PDA

View Full Version : Airbnb risks huge fines as Tourist Law kicks in

Canarian Weekly
18-08-2017, 12:10
RENTAL accommodation websites such as Airbnb are still displaying more than 45,000 adverts for unlicensed flats, it has been revealed. It comes on the week the government of the Balearic Islands gave the online rental platforms a 15-day ultimatum to comply with its new Tourist Law. Companies such as Homeaway and Airbnb had a fortnight […]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/airbnb-risks-huge-fines-tourist-law-kicks/)

willowlily
18-08-2017, 12:56
Is this not the same as the tenerife government did a few years back. But after the initial scare and people being fines people living on residential communities will tell you that renting out unlicenced flats to holiday makers is rife here in tenerife. you would be blind not to see the myriad of different families coming at all hours with their noisy suitcases they are certainly not all family and friends here on dinastia. i have been asked a few times in the entrance hall if i was the agent for their holiday accom.

helena246
18-08-2017, 17:19
Is this not the same as the tenerife government did a few years back. But after the initial scare and people being fines people living on residential communities will tell you that renting out unlicenced flats to holiday makers is rife here in tenerife. you would be blind not to see the myriad of different families coming at all hours with their noisy suitcases they are certainly not all family and friends here on dinastia. i have been asked a few times in the entrance hall if i was the agent for their holiday accom.

Believe me Lily it is not the only place it happens.