PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Coffee In Restaurants

Stevo
05-04-2017, 07:25
I've tried the search box but nothing is working so wondering if anybody knows what brand of coffee the majority of the restaurants use. When I was recently in Costa Adeje we regularly went in the Victoria Restaurant that is under Laguna Park 1 and we absolutely loved the coffee and most other restaurants were very similar, but didn't really think to ask them at the time. We would like to purchase the same coffee back here in the UK if possible and the required machine if a domestic one is available.
Please help anyone, I need my Tenerife coffee fix haha!!!

Carol55
05-04-2017, 09:34
Lavazza is a good cofffeee brand and is sold in many (maybe the majority) of the restaurants in Tenerife, also all Lavazza coffee's are available online in the U.K.

Stevo
05-04-2017, 12:37
Thanks Carol yes I have seen Lavazza in UK shops, I'll give it a go to see if it's the same as I had over in Tenerife

bennoa1
05-04-2017, 15:15
You need to be able to heat and froth the milk up for a closer match. They tend to use proper coffee beans from what I've seen not instant (unless you're in an english bar). I guess its just a shot of espresso with hot frothy milk as the espresso is common across many coffees - cortado, iced coffee, espresso (obviously) etc etc so the same shot can be converted into many varieties with the addition of other items.

Carol55
05-04-2017, 16:38
We have now converted to using a Krups machine that has a onboard milk Frother/Heater and uses many of the coffee pods that are available, at the moment we are buying Ristretto from Lidl, it's a 100% Aribica bean and is full flavoured. It lends itself to many different ways of enjoying your coffee.

tub
05-04-2017, 19:59
i have an espresso machine here in england and it has a built in frother the reason i found why cafe coffee tastes better is because they have a bigger sale so the coffee is fresher ground when i first grind a bag of beans it taste different to older beans and older coffee powder so i grind little but often illy is a good coffee sold every where its better than lavazza my favourite is sumatra mandhelin

warbey
12-04-2017, 20:23
Interesting subject. We drink mainly tea and it tastes differently at Our Daughters a few hundred yards away

using the same tea bags from the same Packet.

We came to the conclusion that water and it's taste with different substances from different sources

mean it is almost impossible to repeat exactly. Just as Drinks and food taste differently at 30 thou feet up

We breath air that has sea influences in Tenerife, so salt,ozone and various smells have an effect too.

It You have managed a good substitute, great, I have given up..................

Liftman
12-04-2017, 21:10
Lidl coffee. Java Sumatra. Comes in a green topped packet. ready ground. Very close match to what you are looking for at a really good price.

Ecky Thump
12-04-2017, 21:40
Interesting subject. We drink mainly tea and it tastes differently at Our Daughters a few hundred yards away

using the same tea bags from the same Packet.

We came to the conclusion that water and it's taste with different substances from different sources

mean it is almost impossible to repeat exactly. .....

We have als found the same thing between our home and our sons, which have the same water supply, my guess is that it's todo with the old water pipes that supply our water being full of old contaminates.

Lidl coffee. Java Sumatra. Comes in a green topped packet. ready ground. Very close match to what you are looking for at a really good price.

We have also used that coffee and found it very good and excellent value.

Liftman
14-04-2017, 01:26
We have also used that coffee and found it very good and excellent value.

Of course, you do need to run it through a decent pressurised espresso machine. I have a Gaggia.

Ecky Thump
14-04-2017, 09:25

Of course, you do need to run it through a decent pressurised espresso machine. I have a Gaggia.

My sons pal is a major franchisee in O'Briens Cofffee shops and when he comes to our house he says it's as good as his.....not sure if that's a recommendation or not!! :D

Liftman
14-04-2017, 11:44
My sons pal is a major franchisee in O'Briens Cofffee shops and when he comes to our house he says it's as good as his.....not sure if that's a recommendation or not!! :D

Don't know of O'Briens down at this end of the country. I think the coffee is as good as any of the premium brands like Lavazza, it takes an expensive one like a Whittards to beat it

Angusjim
23-04-2017, 06:48
All Canarian restaurants do not offer great coffee I have good and bad in equal doses same as in the UK

Ecky Thump
23-04-2017, 11:09
All Canarian restaurants do not offer great coffee I have good and bad in equal doses same as in the UK

I'm not the greatest coffee fan, but I do like the Coffee Leche Leche (Bomdon) that has condensed milk in it. Mmmm!

https://www.thespruce.com/cafe-canario-or-cafe-bombon-recipe-3082956

Angusjim
23-04-2017, 11:27
I'm not the greatest coffee fan, but I do like the Coffee Leche Leche (Bomdon) that has condensed milk in it. Mmmm!

https://www.thespruce.com/cafe-canario-or-cafe-bombon-recipe-3082956

Naw thats is pish tried it and spat it oot

Ecky Thump
23-04-2017, 14:55

Your taste buds have been destroyed by the copious amounts of alcohol you have consumed made by that the English company called McKewan's, who supposedly make East Coast Scottish Lager....now that is 'Pish Water!' :D

Jim, Stick to the Amber Nectar called Bunnahabhain ....nay even a hangover or destroyed brain cells, just a false sense of intelligence when talking or bravery when speaking to your wife.:p

LindaD
24-04-2017, 01:07

Yi didnae like it then AJ :whistle:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Your taste buds have been destroyed by the copious amounts of alcohol you have consumed made by that the English company called McKewan's, who supposedly make East Coast Scottish Lager....now that is 'Pish Water!' :D

Jim, Stick to the Amber Nectar called Bunnahabhain ....nay even a hangover or destroyed brain cells, just a false sense of intelligence when talking or bravery when speaking to your wife.:p

Yi think yer maybe cruisin for a bruisin there Ecky :wink2:

Ecky Thump
24-04-2017, 10:09
Yi think yer maybe cruisin for a bruisin there Ecky :wink2:

Och Linda he's nowt but a old man with a pipe and slippers......no staying power. :old:

But getting back on track, I have generally found the coffee in Tenerife to be very palatable.