PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones Mi fi

Mr s
26-04-2017, 21:36
Coming over to Los cristionas next month, I was thinking of purchasing a HUWEI E5573 with data
Sim. Me & wife have iPhones I know I could use data with 3 feel at home. Just woulnderd if it would be plug & receive or do I have to alter settings on router. If so how can I do this with no internet connection. Thanks

delderek
26-04-2017, 22:22
Yes you could use 3 feel at home on your phones if you have three sim cards in each. You can not use either phone as a "Hot spot" when roaming on Three. A data only sim in the mifi would work, but again only if the airtime supplier allows it when roaming. They all have different rules.

Angusjim
27-04-2017, 06:51
Yes you could use 3 feel at home on your phones if you have three sim cards in each. You can not use either phone as a "Hot spot" when roaming on Three. A data only sim in the mifi would work, but again only if the airtime supplier allows it when roaming. They all have different rules.

:agree:.........

Crazy Golfer
27-04-2017, 20:03
I've used one of these Huawei MiFi's a couple of times now on Tenerife.

Just bought a data sim from 3 and was able to use the feel at home feature. No problems setting it up - literally plug 'n play.

Not the fastest in the world but for web browsing, emails etc it's ideal.

Biggles
29-04-2017, 19:30
Just bought a data sim from 3 and was able to use the feel at home feature. No problems setting it up - literally plug 'n play.

Hi CG,

Can I double check with you if the 3 SIM you have is one of the "Trio SIM - Internet with Legs" Mobile Broadband SIM's please ?

I am keen to be certain of the exact SIM you have as I have been toying with buying one from Amazon for use in a MiFi in Tenerife but the 3 website clearly says you cannot use these SIM's to tether devices to your phone when Roaming.

It is therefore clear that you cannot tether other devices by WiFi to your phone's hotspot if you use one of these SIM's in your phone but I wasn't sure how a MiFi device would be regarded by the 3 network - would they treat it as a phone in Tether Mode and block it, or would they allow it to work when Roaming ?

So can you confirm that is the type of 3 SIM you have been able to use in a MiFi in Tenerife please ?

Many thanks CG
Biggles.

Crazy Golfer
30-04-2017, 19:13
Hi
I couldn't use my phone as hotspot when roaming so bought the MiFi and the 3 data sim. Sorry, not sure what type of sim it was...just asked 3 for a data sim I could use abroad.
I have tethered at least two devices to mine at the same time.
Not the fastest but does the job. Very easy to set up and top-up through the 3 app.
Hope this helps.

Tshirt
01-05-2017, 10:47
I've used a Mifi in Tenerife several times but always with a locally bought data sim. I use a 3 sim in it when in the uk but haven't had chance to try it out in Tenerife yet. I get a Payg 12gb valid for 12 months from here https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-incl-12gb-data.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk