PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Supermarket in La Caleta

commervan
29-05-2017, 18:26
Hiya, newbie here, be gentle with me!
Just wondering if there is a decent supermarket in La Caleta. It's a quiet little place so I know there isn't a big Mercadona (nearest one is C.Adeje) or anything like that, but a little Dialprix or something would be good. Looking at Google streetview, there are a couple of shops claiming to be supermarkets, but I suspect they are more about buckets & spades than gourmet fodder and vino.

Addick
29-05-2017, 19:26
Hopefully someone will be able to give you details of the nearest supermarket, but welcome to the forum anyway, and that's a lovely part of the island you're going to.

Liftman
29-05-2017, 22:14
There is a small supermarket at the very bottom of the village. It's almost all the way to Del Duqe on Av de las Gaviotas, in front of the hotel Hoviman Jardin Caleta.

junglejim
30-05-2017, 06:11
There is a Hyperdino at top of hill towards Adeje and a Mercadona just inside Adeje at Las Torres , not a walking job unfortunately but a lot cheaper & more choice than the local convenience shops .
There is a bus which goes up from La Caleta 448

http://titsa.com/index.php/tus-guaguas/lineas-y-horarios/linea-448

commervan
30-05-2017, 08:27
Thanks for these, gents. Several options there. Looks like we'll need a delivery/taxi on day one to get stocked up with heavy stuff (water, beer, wine), thereafter shanks's pony will be busy.

LUCKY
30-05-2017, 08:37
Thanks for these, gents. Several options there. Looks like we'll need a delivery/taxi on day one to get stocked up with heavy stuff (water, beer, wine), thereafter shanks's pony will be busy.

Why not order online and have it delivered? :flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

https://www.mercadona.es/ns/entrada.php?nidioma=5&js=1

commervan
30-05-2017, 09:38
Why not order online and have it delivered? :flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

https://www.mercadona.es/ns/entrada.php?nidioma=5&js=1

What, and miss the joys of wandering aimlessly round the aisles forgetting what you came in for, and of course the queuing?

I think Mercadona actually let you shop yourself in store and leave your bags behind for delivery later in the same day (the one in PDLA does, anyway).

(Why don't they offer a service where you get in the delivery van along with your shopping and the driver, and take it home? Now that would be useful!)

delderek
30-05-2017, 12:05
What, and miss the joys of wandering aimlessly round the aisles forgetting what you came in for, and of course the queuing?

I think Mercadona actually let you shop yourself in store and leave your bags behind for delivery later in the same day (the one in PDLA does, anyway).

(Why don't they offer a service where you get in the delivery van along with your shopping and the driver, and take it home? Now that would be useful!)

Yup, and you could also help out with the other 20 deliveries on the way.:tiphat::whistle:

seanocelt
30-05-2017, 13:38
there is a Hyperdino opposite the Sheraton in the small commercial centre

blondie
30-05-2017, 13:52
there is a Hyperdino opposite the Sheraton in the small commercial centre

Lovely see all queries answered without cutting derogatory remarks to the poster . Our much loved forum has returned :)

lsmt971
30-05-2017, 15:59
Hiya, newbie here, be gentle with me!
Just wondering if there is a decent supermarket in La Caleta. It's a quiet little place so I know there isn't a big Mercadona (nearest one is C.Adeje) or anything like that, but a little Dialprix or something would be good. Looking at Google streetview, there are a couple of shops claiming to be supermarkets, but I suspect they are more about buckets & spades than gourmet fodder and vino.

From memory there is the little 'supermarket' by the hotel Jardin Caleta as someone suggested but it's more a convenience store. For price I would definitely travel to the large Mercadona in Adeje and stock up. I think we used to pay 5 Euros in a cab when we stayed.

Liftman
30-05-2017, 17:39
From memory there is the little 'supermarket' by the hotel Jardin Caleta as someone suggested but it's more a convenience store. For price I would definitely travel to the large Mercadona in Adeje and stock up. I think we used to pay 5 Euros in a cab when we stayed.

I would agree with you, but it IS the closest thing to a supermarket in La Caleta!

lsmt971
31-05-2017, 09:04
I would agree with you, but it IS the closest thing to a supermarket in La Caleta!

Oh yes definitely.