PDA

View Full Version : Internet Fibra optica - Movistar increasing prices after subscribing

mlun
03-09-2017, 07:49
We got the Fusion 50MB package with two mobiles back in December 2016. This works great, but it bothers me that Movistar shortly after the 6 month period, with 50% discount, suddenly and silently raised the price from the normal price (excl. IVA) when we contracted of 41,3€ to 45,5€ (10% increase). When I checked the current market price for new subscribers I discovered that today the same package as I bought - however now better with added TV - has a price tag of 37,2 (excl. IVA). So basically new customers today are getting a 20% discount, and actually even more considering the added TV package!!
Wouldn't a 10% increase in itself not be enough to cancel the old contract and request to be priced according to the new prices? have any of you had luck to get the new prices?
Thanks.

mlun
05-09-2017, 16:53
We got the Fusion 50MB package with two mobiles back in December 2016. This works great, but it bothers me that Movistar shortly after the 6 month period, with 50% discount, suddenly and silently raised the price from the normal price (excl. IVA) when we contracted of 41,3€ to 45,5€ (10% increase). When I checked the current market price for new subscribers I discovered that today the same package as I bought - however now better with added TV - has a price tag of 37,2 (excl. IVA). So basically new customers today are getting a 20% discount, and actually even more considering the added TV package!!
Wouldn't a 10% increase in itself not be enough to cancel the old contract and request to be priced according to the new prices? have any of you had luck to get the new prices?
Thanks.

A little follow-up: Called 1004 and asked if I could change to the new Fusion #0 package that is identical to what I have now, expect being 20% cheaper and more comprehensive (includes television). This was o.k. said the agent, but I had to go to the shop and cancel what I have now and make a subscription for the Fusion #0. But as the kind agent warned me, I should expect to be without internet for some days due to this :eyebrows::redcard::wow::bootyshake: Jesus F...... C.....! Really spanish cheating of the worst kind.

When asking why they had increased the price for my package with 10% he said that this was due to that they had increased the monthly data allowance for the first mobile from 2GB to 4GB. Could not be changed back!

Are Movistar monopolists in this area or do other providers have access to the fiber network? Has anyone tried to change package, and how does it work in practice??