PDA

View Full Version : Education Childcare and after school activities in Tenerife

missy2900
04-03-2017, 17:42
Hello All

I'm new to the forums - so nice to meet you all. I'm contemplating a move other next year, but a lot of this will be depend on several factors..a little advice would be much appreciated in my current situation.

About Myself :

I'm 31, from the UK and have a 5 (soon to be 6) year old daughter. I'm single - so it will just be the 2 of us heading over. My work situation is that I already have an Internet job, which leaves me with a comfortable salary, so fortunately I won't need to worry about finding work when (if) we do head over.

Education :

I really want to put my daughter into the Spanish education system, so she will be fluent in both English and Spanish. From reading various posts, I see Luther King school is a very good school, but the comments were from about 2-3 years ago. Does anyone have any recent information on this school? And is it very difficult to get into?

Secondly, finding a nanny/childcare is very important. I will need my daughter to attend some sort of after- school activity, or have childcare till about 5pm so I can do my job effectively. This isn't an issue in the UK, but what about in Tenerife?

Thirdly. (and sorry if this sounds daft) but do homes in Tenerife have a good fibre optic broadband? This is actually very important for me, as my job relies on a stable, high-speed connection.

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions! :spin:

Rachel C
23-04-2018, 15:49
Hi

I don't have kids in Luther King (mine are in the local state school) but I have friends with kids there who say that it's a good school, classes are taught in both Spanish and English. The private schools here tend to run later than than the state schools, their hours are all different, but some of them have classes until as late as five pm. I'm pretty sure that there is after-school care until about six pm. I have definitely seen kids emerging from the Internacional Colegio de Adeje at five-ish, but that's something you'd have to check directly with the school.
Here's link to the school website https://www.lutherking.com/en/luther-king-centers/luther-king-san-miguel/

There is decent fibre optic connection available in many areas, as long as you're not living too far out of the way you'll probably be able to get a decent connection.

Hope this helps

Rachel.