PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Decorating tips needed

wildwally
23-06-2017, 13:01
I need to repair the surfaces of some interior walls that have a stippled artex finish. What products can I get in Tenerife to do this job and where can I buy them in the south of the island ?

delderek
23-06-2017, 18:24
There is a product made by Panda, that comes ready to use in a flexible plastic pack, sorry can't remember the name, but, it is originally applied using a spray gun and compressor, and is a nightmare to try and match the original finish.

cressrt
23-06-2017, 20:39
Are you sure what the finish is, Motero Seco is used internally and externally here, it can give an artex type finish or a plaster finish.

wildwally
24-06-2017, 11:46
There is a product made by Panda, that comes ready to use in a flexible plastic pack, sorry can't remember the name, but, it is originally applied using a spray gun and compressor, and is a nightmare to try and match the original finish.
Thanks for that, it sounds a bit beyond me

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for that suggestion. The finish we have is a similar effect to woodchip wallpaper but it is artex type plaster

tfs1
24-06-2017, 16:23
Thanks for that, it sounds a bit beyond me

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for that suggestion. The finish we have is a similar effect to woodchip wallpaper but it is artex type plaster

Good description, we had a couple of small areas lifting in our ground floor apartment internal wall, it was put down to some minor rising damp.

Underneath the plaster that was gradually lifting from the wall was furry 'stuff' that was clearly getting bigger pushing the plaster away from the wall. Repair wasn't a DIY job so I removed the affected areas and got a professional in to skim over the affected areas and he then used the system as mentioned by Delderek. He did a good job. Sadly since doing it another area is showing the same problem !

cressrt
24-06-2017, 16:38
It is quite normal here as properties very rarely have a DPC, unless you find the cause of the damp or put in a DPC it will keep returning. People often use tiles to cover the affected areas as well.

tfs1
24-06-2017, 17:16
It is quite normal here as properties very rarely have a DPC, unless you find the cause of the damp or put in a DPC it will keep returning. People often use tiles to cover the affected areas as well.

Thanks for that. We part-tiled our terrace walls due to the problem.

atchuy
23-10-2018, 08:51
I think you will need wood pattern wallpaper

wildwally
23-10-2018, 11:47
I think you will need wood pattern wallpaper

thanks we are now sorted