PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport Taxi with babies - transport from airport May 2017

spacedmonkeys
03-04-2017, 09:18
Hi, have been to Tenerife a good few times now, but this year will be travelling with my new 6 month old baby, and (almost) 2 year old boy, along with my wife and her 10 year old.

We have always just got a taxi from outside the airport. No problems and about 26 euro.

However this year will be needing a baby seat and toddler seat....

Does anyone know if the taxi rank cars have baby seats? What if they don't do they expect the baby and toddler to sit on lap?

Is there anyone here (British or English speaking) who runs a transfer car, with baby seats?

Travelling to Los Cristianos, may 21st.

Angusjim
03-04-2017, 10:14
Hi, have been to Tenerife a good few times now, but this year will be travelling with my new 6 month old baby, and (almost) 2 year old boy, along with my wife and her 10 year old.

We have always just got a taxi from outside the airport. No problems and about 26 euro.

However this year will be needing a baby seat and toddler seat....

Does anyone know if the taxi rank cars have baby seats? What if they don't do they expect the baby and toddler to sit on lap?

Is there anyone here (British or English speaking) who runs a transfer car, with baby seats?

Travelling to Los Cristianos, may 21st.

Try here http://vivatransfers.com/index.php myself with others on here have used them and have had great service at good prices but I personally have never travelled with babies / toddlers but they do these seats as an extra on their booking form

Phoenix
04-04-2017, 18:02
I asked the same thing the other day lol.

The airline should allow you to take car seats and strollers, I'm flying with Ryanaire and was told I could take my 10m old's car seat. The only issue is getting a 6 seater taxi as we are slso going 2 adults, 2 children, and a baby.

spacedmonkeys
11-04-2017, 11:03
I don't think I am going to risk grabbing a taxi at the airport, nobody (here) seems to know if car seats are available... will probably book with viva, at least then don't have to worry about transport back to airport after the hols.

Ecky Thump
11-04-2017, 12:36
I don't think I am going to risk grabbing a taxi at the airport, nobody (here) seems to know if car seats are available... will probably book with viva, at least then don't have to worry about transport back to airport after the hols.

When you have concerns about incar safety for children, then I think that you are doing the correct thing by prebooking your transport. I have never SEEN a Tenerife taxi in A RANK with a child's car seat.