PDA

View Full Version : Finance Changing money

wendy1950
03-03-2017, 18:04
Hi
Are there any money exchange shops in or near Las Americas, dont mean the usual rip off places, I know in Torrevieja Spain there are money shops that give almost bank rate and no commissions or hidden costs, just wondered whether to bring euros or change some there
Thank you

blondie
03-03-2017, 18:33
Hi
Are there any money exchange shops in or near Las Americas, dont mean the usual rip off places, I know in Torrevieja Spain there are money shops that give almost bank rate and no commissions or hidden costs, just wondered whether to bring euros or change some there
Thank you

In all the many years of coming to L A I have never had a problem changing money at exchanges
I always use Java to change mine . It across the road from thd Santander Bank next to PJ s bar .
Always use the one where you have to go downstairs to it not the one on the main street .There are also others
you can use too Admiral Travel being one of them . I know what you mean about the Costa Blanca , what a
shower of rip off merchants they were when changing money .

tfs1
03-03-2017, 19:15
In all the many years of coming to L A I have never had a problem changing money at exchanges
I always use Java to change mine . It across the road from thd Santander Bank next to PJ s bar .
Always use the one where you have to go downstairs to it not the one on the main street .There are also others
you can use too Admiral Travel being one of them . I know what you mean about the Costa Blanca , what a
shower of rip off merchants they were when changing money .

The local exchange places this afternoon in LC were generally offering 1.14, assume its similar in PDLA

junglejim
04-03-2017, 09:53
Generally ,the better exchanges here offer 2cents below official Bank Rate with no commission - if you indicate where you will be staying , members will advise .
In San Eugenio ,best rate is usually exchange next to Mercadona or below Amandas .

wendy1950
09-03-2017, 16:58
Thanks everyone sorry I took so long to reply.
we are going to Costa adeje so will find one of those mentioned, thank you again.

imablue
09-03-2017, 17:32
The above mentioned is Torviscas Travel opposite La Nina Hotel.

essexeddie
09-03-2017, 19:18
I never use the exchange shops now as I always use the ATMs and get the commercial rate with no commission. Depends what Debit card you use of course. I do this all over the world now.

warbey
09-03-2017, 21:44
I always used a certain shop in Las Americas, then I discovered that Local shops were in on the act with an even better rate.

115 as against 114 a little over a week ago.

I always change in Tenerife and except for prepaid Cards which may be better, I reckon I don't lose out much.

bennoa1
14-03-2017, 14:02
The above mentioned is Torviscas Travel opposite La Nina Hotel.

I always use this place too. Never seen their rates beaten. You need to take a passport in first time and they'll give you a card to produce from then on. They did have a lovely old dog who obviously had a rear end problem - so sad. Rate is pants today.

junglejim
16-03-2017, 09:43
I always use this place too. Never seen their rates beaten. You need to take a passport in first time and they'll give you a card to produce from then on. They did have a lovely old dog who obviously had a rear end problem - so sad. Rate is pants today.
They have a second outlet next to Mercadona in CC San Eugenio.

bennoa1
16-03-2017, 10:01
They have a second outlet next to Mercadona in CC San Eugenio.

Try and avoid San Eugenio otherwise I get dragged around the shops!!

Chine
21-03-2017, 18:07
ive found that the best rate on GDS is at JR'S bar in the top square in San Blas