PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Drip feed irrigation systems

mangono5
10-05-2017, 21:33
Hi looking to install a drip feed irrigation system to water fruit trees and grapes. Anyone got experience of this I am wondering how many emitters can be effective with mains pressure. Also where to source components looked in many ferreterias, but have not found one carrying much stock.

tfs1
10-05-2017, 22:37
Hi looking to install a drip feed irrigation system to water fruit trees and grapes. Anyone got experience of this I am wondering how many emitters can be effective with mains pressure. Also where to source components looked in many ferreterias, but have not found one carrying much stock.

We have a 4 zone irrigation system in our garden in Spain with the water supplied via a separate pump with water feed from our old swimming pool.

All equipment should be available from Leroy Merlin (it is in the mainland, well it was last week !) - i.e. 4 or 6 zone electronic timer, electronic valves, connecting pipes, 'tickers' etc etc. I have from 3 to 5 'tickers' on each zone, tickers being the things that spray the water and make that ticking sound as they move around !

cressrt
11-05-2017, 08:05
Very easy to install, we have various timers around our finca, a single feed for about 12 trees with no problem, do not use sprays for trees only drips in a cirle around the base, we have separate timers on at different times, best to have it running at night when you don't need the water yourself. you can get parts from most ferreterias, however definitely in Leroy Merlin. Sucan in Las Chafiras and Chafiras in Las Chafiras.
We don't use on our grape vines this way, tend to water them ad hoc like our neighbours.

mangono5
20-05-2017, 13:07
Thank you for your responses.

I looked in Chafiras last time I was over and they did not seem to display much at all Sucan I will investigate but Leroy Merlin seem to be the people judging by their web site so much choice ...there in maybe a problem as to which to choose.

I have spent time walking around Granadilla looking at various fincas but it is a little confusing what systems are what ie most are just tubes with holes and some with emitters, some maybe gravity some mains some pumps...and me not speaking the lingo can not really talk with people to find out more.

I am over on Tuesday and need to get moving in installing a system as I am too dependant on neighbours watering for me when I am in UK.

I know it is a cheek Cressrt but is there any possibility I could have a quick look at what you have done as we are quite near to each other, it would be great help to avoide me purchasing all the wrong gear.

Martin