PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants Decent restaurants near Puerto Colon area.

robbyw
15-05-2017, 14:27
Any recommendations for restaurants in and around the Puerto Colon area?
We also try one cheap set menu, so recommendations for the 'best' of the 'cheapies' please. :yum:
TIA.

ddoyle
15-05-2017, 15:35
Any recommendations for restaurants in and around the Puerto Colon area?
We also try one cheap set menu, so recommendations for the 'best' of the 'cheapies' please. :yum:
TIA.

La Gran Paella Valencia, up past the marina there is a string of restaurants and last one on the corner beside the small roundabout is the Gran Paella Valencia, very good menu and cheap as chips. The restaurant El Puertito on the beach at Porto Colon serves IMO the best breakfast down there two bacon, two eggs half tom, beans, toast, jam tea coffee or OJ, all for the princely sum of €2.95. for an extra euro you can have extra toast mushrooms and chips.

robbyw
15-05-2017, 16:50
Thanks.
Is La Gran Paella Valencia part of La Buena Paella in Los Cris? I know they had a restaurant up there once. I normally have the grills there, both meat and fish....................... but not at the same time!
That breakfast sounds good and although I don't eat English breakfasts every day, it's nice to have a late one on holiday........... with that added euro.
Appreciated ddoyle.

bennoa1
17-05-2017, 09:43
Odissea we've found about the best for food although the draught beer isn't very nice so stick to wine. We hadn't been to Potters Inn (ex Geordie Pride on the 1st floor of the commercial centre by the marina) for a while but had a breakfast there a couple of weeks back and it was very tasty - great sat in the cool at the back with a beer.

robbyw
17-05-2017, 10:47
Thanks bennoa1.
A while before I venture there, although if possible, I'll try and squeeze a break in by October.
I'm only really familiar with the area south of the marina, around the Soul Lodge and towards PDLA.
I've had drinks in a large bar past La Nina, but can't remember it!

bennoa1
17-05-2017, 11:17
Odissea has a large frontage on the beach towards the harbour:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g662606-d2154733-Reviews-Odissea_Restaurant-Costa_Adeje_Adeje_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Odissea/126700110738132
Say hello to my friend Louis (tall chap, mid 40's, gingery light hair) and Lisa the PR (gobby Manc). Lamb shoulder is the best, with canarian spuds.
Potter Inn:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g662606-d4697153-Reviews-Potter_Inn-Costa_Adeje_Adeje_Tenerife_Canary_Islands.html
My next visit is booked for December but hope to get out at least once before then.

Red Devil
18-05-2017, 00:33
[QUOTE=robbyw;548799]Thanks.
Is La Gran Paella Valencia part of La Buena Paella in Los Cris? I know they had a restaurant up there once. I normally have the grills there, both meat and fish....................... but not at the same time!
That breakfast sounds good and although I don't eat English breakfasts every day, it's nice to have a late one on holiday........... with that added euro.
Appreciated ddoyle.[/QUOTE
La Buena Paella used to be upstairs next door but one to Gran Paella Valencia (but called something else then I think) then they moved to new site in Los Cristianos. Both are still very good but I used to love the upstairs view fromBueno Paella when it was near Puerto Colon. We go to Bueno Paella now when in Los Cristianos. Try the lamb chops, they are delicious

Leam_Lin
18-05-2017, 09:50
Used to be Vista al Mar, the owners of Gran Paella & Buena Paella are brothers.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We have been going to Gran Paella Valenciana since it opened Vista al Mar was already there when we bought our apartment.
Came back in April after staying 6 weeks, booked 26th April to go 8th June, sadly we do not know when we? will be going again, my husband has been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.