PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Getting rid of non-paying tenants

funster
01-03-2017, 19:28
What experience do forum members have of getting rid of tenants when they fail to pay their rent, ignore all emails and phone messages? The contract they signed is specific in its terms that such breach means instant eviction once the 5 days grace period has also elapsed. Does the law change where there are children in the family.
Many thanks.

cressrt
01-03-2017, 19:50
You should get legal advice as to where you stand.
Just a quick question, is the contract in Spanish, as this is required to be fully legal, I think your 5 days will not be enforceable, I have read that landlords can apply for eviction after 10 days of non payment. I expect it will not matter what they have signed if it is conflict to the law.

Richj
02-03-2017, 08:35
This post is really useful , because I have just decided not to rent my property. It is just the sort of hassle, law abiding land lords don't need. Once again the few are causing lots of grief for good folk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony the Welder
02-03-2017, 08:39
What experience do forum members have of getting rid of tenants when they fail to pay their rent, ignore all emails and phone messages? The contract they signed is specific in its terms that such breach means instant eviction once the 5 days grace period has also elapsed. Does the law change where there are children in the family.
Many thanks.

agree with cressrt proper legal advice is needed . talking with the tenant to try to resolve the problem is the best action . instant eviction after 5 days knot going to happen . and children do play a role ,as dose nationalty believe it or knot

Richj
02-03-2017, 08:41
You never hear a happy of a happy ending to these stories. Just stick with people you know who have properties to return to after a vacation stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danille Gerow
10-03-2017, 04:05
Get a legal advise. Surely your contract stated something about eviction and the its notice in the event of payment non-compliance.