PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Rental Six week rental June 28th August 8th 2017

Craig Ross
03-05-2017, 16:52
I get six weeks holiday - yup, a skiving teacher! - and I often try to go somewhere warm for the whole holiday. Generally that means Thailand, but the flight's a killer. What do you think the chances are of putting a roof over my head for six weeks in Tenerife, and what will it cost me? All I'm looking for is a bed, cooking facilities, non-smoking, and reasonable peace and quiet at night to sleep. Renting a room from a granny would be fine.

Cheers

Red Devil
05-05-2017, 23:02
I would look on sites such as HomeAway.com, Owners Direct etc for private rentals - the problem is of course that during the summer holidays the prices are expensive.
I would tend to look outside the popular areas of Costa Adeje/Los Cristianos, perhaps try for other areas such as El Medano, Las Galletas, Golf del Sur, Playa Arena etc where the prices are more reasonable but you are still on the coast and on a bus route to main resorts if you need them.

murph
06-05-2017, 13:05
www.airbnb.co.uk

Craig Ross
06-05-2017, 14:52
Thanks. For such a long stay I've got a bit of flexibility on flights so I'll have a think.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I've seen the prices! I'd hope for a discount over nightly rates, although I can see that at peak season that might not be likely.

murph
06-05-2017, 15:10
Airbnb definitely accommodates single travellers better. I did a search similar to yours and it came up with £650 per month!

Craig Ross
07-05-2017, 15:17
Airbnb definitely accommodates single travellers better. I did a search similar to yours and it came up with £650 per month!

I know. That seems quite good. Once I get my carcass to Thailand, however, I can get £100 easy for a nice self-contained studio flat. If I could just find a way to have them knock me out for the entire duration of the flight it would be fine.