PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Container Shipping UK to Tenerife

Liftman
18-04-2017, 16:54
Has anyone on here shipped a 20 or 40 foot container out to the Island?
I have a current quote of £2800 all in door to door.
This will be for all our furniture etc when we move.
Has anyone done this sort of move?

Moderator_
18-04-2017, 17:15
If you need a competitive quote ask Go Worldwide based in Santa Ursula 922300916 but compared to what I paid back in 2003 , £2800 sounds real expensive

cressrt
18-04-2017, 20:10
It would probably be cheaper to bring a lot less and buy new here.

Liftman
18-04-2017, 20:31
It would probably be cheaper to bring a lot less and buy new here.

Unfortunately, Mrs Liftman would not be having that. She is in the furniture business and we have many pieces from the 17th century onwards. She would never give them up.

cressrt
18-04-2017, 20:45
I would take expert advice on how such furniture can cope with the different temperatures and humidity, my mother in law took a lot of antique pieces to mainland Spain, Murica and they did not fare well, I know the conditions are different there but you should be aware.

Liftman
18-04-2017, 21:02
I would take expert advice on how such furniture can cope with the different temperatures and humidity, my mother in law took a lot of antique pieces to mainland Spain, Murica and they did not fare well, I know the conditions are different there but you should be aware.

Fortunately she is very experienced, and has some pieces that will not make the trip for this very reason.
There are also ways of preparing wood for a change in atmosphere and temperature.

PaulCourt
17-06-2017, 18:24
We moved here recently and were quoted £4600 for a 20ft Container, indeed still quoted £3000 just to bring our dearest possessions by British Company Britannia. Absolute rip off! We decided to bring the minimum and buy new here.

mangono5
24-07-2018, 12:49
What is the situation in regard of loading up a van or car and bringing it yourself ...do all the customs clearance etc still apply... has anyone tried this and what were their experiences please

AndyG
24-07-2018, 16:35
A bit different, but we sent six large boxes from the UK when we relocated here in November 2015. We typed out the contents in English and Spanish and placed the required number of copies in clear document wallets. The boxes arrived safely 3 working days later with no evidence that they had been opened and without being contacted by customs or anyone else. Good luck with your move!