PDA

View Full Version : Other Headings bar

Geordie Maggot
15-03-2017, 13:21
Is anybody else having problems navigating around the forum using the headings bar at the top? Particularly the 'whats new?' and 'Todays Post' headers.

lynno52
15-03-2017, 13:26
Is anybody else having problems navigating around the forum using the headings bar at the top? Particularly the 'whats new?' and 'Todays Post' headers.

Yes I am - have to go 'round the houses ' to get onto a thread! Have reported it and asked for some help yesterday - nothing yet!

imablue
15-03-2017, 13:31
Click on today's posts and keep getting...
Data Base error...

lynno52
15-03-2017, 13:34
Data Base error...

Me too..............

blondie
15-03-2017, 14:27
Data Base error...

Same here for the past few days .

tfs1
15-03-2017, 16:26
Me too..............

me toooo

Tshirt
15-03-2017, 16:32
Same here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macdonald5
15-03-2017, 21:48
And me too

Addick
16-03-2017, 09:11
Blame Brexit!

Geordie Maggot
16-03-2017, 09:41
Still the same today! but I blame Sturgeon :laugh:

macdonald5
16-03-2017, 13:00
And Salmond !?

imablue
16-03-2017, 15:07
I blame it on "The Boogie"....

tizzywizzy
18-03-2017, 19:28
still not right,has taken me ages to get on

Angusjim
19-03-2017, 09:31
Jesus I take a week off and it ends up in chaos I suppose I will have to get this sorted oot:wave:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Jesus I take a week off and it ends up in chaos I suppose I will have to get this sorted oot:wave:

So I have done a wee bit digging and still await other replies ( if I ever get one ) but from the one I have it does not look good, seems there is no real interest from the owners in the Forum now and we basically have no Mods anymore. I have an another avenue to explore which I will later today. Thanks to the person who did reply, not the best news but was an honest reply about the situation. Does anybody feel there is an interest within members for the Forum to continue given we are a small dwindling band I for one do enjoy the Forum and would hope we can help it continue. Thoughts ??

blondie
19-03-2017, 12:54
Yes I would certainly miss it if went , I enjoy what little that is left of the forum and still find it informative .
Its been a nuisance this past week not be able to log in the proper pages.I am not computer savvy to find another
way round it so I really would like it fixed . Go Angusjim:pray::superman:

lynno52
19-03-2017, 13:06
Thanks Angusjim for trying to solve this. :agree: I want this Forum to continue and thought it had picked up lately?

As Blondie says - we have managed to go 'round the houses' to access threads and posts.:c2:

Angusjim
19-03-2017, 13:10
Thanks Angusjim for trying to solve this. :agree: I want this Forum to continue and thought it had picked up lately?

As Blondie says - we have managed to go 'round the houses' to access threads and posts.:c2:

I would agree there were signs of more activity and posts but what is happening at the moment is not good and my fear is it may possibly disappear all together without any notice :(

garlicbread
19-03-2017, 15:09
A forum such as this will only continue to exist if its members post regularly and there is continued interest from "guests" . From its peak back in 2010 with thousands of members and an even greater number of guests, post counts were high and therefore running costs could be offset with advertising revenue. Sadly it has declined rapidly in the recent past, there was a time when only the fun and games section was being used regularly. I personally, along with many many others, used the forum to gather info on all things related to Tenerife, and to offer help to others with similar needs. Sadly it has been, shall we say , overtaken by other social media platforms, mainly Facebook where it is much much easier to get information as well as keep in touch with like minded people. The forum isn't dead but I do feel it has had its day.

Angusjim
19-03-2017, 15:51
A forum such as this will only continue to exist if its members post regularly and there is continued interest from "guests" . From its peak back in 2010 with thousands of members and an even greater number of guests, post counts were high and therefore running costs could be offset with advertising revenue. Sadly it has declined rapidly in the recent past, there was a time when only the fun and games section was being used regularly. I personally, along with many many others, used the forum to gather info on all things related to Tenerife, and to offer help to others with similar needs. Sadly it has been, shall we say , overtaken by other social media platforms, mainly Facebook where it is much much easier to get information as well as keep in touch with like minded people. The forum isn't dead but I do feel it has had its day.

Good post Mike, I feel that there was a lot more interest in the Forum recently but this issue with logging on this week has clearly stopped progress in its tracks, I agree the Forum will never get back to where it was because as you have stated there is now too much competition. Along with others I still feel there is a place for the Forum and we have been trying hard to get posting going again and it was improving, but until this issue is resolved its going to stall or stop all together. Perhaps If the owners are no longer interested they would consider giving it over to interested Forum members FOC and see if they can improve the situation, if you can help facilitate dialogue with the owners that would be great.
Cheers
Jim

fixer
19-03-2017, 21:56
I cant get passed home page in the normal way.

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 07:17
I cant get passed home page in the normal way.

You are not alone but getting it sorted out is proving difficult

Geordie Maggot
20-03-2017, 09:37
Although I am new to the forum and do not have that history with the rest of the members I will miss it if it was closed. I have learnt a lot of information that has helped me make decisions on all things Tenerife. Hopefully it will keep going and I will be able to become one of those that can make a valuable input.

lsmt971
20-03-2017, 12:02
I'm quite new here and don't post an awful lot. I do enjoy logging on every day or couple of days to see what's going on though and would miss it if it went.

I think we know why this place isn't as busy as in the past and that must be a worry for the long standing members

Angusjim
20-03-2017, 13:06
Here is a reply I have received trying to resolve the current Forum issues I am not on Facebook could somone who knows about such things please post on below and ask questions required :tiphat:

It might be easier if you (or a friend with access) go on Facebook and post your questions/comments here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenerifeforum/

lynno52
20-03-2017, 13:24
Thanks Angusjim, - I am not a user of Facebook either but I hope some of our members are and can do as suggested:spin:

blondie
20-03-2017, 14:55
I have reported it through fb and have been told it is pending and awaits approval from admin .Will let you know if I am told any more .

Angusjim
21-03-2017, 07:36
I have reported it through fb and have been told it is pending and awaits approval from admin .Will let you know if I am told any more .

Maybe more the merrier that could report this on Facebook it may help

tfs1
21-03-2017, 12:25
I managed to escape from Facebook some years ago, although it wasn't easy to do. When on FB everyone who I didn't know wanted to be my friend ! - why ?

Geordie Maggot
21-03-2017, 12:43
I managed to escape from Facebook some years ago, although it wasn't easy to do. When on FB everyone who I didn't know wanted to be my friend ! - why ?

Same here. Over 200 'Friends' but then only a handful of those messaged me on a regular basis. I went cold turkey about 6 years ago now and I've never felt better :lol:

LindaD
21-03-2017, 23:06
Here is a reply I have received trying to resolve the current Forum issues I am not on Facebook could somone who knows about such things please post on below and ask questions required :tiphat:

It might be easier if you (or a friend with access) go on Facebook and post your questions/comments here https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenerifeforum/

This is the first I've been able to get on to the Forum and see what has been going on. I just kept trying 'New Posts' to access it but kept getting the Database error message. After some faffing around managed to read this thread and like yourself Angusjim don't go on Facebook a lot. It's really not the same in terms of trying to see what's going on on a daily basis. Dae ken whits gawn on but it's a real shame if it's not sorted.

Angusjim
22-03-2017, 11:30
Will the last person to leave remember to switch off the lights:(

macdonald5
22-03-2017, 11:55
Why no move over to other AJ? :kittylove:

Angusjim
22-03-2017, 12:26
Why no move over to other AJ? :kittylove:

Do you mean CC or TF of F ??

macdonald5
22-03-2017, 13:08
Do you mean CC or TF of F ??

CC ........lots of exes there now

Angusjim
22-03-2017, 13:20

I did try but not for me but I do miss me old muckers Geoff & Mark:cry::cry:

Chine
22-03-2017, 14:25

i dont mean to be daft but whats CC ?????

Carol55
22-03-2017, 15:13
I did try but not for me but I do miss me old muckers Geoff & Mark:cry::cry:

Oh I see, your not missing me, I'm still appearing on most nights at The Star Hotel in Montrose, your favourite retreat. :D

lynno52
22-03-2017, 19:53
i dont mean to be daft but whats CC ?????

Chalk Cat Forum...............

Liftman
23-03-2017, 00:07
Good post Mike, I feel that there was a lot more interest in the Forum recently but this issue with logging on this week has clearly stopped progress in its tracks, I agree the Forum will never get back to where it was because as you have stated there is now too much competition. Along with others I still feel there is a place for the Forum and we have been trying hard to get posting going again and it was improving, but until this issue is resolved its going to stall or stop all together. Perhaps If the owners are no longer interested they would consider giving it over to interested Forum members FOC and see if they can improve the situation, if you can help facilitate dialogue with the owners that would be great.
Cheers
Jim

I went away from the forum as it became a "nasty" place following the trolling and bullying from certain posters.
I would post and read regularly if it went back to the way it was when I joined.

Leam_Lin
23-03-2017, 14:17
This is the first I've been able to get on to the Forum and see what has been going on. I just kept trying 'New Posts' to access it but kept getting the Database error message. After some faffing around managed to read this thread and like yourself Angusjim don't go on Facebook a lot. It's really not the same in terms of trying to see what's going on on a daily basis. Dae ken whits gawn on but it's a real shame if it's not sorted.

Exactly the same has been happening to me.

Tshirt
23-03-2017, 18:50
I reported the problem via FB, unfortunately I reported it to the wrong group and was promptly put in my place which was a bit embarrassing, I didn't realise there are more than one Tenerife Forum FB groups. :ashamed::confused:

lynno52
23-03-2017, 19:16
Me neither Ted, but am not on Facebook. At least you tried:)

warbey
23-03-2017, 21:11
Same with me too

I tried another Forum but it didn't really fit so came back here only less often.

Managed to negotiate back in earlier.

Nice to see so many regulars too.

Red
24-03-2017, 00:23
Where is Headings Bar and can you get a pint for a Euro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angusjim
25-03-2017, 11:53
I went away from the forum as it became a "nasty" place following the trolling and bullying from certain posters.
I would post and read regularly if it went back to the way it was when I joined.

I would hope that we can get things sorted as the Forum was getting stronger but I fear the end may be nigh I have had no response to my enquiries and as I have said before would not be surprised if one day it just goes off all together. Can some one who is on Facebook not contact Kirsty on the Facebook page that was mentioned she is on there all the time and I believe you can message her or something like that :dontknow::doh:

delderek
25-03-2017, 14:04
I have sent her a message on facebook, but as we are not "facebook friends" it will not show in her inbox. It will only show if she goes into the messenger service. Which she may or may not ever look at.

Margaretta
25-03-2017, 16:51
I am not competent with computer skills but feel convinced that this forum will come into its own very soon. Building on the island is happening again and people want to stay or buy there because it seems safe in the current climate. They need support as many of us did in the early years of this millennium before the recession. There is still a lot of red tape and as more buildings rise so will the questions. I do hope this dedicated forum remains.

delderek
25-03-2017, 19:19
I am not competent with computer skills but feel convinced that this forum will come into its own very soon. Building on the island is happening again and people want to stay or buy there because it seems safe in the current climate. They need support as many of us did in the early years of this millennium before the recession. There is still a lot of red tape and as more buildings rise so will the questions. I do hope this dedicated forum remains.

Building may be on the move again, but I can't see many Brits buying at the moment, for obvious reasons

helena246
26-03-2017, 06:14
Building may be on the move again, but I can't see many Brits buying at the moment, for obvious reasons

Lots of land still not built on between Parque Tropical 1, Paloma Beach and seafront in los cris this has been waste land for at least 10-15 years.
wonder when they will start building on that if ever they did build Rincon a couple of years ago.
I keep hearing that all the holiday flats are booked a year in advance and that it is difficult to get a long let.
does anyone have any idea if there are plans for this swathe of prime land.
although I cannot imagine any brits buying whilst the pound is lower than what we are used to.
It would be very sad to see Tenerife Forum go to the wall.

Angusjim
26-03-2017, 08:11
Has everyone lost the thanks button I cannot see it now :dontknow:

helena246
26-03-2017, 09:29

Oh dear I fear it is like the Cheshire cat on alice in wonderland. Tenerife Forum seems to be disappearing slowly before our very eyes

lynno52
26-03-2017, 10:13

Yes - mine's gone!. Looks like they are taking the Forum apart bit by bit eek2:

Angusjim
26-03-2017, 10:17
Well I have tried one last thing to see if I can get a response if nothing from this I give up :(
Just had another brainwave so now last two things to try:laugh:

lynno52
26-03-2017, 10:26
Thank you Angusjim.

helena246
26-03-2017, 10:31
Thanks angus jim

lynno52
26-03-2017, 11:13
Well I have tried one last thing to see if I can get a response if nothing from this I give up :(
Just had another brainwave so now last two things to try:laugh:

Keep up the good work AJ.:pray:

Tshirt
26-03-2017, 19:03

Thanks button still available if you use Tapatalk

Thanks button still available if you use Tapatalk

But it doesn't show the thanks when you go back to the website version

Angusjim
27-03-2017, 11:54
I give up we will just have to wait and see what happens :tiphat:

lynno52
27-03-2017, 13:28
Thank you for trying anyway @Angusjim. Very much appreciated.
Happy New Year for 2018 - in case it folds completely soon:whistle:

warbey
27-03-2017, 20:16
DOREEN ...................Help!

LindaD
27-03-2017, 23:37
Thank you for trying anyway @Angusjim. Very much appreciated.
Happy New Year for 2018 - in case it folds completely soon:whistle:

Aw this disnae look good - see you in May in Tenerife if you're there @Angusjim - you be there too @lynno52

Angusjim
28-03-2017, 06:47
DOREEN ...................Help!

Been there tried that no reply

lynno52
28-03-2017, 08:27
Aw this disnae look good - see you in May in Tenerife if you're there @Angusjim - you be there too @lynno52

I should be there 26th May.

LindaD
28-03-2017, 21:05
We will still be there Lynn, so hopefully will catch up with you. No sure if AJ is there or not :)

9PLUS
28-03-2017, 23:18
Kirsty's sunbathing............................again

komquats

delderek
30-03-2017, 10:22
I have had a reply on facebook messenger from Kirsty.

[I]Hi. I tried the other day and I can't get on either. Though until someone buys it, I still have server access. So if you want to let me know what needs doing I'll try when I have a moment.

My reply:

[I]Tks for coming back. If you go into General Tenerife chat then hit the latest post you can get in. if trying to get in via new posts, you get the database error. Hopefully this may give you a clue. The thanks button has also disappeared. Best Regards

So maybe a glimmer of hope.

Tshirt
30-03-2017, 11:10
Thanks for that Del

lynno52
30-03-2017, 14:11
Thank you Delderek

warbey
30-03-2017, 19:57
Maybe....? ..

LindaD
31-03-2017, 22:31

[I]Hi. I tried the other day and I can't get on either. Though until someone buys it, I still have server access. So if you want to let me know what needs doing I'll try when I have a moment.

My reply:

[I]Tks for coming back. If you go into General Tenerife chat then hit the latest post you can get in. if trying to get in via new posts, you get the database error. Hopefully this may give you a clue. The thanks button has also disappeared. Best Regards

Thanks Del :c2:

Angusjim
02-04-2017, 07:23

My reply:

So nae change yet I was away on business last week, interesting comment about selling I have tried to contact her via The Bloke as you cannot PM her with no reply, so lets get this straight she want to sell a Forum not working correctly and in terminal decline because she will not spend the time to fix the issue. Along with one or two others we may be interested in buying if the number is sensible unlike the nonsense figures that were intimated a few months ago. As a matter on interest where is this advertised as being for sale ?? I will try and contact Doreen again and see if she can help as i believe the money will be going to her anyway.

LindaD
02-04-2017, 23:15
Just another issue is the @ before a forum members name to let them know they have a mention isnae working ether:angry:

Carol55
02-04-2017, 23:25
Just another issue is the @ before a forum members name to let them know they have a mention isnae working ether:angry:

Problems-Problems-Problems, it's all that @AngusJim's fault! :D

Angusjim
03-04-2017, 06:46
Forum is like me its falling apart before my eyes:snore:

Carol55
04-04-2017, 10:32

My reply:

It was well worth a try Del and thank you, but the lady in question must be a very busy one as the problem still exists and how she expects to sell a non-working forum is beyond apprehension, but as you say.......
"maybe a glimmer of hope", although it appears to be a very dull diminishing glimmer of hope! :dontknow:

Along with AngusJim and Ecky Thump there are a couple of other folk who have a keen interest in buying the forum in the hope it will survive, but the price must be a realistic one.

Margaretta
05-04-2017, 12:50
I hope that the demise of this great Forum isn't due to the illness of any moderators?

Moderator_
05-04-2017, 17:07
I hope that the demise of this great Forum isn't due to the illness of any moderators?

I, for one, am fine thanks.

As far as this thread in general is concerned then the price to buy this forum is based on the amount of advertising it generates coupled with the potential to generate more, which, in turn, is relative to the number of people who use it, whether they be guests or registered members. The number of regular users has dropped CONSIDERABLY in the past 2 years, due, as I've said many times before, to the relative success of other social media portals, not least of which is Facebook. No one is trying to "sell" a "non working forum" but the owners, equally, have no reason to give it away. If the four people that Carol55 mentions are serious about wanting to buy it and make it work to their satisfaction, then they must be prepared to pay for the privilege and before anyone asks , my estimate is that this would be at least a four figure sum. Plainly this is too much to ask if all someone wants, or appears to want it for, is to play games and have some banter with a few friends.

I'm not trying to start a debate on the subject, merely passing on my opinion.

delderek
05-04-2017, 18:49

As far as this thread in general is concerned then the price to buy this forum is based on the amount of advertising it generates coupled with the potential to generate more, which, in turn, is relative to the number of people who use it, whether they be guests or registered members. The number of regular users has dropped CONSIDERABLY in the past 2 years, due, as I've said many times before, to the relative success of other social media portals, not least of which is Facebook. No one is trying to "sell" a "non working forum" but the owners, equally, have no reason to give it away. If the four people that Carol55 mentions are serious about wanting to buy it and make it work to their satisfaction, then they must be prepared to pay for the privilege and before anyone asks , my estimate is that this would be at least a four figure sum. Plainly this is too much to ask if all someone wants, or appears to want it for, is to play games and have some banter with a few friends.

All fair comment Mr Moderator, but surely fixing the database error access problems, should be a pre requisite, with a convoluted access, membership can only decline at an accelerated rate.

I will also add, that other similar forums have an increasing membership irrespective of other social media portals. So where should one look for the reason why? Most of the members know the reason. Does the management?

Addick
05-04-2017, 19:25
... the price to buy this forum is based on the amount of advertising it generates coupled with the potential to generate more, which, in turn, is relative to the number of people who use it, whether they be guests or registered members. The number of regular users has dropped CONSIDERABLY in the past 2 years... No one is trying to "sell" a "non working forum"...they must be prepared to pay for the privilege and before anyone asks , my estimate is that this would be at least a four figure sum...

Opening bid of £15.88

Angusjim
06-04-2017, 09:24

So Mike why don't you just contact your old muckers Kirsty & The Bloke and ask them to let me know what the number is that they are looking for, keeping in mind as you have stated the Forum has no future and is on its knees with dwindling revenue & members and they are doing nothing to help this, how can they expect anything near the money the DOREEN put into to save it a few years ago. You come across very condescending about our intentions as you have no idea what we intend to do, I run 2 very successful businesses in the UK so know what 1 + 1 makes:spin: , but until a sum is mentioned nothing can move forward, their other option is to do what they are currently doing and get sweet FA back equalling zero money :tiphat:

Ecky Thump
06-04-2017, 15:46

As someone along with AngusJim and possibly others who are interested in helping to buy and hopefully save this forum, my penny worth is that a selling price of four figures might have been a realistic one a few years ago, but now it can only be a price worth the present advertising revenue and as you pointed out it's being pushed out of the market by other factors like Facebook and at least two other quite successful forums.
As for the games and banter issue, if that's what the past (now dwindling) members wanted, plus the other important issues that were being discussed by them, then if that's what made the forum popular in the past, then let it return to that point and we shouldn't simply belittle the members point of view by our own opinions and values of others.

warbey
06-04-2017, 20:29
Thanks Moderator for Your input. I also note and agree with Your comment about no debate.

I trust the visitor count still works, so You have all the figures and facts to back up Your point.

Perhaps the figures will have dropped even more now People can't get onto the Forum.

It would be a bit far fetched to even call it a going concern.

As Doreen appears to have lost interest and "others" haven't interest or time"

perhaps someone could point out the facts and sell sooner rather than try when the system has closed down.

Just a thought, and I have no financial incentive here, only a number of friends I miss.

Cheers

lynno52
07-04-2017, 09:32
Thank you Ecky and Warbey for your useful posts

Angusjim
07-04-2017, 12:47
I will post no more on this thread about the potential sale as they have my E mail address on record and if they wish to contact me they are more than welcome, I would say if we hear nothing in next couple of weeks there is no will on the seller's part to move the Forum on to us.:tiphat: :wave:

Unlike mine you mean:crylaughing::crylaughing:

lynno52
07-04-2017, 12:58
Unlike mine you mean:crylaughing::crylaughing:

I've already thanked you!:twak:

Angusjim
07-04-2017, 13:00
I've already thanked you!:twak:

Hey dinnae you hit me on the heid:lol:

warbey
07-04-2017, 20:41

You are very welcome.

I think the most viable solution to this is for some enterprising soul to start an alternative Forum

which would be run similar to this one years ago when we all valued what it achieved.

It looks as if this one will just fade away and with all the Information and historical Posts to be lost
it will be a crying shame.

I wish I had some knowledge of the ins and outs of running a Forum but havent.

I know there are one or two interested and I might be able to help ( with some training.)

Wait and see.

P.S. I see all those who still want it to operate seemingly ALL LIVE here and not Tenerife.

Funny that ?

As someone along with AngusJim and possibly others who are interested in helping to buy and hopefully save this forum, my penny worth is that a selling price of four figures might have been a realistic one a few years ago, but now it can only be a price worth the present advertising revenue and as you pointed out it's being pushed out of the market by other factors like Facebook and at least two other quite successful forums.
As for the games and banter issue, if that's what the past (now dwindling) members wanted, plus the other important issues that were being discussed by them, then if that's what made the forum popular in the past, then let it return to that point and we shouldn't simply belittle the members point of view by our own opinions and values of others.

Agreed 100% Hope you agree with what Ive said too Ecky

Time is running out before the whole Forum crashes and becomes a liability.
A blind Man could see that..

Angusjim
09-04-2017, 07:36
Search facility no working now or at least not for me:cry:
And spammers are taking over as the main posters come on Kirsty I fear unless you contact me shortly the Forum will disappear all together