PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Solicitors

ddoyle
17-05-2017, 12:50
I am looking for some information re, solicitors, is there a regulatory body for solicitors in Tenerife where ppl can complain if they feel that they have been badly treated by their solicitor, in the UK and Ireland we have the ombudsman for such complaints, any help would be appreciated.

ddoyle
19-05-2017, 00:01
87 views and not one reply, well well well, am I missing something, is Franco still alive. ppl must be living in terror on this Island.

cressrt
19-05-2017, 08:17
I just made a quick search on Google and there are many links to this question, here are a couple that tell you what you want to know.
http://www.tumbit.com/how-to-guides/articles/237-how-to-complain-about-your-lawyer-in-spain.html
http://www.daviessolicitors.com/how-to-lodge-a-complain-against-an-abogadosolicitor-what-happens-if-he-is-not-really-a-solicitor/

Ecky Thump
19-05-2017, 10:20
I am looking for some information re, solicitors, is there a regulatory body for solicitors in Tenerife where ppl can complain if they feel that they have been badly treated by their solicitor, in the UK and Ireland we have the ombudsman for such complaints, any help would be appreciated.

After reading a few articles on solicitors and lawyers regulating bodies in Spain, it appears that they almost share the same dismal approach as the UK and that they are almost self regulating and as long as they are registered with the authorities then they are pretty much a law unto themselves. :-(

jack oakley
19-05-2017, 10:39
Regretfully 99% are bent and all of them pee in the same pot, the only way to find an honest one is to ask for recommendations by genuine people who have used them, try not to use a solicitor that is recommended by an estate agent, if you are buying or SELLING a property get an independent lawyer that has recommendations.

delderek
19-05-2017, 18:19
Or use a very experienced and trusted conveyancer at a quarter of the price. A name familiar to many on here J A.

ddoyle
19-05-2017, 18:24
Regretfully 99% are bent and all of them pee in the same pot, the only way to find an honest one is to ask for recommendations by genuine people who have used them, try not to use a solicitor that is recommended by an estate agent, if you are buying or SELLING a property get an independent lawyer that has recommendations.

I have come to the same conclusion re, solicitors here,

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Or use a very experienced and trusted conveyancer at a quarter of the price. A name familiar to many on here J A.

Thanks, think I know who you mean.

Ecky Thump
19-05-2017, 18:56

I didn't know that Janet A was a property conveyancer, I thought she was a retired historian lecturer and journalist, do you know what her speciality in the law practice is and do you need to be licensed to practice conveying in Tenerife? It will certainty be useful to know and then we can point members in her direction.

delderek
19-05-2017, 20:35
Most people don't know that she will do this, it is not a business or something that she publicises. All I can add is, that to my knowledge no, you do not need to be licenced. She acts as a private individual, and has done so for many years. And with her wealth of information in property laws probably, (in my opinion) has more practical knowledge than most so called lawyers. I do speak from personal experience.

Ecky Thump
19-05-2017, 20:50
Most people don't know that she will do this, it is not a business or something that she publicises. All I can add is, that to my knowledge no, you do not need to be licenced. She acts as a private individual, and has done so for many years. And with her wealth of information in property laws probably, (in my opinion) has more practical knowledge than most so called lawyers. I do speak from personal experience.

Thanks Del, that's good to know and should help others.