PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Rate

Noble Kirk
25-05-2017, 15:31
Where is the best place to exchange sterling pounds for euros?

fixer
25-05-2017, 15:40
Admiral in los Cristianos

Carol55
25-05-2017, 16:24
Admiral in los Cristianos

It's worth checking the exchange by Fado's in Los Christianos as it's very close by, they quite often offer a slightly better rate than Admiral Travel .....but not a lot!! :D

delderek
25-05-2017, 19:22
Agree, usually a couple of points better.

Carol55
26-05-2017, 08:32

Sometimes at these small money exchange & excursion shops it's worthwhile asking what rate they will offer if you exchange slightly larger amounts of Stirling to euro's, I did the other week at the 'Jesus' shop by the tunnel, he was offering €1.155 to the £ and I said I wanted a rate for £500 and got €1.16, it's always worth trying, it bought a couple of extra toilet rolls! :laugh:

helena246
26-05-2017, 10:31
Sometimes at these small money exchange & excursion shops it's worthwhile asking what rate they will offer if you exchange slightly larger amounts of Stirling to euro's, I did the other week at the 'Jesus' shop by the tunnel, he was offering €1.155 to the £ and I said I wanted a rate for £500 and got €1.16, it's always worth trying, it bought a couple of extra toilet rolls! :laugh:

I would walk an extra mile for a slightly better rate normally fados I also ask for a better rate if changing a higher amount. its a win win, more exercise extra money if only a few pesatos " its the principle "

Ecky Thump
26-05-2017, 13:13
It's worth checking the exchange by Fado's in Los Christianos as it's very close by, they quite often offer a slightly better rate than Admiral Travel .....but not a lot!! :D

Today was a exception .....

Exchange by Fado's €1.125 to the £

Admiral Travel. €1.13 to the £ :tiphat:

delderek
26-05-2017, 15:11
Today was a exception .....

Exchange by Fado's €1.125 to the £

Admiral Travel. €1.13 to the £ :tiphat:

Yeh, but if you only change a fiver what do you expect? :whistle:

fixer
26-05-2017, 15:34

Was it as much as that!

Ecky Thump
27-05-2017, 08:59

Was it as much as that!

I'll have you know it was a great deal a larger amount than that, as we had been invited to a special event and Carol needed a new party frock and shoes, plus I needed enough cash to last three days, so I withdrew from my sporran (avoiding the mouse trap) Seven Pounds!:(

Ecky Thump
16-06-2017, 09:28
CaxtonFX are currently (09:30) offering €1.1175 to the £ when you load their Euro Debit Card, which is approximately the rate that you will get in the Tenerife exchange shops.

Yesterday's Market Highlights

Sterling rallied yesterday as the BoE’s decision to keep interest rates on hold was a closer call than expected. Three members dissented in favour of raising rates: Ian McCafferty and Michael Saunders joined Kristin Forbes, who leaves the MPC at the end of the month. The dissent comes as inflation accelerated to 2.9% in May.

The pound jumped over 0.7% against both the euro and the dollar. Sterling-euro hit 1.1450 for the first time since the election. Sterling’s gains against the Canadian dollar saw the rate eye but not break 1.7000, which it last hit on Monday.

Today's Market Highlights

Final Eurozone CPI (10:00 BST) is expected to confirm that inflation slowed to 1.4% in May and that core inflation slowed to 0.9%. Although the ECB has removed its interest rate easing bias, interest rates are likely to remain on hold for the time being as the ECB watches the pace of low underlying inflation. The figures may have limited impact barring any unexpected revisions.

In the afternoon (13:30 BST), the US releases housing data, gains in which could offer the dollar support. The main Canadian release is Foreign Securities Purchases (13:30 BST).

While the economic calendar is quieter next week, UK politics will be in sharp focus. Brexit talks between the UK and the EU begin on Monday. The Queen’s Speech has been rescheduled from Monday 19 June to Wednesday 21 June.

tub
16-06-2017, 22:23
got 1-13 at java today