PDA

View Full Version : Business Chat Setting up shop

GavOTBD
16-04-2017, 19:50
Hi Everyone,

I used to be on this forum years ago and lived in Tenerife a while back, me and my wife are getting the itch to come back with the kids but I need to be able to make sustainable money.
I run a web design and digital marketing agency back here in Leeds UK and I want to carry on doing the same thing back on the reef.

I would like to know if their is much call for a web design and digital marketing agency in Tenerife, I hope so as I would love to get back.

I wont post my web address as I don't want to use this as a promotion for myself.

Many Thanks

Gavin

Liftman
16-04-2017, 20:02
As long as you speak fluent Spanish, can get the correct licences for the business, and can achieve decent internet speeds in your chosen location, you should be well in!
If you have lived there before, you will know that Spanish admin is horrendous.

GavOTBD
16-04-2017, 20:18
My wife speaks fluent Spanish but mine is not good, my main target audience would be British businesses until i teach myself Spanish, my Spanish was enough to get me by but been away too long and forgot most of it.

cressrt
16-04-2017, 21:00
Personally I don't believe there would be sufficient business interest for websites and marketing here in Tenerife; especially form the British. The markets are small and catered for by Social Media. If you can run your business here but have a much wider client base them you may be OK.

Liftman
16-04-2017, 21:01
My wife speaks fluent Spanish but mine is not good, my main target audience would be British businesses until i teach myself Spanish, my Spanish was enough to get me by but been away too long and forgot most of it.

The British business community would have to comment further for you on that, (wish YOUNG GOLFER was about)
Do you think you would be restricting yourself too much by just aiming for the British niche?

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 21:12
Hi, you will not make a living over here with your business. The only way would be to have UK clients and look after them remotely.
There are not enough UK businesses who need your services and what is your USP to sell to the Spanish market.
Facebook, TripAdvisor and the lot have taken over as a cheaper solution.

Get good accounts in the UK and you have a basis to come back.

Liftman
16-04-2017, 22:01
I would have to agree with both cressrt and Peanuts.
Surely with this type of business, it would be possible to work for the UK in Tenerife as suggested?

Carol55
16-04-2017, 22:17
I would have to agree with both cressrt and Peanuts.
Surely with this type of business, it would be possible to work for the UK in Tenerife as suggested?

Maybe the person to ask for advice is the forum owner Kirsty, as she runs a website business in Tenerife, :idea:

Liftman
16-04-2017, 22:19
Maybe the person to ask for advice is the forum owner Kirsty, as she runs a website business in Tenerife, :idea:

And the winner is............................ Carol55

Great Idea

Peanuts
16-04-2017, 22:24
And the winner is............................ Carol55

and the answer is --- please move here I want some competition and steal my clients or

I can not make any money join the club or

here is a list of potential clients and I will call them for you.

:lol:

GavOTBD
22-05-2017, 19:01
That would be great I'm sure she would be up for that :whistle:

Tony the Welder
23-05-2017, 09:12
Hi Everyone,

I used to be on this forum years ago and lived in Tenerife a while back, me and my wife are getting the itch to come back with the kids but I need to be able to make sustainable money.
I run a web design and digital marketing agency back here in Leeds UK and I want to carry on doing the same thing back on the reef.

I would like to know if their is much call for a web design and digital marketing agency in Tenerife, I hope so as I would love to get back.

I wont post my web address as I don't want to use this as a promotion for myself.

Many Thanks

Gavin

normaly i wood say just go for it but with kids take a little bit of time to think out this