PDA

View Full Version : Other Your forum needs you

Angusjim
08-04-2017, 07:36
In the event that anyone does get back and we could do a deal to take over the Forum help would be needed at various levels and it would be useful if people could contact either Ecky or myself by posting here or if you prefer by PM to let us know if you can help or suggest people who may help. Maybe you just want to voice your support as we try to secure ownership that is equally fine and important that we know there is plenty support from members for the Forum to continue and in fact get stronger. I make it clear from the start I am an IT Luddite but I am in talks with my IT company who look after our systems to get pointers / advice from them and their MD has offered his advice FOC to me. We would need the expertise in place to run the Forum if we are successful in our quest and having the knowledge we have the right people and the members backing would help in making any decisions required.
YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU !!!

delderek
08-04-2017, 08:58
Yes I would be willing to offer support if required.

marbro8
08-04-2017, 09:12
Here if you need me Jim good luck pal

Angusjim
08-04-2017, 09:32
Yes I would be willing to offer support if required.

Thanks Del thanks for your support

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Here if you need me Jim good luck pal

Thanks Mark not seen you around here for a wee while good to see you are keeping in touch ( better than watching Walsall :laugh:)

marbro8
08-04-2017, 09:44
Anything is better than watching Walsall at the moment:laugh:

Ecky Thump
08-04-2017, 10:08
As Jim has stated, we need a core group of people to help both financially and physically get this forum hopefully back to its old self.

This thread has already brought forward a couple of people Del & Mark who are willing to offer us help. At this point I think it would be helpful if more interested forum members (new or old) to make contact with Jim and clarify what involvement they would like to offer, either as someone who has computer skills or willing to offer to become a financial partner.

Please use AngusJim as your first contact point, as it will become difficult to collate who is offering what form of help if we have too many individual messages going between us. Jim will be able to pass all contact made by members to me by email.

Please show your support of wishing this forum success by posting on this thread.

Together we can achieve! :jump2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anything is better than watching Walsall at the moment:laugh:

There's nowt wrong with Walsall Mark, you know who was born there....but, he might deny it.:D

marbro8
08-04-2017, 10:18
As Jim has stated, we need a core group of people to help both financially and physically get this forum hopefully back to its old self.

This thread has already brought forward a couple of people Del & Mark who are willing to offer us help. At this point I think it would be helpful if more interested forum members (new or old) to make contact with Jim and clarify what involvement they would like to offer, either as someone who has computer skills or willing to offer to become a financial partner.

Please use AngusJim as your first contact point, as it will become difficult to collate who is offering what form of help if we have too many individual messages going between us. Jim will be able to pass all contact made by members to me by email.

Please show your support of wishing this forum success by posting on this thread.

Together we can achieve! :jump2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There's nowt wrong with Walsall Mark, you know who was born there....but, he might deny it.:DDon't get winding the Scottish midlander up:D

lsmt971
08-04-2017, 10:19
I hope the forum succeeds and wish you all well for the future.

I'm not really technical enough to offer any support I'm afraid. I have been a mod on another forum if that's any help.

Ecky Thump
08-04-2017, 10:40
I hope the forum succeeds and wish you all well for the future.

I'm not really technical enough to offer any support I'm afraid. I have been a mod on another forum if that's any help.

That's great that support is already being shown and a 'moderator team' will be needed, as on this present regime the whole workload appears to have landed on the shoulders of 'Garlic Bread' who has worked extremely hard over the past years.

Tshirt
08-04-2017, 11:29
Not sure how I can help, but you'll certainly have my support.

Ecky Thump
08-04-2017, 11:31
Not sure how I can help, but you'll certainly have my support.

Thanks and I'm sure that all help and support will be appreciated by all the forum members.:jumping:

Addick
08-04-2017, 18:13
Good luck with keeping the place going.

It may not be fashionable to use forums given some of the alternatives out there, but they still have their place, and can be popular for both regular and occasional users alike if they are well managed.

Ecky Thump
08-04-2017, 19:07
Good luck with keeping the place going.

It may not be fashionable to use forums given some of the alternatives out there, but they still have their place, and can be popular for both regular and occasional users alike if they are well managed.

Let's hope that the present owner of the forum contacts AngusJim and offers to sell it at a realistic price so that it can continue and progress, neither Jim or myself have any interest in making it a money making venture, just a self funding platform where folk can continue to find and post useful information, plus maybe a bit of friendly banter.:)
It would also help if the technical fault is soon attended to.

warbey
08-04-2017, 19:59
You know you have My support Ecky. I previously mentioned the core remaining Members are all in the u.k.

I do hope Garlic Bread will feel able to continue if the forum is transferred to new ownership.

Best of luck!

tub
08-04-2017, 20:57
you have my support where would we go for a bit of banter and good information not sure what i can do other than say what i think good luck to you

Liftman
09-04-2017, 00:25
I would also like to offer my support in any way possible. I have been a moderator on other forums (fora?) in the past, and have medium computer skills.

Angusjim
09-04-2017, 07:21
Thanks for all the replies all very useful and appreciated we seem to have some mods in the making hopefully you have thick skins :lol: I will keep you updated as we try and progress things. Meantime please feel free to post or PM me with anything you may think that would relevant / useful or even funny don't want the Forum to get overly serious that would be the balance we would like to strike if we are successful.
To all members "lang may yer lum reek" ( don't ask just Google):scotland:

Angusjim
10-04-2017, 10:10
Just a wee update I have been contacted by the owner via PM asking for my E Mail details which I have provided, I have now just PM'd back again with a cut off date for details of what figure she is looking for. The date I have given is 15/4/17 by 8.00am after that time I have said speaking for myself I will no longer be interested in pursuing this any further.:tiphat:

lsmt971
10-04-2017, 13:53
Good luck.

warbey
10-04-2017, 20:24
Let's hope This Person looks in the Forum by then.?

Thanks for current information.

Angusjim
11-04-2017, 06:26
Let's hope This Person looks in the Forum by then.?

Thanks for current information.

They will have received an E mail telling them they have PM its then up to them if they are serious about wanting rid, but I will not discuss this with them after the timescale indicated

Ecky Thump
11-04-2017, 09:25
They will have received an E mail telling them they have PM its then up to them if they are serious about wanting rid, but I will not discuss this with them after the timescale indicated

I'm in total agreement with you Jim, my interest in buying along with you will soon diminish, especially when the seller hasn't appeared to be bothered to fix the technical fault or given us any feedback......my impression is that they would sooner let this forum collapse than let the few remaining members and one moderator try to bring some life back to it. I just can't understand their logic. :dontknow:

warbey
11-04-2017, 20:09
I'm in total agreement with you Jim, my interest in buying along with you will soon diminish, especially when the seller hasn't appeared to be bothered to fix the technical fault or given us any feedback......my impression is that they would sooner let this forum collapse than let the few remaining members and one moderator try to bring some life back to it. I just can't understand their logic. :dontknow:

I think a Forum without visitors and without revenue from any advertising will be running at a LOSS.

I cannot see any logic there at all Ecky.

Angusjim
12-04-2017, 12:09
Tic Toc Tic Toc :dontknow:

macdonald5
12-04-2017, 18:53
Don't know how to post this sad news on this broken forum ....Canarybird ..who posted lovely pics and posts has died......reported on reliable forum ...RIP @Canarybird. xx

Don't know how to post this sad news on this broken forum ....Canarybird ..who posted lovely pics and posts has died......reported on reliable forum ...RIP @canarybird
xx

canarybird has died.........reported on reliable forum....loved her posts and pics.....RIP dear canarybird x

warbey
12-04-2017, 19:57
Thanks for the sad news Mac.

I liked Her posts and loved Her Photos

It was a surprise to Me, but as this Forum is in a state there has been no

warning.

Rest in Peace Lovely Lady. We miss You.

Tic Toc Tic Toc :dontknow:

I will be surprised if any business gets done.

How about a plan B?

Is it possible to set up a new Forum as substitute.

Sure We could all transfer and the others would be able to return if they wanted.?

This method could well be cheaper as there would be nothing to buy, and Kirsty et al

could retain the wreckage.

Just a thought.

tub
12-04-2017, 20:16
a good backup plan

imablue
12-04-2017, 20:24
Very sad news indeed ,one of our (the forums) most prominent posters...was thinking of her whilst we were in Puerto de la Cruz last week and hadnt seen any post from her of late.
God Bless .x

Ecky Thump
12-04-2017, 20:33
Very sad news indeed ,one of our (the forums) most prominent posters...was thinking of her whilst we were in Puerto de la Cruz last week and hadnt seen any post from her of late.
God Bless .x

Yes, very sad news indeed.
I loved looking at her photos and try to guess which restaurant in Puerto had Canary Bird as a valued customer on the day the picture was taken.

blondie
12-04-2017, 20:48
Yes, very sad news indeed.
I loved looking at her photos and try to guess which restaurant in Puerto had Canary Bird as a valued customer on the day the picture was taken.

This is really sad news , I am so sorry to hear about Canarybirds passing . I loved the pictures of her garden and the
first snows on Teide . A lot of lovely people have left this forum in one way or another , is it too late to get some of them back ?

TheBloke
13-04-2017, 01:31
Rest in Peace Canarybird

Angusjim
13-04-2017, 06:37
Thanks for the sad news Mac.

I liked Her posts and loved Her Photos

It was a surprise to Me, but as this Forum is in a state there has been no

warning.

Rest in Peace Lovely Lady. We miss You.

I will be surprised if any business gets done.

How about a plan B?

Is it possible to set up a new Forum as substitute.

Sure We could all transfer and the others would be able to return if they wanted.?

This method could well be cheaper as there would be nothing to buy, and Kirsty et al

could retain the wreckage.

Just a thought.

My personal plan B is to say goodby to one and all :wave:

Ecky Thump
13-04-2017, 09:28
A lot of lovely people have left this forum in one way or another , is it too late to get some of them back ?

At this very moment, I don't think it is to late to bring some life and old members back to this forum. My opinion is that it desperately needs a new owner(s) and a small team to manage it and then it would be up to the members to resume posting. We have all read that the forum under its present owner has been superseded or bettered by Facebook, but if this can't be the sole reason for it's demise, as there are other forums that relate to Tenerife that are succeeding and growing, both owned by old Tenerife Forum members, a prime example of this is the one owned by J a n e t A n s c o m b e, also the one run by one of our active members husband Tizzy Wizzy.
Let's just hope that KJ gives Jim a asking figure for this Forum, but it must be a figure that has some relation to the state of this ailing Forum and soon, as Jim has put a closing date for her to respond to.

Peanuts
13-04-2017, 11:31
You have to ask yourselves why the Tenerife forum ended up in this situation in the first place.

Maybe just maybe it might have something to do with you, yes you and you and your behaviour towards other members on this forum.

Banter is one thing but to gang up on people! Playing games and clogging up the latest posts page every day! Could this be some of the reasons why many people left.

It is a clear sign, when members from Tenerife stopped posting or started more successful forums and pages.

It is a bit like Brexit, the grass is not greener on the other side...

Hope you are successful buying this forum and all the best when reality hits..it might be you...:goodluck:

Lol... and good bye.

Angusjim
13-04-2017, 11:38
You have to ask yourselves why the Tenerife forum ended up in this situation in the first place.

Maybe just maybe it might have something to do with you, yes you and you and your behaviour towards other members on this forum.

Banter is one thing but to gang up on people! Playing games and clogging up the latest posts page every day! Could this be some of the reasons why many people left.

It is a clear sign, when members from Tenerife stopped posting or started more successful forums and pages.

It is a bit like Brexit, the grass is not greener on the other side...

Hope you are successful buying this forum and all the best when reality hits..it might be you...:goodluck:

Lol... and good bye.

Thanks for your post it is most helpful and I have noted your comments / points and will take the appropriate action regarding this if we are successful :)

KirstyJay
13-04-2017, 13:56
Good afternoon folks. I apologise for not replying sooner, but I've been having the same problems as some of you regarding a facebook oauth redirect and I've not been able to even access pages on the forum. I have no idea why it's been working for some accounts and not others, but it may have something to do with whoever had their account connected to FB and who didn't. Anyway. I've got a few things to say and I'm only going to post once because I'm not interested in an online discussion about the forum. Angus Jim has had an email from me now, and I am open to talking to anyone who wants a chat... he has my direct mobile number and my email address and has permission to pass it on to anyone should they want to talk directly to me, as I would much prefer to speak on the phone rather than on here.

Firstly, my condolences to CanaryBird and her family. I'm really upset to hear that she's passed away. She was one of the good ones on here and she will be sadly missed.

Next... It's nice to see that so many of you are still bothered in keeping the forum alive. I was too, but you really have to understand that it's impossible to do as a one-man or woman show and I did not have any support offered to me when I asked for it.... all of us have private family issues that prevent us from 'living' the forum 100% of our time, but others had the choice of walking away when their health/family/business needed more attention, I did not. The only way I could devote time to my needs, i.e. my family and my business was to basically realise that I am not superwoman and I can't do everything on the forum AND live my life, so I had to choose one or the other. I would have been extremely grateful if any of you would have offered your services to help the forum sooner and would have jumped at the chance.

I have explained my investment in the forum to Jim and sent him current earning records so he can see the value of it. There is nothing I would like better than to come to some sort of agreement so that this forum has a chance to live again because I helped build it originally from nothing and it has always been important to me, however sometimes you really have to understand when something becomes too much and takes over your life and you have to prioritise what's important.

Good day to all of you and if you're in Tenerife, go out and enjoy the sunshine :)

Angusjim
14-04-2017, 07:01
Good afternoon folks. I apologise for not replying sooner, but I've been having the same problems as some of you regarding a facebook oauth redirect and I've not been able to even access pages on the forum. I have no idea why it's been working for some accounts and not others, but it may have something to do with whoever had their account connected to FB and who didn't. Anyway. I've got a few things to say and I'm only going to post once because I'm not interested in an online discussion about the forum. Angus Jim has had an email from me now, and I am open to talking to anyone who wants a chat... he has my direct mobile number and my email address and has permission to pass it on to anyone should they want to talk directly to me, as I would much prefer to speak on the phone rather than on here.

Firstly, my condolences to CanaryBird and her family. I'm really upset to hear that she's passed away. She was one of the good ones on here and she will be sadly missed.

Next... It's nice to see that so many of you are still bothered in keeping the forum alive. I was too, but you really have to understand that it's impossible to do as a one-man or woman show and I did not have any support offered to me when I asked for it.... all of us have private family issues that prevent us from 'living' the forum 100% of our time, but others had the choice of walking away when their health/family/business needed more attention, I did not. The only way I could devote time to my needs, i.e. my family and my business was to basically realise that I am not superwoman and I can't do everything on the forum AND live my life, so I had to choose one or the other. I would have been extremely grateful if any of you would have offered your services to help the forum sooner and would have jumped at the chance.

I have explained my investment in the forum to Jim and sent him current earning records so he can see the value of it. There is nothing I would like better than to come to some sort of agreement so that this forum has a chance to live again because I helped build it originally from nothing and it has always been important to me, however sometimes you really have to understand when something becomes too much and takes over your life and you have to prioritise what's important.

Good day to all of you and if you're in Tenerife, go out and enjoy the sunshine :)

Received info yesterday as Kirsty has stated but no indication of a figure she is looking for so we have a decision to make and once I have talked thru with my IT guy hopefully today we will make our best one & only offer, not the way I would have preferred but that is the way Kirsty wants it to be.
I see as if by magic the thankyou facility has started working again:wink2:

Red Devil
14-04-2017, 08:11
Hope all goes well and you are successful in your bid to buy the forum AJ. It would surely become strong again with new blood and a load of enthusiasm from everyone.
I would definitely keep posting, in the past few months since Brexit we had too many trolls spoiling the forum so I gave up! Hopefully we could all start again now.
I do believe there will always be a need for a forum regardless of facebook etc - its a different medium, with facebook once you've scrolled through a conversation etc its gone, lost in the masses of words, whereas on a forum it is so easy to look back for info, with everything in different categories.
I would always check into the forum on a daily basis to see whats new and to offer any help/advice to any fellow member whenever I could.
We all have our love of Tenerife in common whatever our differences, political or otherwise and it has been such a shame in the past that those differences monopolised the forum, much to its detriment.

KirstyJay
14-04-2017, 12:25
I see as if by magic the thankyou facility has started working again:wink2:The Thanks facility was disabled a while back because I tried to disable all addons in order to try an login. You can do this manually by editing certain files and it was an attempt by me to gain access, but it didn't work. You may have only noticed the thanks button, however all the addons, arcade, etc etc of which there are probably about 40, were not working. Yesterday I managed to find a way to disable the facebook connect feature, which apparently has caused problems on many forums and is now depreciated by vBulletin which is why I couldn't login, which I had to do so by editing the actual tables in PHPMyAdmin manually. This meant I could reenable all the addons, which includes the thanks button.

You need a tech guy to do this stuff. I have the ability and technical knowledge to do it myself. Hence why this forum is actually still working regardless of the state. It's always worked... not perfectly, I admit... because it's impossible to be both moderator, admin and tech person at the same time. It's just too many hours work. Just trying to login yesterday took me over 4 hours of my morning in order to speak to the server, the vb people, wait for replies etc and then do the work, but this is something you don't see or realise as a member... the time it takes to do all the maintenance. That is why I couldn't keep it up alone.

I hope that helps you understand a little more. ;)

EDIT : It's also taken most of today to install an update to the forum software which will hopefully fix the facebook issue. I started at about midday and have just finished at 23:41. Just so you have an idea of the hours needed just to maintain the technical side. This is the stuff that you, as members, do not see or take into account. When something is reported broken often it can be related to another issue and take a long time to discover the problem and fix it. :)

Peanuts
15-04-2017, 10:39
Received info yesterday as Kirsty has stated but no indication of a figure she is looking for so we have a decision to make and once I have talked thru with my IT guy hopefully today we will make our best one & only offer, not the way I would have preferred but that is the way Kirsty wants it to be.
I see as if by magic the thankyou facility has started working again:wink2:

If you want to save the forum you will have to work together with Kirsty instead of playing the hard business man.

You will need her continuous support for a long time, if you want this forum to survive without her.

With 20 years of experience in this field I know she is fighting many battles at the same time.

1. Technical issues and maintenance of the forum itself. Most of the code and the database have not been designed for use and functionality of today.

2. Front end issues with third parties, browsers, Facebook, file formats for uploads etc will get worse.

3. You need the forum to be profitable to pay the support, updates etc required. Therefore "local" advertising, promotions etc are a must.

From my experience it would be better to start with a new up to date forum, but then you still have to get "users" and hits. A business plan to cover the running costs.

Kirsty did not get paid much and spend her own time, you will need external expensive support.

Or I got you wrong and you have deep pockets and a lot of time, then go for it.:goodluck:

Moderator_
15-04-2017, 10:51
If you want to save the forum you will have to work together with Kirsty instead of playing the hard business man.

You will need her continuous support for a long time, if you want this forum to survive without her.

With 20 years of experience in this field I know she is fighting many battles at the same time.

1. Technical issues and maintenance of the forum itself. Most of the code and the database have not been designed for use and functionality of today.

2. Front end issues with third parties, browsers, Facebook, file formats for uploads etc will get worse.

3. You need the forum to be profitable to pay the support, updates etc required. Therefore "local" advertising, promotions etc are a must.

From my experience it would be better to start with a new up to date forum, but then you still have to get "users" and hits. A business plan to cover the running costs.

Kirsty did not get paid much and spend her own time, you will need external expensive support.

Or I got you wrong and you have deep pockets and a lot of time, then go for it.:goodluck:

Couldn't agree more Peanuts this Forum would never have survived without KirstyJay and, knowing her as I do, she now has far more important things to do with her time.

I myself , doing simple moderation tasks, spend an hour a day on here. I have the time but, spending it moderating posts from a hard core of members just playing games or chatting to each other, is not what I joined the Forum team for some 15 years ago.

As you rightly say if Angusjim can put together a team with enthusiasm and knowledge, to say nothing of money, then it can resurrect itself again. But .............

Carol55
15-04-2017, 11:09
As you rightly say if Angusjim can put together a team with enthusiasm and knowledge, to say nothing of money, then it can resurrect itself again. But .............

There lays the problem find and making a team with both enthusiasm and good computer skills combined with the knowledge required to run a forum, money isn't the main issue, as hopefully Jim and Eric have that side covered, it's now finding people like yourself and others who are interested in this venture, Jim himself is away on business this weekend, but is planning to meet up with the person/company who handles his business I.T.

Peanuts
15-04-2017, 11:25
Couldn't agree more Peanuts this Forum would never have survived without KirstyJay and, knowing her as I do, she now has far more important things to do with her time.

I myself , doing simple moderation tasks, spend an hour a day on here. I have the time but, spending it moderating posts from a hard core of members just playing games or chatting to each other, is not what I joined the Forum team for some 15 years ago.

Thank you Moderator I can not agree more.:c2:

Carol55 please ask yourself why the forum is in its current state and why Moderator hit the nail on the head. People come to this forum for information and not to see the same old game threads. Does it not tell you something that nobody living on Tenerife is left. All of us have been attacked or ridiculed by the forum members who now and only now come out to "rescue" the forum.

Maybe all of you should just keep your input to some simple advise and only when you have something helpful to say. Would help Moderator in his job and might just get the people back who made this forum what it once was.

Factual advise for people who are interested in Tenerife.

Carol55
15-04-2017, 11:37
Thank you Moderator I can not agree more.:c2:

Carol55 please ask yourself why the forum is in its current state and why Moderator hit the nail on the head. People come to this forum for information and not to see the same old game threads. Does it not tell you something that nobody living on Tenerife is left. All of us have been attacked or ridiculed by the forum members who now and only now come out to "rescue" the forum.

Maybe all of you should just keep your input to some simple advise and only when you have something helpful to say. Would help Moderator in his job and might just get the people back who made this forum what it once was.

Factual advise for people who are interested in Tenerife.

The games are only a very small part of this Forum, although at one point there were far to many of them being played and it became hard to see the valuable input made by members, but posts of your calibre where you constantly try to make personal Jibes on the very people who are trying to build a team certainly doesn't help the survival of this forum.:tiphat:

Now I'm out of this thread, before it turns ugly with personal attacks!

Peanuts
15-04-2017, 12:18
The games are only a very small part of this Forum, although at one point there were far to many of them being played and it became hard to see the valuable input made by members, but posts of your calibre where you constantly try to make personal Jibes on the very people who are trying to build a team certainly doesn't help the survival of this forum.:tiphat:

Please let us try to get to the bottom of this, in your opinions, why is this forum failing?

1 Too many games.

2. ....

delderek
15-04-2017, 13:40
Please let us try to get to the bottom of this, in your opinions, why is this forum failing?

1 Too many games.

2. ....

2.....people like you.

Liftman
15-04-2017, 14:15
2.....people like you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ecky Thump
15-04-2017, 16:14
In the event that anyone does get back and we could do a deal to take over the Forum help would be needed at various levels and it would be useful if people could contact either Ecky or myself by posting here or if you prefer by PM to let us know if you can help or suggest people who may help. Maybe you just want to voice your support as we try to secure ownership that is equally fine and important that we know there is plenty support from members for the Forum to continue and in fact get stronger. I make it clear from the start I am an IT Luddite but I am in talks with my IT company who look after our systems to get pointers / advice from them and their MD has offered his advice FOC to me. We would need the expertise in place to run the Forum if we are successful in our quest and having the knowledge we have the right people and the members backing would help in making any decisions required.
YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU !!!

Maybe all of you should just keep your input to some simple advise and only when you have something helpful to say.

B]

Can we please get this thread back on track, it's not to see what's wrong or right about what should be posted on this established forum, bringing up old stale grievances, criticisms, or personal attacks on members...... it's about who can offer positive help and advice for its continuance into the future years.:)

Lets ALL look at a Half Full glass and not a Half empty one!

Peanuts
15-04-2017, 16:53
Bullying includes actions such as making threats, spreading rumors, attacking someone physically or verbally, and excluding someone from a group on purpose.

Repetition: Bullying behaviors happen more than once or have the potential to happen more than once.

1 Too many games.

2. No bullying behaviour, stop bullies like delderek and Liftman

3. ...

For me the way delderek, Liftman and their mates treat other forum remembers is the main reason why most attributing members have left. One of the reasons I left in the first place. Fix these issues and the forum has a chance. Continue and even a half full glass will be empty in the end.

The ship will still sink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwslRDTyzU

Liftman
15-04-2017, 17:37
I think that when and if this forum gets revamped, the new management team will make their own decisions of the behaviour of any individual that posts on the various threads.
New moderators will need to be given incisive instructions on what is acceptable to the management in terms of name calling, pestering or even stalking.
Those that don't want to follow new or updated rules will obviously be excluded from the community.
I don't think ( and this is a personal comment of course) that just having a lot of posts to your name is any indication of quality. Let's please also have a button that is the opposite of thanks ( Boo perhaps?) that can let us show displeasure at a comment rather than just an agreement.
This might allow someone to show that they disagree with a comment without the need for accusations and foot stomping and toys being thrown out of prams.

Another option may be to give a percentage score to each member. Number of posts against number of thanks. That would give current scores as follows, for example:

Angusjim; 69.87%
delderek: 20.77%
marbro8: 265.18%
Ecky Thump: 192.98%
Peanuts: 15.33%
Liftman: 38.27%

Addick
15-04-2017, 19:04
The Thanks facility was disabled a while back because I tried to disable all addons in order to try an login. You can do this manually by editing certain files and it was an attempt by me to gain access, but it didn't work. You may have only noticed the thanks button, however all the addons, arcade, etc etc of which there are probably about 40, were not working. Yesterday I managed to find a way to disable the facebook connect feature, which apparently has caused problems on many forums and is now depreciated by vBulletin which is why I couldn't login, which I had to do so by editing the actual tables in PHPMyAdmin manually. This meant I could reenable all the addons, which includes the thanks button.

You need a tech guy to do this stuff. I have the ability and technical knowledge to do it myself. Hence why this forum is actually still working regardless of the state. It's always worked... not perfectly, I admit... because it's impossible to be both moderator, admin and tech person at the same time. It's just too many hours work. Just trying to login yesterday took me over 4 hours of my morning in order to speak to the server, the vb people, wait for replies etc and then do the work, but this is something you don't see or realise as a member... the time it takes to do all the maintenance. That is why I couldn't keep it up alone.

I hope that helps you understand a little more. ;)

EDIT : It's also taken most of today to install an update to the forum software which will hopefully fix the facebook issue. I started at about midday and have just finished at 23:41. Just so you have an idea of the hours needed just to maintain the technical side. This is the stuff that you, as members, do not see or take into account. When something is reported broken often it can be related to another issue and take a long time to discover the problem and fix it. :)

I can fully appreciate from past experience the time that can be invested (wasted) in running a website such as this. Even the seemingly simplest of tasks can take hours (days) to sort, especially for the new & inexperienced.

FWIW whichever buttons you pressed recently that got the 'Today's Posts', 'Thanks' etc buttons working, also let me into the site for the first time in many months without having to go through a stealthy 'private window' so thanks for that, too! :)

Peanuts
15-04-2017, 20:37
I think that when and if this forum gets revamped, the new management team will make their own decisions of the behaviour of any individual that posts on the various threads.
New moderators will need to be given incisive instructions on what is acceptable to the management in terms of name calling, pestering or even stalking.
Those that don't want to follow new or updated rules will obviously be excluded from the community.
I don't think ( and this is a personal comment of course) that just having a lot of posts to your name is any indication of quality. Let's please also have a button that is the opposite of thanks ( Boo perhaps?) that can let us show displeasure at a comment rather than just an agreement.
This might allow someone to show that they disagree with a comment without the need for accusations and foot stomping and toys being thrown out of prams.

Another option may be to give a percentage score to each member. Number of posts against number of thanks. That would give current scores as follows, for example:

Angusjim; 69.87%

Do you think your behaviour was acceptable! Give us a brake, gather a couple of bully friends and you think you own the place. :crazy:
That said, nobody likes you and Delderek looking at your percentage. Sadly my friends left years ago after you moved in.

warbey
15-04-2017, 20:42
I remember Slodgedad referring to the number of Spammers trying to gain access in one Day Kirsty.

I suddenly realised my estimate of Moderation and all the Tech stuff was probably about half of the actual.

i also realised the mental strain that could be caused by unruly Members on the Forum itself.

Thanks for your efforts, I do hope We can arrive at a good conclusion in time.

Angusjim
15-04-2017, 21:06
:cheers:Sitting in a hotel room just having had a few beers so will not answer any of the posts some laughable some interesting some sad . Have lovely night all

Liftman
15-04-2017, 22:28
I remember Slodgedad referring to the number of Spammers trying to gain access in one Day Kirsty.

I suddenly realised my estimate of Moderation and all the Tech stuff was probably about half of the actual.

i also realised the mental strain that could be caused by unruly Members on the Forum itself.

Thanks for your efforts, I do hope We can arrive at a good conclusion in time.

I think the "in time" part may be critical.

Angusjim
16-04-2017, 11:46

Angusjim; 69.87%

That Marbro is far too popular he would be first to be banned:laugh:

Ecky Thump
16-04-2017, 12:04
That Marbro is far too popular he would be first to be banned:laugh:

Or become a Moderator. :D

It's like having a popular 'Shop Steward', the first thing management do is to promote them to being a Forman!:cheeky:

Liftman
16-04-2017, 15:37
It's like having a popular 'Shop Steward', the first thing management do is to promote them to being a Forman!:cheeky:

Thank you Leading Hand Ecky

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 22:00
Stop picking on Carol yea wee gob****e you are the biggest bully on here

I think we will have a problem with the big who I am Angusjim wanting to take over the forum...

Does not own the place but ****

:cheers:Sitting in a hotel room just having had a few beers so will not answer any of the posts some laughable some interesting some sad . Have lovely night all

The usual again tonight.

Carol55
16-04-2017, 22:07
I think we will have a problem with the big who I am Angusjim wanting to take over the forum...

Does not own the place But****

But,, he dislikes people like you who are nothing but BULLIES!

Liftman
16-04-2017, 22:08
Guessing that isn't an actual quote from the forum within the past week?

Definitely not from this thread

Angusjim
16-04-2017, 22:11

Does not own the place but ****

The usual again tonight.

:c2::c2::c2::c2:

Carol55
16-04-2017, 22:12
Any thread that Peanuts takes a dislike to, he does his best to disrupt its flow, very childlike behaviour. Then when he meets any criticism he shouts "BULLY"

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 22:15
:c2::c2::c2::c2:

Lost for words, big business man. I thought you declared no deal by Saturday and you are gone. We have Sunday now.

Man of his word. :scared:

Liftman
16-04-2017, 22:29
Any thread that Peanuts takes a dislike to, he does his best to disrupt its flow, very childlike behaviour. Then when he meets any criticism he shouts "BULLY"

Trolling
The art of deliberately, and secretly p*ssing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue. Trolling does not mean just making rude remarks:

The most essential part of trolling is convincing your victim that either a) truly believe in what you are saying, no matter how outrageous, or b) give your victim malicious instructions, under the guise of help.
Trolling requires decieving; any trolling that doesn't involve decieving someone isn't trolling at all; it's just stupid. As such, your victim must not know that you are trolling; if he does, you are an unsuccesful troll.

Signs that your trolling is unsuccesful:
*Your victim identifying you as a troll.
*Identifying yourself as a troll.
*Your efforts being ignored.

Let's all ignore him and he may go away.

Willy went (eventually) after nearly destroying the forum.

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 22:34
And I thought you wanted to rescue the forum. must be in the wrong place.

Liftman
16-04-2017, 22:39
And I thought you wanted to rescue the forum. must be in the wrong place.

Oh yes. You are REALLY in the wrong place.:bricks:

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 22:56
Good, then make a success of it. Good bye.

You just have yourselves to blame as it does not work out ... and the last regular forum member living on Tenerife has left the forum.

Be proud and let the games continue... :thanx:

You still do not see that you lot are the reason this forum is failing. Support Kirsty and help her to make this place better!!!!

No wonder nobody from Tenerife wants to know.

Carol55
16-04-2017, 23:08

You just have yourselves to blame as it does not work out ... and the last regular forum member living on Tenerife has left the forum.

You still do not see that you lot are the reason this forum is failing. Support Kirsty and help her to make this place better!!!!

Your continual repetitive & disruptive posts are infantile and are certainly not helping anyone and certainly not Kirsty or the remaining moderator!

LindaD
17-04-2017, 00:00
Have been away all week and just read through this thread. Angusjim and Ecky Thump you wholeheartedly have my support for trying to keep this forum alive. I can see that Kirsty has had a hard time trying to keep,things running and it can't be easy so at least thank you for trying. People like Peanuts always seems to be trying to put a spoke in the works and basically never seems to have anything useful to say.
I have been a member of this forum since before 2011 and I can always remember a mixture of useful information for people holidaying in Tenerife, games, light hearted banter and sometimes some serious debates which did get a bit heated at times - but very much enjoyable. I know lots of you as friends whether "virtual" or having met some of you personally through this forum.
Things have definitely moved on with the likes of Facebook and other social media, which is probably got a lot to do with the demise of the forum as it was years ago.
I hope that things can get back to how it was and thanks to those who are trying.
So sorry to hear of Canary Birds passing, my condolences to her family.

Angusjim
17-04-2017, 06:05
Lost for words, big business man. I thought you declared no deal by Saturday and you are gone. We have Sunday now.

Man of his word. :scared:

You need to read what I said not what you think I said

See ya ..........

Ecky Thump
17-04-2017, 10:28
Your continual repetitive & disruptive posts are infantile and are certainly not helping anyone and certainly not Kirsty or the remaining moderator!

Peanuts tactics of a supposed support for both Kirsty and Moderator are so very transparent and hopefully this is not fooling anyone, his whole posting tactics on all threads are those of a typical troll with only one intention and that is to cause as much disruption and upset to all forum members.

AndyG
17-04-2017, 11:20
Hopefully there will be a positive outcome for this forum as I have received useful replies and posted some suggestions for others in the 18 months since I moved here permanently.

Good luck to those members who are trying to have a positive impact

Peanuts
17-04-2017, 11:25
Peanuts tactics of a supposed support for both Kirsty and Moderator are so very transparent and hopefully this is not fooling anyone, his whole posting tactics on all threads are those of a typical troll with only one intention and that is to cause as much disruption and upset to all forum members.

Eric, your post just shows your ignorance to the people who made and make this forum possible. You read how difficult Kirsty finds it to keep the forum going and how much time it takes to maintain it. Moderator informed you how much time he spends to keep things going and how badly the games impact. Both of them are in it for altruistic reasons as none of them get paid much or nothing. Now they are surplus to requirement, as you and your mate know better how to run shop.

Basically they spent their time so you and your wife can play games, ridicule and insult others and even tell other members to commit suicide.

Have you not noticed that there are no core users from Tenerife left. You and your “friends” have over time destroyed this forum and managed to alienate all of us who are able to give factual help and advice from the island.

You and the big business man live in your own little fantasy world and time will tell that your attitude towards other users will not make the forum a success, especially after you bought it.

I fear, yes I know that you and the same old people will continue with their antics and the forum will never again be the success it once was.

Again, stop insulting the people who made it possible, giving you years of fun at no cost and time. Show your support and ask them how to improve the forum. Instead of making ridiculing remarks and threats.

Be grateful for once in your life and show them the respect they deserve. But then that is not you.

For me it is good bye, another achievement to support the forum well done Eric, as I am gone too.

Angusjim
17-04-2017, 12:39
So things have moved a bit in our discussions with Kirsty in a positive way I would add, and it would be a great to help in our discussions if we could have names of members who would be willing to become mods the more the merrier to spread the work load. Maybe best if you could PM me rather than post here, all replies are completely without obligation and will be treated in the strictest confidence maybe you could also confirm if you have had experience, this however is not required as full training would be given :tiphat: I know a couple above have expressed an interest already can I ask that you also PM me
Cheers
jim

Peanuts
17-04-2017, 12:51
As I will be the first one to be thrown out be the new regime for having an opinion.

Kirsty, and all the other little helpers, thank you for all the work you have done over the years. Keeping the Tenerife forum going, even in difficult times. Enjoyed it and very often it was a great help.

All the best and we will raise a glass on sunny Tenerife.

Cheers... :respect: :thanx::thanx::thanx::wave::wave::wave::goodluck:

blondie
17-04-2017, 15:20
Eric, your post just shows your ignorance to the people who made and make this forum possible. You read how difficult Kirsty finds it to keep the forum going and how much time it takes to maintain it. Moderator informed you how much time he spends to keep things going and how badly the games impact. Both of them are in it for altruistic reasons as none of them get paid much or nothing. Now they are surplus to requirement, as you and your mate know better how to run shop.

Basically they spent their time so you and your wife can play games, ridicule and insult others and even tell other members to commit suicide.

Have you not noticed that there are no core users from Tenerife left. You and your “friends” have over time destroyed this forum and managed to alienate all of us who are able to give factual help and advice from the island.

You and the big business man live in your own little fantasy world and time will tell that your attitude towards other users will not make the forum a success, especially after you bought it.

I fear, yes I know that you and the same old people will continue with their antics and the forum will never again be the success it once was.

Again, stop insulting the people who made it possible, giving you years of fun at no cost and time. Show your support and ask them how to improve the forum. Instead of making ridiculing remarks and threats.

Be grateful for once in your life and show them the respect they deserve. But then that is not you.

For me it is good bye, another achievement to support the forum well done Eric, as I am gone too.
Is that a promise !!!

Ecky Thump
17-04-2017, 17:08
Hopefully Folks things will become clearer over the outcome of our discussions with Kirsty, all I can say at the moment is that Kirsty has come up with positives and good suggestions.
As Jim has stated if we are to get more involved with the administration of the forum a team of moderators will be needed, the numbers needed are not yet clear and we will take guidance from Kirsty and her present team.
Please feel free to contact either Jim or myself through the PM system with your suggestions and offers of help, it will certainly be appreciated and with a joint effort with you all, the Tenerife Forum will grow while retaining its name as a useful information guide for both Tenerife residents and holiday visitors and of course regain its legend as a 'Friendly Forum'.
Thank you.

warbey
17-04-2017, 19:27
Scanning this Thread, I would be binning quite a lot of Posts as being off topic.

Would that qualify Me?

delderek
17-04-2017, 19:51
I have always thought that to kill a flowing thread even if it strays, is not the best move.

Ecky Thump
17-04-2017, 20:21
I have always thought that to kill a flowing thread even if it strays, is not the best move.

As you say Del, it's not always the best move, in the past it has been more or less upto the posters to bring a thread back on topic, I personally see the time to move is when a person is becoming deliberately obstructive to the flow is the time to intervene and suggest to a person that if they feel that they want to talk in depth about a certain subject that they open another thread and then it gives them a platform for discussion that they want. The more open threads that there are with the right title, then more forum interest will be generated.

Scanning this Thread, I would be binning quite a lot of Posts as being off topic.

Definitely when the aim is to spoil or obstruct a thread to the dentriment of other members.

Liftman
17-04-2017, 20:47

Would that qualify Me?

Perhaps some judicious editing rather than the wholesale removal of posts may be an option?

warbey
18-04-2017, 20:02
Perhaps some judicious editing rather than the wholesale removal of posts may be an option?

Agreed if it's not a Troll. Editing takes time and that's something that can be in short supply.

Best place for rubbish is in the bin.

Liftman
18-04-2017, 20:37
Agreed if it's not a Troll. Editing takes time and that's something that can be in short supply.

Best place for rubbish is in the bin.

Not my place to say that posts should be deleted.:nono: That would be for the moderating team and management to decide.

But I would have banned two particular trolls quite a while ago. :laugh:

AndyG
18-04-2017, 20:54
A forum like this needs genuine members who have experiences and advice to pass on when it is needed by another member. I hope it gets back to the forum I looked forward to checking into each day. Good luck to those members who are proactively taking steps for the benefit of all forum members.

Liftman
18-04-2017, 20:56
A forum like this needs genuine members who have experiences and advice to pass on when it is needed by another member. I hope it gets back to the forum I looked forward to checking into each day. Good luck to those members who are proactively taking steps for the benefit of all forum members.

Possibly the best post on the subject that I have read. And I couldn't agree more.

AndyG
18-04-2017, 21:07
Looks like your move is imminent? Hope it all goes well for you both. We have been here for nearly 18 months now and have loved every single day. If you need any advice at any time, feel free to drop me a line and if I can pass on my experience, I will.

Liftman
18-04-2017, 21:11
Looks like your move is imminent? Hope it all goes well for you both. We have been here for nearly 18 months now and have loved every single day. If you need any advice at any time, feel free to drop me a line and if I can pass on my experience, I will.

Not quite imminent, but not too long.

Ecky Thump
18-04-2017, 21:58

:agree: :agree:

Possibly the best post on the subject that I have read. And I couldn't agree more.

:agree:

Liftman
18-04-2017, 22:20

welcome back, Tenerife forum.

Angusjim
19-04-2017, 07:00
Sorry I am not around much at the moment I have a couple of issues with work at the moment that require my full time personal attention I will return soon

lsmt971
19-04-2017, 08:59

welcome back, Tenerife forum.

Nice to see. Hopefully these will keep increasing.

Angusjim
21-04-2017, 06:34
After giving much thought to the counter offer that Kirsty has made regarding the Forum I have decided that due to various reasons I will not pursue my interest any further. I think and hope that Eric along with a few others will continue with this as I would really like to see things get back on track. I will continue to post and try and help by starting threads & posting on a regular basis. Thanks to all that did PM me with offers of help and hopefully you will offer your assistance to Kirsty & Eric if anyone wants me to pass on their offers of help to Kirsty please let me know and I will do that.

Ecky Thump
21-04-2017, 18:23

I've had a email today from KirstyJay and we are planning to have a meeting in Tenerife in a couple of weeks time to see what envolvement I am to have on the Forum, fingers crossed for a positive result.:)

AndyG
21-04-2017, 18:39
Good luck and thanks for what you are doing for everyone!

Ecky Thump
21-04-2017, 18:52

Let's just hope that it's all turns out beneficial to all the Forum members. :pray:

LindaD
21-04-2017, 22:33

:agree:.......................

lsmt971
22-04-2017, 09:04
Yes, good luck fingers crossed.

LUCKY
22-04-2017, 09:40

I've had a email today from KirstyJay and we are planning to have a meeting in Tenerife in a couple of weeks time to see what envolvement I am to have on the Forum, fingers crossed for a positive result.:)

No NO No thrice No ..... Not the Chairman of the Board.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

Ecky Thump
22-04-2017, 09:44
No NO No thrice No ..... Not the Chairman of the Board.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

Your Fired........Oooops BANNED!:crylaughing:

LUCKY
22-04-2017, 09:48
Your Fired........Oooops BANNED!:crylaughing:

And the BANNED played on.:flatcap:

Angusjim
22-04-2017, 09:49
And the BANNED played on.:flatcap:

You are a complete trumpet:duh:

LUCKY
22-04-2017, 10:35
You are a complete trumpet:duh:

Thats the first time i gotta 100% :flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

Angusjim
03-05-2017, 06:32
I had a PM from a member who previously had mentioned they were keen to help out with being a mod as they have done this on another Forum. I have passed their details to Kirsty so hopefully another mod will be added very shortly to assist the current lone mod. Small steps and hopefully we will get there:tiphat:

Ecky Thump
03-05-2017, 10:17
Over the next week or so I am hopefully meeting up with KirstyJay in Tenerife to discus what my input on the Forum will entail and will give you feedback later. In the meantime if anyone wants to offer the Forum some help, then please send me a PM with your email address and what envolvment you envisage and I will pass this directly on to Kirsty when we have our meeting.

9PLUS
03-05-2017, 21:47
How much does Kirsty want for it ?

Angusjim
04-05-2017, 06:00

Too much.....

9PLUS
04-05-2017, 23:03
I'll give her €200 for it, as it's been ran into the ground over the last 5 years. It'll need a lot of time and effort to get this ship floating again. I do think it could be done but it really would be a massive gamble.

Angusjim
05-05-2017, 06:30
I'll give her €200 for it, as it's been ran into the ground over the last 5 years. It'll need a lot of time and effort to get this ship floating again. I do think it could be done but it really would be a massive gamble.

Cannot disagree with anything you have said

junglejim
05-05-2017, 08:05
As you used to say - PFFFT!

Ecky Thump
05-05-2017, 16:56

I don't think that a input of money will save the Tenerife Forum, in my opinion that it needs a input of willing helpers in both administration and mods, at the moment it appears that the Forum is self funding, maybe if more existing members started new threads, brought forward older ones (illegal lettings:D ) and replied to any where they think they might be able to help, or even a simple thanks after reading posts of interest to them, with the thanks button not being used, it would appear that no one is reading them.
As Angusjim has pointed out even the 'The Banter' livens up the Forum! :-)

Addick
06-05-2017, 15:23
I don't think that a input of money will save the Tenerife Forum, in my opinion that it needs a input of willing helpers in both administration and mods, at the moment it appears that the Forum is self funding, maybe if more existing members started new threads, brought forward older ones (illegal lettings:D ) and replied to any where they think they might be able to help, or even a simple thanks after reading posts of interest to them, with the thanks button not being used, it would appear that no one is reading them.
As Angusjim has pointed out even the 'The Banter' livens up the Forum! :-)

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::stupid::agree: :agree::agree::agree::agree:

fixer (Yesterday), Leam_Lin (Yesterday), Liftman (Today), LUCKY (Yesterday), lynno52 (Yesterday), primrose (Yesterday), tub (Yesterday) :nono: :redcard: to you all for not posting your 'thanks' to Ecky!:p

Thanks Ecky!:bowdown:

9PLUS
06-05-2017, 18:26
Yeah the banner........................great sense of humour

Xx

Liftman
06-05-2017, 18:50

fixer (Yesterday), Leam_Lin (Yesterday), Liftman (Today), LUCKY (Yesterday), lynno52 (Yesterday), primrose (Yesterday), tub (Yesterday) :nono: :redcard: to you all for not posting your 'thanks' to Ecky!:p

Don't really understand this post....

Angusjim
07-05-2017, 06:59

Crawler.........................

Angusjim
21-05-2017, 20:52
Well there has been lots of well meaning members saying they want the Forum to thrive but the bottom line is levels of posting is not improving some days I log on and there maybe 10 members logged on but not one post anything how can it get better if no one posts or starts threads. I will continue to post occasionally but I am off to give I love Tenerife a try, i have been speaking to Andy Ward about his forum and he says it's booming may not be for me but I will give it a whirl.

Ecky Thump
21-05-2017, 21:18
Over the last couple of weeks there have been a few old and new faces appearing, it will only succeed if more folk start new threads with questions and discussions,,,,I find Facebook good for straight forward questions and answers, but certainly very little of 'The Banter'' so for me personally it's this forum.

Angusjim
22-05-2017, 06:33
Over the last couple of weeks there have been a few old and new faces appearing, it will only succeed if more folk start new threads with questions and discussions,,,,I find Facebook good for straight forward questions and answers, but certainly very little of 'The Banter'' so for me personally it's this forum.

Agree about Facebook I think !! and I too like the banter but not much of it around on here just now, not enough members are doing their bit with posting / starting threads that is why it will just die a death its action that is required not well meaning words

Leam_Lin
22-05-2017, 08:22
I am very busy with other more important things at he moment, but do pop in, to view posts & to relax in the arcade.

I am a member on facebook on ' I Love Tenerife' it also gets the odd nobhead, but is tightly run by the admins.

Ecky Thump
22-05-2017, 08:46
"I love Tenerife" on Facebook - Lots of nice pictures and adverts.
Reports of a van that mounted a pavement and about 30 names pointing people to look at the picture...Fantastic!! :D

Nope still this Forum for me.:hello:

primrose
22-05-2017, 09:49
v

ck.

After months of not being able to get on to the forum I posted a thanks to Ecky, and I really don't understand this post when somebody gives you a red card for it , not much of a welcome back.

Ecky Thump
22-05-2017, 09:54
After months of not being able to get on to the forum I posted a thanks to Ecky, and I really don't understand this post when somebody gives you a red card for it , not much of a welcome back.

Well Primrose, I for one will welcome you back, it's good that your able to post again.:hello:

Addick 's post was a fun one, not a serious 'red card'.

Angusjim
22-05-2017, 10:12
"I love Tenerife" on Facebook - Lots of nice pictures and adverts.
Reports of a van that mounted a pavement and about 30 names pointing people to look at the picture...Fantastic!! :D

Nope still this Forum for me.:hello:

Yea I too love it on here but one way banter is not much fun:doh: the lack on interest from members is not good plenty spammers posting crap but at least it keeps up posting numbers for Kirsty and helps her revenue

Welcome back Primrose:hello: good to hear from you again just ignore Addick think that was last post:whistle: sort of sums things up

I am very busy with other more important things at he moment, but do pop in, to view posts & to relax in the arcade.

I am a member on facebook on ' I Love Tenerife' it also gets the odd nobhead, but is tightly run by the admins.

Thats OK then will let you aff :lol:

Ecky Thump
22-05-2017, 10:34

Maybe I'm sticking my head in the sand, but this is my philosophy about this forum and however many negative remarks are made about it, then I shall stick with it. :tiphat:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-q9xeOgG4

Angusjim
22-05-2017, 10:44

Maybe I'm sticking my head in the sand, but this is my philosophy about this forum and however many negative remarks are made about it, then I shall stick with it. :tiphat:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X_-q9xeOgG4

Maybe time I took a bit of time away don't want to upset our regular posters see you in a few weeks time :hello::hello:

Red Devil
22-05-2017, 13:44
Maybe time I took a bit of time away don't want to upset our regular posters see you in a few weeks time :hello::hello:

Dont really understand this - why do you have to be on one or another forum? Why not both? I am on quite a few Tenerife based ones but I prefer this type of forum to ones on facebook simply because I can refer back to any headings on various subjects here - on facebook once you have read something its almost impossible to refer back to it at a later date.

Ecky Thump
22-05-2017, 14:20
Dont really understand this - why do you have to be on one or another forum? Why not both? I am on quite a few Tenerife based ones but I prefer this type of forum to ones on facebook simply because I can refer back to any headings on various subjects here - on facebook once you have read something its almost impossible to refer back to it at a later date.

I'm in total agreement with you, I find that Facebook is OK for current local information that is posted on a day to day basis and then it's mainly between friends, but if I wanted to look for as a example 'Car Hire', then unless I posted a direct question, then I would have no information to refer to...unlike this forum with its search facility.

Tshirt
22-05-2017, 17:16

There is a save function on FB. If you click on the little down arrow top right of the post there is an option to 'Save Post'. You can then refer back to it at your leisure. Most groups also have a search function

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

warbey
22-05-2017, 18:59
There is a save function on FB. If you click on the little down arrow top right of the post there is an option to 'Save Post'. You can then refer back to it at your leisure. Most groups also have a search function

Have to get the magnifying glass out Ted. Not seen that

Struggled to keep an Ex Forces info the other Day for a Friend,
Think it's on a clip board but no Idea after that

Doh!!

Tshirt
22-05-2017, 19:39
Have to get the magnifying glass out Ted. Not seen that

Struggled to keep an Ex Forces info the other Day for a Friend,
Think it's on a clip board but no Idea after that

Doh!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170522/178bf9ef98365f11e92ec03a30d6d626.png

It saves the post to your Facebook timeline, if you look down the options down the left hand side of your Facebook home page you'll find 'Saved', click on that and it will bring up all your saved posts.

Addick
22-05-2017, 20:09

primrose Apologies if the sentiment behind my post wasn't clear. Ecky merely requested (as I'd highlighted) that people might consider posting something after another member has commented on something to keep the forum 'alive' as it were, rather than just using the 'thanks' button, so in an attempt at some of the banter also mentioned in the post, I jokingly gave everyone that still clicked the 'thanks' button a virtual red card and poked my tongue out (to further show that the post was in jest). Nothing more to it than that, really.

One good thing that might've come out of this is if you get a notification of my 'mention' then I might've finally figured out how to get the darn thing to work after many years of failure.

There isn't a 'bunch of flowers' smiley I can give you to make up for the red card, so please accept a dancing banana instead:banana:

I don't think that a input of money will save the Tenerife Forum, in my opinion that it needs a input of willing helpers in both administration and mods, at the moment it appears that the Forum is self funding, maybe if more existing members started new threads, brought forward older ones (illegal lettings ) and replied to any where they think they might be able to help, or even a simple thanks after reading posts of interest to them, with the thanks button not being used, it would appear that no one is reading them.
As @Angusjim has pointed out even the 'The Banter' livens up the Forum! :-)

Ecky Thump
23-05-2017, 11:14
Now I'm not one to cast aspersions on other forums or indeed it's members, as I feel it's a free choice to join however many forums that you like, but today I tried logging into another one that I am a member of and was met with this very childish message (below), now can any one here explain to me or others who may have met this response why, as I have never said anything derogatory about this other forum apart from that I don't like it's format.
Common decency I think would have been to inform me of this, but NO!!

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Since you clearly prefer the way TF handles abusive members, I'll make an exception and do it their way just for you. Access to my forum is a privilege, not a right, and I will not tolerate unprovoked attacks on this forum or its administration.
This ban is not set to expire."

delderek
23-05-2017, 15:06
But why did they refer to you as "Guest" if you are a member. But agree, what a Childish post.

Ecky Thump
23-05-2017, 15:44
But why did they refer to you as "Guest" if you are a member. But agree, what a Childish post.

I have no idea Del, I tried logging into my account with the 'Other Forum' and up popped that message, it's been weeks since I had logged in or even looked at it, someone is definetly causing trouble and I would like to know who and why.???
Any help will be appreciated.

primrose
23-05-2017, 18:46
primrose Apologies if the sentiment behind my post wasn't clear. Ecky merely requested (as I'd highlighted) that people might consider posting something after another member has commented on something to keep the forum 'alive' as it were, rather than just using the 'thanks' button, so in an attempt at some of the banter also mentioned in the post, I jokingly gave everyone that still clicked the 'thanks' button a virtual red card and poked my tongue out (to further show that the post was in jest). Nothing more to it than that, really.

One good thing that might've come out of this is if you get a notification of my 'mention' then I might've finally figured out how to get the darn thing to work after many years of failure.

There isn't a 'bunch of flowers' smiley I can give you to make up for the red card, so please accept a dancing banana instead:banana:

No problem, think I need a sense of humour transplant, but having broken toes not much to laugh at at the moment, The banana is very welcome. :thanx:

warbey
23-05-2017, 20:11
I think he was rubbing it in Ecky that you are NOT a Member any more. Just a Guest..............

I seem to remember being barred from maybe the same one for a sin I hadn't committed deliberately if at all.

So no loss really. Some are happy being cantankerous.

Harmonicaman
26-05-2017, 21:36
You can't be talking about TFoF Ecky as I don't have any message of that sort set up. Unless we've been hacked! ???

****! This was supposed to be attached to Ecky's post! I've been away so long I've forgotten how to work it!:doh:

Ecky Thump
27-05-2017, 08:48
You can't be talking about TFoF Ecky as I don't have any message of that sort set up. Unless we've been hacked! ???

****! This was supposed to be attached to Ecky's post! I've been away so long I've forgotten how to work it!:doh:

No HM, it is the 'Feline' named forum that gave me the terse message, it appears that they or a singular person there does not like any form of criticism, as what appears to have caused my ban from their forum, is that I have said that "I don't like their format and its not for me", so I'm now excommunicated and 'kicked out the door' but life goes on. :D

Harmonicaman
27-05-2017, 08:53
No HM, it is the 'Feline' named forum that gave me the terse message, it appears that they or a singular person there does not like any form of criticism, as what appears to have caused my ban from their forum, is that I have said that "I don't like their format and its not for me", so I'm now excommunicated and 'kicked out the door' but life goes on. :D

Ah well, doesn't seem much of a loss mate. Onwards and upwards. I hope you manage to get something going again with TF.

Angusjim
25-06-2017, 10:03
Posting at all time low low low whats up peeps :dontknow:

Angusjim
07-07-2017, 20:43
Well today must be a record for the Forum including this one TWO posts :c2::c2::c2:

AndyG
08-07-2017, 08:35
It has been very quiet on here and any posts that have been made have been on topics that I have no personal knowledge about so I have not replied.
As the summer is apparently the quiet season out here, I guess it will remain quiet for a while but I still check in several times a day just in case I can post a reply to something new.

tub
08-07-2017, 20:06
we are back home now and i have been watching the web cams and there does not seem to many about

Angusjim
08-07-2017, 20:35
I surrender the forum is ****ed :crazy:

LindaD
12-07-2017, 22:55
Now I'm not one to cast aspersions on other forums or indeed it's members, as I feel it's a free choice to join however many forums that you like, but today I tried logging into another one that I am a member of and was met with this very childish message (below), now can any one here explain to me or others who may have met this response why, as I have never said anything derogatory about this other forum apart from that I don't like it's format.
Common decency I think would have been to inform me of this, but NO!!

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Since you clearly prefer the way TF handles abusive members, I'll make an exception and do it their way just for you. Access to my forum is a privilege, not a right, and I will not tolerate unprovoked attacks on this forum or its administration.
This ban is not set to expire."

Just read this post whilst catching up on the forum Ecky Thump, what the hell is that all about eh!!!!!! Can't believe you got banned for that, it isn't some sort of sick joke is it? Have you been in touch with anyone from the forum or if I can help let me know and I'll certainly do what I can to try and find out more.

Angusjim
29-10-2017, 10:33
No idea what our illustrious leader is thinking,myself and Ecky made a verbal offer for this failing Forum and got knocked back out off hand money that was being mentioned was crazy. Then she allows it to go off air for weeks with no explanation, no idea what her thought waves are is she so desperate for a few Euros revenue from Google, a real shame RIP our Forum. I really miss the banter we used to have on here it will never return as all the main players have moved on and will not return:(

tub
29-10-2017, 13:13
i thought that the forum we know to be the best was dead and buried i was wrong

Angusjim
29-10-2017, 13:22
It is :crying2:

Liftman
29-10-2017, 15:40
No idea what our illustrious leader is thinking,myself and Ecky made a verbal offer for this failing Forum and got knocked back out off hand money that was being mentioned was crazy. Then she allows it to go off air for weeks with no explanation, no idea what her thought waves are is she so desperate for a few Euros revenue from Google, a real shame RIP our Forum. I really miss the banter we used to have on here it will never return as all the main players have moved on and will not return:(

I enjoyed this forum greatly, but it has become a home to spam nonsense and people freely advertising their business.
It's such a shame as in the back pages there is a wealth of knowledge and information for the tourist, wannabe resident and permanent resident. I have accessed endless info on here, and will be very sad to see it disappear. However, if anyone wishes to contact me away from here in the future, I am on the FB forum I love Tenerife under the name Richard Conduit.
Bye all.

delderek
29-10-2017, 18:42
Thing is, although it's been offline for weeks, some of us have obviously been checking that it is on,or off, otherwise we wouldn't be seeing these posts. So maybe dead, but perhaps not yet buried, but our leader would never get a business women of the year award.

willowlily
30-10-2017, 08:26
i would be very sad to see this forum go completely although it has been very hit and miss recently, lets hope this is all behind us and we can go forth.

Biggles
30-10-2017, 11:27
I agree - I would miss this forum should it ever close.

And like others I have been checking regularly to see if it would reappear so I'm pleased it has.

AndyG
30-10-2017, 12:25
I really thought it had gone for good so I'm pleased it is up and running again. If I see any threads where I can comment or offer help, I will post of course

lar
02-11-2017, 20:00
I thought it was dead as it is still alive will look in more

warbey
02-11-2017, 21:23
Some years ago this Forum was in another skin.

It closed down and reappeared shortly after with a promise that both old and new would be joined. We would then have our personal credits of Posts ,Thanks etc added.
This didn't happen although I seem to remember there was a way to access the previous Forum.

I note reference made to information held within the Memory of this Forum helping at least a couple of people, so thanks to the Management for not letting this die.

Angusjim
03-11-2017, 07:36
Some years ago this Forum was in another skin.

It closed down and reappeared shortly after with a promise that both old and new would be joined. We would then have our personal credits of Posts ,Thanks etc added.
This didn't happen although I seem to remember there was a way to access the previous Forum.

I note reference made to information held within the Memory of this Forum helping at least a couple of people, so thanks to the Management for not letting this die.

Thanking the person that is strangling & killing the Forum for a few euros a month from Google that is her motivation other than that she cares nothing about the Forum or its members:ashamed:

West mids tyke
04-11-2017, 12:01
i wondered what happened glad its back i may not come on here a lot but i even asked the question about what was happening on the FB page with no response

Carol55
04-11-2017, 19:20
Thanking the person that is strangling & killing the Forum for a few euros a month from Google that is her motivation other than that she cares nothing about the Forum or its members:ashamed:

One of the things that almost destroyed this forum was when a Moderator closed down all the 'Word & Music' games which saw a lot of our old standing members migrating to another forum run by J a n e t. A n s o m b e, when I last met with our owner Kirsty Jay she said that she was unaware of this and that it was the games that made the forum financially strong as every time someone logged on to the forum it took it to the top of Google searches and in turn that is what attracts the advertisers and the revenue that makes the forum a viable proposition.

Angusjim
04-11-2017, 20:29
One of the things that almost destroyed this forum was when a Moderator closed down all the 'Word & Music' games which saw a lot of our old standing members migrating to another forum run by J a n e t. A n s o m b e, when I last met with our owner Kirsty Jay she said that she was unaware of this and that it was the games that made the forum financially strong as every time someone logged on to the forum it took it to the top of Google searches and in turn that is what attracts the advertisers and the revenue that makes the forum a viable proposition.

Sort of says it all she was unaware of what had happened, maybe viable but not worth 10k:wow:

blondie
20-11-2017, 16:38
I really thought it had gone for good so I'm pleased it is up and running again. If I see any threads where I can comment or offer help, I will post of course

I had all but given up on thr forum , not even checking to see whether it was up and running so I was really pleased to see all is well again .
Welcome back Carol55 !!

Ecky Thump
10-08-2018, 10:08
Sort of says it all she was unaware of what had happened, maybe viable but not worth 10k:wow:

Is the forum under new ownership yet, or is it still slowly plodding along???

imablue
10-08-2018, 12:32
I had occasion to bump into Kirsty a couple of weeks ago and she said she just lets it run on its own,as you say Ecky plodding along.
Welcome back by the way:tiphat:

polremy
15-08-2018, 09:51
I didn't realise the forum was back again. I only found out when I was notified of a new reply to a post I had written on ages ago.

Ecky Thump
04-10-2018, 05:21
I didn't realise the forum was back again. I only found out when I was notified of a new reply to a post I had written on ages ago.

There are still a few of the old (and new) faces popping in from time to time, some post and others just to look or use the private message facility.

LindaD
04-10-2018, 19:48
Hello to everyone who knows any the best raid solution in new york here (https://www.salvagedata.com/raid-data-recovery-nyc-ny/)
 . I don't know but when I opened my computer at the morning it doesn't work..I have no idea the problem and where to go and get any information. Could you suggest me any place in NY..

New York????! Your on the TENERIFE forum hen :doh:

Ecky Thump
22-10-2018, 10:10

Here's another reply.....not many of us left now, mainly spam posters.???

lsmt971
13-11-2018, 13:01
Hi all, hope everyones ok. I too wasn't aware the site was open since I last tried and couldn't get on.