PDA

View Full Version : Other Lost Forum Member

Angusjim
05-07-2017, 08:41
Has anyone got information regarding the whereabouts of Ecky Thump last seen singing & dancing for money in the streets of Los Cristianos to pay for Carol55 drinking habit:wave:

lynno52
05-07-2017, 10:19
Rumour has it that the local population have got so fed up with them that they have pooled resources and had them deported to El Hierro:whistle:

warbey
05-07-2017, 20:15
I heard he was skipper of a wee ferry to the Isles.............................

blondie
06-07-2017, 09:13
I was in Largs at the beginning of this week , I did a guy with a dog and a guitar singing on a street corner .
As this is not the done thing in Largs, the police were quick to move them . Last seen on a ferry to Millport with his son as Captain .:laugh:

Ricman
06-07-2017, 12:56
Ah Largs, " Haste Ye Back " Lovely place in summer. Spent many very,very happy hours there & nearby when I was working on contract at Scotts Shipbuilding in Greenock.
Stayed at the Bay Hotel in Gourock during the week then Largs at the weekend. Evening trips from the pier down the Clyde on the Steamer - free beer & food if your friend worked in accounts at Caledonian Mac Brayne. In those days the crew were always tapping their fingers at my friend, they had a system whereby if someone was off sick the rest of the crew got a share of the missing peoples wages - apparently at CMs discretion - hence the short hand gesture, very strange.

Had a bit of trouble at Largs golf club once. Coming up the back 9 I hooked my drive & it went over the boundary wall, ah well thats another ten bob ball gone I thought but never mind. However when I came off the last hole there was a very angry Scotsman waiting for me & took me to see his car that had a large dent in the bonnet & a shattered windscreen - apparently caused when some idiot at the 15th had horribly hooked a golf ball over the wall & on to the road. Fortunately I was insured & it was sorted out, eventually.

I seem to remember playing at Skelmorlie on a 13 hole golf course & when I asked about this one guy said we are supposed to be able to see Ireland on a good day, so that is why ???

Suppose its all changed now & someone I spoke to here who lives around there said Scotts is now a supermarket. Happy days.

Angusjim
06-07-2017, 13:10
Ah Largs, " Haste Ye Back " Lovely place in summer. Spent many very,very happy hours there & nearby when I was working on contract at Scotts Shipbuilding in Greenock.
Stayed at the Bay Hotel in Gourock during the week then Largs at the weekend. Evening trips from the pier down the Clyde on the Steamer - free beer & food if your friend worked in accounts at Caledonian Mac Brayne. In those days the crew were always tapping their fingers at my friend, they had a system whereby if someone was off sick the rest of the crew got a share of the missing peoples wages - apparently at CMs discretion - hence the short hand gesture, very strange.

Had a bit of trouble at Largs golf club once. Coming up the back 9 I hooked my drive & it went over the boundary wall, ah well thats another ten bob ball gone I thought but never mind. However when I came off the last hole there was a very angry Scotsman waiting for me & took me to see his car that had a large dent in the bonnet & a shattered windscreen - apparently caused when some idiot at the 15th had horribly hooked a golf ball over the wall & on to the road. Fortunately I was insured & it was sorted out, eventually.

I seem to remember playing at Skelmorlie on a 13 hole golf course & when I asked about this one guy said we are supposed to be able to see Ireland on a good day, so that is why ???

Suppose its all changed now & someone I spoke to here who lives around there said Scotts is now a supermarket. Happy days.

Why did you not stay in Greenock its a lovely place:whistle::wink2:

LindaD
13-07-2017, 00:00
Why did you not stay in Greenock its a lovely place:whistle::wink2:

Or better still The Star Hotel in Montrose :eyebrows:

Ricman
13-07-2017, 11:03
Greenock a bit too much for me especially Gibb hill.

But I have stayed in Montrose & I think it was the Star Hotel IIRC. However what I do remember is that my friends had booked me into " The Directors Suite " in the hotel, amidst much ha ha & laughing. This tiny room was not much bigger than a phone box with en suite facilities elsewhere, shared by all the other guests. I was able to change channels on the black & white TV with my toes from inside the bed !The wardrobe was not much bigger than a Swan Vestas box. But I like Montrose.

warbey
13-07-2017, 19:16
Ive heard a rumour that Ecky is operating a camera in Cristianos, keeping
ann eye on Bikes and Passers by.

He sometimes emerges to eat at Linares, I think it's called and he has Carol as lookout.

If seen the Password is "Peanuts".

LindaD
13-07-2017, 20:45
Ive heard a rumour that Ecky is operating a camera in Cristianos, keeping
ann eye on Bikes and Passers by.

He sometimes emerges to eat at Linares, I think it's called and he has Carol as lookout.

If seen the Password is "Peanuts".

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:
Think Ecky will appreciate that!!!!

West mids tyke
14-07-2017, 09:25
sure i saw him pinned to the sign post at John o Groats shouting for help

warbey
14-07-2017, 20:03
If not seen soon, I am putting the word out at BLACKPOOL cos I seem to remember its good for busking

July and August when all the well heeled Scots arrive!! :twak::sunburn::sailor::sailor::sailor:

Sure he said he was going there.

junglejim
15-07-2017, 07:38
If not seen soon, I am putting the word out at BLACKPOOL cos I seem to remember its good for busking

July and August when all the well heeled Scots arrive!! :twak::sunburn::sailor::sailor::sailor:

Sure he said he was going there.

Yep! Glasgow Fair now , up the prices and half the portions ! Blackpool Ate itself over this !

blondie
15-07-2017, 16:08
We were there last weekend , never saw him or many Scots come to think of it . If we all stop going , they can close it down .
Mind you , by the looks of the place its half way there already , shame .

warbey
15-07-2017, 20:28
We were there last weekend , never saw him or many Scots come to think of it . If we all stop going , they can close it down .
Mind you , by the looks of the place its half way there already , shame .

If the Scots don't arrive they would be scratching I think.

Last visit (twixmas) we met a braw couple from Broughty Ferry

weather not too good either.

Can't remember if his name was Jim something..................or not:cheeky::cheeky::tiphat:

We live near enough to go there for the Day but it's not my favourate place..............

Carol55
04-11-2017, 19:25
I was in Largs at the beginning of this week , I did a guy with a dog and a guitar singing on a street corner .
As this is not the done thing in Largs, the police were quick to move them . Last seen on a ferry to Millport with his son as Captain .:laugh:

Ecky is still to be found on the street corners in Largs and then goodness knows where he goes with the money he earns....he tells me he's T-Total, so it's either drink he's spending his money on, or another woman and I wish her all the best! :laugh::wave:

lynno52
04-11-2017, 20:06
Ecky is still to be found on the street corners in Largs and then goodness knows where he goes with the money he earns....he tells me he's T-Total, so it's either drink he's spending his money on, or another woman and I wish her all the best! :laugh::wave:

:bowdown: :agree: :whistle:

warbey
04-11-2017, 21:29
Her name may be Linares. The No 1 That maybe a Titsa Bus.?

Welcome back Carol55.

LUCKY
15-11-2017, 12:00

Have i discovered? The gentleman in question.

blondie
20-11-2017, 16:47

Have i discovered? The gentleman in question.

Life has not been good to you Ecky since you left us :whistle:

warbey
20-11-2017, 21:18
Life has not been good to you Ecky since you left us :whistle:

A braw Santa though?:):)

Carol55
12-03-2018, 20:17
Her name may be Linares. The No 1 That maybe a Titsa Bus.?

Welcome back Carol55.

Thanks Warbs.:spin: