PDA

View Full Version : Health Chemists in South Tenerife

Carol55
17-04-2017, 21:48
As a regular visitor to Tenerife, I have occasionally needed to visit a Doctor for advice, it was last year that I found out how helpful the chemists are when compared to the UK.
It might be helpful if people know of good chemists that have offered advice to post their location here for all to see. :idea:

Liftman
17-04-2017, 22:02
Make sure that the chemist that you go in to is a FARMACÍA. There is a very similar looking shop, also displaying the familiar green cross, but the sign will say PARAFARMACÍA. This is a natural health shop, not a chemist. They will sell you herbal remedies and homeopathic mixtures that may well not help you in your hour of need.

fixer
17-04-2017, 23:52
The one in Los Cristianos near Cultural Centre next to the big car park is where i go and there always ready to give advice,

AndyG
18-04-2017, 06:38
We use the Pharmacia in Callao Salvaje as our doctor is just across the road from them. They are really friendly and helpful and much cheaper than our local parmacia in Playa San Juan for items such as Aspirin and contact lens solution. I still can't believe that a one month prescription of statins costs just €0.92 over here!

Tony the Welder
18-04-2017, 08:21
We use the Pharmacia in Callao Salvaje as our doctor is just across the road from them. They are really friendly and helpful and much cheaper than our local parmacia in Playa San Juan for items such as Aspirin and contact lens solution. I still can't believe that a one month prescription of statins costs just €0.92 over here!

how much,, normally pay 0.87 with the prescription real cost just over 2 euro in the farmacia in costa del silencio but to be honest never been to a bad one

Ecky Thump
18-04-2017, 09:03
The one in Los Cristianos near Cultural Centre next to the big car park is where i go and there always ready to give advice,

If I'm thinking correctly, is that the Farmacia as you come down towards the two garages from the Tenerife Sur, it's on the right hand side beside a fruit shop?

Cousincas
18-04-2017, 15:45
Yes, but the fruit shop has closed down now.