PDA

View Full Version : Tenmas Card

barryk
04-09-2017, 21:03
Hi
Does anyone know if this card (bonocard replacement) is available yet and where can it be purchased
Regards
Barryk

imablue
04-09-2017, 21:32
Supposedly available in January 2018, this may help..
https://www.advartis.uk/latest-tenerife-news/2017/04/22/tenmas-new-tenerife-titsa-tranvia-contactless-payments-card/

It does say in this that they will be available from September 2017...not heard or read anything else.

AndyG
05-09-2017, 06:45
I am part of the trial and to be honest I will be shocked if they are anywhere near ready to start rolling it out, based on my experiences. The card works fine when you validate at the entrance but in 5 weeks of use ( I use the buses at least 5 days per week) I have only validated it myself at the exit twice! Usually the exit machine either says it has not validated the exit or does not work at all. In either case I then have to get down to the front of the bus to ask the driver to validate the exit and this creates it own problems! Sometimes, if people are getting on when I want to get off, it isn't easy to get to the front of the bus anyway. Some drivers have no idea how to validate the exit and others, in trying, have ended up charging an additional fare! I have been in regular contact with the tenmas customer services people ( by email as my Spanish is not good enough to speak with them on the phone) and have received refunds for most of the overcharged journeys. They also have a problem with pricing as my return journey is consistently charged €0.10 more than my outward journey. I have queried this several times but they insist that the charge is correct even though when I use a paper bono I get charged the correct lower fare. They don't seem to understand that I am not querying the fare to obtain a refund but to avoid them getting a large number of queries if the prices are wrong when they roll out on a large scale.

imablue
05-09-2017, 10:30
Not seen anybody using the tenmas but we only use the bus 460-417 at the most once a week.

AndyG
05-09-2017, 18:47
We have not seen anyone else using them either! It was really funny on the 473 today to see lots of signs in Spanish and English reminding people that they must validate their journey before they exit! If only the machines would work!