PDA

View Full Version : Other TITSA Bono Card

barryk
09-07-2017, 21:07
Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy a bono card in Golf del Sur or nearby. Someone suggested Harry's in San Blast may sell them.

Also does the free bus to Sam Mall still run from GDS, day and time if known
Thanks
Barry

junglejim
10-07-2017, 01:57
Can't help on Bono . don't know area .
This might help on Siam Mall

https://www.facebook.com/SiamMallTenerife/app/210349742476495/

or

http://ccsiammall.com/quienes-somos

cressrt
10-07-2017, 08:14
Disa garage in Las Chafiras

LUCKY
10-07-2017, 09:32
Tina's at san blas shop outside golf plaza, and yes the free bus to siam mall 10am thursdays from golf plaza returns 13.30 hrs :flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

bennoa1
11-07-2017, 12:59
Watch out because one of the "one stop" supermarkets tried to charge me a euro on top. This was in Torviscas. The one is San Eugenio didn't but I generally get them from the bus depot now.

junglejim
11-07-2017, 20:58
Watch out because one of the "one stop" supermarkets tried to charge me a euro on top. This was in Torviscas. The one is San Eugenio didn't but I generally get them from the bus depot now.
You should report it to Titsa , the shop gets a commission on the €15 price .
You can report from web or FB page .
A few exchange shops sell them at normal price too !

barryk
14-07-2017, 20:55
I had heard that the card was changing to a rechargable card which can have money loaded over the net. Anyone know when this is happening

bennoa1
14-07-2017, 21:10
I had heard that the card was changing to a rechargable card which can have money loaded over the net. Anyone know when this is happening

They were starting testing when we were out in May. I believe year end is the target, but this is Tenerife, so which year?

AndyG
14-07-2017, 21:53
I have been chosen as part of the pilot. I had to upload a photo which will be on my new contactless Tarjeta but as of now, the cards are not available and the email I got said they don't know exactly when they will be available ' due to the demand'. Apparently, I will get half price travel but only for the first month. Hopefully it will all start later in July or in August so they have enough time for the pilot to iron out any issues before they move over to this system fully in 2018.

imablue
14-07-2017, 22:01
This.............
www.canarianweekly.com/tenmas-cards-a-life/

Or This..even..
https://www.advartis.uk/latest-tenerife-news/2017/04/22/tenmas-new-tenerife-titsa-tranvia-contactless-payments-card/

AndyG
26-07-2017, 14:31
I got an email and a text today to say I can now collect my new tenmas Tarjeta from the Las Americas bus station. I'm planning on going tomorrow and hopefully I can then start using the card on Friday. Fingers crossed!

henry
26-07-2017, 20:59
I got an email and a text today to say I can now collect my new tenmas Tarjeta from the Las Americas bus station. I'm planning on going tomorrow and hopefully I can then start using the card on Friday. Fingers crossed!
luncky you wish i got the new card im dying to use mine. wonder how i can get one now?

AndyG
26-07-2017, 21:44
As far as I know, if you did not apply to be part of the trial period you will need to wait until the cards are made available generally. The full conversion from the current paper bono ticket to the new plastic Tarjeta is due to happen in January 2018 but of course this date may change! I will update this post in due course hopefully.

henry
26-07-2017, 22:16
i apply last month for it but i guess i was unlucky (sad face) :cry:

bennoa1
13-11-2017, 15:19
Any updates on the cards? I'm out in 5 weeks so will be using something to get about - cardboard probably.

AndyG
13-11-2017, 16:04
The existing bono bus tickets are still very widely used and I have not heard anything further about a date when they will change over to the new contactless plastic cards. The system did not work well for the first couple of months but recently it has been better, although not perfect. Today for example I had to ask the driver to validate my exit as the machine had stopped working. Last week a different driver insisted that my card had not validated properly on entrance so he took it from me and validated again. When I checked on the website, I had been charged twice for the journey. If I hear any update about a roll out of the plastic contactless cards, I will make sure that I post something on the forum.

ribuck
14-11-2017, 10:50
Titsa is still selling new BonoBus tickets with a validity of 12 months. So they will have to give at least 12 months notice before they stop using the existing system.

LUCKY
14-11-2017, 11:44
The existing bono bus tickets are still very widely used and I have not heard anything further about a date when they will change over to the new contactless plastic cards. The system did not work well for the first couple of months but recently it has been better, although not perfect. Today for example I had to ask the driver to validate my exit as the machine had stopped working. Last week a different driver insisted that my card had not validated properly on entrance so he took it from me and validated again. When I checked on the website, I had been charged twice for the journey. If I hear any update about a roll out of the plastic contactless cards, I will make sure that I post something on the forum.

Please do keep us all up to date .:flatcap::feret::feret::feret:6896

bennoa1
17-09-2018, 10:12
Coming out in a few weeks and just read that the Bono cards are no longer valid (after 3rd September) and that balances can be transferred to the new Ten+ card until 31st October. The cards are €2 and can be topped up online. I'm not sure if you need to be resident to buy them but I'll find out in 11 days.

barryk
17-09-2018, 10:36
They are available to non resident and can be purchased from local shops as per the bono card.
You may need to purchase from a bus station if you are looking to transfer credit from a bono card. I think this has to be done by 31 October 2018.
Visit tenmas.es for further details
Barrk

imablue
17-09-2018, 12:43
You need to validate the card before using it,best buy and verify it at the Titsa Booth in Los Cristianos or the Las Americas bus station.
Both points of sale are very efficient, in fact verifying and re loading credit was a doddle.

barryk
23-09-2018, 12:42
Are these cards a pain in ar_e.
Topped up on line on Wednesday still not showing on the account on Sunday. Still showing top up still pending and can't top up further. Money has been taken from the bank.
Anyone having similar problems??
Barrt

SeanC
15-11-2018, 19:44
Been aaaages since I had a peek in here. Good to see the forum is still afloat in this social media-crazed age.

Question - when us extranjeros go to register our ten mas card online, how have people got around the required field for a second surname? Reassuring to see the Cabildo thought of those of us without a segundo appellido when making the filling in of that field obligatory!

barryk
15-11-2018, 20:07
When I registered online I just put my surname in twice and it seemed to work. Suspect you could put your middle name in. The wesite has some strange habits like if you put credit on the card it does not appear on the website until you swipe the card on the bus. It blocks any further addition of credit until the first one has been swiped through.
It is not the best site but works

imablue
15-11-2018, 22:06
Yes I did exactly the same now I have two surnames ...well..well.
Not really ...but it worked fine.
As for looking up the balance left just note the amount on exiting the bus...

barryk
16-11-2018, 23:13
Are these cards a pain in ar_e.
Topped up on line on Wednesday still not showing on the account on Sunday. Still showing top up still pending and can't top up further. Money has been taken from the bank.
Anyone having similar problems??
Barrt

Credit will not show on the website untill you swipe the card on the bus. It will show as pending and will not let you add further credit until the card has been swiped

SeanC
19-11-2018, 13:49
barryk imablue Thanks for the clarification.

Tranvia Tenerife told me via Twitter that the segundo apellido field isn't obligatory rolleyes2: Oh, no it isn't! To which I replied :nono: oh, yes it is!
Well, it is almost panto season :wink:

I'm off to join the two surname brigade so :thanx: