PDA

View Full Version : Property Help with eviction of non-paying tenants

funster
21-07-2017, 08:57
Not sure which section to post this in. I am looking to hear from members who have had experience in evicting tenants for non-payment of rent. I now have a tenant a few months in arrears. The letting agent has been next to useless other than pointing me towards a lawyer who wants €2,000 up front and who tells me it could take a year to get the property back.

Whilst the contract states that any legal costs I incur would be for the tenant to pay, in reality we all know that this would not happen!

Thanks in advance, all advice and help greatly appreciated.

Leam_Lin
21-07-2017, 12:48
Not sure which section to post this in. I am looking to hear from members who have had experience in evicting tenants for non-payment of rent. I now have a tenant a few months in arrears. The letting agent has been next to useless other than pointing me towards a lawyer who wants €2,000 up front and who tells me it could take a year to get the property back.

Whilst the contract states that any legal costs I incur would be for the tenant to pay, in reality we all know that this would not happen!

Thanks in advance, all advice and help greatly appreciated.

Forget to pay the water & electric bills!

galracer
22-07-2017, 08:17
You could always try to forget to pay the water and electricity bill (You can't afford it is the best excuse) but be prepared in case the tenant has kids who are under 16, it may take more than a year to evict her or upto 5 years (unless the laws have changed). Goodluck.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tony the Welder
22-07-2017, 08:20
hi funster looks like your not having a lot off fun . sorry on hearing about your problem . cutting off water and electric is really a no no. now if you think you have a water leak that is different and if the main fuse blows not your problem. in the good old days i would say wait till they go out then change the locks placing everything they own out side wait till they come back then tell them to f... off . presuming you have all ready asked them to leave.i believe the legal way as know been fast tracked and when they are 3 months in arrears they can be evicted. a letter from a lawyer telling them court action is in motion may also do the trick . if you do have to take court action no need for a lawyer you can just use a professional translator i have use maddie a few times you can contact her on 922 735346 mobile 674 669 220 good look on getting rid