PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's a good time that we all start getting along on the Tenerife Forum!

nath
01-06-2011, 08:35
Hi Peeps,

I am glad to see the forum is back up and sorta running again. (only just found out :ashamed: ).

Maybe this is a good time since all the heated arguments seem to be gone now as well we try to get along more. No people hating dogs getting into arguments about dog lovers (this is one I've unfortunately seen pass by too often).
But also on other matters.

Please lets all just sit back for a second and re-read the post before you hit submit (like I am doing right now but am still feeling the same :eyebrows: ).

Let's all enjoy it!

penelope pitstop
01-06-2011, 20:51
I couldn't agree more. I know of several members who stopped posting previously because of insults. Complaints were never acted upon, which didn't help.

Hopefully now it's a new beginning & people can get along better.

penelope pitstop

Sal
01-06-2011, 20:54
Who wants to fight and argue anyway? Life's too short. :argue: :poke: :hit:

reggie
01-06-2011, 20:58
Not a cat in hells chance, Illegal letting threads, shog dite, religion, Ethnics trashing the UK, ryan air, Im bl--dy possible,

Vortex Wake
01-06-2011, 20:58

Speak for yourself :)

Anyway, I have just heard that Bournemouth airport is shut on Friday - the control tower bloke has got a dentists appointment.

:D

Sylla
01-06-2011, 21:14
I couldn't agree more. I know of several members who stopped posting previously because of insults. Complaints were never acted upon, which didn't help.

Hopefully now it's a new beginning & people can get along better.

penelope pitstop

Totally agree ...but there will always be small minds about that want to score points with insults ...such a pity ...as Sal says Life's too short :band:

nath
01-06-2011, 21:31
The last few months I heard more than once people say they stopped checking the forum due to the insults. A pity because I also find it a valuable source for information about the island.
I hope the forum will once again grow out to this valuable (and happy) source!!!

Sal
01-06-2011, 21:33
Anyway, I have just heard that Bournemouth airport is shut on Friday - the control tower bloke has got a dentists appointment.

Yes of course he has!!! :fryingpan:

penelope pitstop
01-06-2011, 21:35
Lets hope now if it starts it is nipped in the bud immediately & the offending thread closed. Those that throw the insults should be banned not just warned, as it is unacceptable.

Penelope Pitstop

with cheese
01-06-2011, 21:35

Control Tower, when did they put that up and where?

Harmonicaman
01-06-2011, 21:36

She won't fall for it VW. I told her there was a volcano on the Isle of Wight but she twigged right away. Smart cookie Sal...

with cheese
01-06-2011, 21:39
She won't fall for it VW. I told her there was a volcano on the Isle of Wight but she twigged right away. Smart cookie Sal...
It is quite possible that the Banks in the very very posh area have burst and money is flooding into all areas of Bournemouth.

Jackie
01-06-2011, 21:46
Lets hope now if it starts it is nipped in the bud immediately & the offending thread closed. Those that throw the insults should be banned not just warned, as it is unacceptable.

Penelope Pitstop

Get real Jaypeeps ;), although this is a forum it is still real life. There are people all over the world that don't get on with everyone they meet and it will never be any different here. The forum is a bit like the TV show 'Dating in the Dark', you can't physically see the person/people you are talking to so you get to know them by their personality. I can honestly say there are a couple of people on here who I can't stand even though I have never met them and I am sure there are people that feel the same about me but such is life. Nobody is going to get on all the time...fact.

penelope pitstop
01-06-2011, 21:48
Sorry but I am Penelope Pitstop, you have called me the wrong name for some reason.

Penelope Pitstop

Ecky Thump
01-06-2011, 21:51
Sorry but I am Penelope Pitstop, you have called me the wrong name for some reason.

Penelope Pitstop

Oh dear, I thought the same as Jackie that in a previous life you were called.....

Jay Peeps.

with cheese
01-06-2011, 21:54
Get real Jaypeeps ;), although this is a forum it is still real life. There are people all over the world that don't get on with everyone they meet and it will never be any different here. The forum is a bit like the TV show 'Dating in the Dark', you can't physically see the person/people you are talking to so you get to know them by their personality. I can honestly say there are a couple of people on here who I can't stand even though I have never met them and I am sure there are people that feel the same about me but such is life. Nobody is going to get on all the time...fact.
Blimey, can't disagree with that Jackie, hope you like me a bit now.
Did you mean Penelope Jaystop Peeppits?

penelope pitstop
01-06-2011, 21:54
Never heard of that person, so why would you think that?

Penelope Pitstop

reggie
01-06-2011, 21:56

A prime example, no need to name anybody that dosnt want it, Naughty

Ecky Thump
01-06-2011, 21:57

Penelope Pitstop

Oh...many many reasons, but who knows we might be wrong.:hello:

doreen
01-06-2011, 21:57

Penelope Pitstop

Oh, maybe writing style, signing name underneath in each post, saying elsewhere about new name .... I won't say contrariness as we're all trying to get on :hello:

Tinkabel
01-06-2011, 21:59

Penelope Pitstop

I'm sure Jackie didnt mean to cause any offence, its just us you remind us of someone on a previous forum. ;)

sunspot
01-06-2011, 22:01
Inspector Clouseau eat your heart out........................rumbled...............

DaveRF
01-06-2011, 22:02
I'm sure Jackie didnt mean to cause any offence, its just us you remind us of someone on a previous forum. ;)

I'd have bet a month's salary on Jackie being right on that score but hey ho. Not important in the grand scheme of things. ;)

dede
01-06-2011, 22:03
Oh, maybe writing style, signing name underneath in each post, saying elsewhere about new name .... I won't say contrariness as we're all trying to get on :hello:

not all trying doreen, some folk just just wont let things go..maybe thats another clue :wall:

Jackie
01-06-2011, 22:09
Ok Penelope who was you on the 'old' forum. You said in the thread about members joining and changing their names that you had changed your name but you was keeping the other one a secret...why if I may ask? I am genuinely curious why some people have changed their names. Also as a member of the 'old' forum there is no doubt that you would have heard/seen the name Jaypeeps.

Vortex Wake
01-06-2011, 22:20
Jaypeeps is on the other forum now anyway - to me she came across as a female Victor Meldrew / Rab C Nesbit sort of person.

with cheese
01-06-2011, 22:23
Jaypeeps is on the other forum now anyway - to me she came across as a female Victor Meldrew / Rab C Nesbit sort of person.
Did she have her own really good TV comedy then?

sunspot
01-06-2011, 22:30
Would hardly call it comedy......................:argue:

Bazz
01-06-2011, 22:58

I don't beliiiiieeeeevvvvve it
:eyebrows::lol:

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2011, 12:19

Ohh there's a few

I'm with you Sal ! always keep out of the arguments - can't be (bottomed)

Not a cat in hells chance, Illegal letting threads, shog dite, religion, Ethnics trashing the UK, ryan air, Im bl--dy possible,

Cats !!! who mentioned Cats - is this a cat thread ?????

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 12:45

Penelope Pitstop

If you don't want anyone to know your new username Penelope you should try very hard not to sign yourself off as Penelope Pitstop on the forum that you registered as Jaypeeps :doh:

doreen
02-06-2011, 13:19
If you don't want anyone to know your new username Penelope you should try very hard not to sign yourself off as Penelope Pitstop on the forum that you registered as Jaypeeps :doh:

No, she didn't, did she ??? :fryingpan: :lol:

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 13:23
No, she didn't, did she ??? :fryingpan: :lol:

She certainly did :rolleyes:

doreen
02-06-2011, 13:24
She certainly did :rolleyes:

... and you can't edit posts over there after the first hour, I believe :lol:

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 13:25
... and you can't edit posts over there after the first hour, I believe :lol:

Yes you can and she did, however I got a notification email :surrender:

doreen
02-06-2011, 13:28
Yes you can and she did, however I got a notification email :surrender:

Okay ... so what achievement award is there for that, I wonder :lol:

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 13:38
Okay ... so what achievement award is there for that, I wonder :lol:

Chris P. Bacon OBE? :lol:

Zara
02-06-2011, 13:43
S.F.B. - Oh that's already been awarded :eyebrows:

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2011, 13:53

:lol:

with cheese
02-06-2011, 14:01
:lol:

How are you MM, not seen you about much x

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 14:06

What's that? :stupid:

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2011, 14:08
s....for brains

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 14:09
s....for brains

Charming you lot are..........:ban::crylaughing:

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2011, 14:16
Charming you lot are..........:ban::crylaughing:

It wasn't me - it was the Queen herself and she's the one who does all the knighting...sorry I meant knitting:lol:

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 14:54
- it was the Queen herself and she's the one who does all the knighting...

ARISE SIR ONELEG:knight: .......................................now slumped over the coffee table !!!:stars::stars::stars:

Zara
02-06-2011, 15:00
ARISE SIR ONELEG:knight: .......................................now slumped over the coffee table !!!:stars::stars::stars:

Reggie will go mad when he sees you've nicked his donkey

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 15:02
I've only just noticed its having a cr@p ........................great for rhubarb !!!

reggie
02-06-2011, 15:17
Reggie will go mad when he sees you've nicked his donkey

MMM. been waiting to use that, not sure i want second hand - hoof,

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 15:25
:grufalo::grufalo::grufalo::grufalo::grufalo:These are so you REGGIE :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Jimandsi
02-06-2011, 16:03

Penelope Pitstop

Take no notice of them PP - they're just trying to wind you up (some members are like that) :doh:

It also makes a bit of a mockery of the thread title I suppose !

Prior to me joining this Forum the other day, Jimandsi had apparently come back under two or three different names :wall:

Malteser Monkey
02-06-2011, 16:05
Jimandsi had apparently come back under two or three different names :wall:

Yup Jim andy and Si:lol:

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 16:06
Take no notice of them PP - they're just trying to wind you up (some members are like that) :doh:

It makes a bit of a mockery of the thread title I suppose !

Prior to me joining this Forum the other day, Jimandsi had apparently come back under two or three different names :wall:

Most of which were NAUGHTY NAMES !!! but quite discriptive:censored::censored:

doreen
02-06-2011, 16:34

True ... and some of us have a pretty good idea of who was trying to frame you :)

Chris P. Bacon
02-06-2011, 16:41

This is very rich coming from our Jimbo :crylaughing:

Jimandsi
02-06-2011, 16:50
True ... and some of us have a pretty good idea of who was trying to frame you :)

Who was that then - is there a framing clique on here ?

PM me if you like ;)

doreen
02-06-2011, 18:01
Who was that then - is there a framing clique on here ?

PM me if you like ;)

... and how do I know it's the real you this time - you haven't really been grumpy enough :argue:

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 18:22
... and how do I know it's the real you this time - you haven't really been grumpy enough :argue:

OOOOH! believe me its him alright ,though chilled due to impending holiday

with cheese
02-06-2011, 18:35
:grufalo::grufalo::grufalo::grufalo::grufalo:These are so you REGGIE :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Do you put the Donkey crap on the Rhubarb before or after cooking ot?

reggie
02-06-2011, 19:02

Use the donkey's **** as a dispenser, just shove the rhubarb were the sun dont shine, watch out for the rspca tho

rosemary
02-06-2011, 19:06

Oh if only! But people LOVE to fight and argue. Some live for it. Thatīs why they come onto forums. Letīs face it there are certain subjects that arouse passionate disagreements. Do you want to ban those?

onelegnofeet
02-06-2011, 19:19

No ,in the milk for the custard

Sal
02-06-2011, 19:23
No ,in the milk for the custard

Eeeeeuuuuuuuuuw, I hate lumpy custard! :fryingpan:

reggie
02-06-2011, 19:24
Peter smith, his middle name is rodney, I bought a car of him in PX, i spotted his name, he spotted me looking, and said "dont Reg" well saying that to me ha ha, so told all the mates, and now he gets called Rodders, Is this the same thread as last night, Hello

Jackie
02-06-2011, 22:46

I have been out all day with friends and had some really good laughs but this tops it all...classic:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughin g: