PDA

View Full Version : Where as everyone gone

LUCKY
14-08-2017, 17:54
As the the title states . ???

5 members and 120 guests

Most users ever online was 3437, 05-10-2015 at 02:22.

:flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

Richj
14-08-2017, 18:50
I hope people continue to use the site because it enables new expats to sort out any start up issues they may encounter . This site has been so useful because of the number of previous threads in the database .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blondie
14-08-2017, 18:55
Yes Lucky I was just thinking that yesterday . I think our forum will soon be no more , this is the quietest I have ever seen it . Its such a shame as
it was so informative plus there were so many characters on here it was always good for a laugh albeit it was always taking the proverbial p out of each other :laugh:

Richj
14-08-2017, 18:59
One example of help I need, regarding buying a motorbike and keeping it road legal. I bet the forum members will have answers for me.

AndyG
14-08-2017, 19:07
I guess many are on holiday? My bus on Tenerife at 9.40 this morning was packed all the way to Los Cris with many people standing from Playa Arena all the way through. Very surprising as Aug is usually one of the quieter months as people can get sun much cheaper in mainland Europe in the summer months.

Ricman
15-08-2017, 10:18
An interesting point from Andy that. Always looked upon Tenerife as being primarily a winter holiday resort. Years ago lots of bars etc. closed down here for the staff to go on holiday in July & August with the odd tourist down from the Peninsular.

However the place now seems to be packed with UK & northern european holidaymakers. Why ?

My own experience last year was in Ibiza but far from being cheap, everything was really expensive except the cost of getting there.

helena246
15-08-2017, 10:51
one of the reasons it is quiet on here is " in my opinion " that certain persons mostly 2 were allowed to reply to posts in an aggressive and confrontational manner. These are the people that have destroyed this forum maybe they were doing this to cause permanent harm to this community and they may well have been successful.

Richj
15-08-2017, 11:03
Well, to honest I was thinking that very samething. However you have said it on my behalf. I agree with your sentiment. All posts should be of a helpful nature. We just all need answers to our problems not put downs. Or made to feel silly.

blondie
15-08-2017, 15:00
Everything has changed on the holiday front due to the mass exodus from Egypt,Turkey and Tunisia . I wish they would open up to tourists again
and them maybe we will get back to more realistic prices as well . The way they are pricing holidays at the moment they are out of reach for a lot
of folk whose second home was Tenerife .

mangono5
15-08-2017, 17:58
Agree with sentiment expressed by some others Too many pi....s takers. If you want to get help on a subject and trawl through all the old threads there is just so many crap comments and very few helpful answers...great through for the few helpful ones

willowlily
15-08-2017, 18:34
one of the reasons it is quiet on here is " in my opinion " that certain persons mostly 2 were allowed to reply to posts in an aggressive and confrontational manner. These are the people that have destroyed this forum maybe they were doing this to cause permanent harm to this community and they may well have been successful.

i agree, but also think that if you use this forum for advice only it is selfish as you are not contributing, if we have found help on this forum we should be prepared to log on sometimes and maybe think can we give advise to other members.

Richj
15-08-2017, 18:41
I agree with the last post, you have made a very valid point . Hopefully, folks will be happy to freely contribute and their posts will be respected and maybe help someone out.

Richj
15-08-2017, 18:48
Ok I'm putting it out there!! Where can I get Uk TV without getting a contract??? It's the holy grail of a wannabe Tenerifian[emoji7]

warbey
15-08-2017, 19:16
Ok I'm putting it out there!! Where can I get Uk TV without getting a contract??? It's the holy grail of a wannabe Tenerifian[emoji7]

I have seen a Program to achieve that. Some fiddling around to make the system think you are in the U.K. is needed.
I'll see if I can find it but prob a few days.

As a Member for about 8 years, Ive seen many come and go. There are still a few who visit, and yes there are some silly posts.

Most were people who didnt stick to the thread and it was annoying, but most were also decent, helpful people so it was ignored.

Unfortunately its biggest strength was a group of Moderators who were nice decnt people too, who let things go a bit but were

there to help when required. One died and I think health reasons got the others. Now things can be delayed somewhat.

Richj
15-08-2017, 19:26
I would like to see your info later if possible. I can say that lots of uk residents are looking at Tenerife as a option for lifestyle changes. But people will come and go with any forum. My advice is if any people want to comment on genuine issues then this forum is the forum for you. However if you just want idle chit chat from your armchair in the U.K. Then use what's app. I've said my bit and need to now enjoy my forum membership.

tub
15-08-2017, 19:28
i started to use this forum a few years ago and found it very helpful it is a pity to see it going down like this but perhaps there is still time to get it back where it was i hope so

Megaloo
15-08-2017, 19:31

I have a box that I bought from Paul Wilson in the South 110Euros gives me all the UK TV I need plus Sky etc no monthly payments but he gives an excellent back up service if you have any queries on FreeTV Tenerife on FB
Not sure if that is what you are looking for

Richj
15-08-2017, 19:42
How does it connect to the service. If it's wifi then I don't have That available in the apartment at the moment. But my friend has just told me they use a small Ariel?? I need a bit more Info. Maybe forum member Tshirt can advise. He is a great Tecky .

Tshirt
15-08-2017, 21:23
How does it connect to the service. If it's wifi then I don't have That available in the apartment at the moment. But my friend has just told me they use a small Ariel?? I need a bit more Info. Maybe forum member Tshirt can advise. He is a great Tecky .

I wish. Unfortunately I don't live in Tenerife so I've no idea what TV systems are available. My only thought is to buy an Android TV box but of course you would need a decent internet connection which you say you haven't got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tshirt
15-08-2017, 21:41
Forum member JaBBa is your man

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Megaloo
15-08-2017, 22:37

Yes it works through the internet I have fibre optics so lucky I have very good speed , but think they work with a speed of 3.5 but you would probably get some buffering, I used to have the box that did not need internet but that was off if we had bad weather

duende
16-08-2017, 00:21

https://www.firstone.tv/Index

Also TVPlayer.com but you'll need a VPN

Richj
16-08-2017, 07:48
Thanks all for the info. Just at present I don't have fibre or wifi in my place. My friend has a small Ariel attached to his place. I need to find out a bit more about this. My community are not keen on attaching items to the build so I may need to make the Ariel portable. I will do a bit more research next week when I am there. Thanks again.

helena246
16-08-2017, 08:40
Thanks all for the info. Just at present I don't have fibre or wifi in my place. My friend has a small Ariel attached to his place. I need to find out a bit more about this. My community are not keen on attaching items to the build so I may need to make the Ariel portable. I will do a bit more research next week when I am there. Thanks again.

This could be interesting as up to a few weeks ago i had the 4 main uk channels at parque tropical los cris plus more 4, pick sky, and a few other english speaking channels through my ariel point, it has now gone completely, i tried a friends box which works in their community they also do not have wifi like and it works for them but not for me. i use a dongle from the uk for internet which gives a speed which suits me ( albeit downloading is time consuming and not always possible ) it would be wonderful to find a way to get these channels back without having to install wifi and pay a monthly subscription for uk tv
If anyone has this holy grail knowledge please impart it to us and we promise to log in on a daily basis to keep this forum going.

JaBBa
16-08-2017, 10:31

I can supply you a pay as you go service, which also works any where in the world, as long you have a decent internet connection...

helena246
16-08-2017, 13:45
You should ask the president of your complex,in Tropical 1 (think there are two presidents) as one side has had fibre optic installed.

yes my block does have fibre optics but i am not connected to it and would prefer not to.

jameslavin1982
22-08-2017, 11:50

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf you've got Internet access, and an android phone, download mobdro and terrarium. Then buy a little gadget called a chrome cast on eBay to plug in the back of your TV and you're all set, every TV channel in the world, let alone just the uk

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Richj
22-08-2017, 21:27
Ahh this sounds very interesting, thanks very much[emoji106]