PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got any weight loss tips?

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2011, 17:52
Sitting in my office all day is not good for my waist line and I have to be honest and admit I am a bit of a porker!
Anyone got any good weight loss tips?

howard thornton
24-06-2011, 17:58
Sitting in my office all day is not good for my waist line and I have to be honest and admit I am a bit of a porker!
Anyone got any good weight loss tips? eat and drink less, and get some exercise fattie. lol

eat and drink less, and get some exercise fattie. lol

if only i could practice what i preach.

CIM
24-06-2011, 18:03
Too many sausages I think!
Have you tried that thing the fat bloke does in the full monty where he wraps cellophane aroud his lardy tummy?

tracey
24-06-2011, 18:05
Buy a bike and cycle to work

howard thornton
24-06-2011, 18:06
Too many sausages I think!
Have you tried that thing the fat bloke does in the full monty where he wraps cellophane aroud his lardy tummy?

yes that was a cracker, anti fat ******* cream, it doesn't work. when you shaving your head for the dogs then?

dokgolf
24-06-2011, 18:09
cut out booze, pasta, bread ( incl biscuits ) and only 1 potatoe per day ( in any form). This cuts out the majority of your carbs so if you are lacking in energy, you may want to add a couple of whole wheat bread daily

and exercise particularly use light weights. Your muscles are fat burning factories!:)

CIM
24-06-2011, 18:11
cut out booze, pasta, bread ( incl biscuits ) and only 1 potatoe per day ( in any form).

that should be easy enough for him then - in other words he just needs to cut out his mid morning snack!

Red Devil
24-06-2011, 18:12

Cut portion sizes by a third, eat more protein and cut out the carbs, ie no bread and potatoes, drink lots of water

Fred Perry
24-06-2011, 18:29
Eat like a King for breakfast, a prince for lunch and a puaper for evening food.

dede
24-06-2011, 18:30
Just get yourself a good corset:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Chivas Regal
24-06-2011, 18:32
Have 8 pie and chips a day instead of nine!

howard thornton
24-06-2011, 18:35
Have 8 pie and chips a day instead of nine!

thats what i like about this forum, you get such good advice.how many pints can you have with that diet?

CIM
24-06-2011, 18:35
I walked in the office today and he had the phone in one hand and burger and chips in the other....

Sal
24-06-2011, 18:41
eat and drink less, and get some exercise fattie. lol

if only i could practice what i preach.

Just what I need - back in UK and time to work out and not dine out every day!!! :jumping:

Chivas Regal
24-06-2011, 18:54
thats what i like about this forum, you get such good advice.how many pints can you have with that diet?

Simply put, if you usually have 10 pints a day then cutting it down to 8 pints a day will get you a six pack in no time at all!

howard thornton
24-06-2011, 18:58
Simply put, if you usually have 10 pints a day then cutting it down to 8 pints a day will get you a six pack in no time at all!

i don't need any more 6 packs, i got a garage full of em , john smiths.

Chivas Regal
24-06-2011, 19:00
i don't need any more 6 packs, i got a garage full of em , john smiths.

4 crates for 25 quid at Tesco by any chance?

MICH
24-06-2011, 19:13

Stay at home with the kids for the next 11 weeks, believe me after just week i am sure you will notice a difference!!!!!!!!!

" Dad, i need a drink" Dad, i am hungry!!!" Dad!!! Dad!!! Dad!!!

and if that doesnt work you could always join in, in the housework!!!

Who needs excercise?? Swap roles with me lol lol

Seriously, now a weight tip from me ( your wife) Go for a walk of a night time!!! Once it cools down of course!!

Goforgold
24-06-2011, 19:16
It's blady hard to lose weight AND keep it off. :( I don't believe in cutting out potatoes. A baked potato with a low fat filling and lots of salad is very filling (if you are in a dieting frame of mind!!). That is the key, you have to really want to lose weight - it's all in the head!! Can be done but, not easy!!! It also means no alcohol. You can drink but that uses up valuable 'food' calories which you need to keep a diet going for any length of time to make it worthwhile.

MICH
24-06-2011, 19:23
It's blady hard to lose weight AND keep it off. :( I don't believe in cutting out potatoes. A baked potato with a low fat filling and lots of salad is very filling (if you are in a dieting frame of mind!!). That is the key, you have to really want to lose weight - it's all in the head!! Can be done but, not easy!!! It also means no alcohol. You can drink but that uses up valuable 'food' calories which you need to keep a diet going for any length of time to make it worthwhile.

I agree, its what you eat and when you eat it. Excercise is hard especially when your working all day and this heat doesnt help!! Its trying to get a good balance of everything, and keeping it up!!
I prepare most of Young Golfers meals, and anyone who has tried my cooking will wonder why he hasnt lost loads of weight!!! lol

primrose
24-06-2011, 19:31
Stay at home with the kids for the next 11 weeks, believe me after just week i am sure you will notice a difference!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, now a weight tip from me ( your wife) Go for a walk of a night time!!! Once it cools down of course!!

And wear your new united top think how proud you will feel with that on now you have crossed over.:devil::devil:

murph
24-06-2011, 19:34

...or a bad woman!!!! :D:whistle:

MICH
24-06-2011, 19:34

Oh and i dont mean a walk to the pub!!! :eyebrows:

primrose
24-06-2011, 19:41
Oh and i dont mean a walk to the pub!!! :eyebrows:

He will never be out of The Plough now.:whistle::whistle:

Pink shoes
24-06-2011, 19:50
Diet tips include drink more water. No snacking unless it is fruit. Eat less dinner.

You could try what I do? eat 2/3 of my dinner and then put the rest in the dog bowl. The mutt waits patiently every day by my feet till dinner is over and then runs to get to his bowl first.

with cheese
24-06-2011, 19:51
Loads of water, wash it down and thru.

Stop being a salad dodger.

warbey
24-06-2011, 19:58
Mich is right Y.G.. A walk in the cool of the Evening. By Yourself not much good. If You havent one, borrow a Dog (Plenty of those).
A swift half (for the Dog) and it will obey Your commands.
Funn9ly enough, the Day I met You You were busy, and Mich kept us entertained for a While. so You do do things.

,Slimming is a Discipline over Time. Examine what You do versus what You should do.
Alter SOME then wait and see. Too quick is painful and causes a Yo Yo weight effect.
The Day We met up, We walked to Torviscas then walked back. No Car.
We always get home fitter than when We left. Not sure about thinner though..!!!!

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2011, 20:21
Don't really know what to say after all the kind advice given by you guys...well in fact i have a few things to say.

1.CIM or HEFFALUMPY STOP hacking into my account.
2.I have lost a stone the last month....
3.I have not stopped all week at work and have been very busy showing clients property..so not really been in the office much.

But i do know TWO people who have CIM AND HEFFALUMPY....:mad:

Think on facebook they call it FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

But to all you caring members i am doing very well with my weight and exersise is also very good...and thanks for your concern.

Lastly just got back from work and my WIFE said i was brave putting on such a thread and in fact thought it was me..... until i just told her.:stupid:

Right time for a curry and a pint....

Pink shoes
24-06-2011, 20:49
Young Golfer are you shy? Plenty more tips comming your way.

with cheese
24-06-2011, 20:53
Denial is not good YG, admitting is a start accepting your problem. If its drink you have an issue with, contact AA, Gambling, GA. Weight, FF.

CIM
24-06-2011, 21:12
Is there a Tenerife fat fighters???
You might have to pay double the membership but could be a good place to start.
I think you have done the right thing posting on the forum - very brave indeed. Admitting you have a massive (literally) problem is the first step :hungry:

princessmonika
24-06-2011, 21:20
eat and drink less

dokgolf
24-06-2011, 21:26
Don't really know what to say after all the kind advice given by you guys...well in fact i have a few things to say.

1.CIM or HEFFALUMPY STOP hacking into my account.
2.I have lost a stone the last month....

:D:D
Thats brilliant, mean but brilliant!

YOUNG GOLFER
24-06-2011, 21:27
Ok as i have said before i am doing very well with my weight...

However if anyone would like to sponsor me to lose another stone in weight i would be happy to try. give half the money to the forum to help keep it running and the rest to CATS .

And maybe get CIM to have a head shave for a charity of his choice.

game on guys:eyebrows::eyebrows:

dede
24-06-2011, 21:32
Ok as i have said before i am doing very well with my weight...

However if anyone would like to sponsor me to lose another stone in weight i would be happy to try. give half the money to the forum to help keep it running and the rest to CATS .

And maybe get CIM to have a head shave for a charity of his choice.

game on guys:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Well that would be a sure way for him to get rid of his grey coming through.....

marbro8
24-06-2011, 21:48
I walked in the office today and he had the phone in one hand and burger and chips in the other....ahhhh i see the problem, lose the phone:eyebrows:, if you eat a lot of chips then invest in a tefal actyfry, there are less calories in a portion of chips in one of those than a jacket spud with butter,if your budget does not extend to one then peal the spuds and cut them up into chips then boil them untill tender, then spread them on a tray and spray them with one cal and put them in the oven on the highest setting untill golden brown, mmmm lovely

onelegnofeet
24-06-2011, 22:01
I went to the doctors about my weight ,he said you've tried most diets without success ,theres a new one where you put the food up your bum .Come back next week .
I went back and i had lost half a stone,he said any side effects i said no ,he told me to come back the following week ,again i had lost weight ............
The doctor said right keep going until you get down to your desired weight ..........
Three weeks later i'm walking down the street when the doctor pulls up ,OMG i told you to come back with any side effects and just look how your walking !!!
Thats not a side effect i said ...................I'm chewing a Toffee

ally9997
24-06-2011, 22:07
Hi,

Why don t you try a spin class great cv workout !!!!!

ally

onelegnofeet
24-06-2011, 22:14
Hi,

Why don t you try a spin class great cv workout !!!!!

ally

He gives SPIN allday .................has no effect on his weight ,well apart from his wallet !!!!lol

jas
24-06-2011, 22:22
my weight has yo yo-ed all my life, fat baby, thin gangly child, obese teenager and skinny in my twenties thirties and forties,gaining weight by the second in my fifties

cut out all snacks, pig out on fruits, salads and veg
avoid fizzy drinks, alcohol when at all possible, sugar in tea/coffee
drink water to quench thirst, try apple juice (unsweetened) grapefruit juice
avoid red meat, eat small quantities of fish chicken
boil not fry

i tend to lose weight if i am stressed
exercise more
be sensible

all in all, be a stresshead, a gym freak, a natural food nut,teetotal, boring
or just be yourself

canarybird
24-06-2011, 23:49
Eat protein to keep you feeling fuller longer. Chicken breast, fish, low fat cheese, 2 eggs per week.

Eat a low carb snack mid morning and mid afternoon every day without fail. This is one of the most important rules that my dietitian made when I was following a weight loss diet. Examples: glass skim milk, piece of fresh goat cheese, asparagus, pear.
It keeps your hunger triggers quiet so you don't snack on the wrong things or eat more at a meal.

A thick chunky soup of meat or chicken and vegetables will take longer to digest than that same food eaten separately on a plate, so you feel fuller longer. So put your dinner in a blender and make it into a soup.

Don't eat anything after 7 pm. Have your main meal early in the day so you burn off calories before going to bed. Drink plenty of water.

Avoid baked and fried potatoes and high starch vegetables as well as white bread and beer which are two of the worst items for putting on weight.

A baked potato is very high on the glycemic index. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index)
You can eat the same potato steamed or boiled and it's going to be less fattening. Avoid carrots, watermelon and bananas - they're high in sugar.

Walk an hour a day.

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 08:17
I agree, its what you eat and when you eat it. Excercise is hard especially when your working all day and this heat doesnt help!! Its trying to get a good balance of everything, and keeping it up!!
I prepare most of Young Golfers meals, and anyone who has tried my cooking will wonder why he hasnt lost loads of weight!!! lol

:) :) :)

There was a great thread started last year by IPM and forum members put on what they'd eaten that day. I found that a great help and I lost the 10 pound I needed to and kept it off for quite a few months. Unfortunately it's gradually creeping back on and I now need to lose 6 pound - doesn't sound much to lose, but to keep an eating regime going just isn't happening at the moment. I read Young Golfer's thread and I'm going to give it another try today - the evenings are my problem, that's when I have to get the car out and find the nearest sweet shop!!! :(

tactileman
25-06-2011, 09:10
You are obviously on the famous "seafood" diet, see food and eat it!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

tonypub
25-06-2011, 09:17
live with tarw

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:19
live with tarw

'C'mon, theres another week left in that butter if we scrape the pot hard enough'

CIM
25-06-2011, 09:24

There was a great thread started last year by IPM and forum members put on what they'd eaten that day.

Good idea for most but not sure it will help Young Golfer as the forum has a maximum word count which he would easily go over if he did this... any other ideas for our greedy friend?

Angusjim
25-06-2011, 09:27

Get off your lazy **** and do some work and stop going along to Canarian mate's cafe and stuffing your face simples !! :hungry::lol::lol:

with cheese
25-06-2011, 09:40
live with tarw

Its the likes of you that makes us blokes put weight on, force feeding us beer.

CIM, is low fat YG eat him, or is he.

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:45
Is it just me that would rather have less cakes than less beer?

with cheese
25-06-2011, 09:48
Cake and beer don't mix, so beer comes out on top.

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:53
Cake and beer don't mix, so beer comes out on top.

off topic, I am actually eating some gouda cheese right now! :)

with cheese
25-06-2011, 09:55
I will be in the villages of Gouda and Edam in 3 weeks.

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:59
I will be in the villages of Gouda and Edam in 3 weeks.

Sounds like you're going dutch!!!

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2011, 10:33

There was a great thread started last year by IPM and forum members put on what they'd eaten that day. I found that a great help and I lost the 10 pound I needed to and kept it off for quite a few months. Unfortunately it's gradually creeping back on and I now need to lose 6 pound - doesn't sound much to lose, but to keep an eating regime going just isn't happening at the moment. I read Young Golfer's thread and I'm going to give it another try today - the evenings are my problem, that's when I have to get the car out and find the nearest sweet shop!!! :(

Hi goforgold,
Its not my thread this was started by the forums biggest TROLL CIM....i am very happy with my body and so are the women:eyebrows:

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 12:19
Good idea for most but not sure it will help Young Golfer as the forum has a maximum word count which he would easily go over if he did this... any other ideas for our greedy friend? :) :) :)

:idea: - after I posted I decided to back to the eating regime I did a few months ago which worked. :hungry: So i went to the gym in case the promised heatwave comes this afters - not here yet!!! Went to Morrison's bought 3 packets of mixed lettuce, bananas, apples and a bottle of Carolan's (won't pay Bailey's prices!!). So now it will be 3 cappos a day with a slug of Carolan's, bananas and Melba Toast, homemade soup/Melba toast, baked spuddie with low fat cheese spread plus apple with chicken or fish - sprinkled with aniseed balls when the hunger pangs start!! :)

Get Young Golfer to try this one - it worked for me!! :)

Suej
25-06-2011, 16:12

:idea: - after I posted I decided to back to the eating regime I did a few months ago which worked. :hungry: So i went to the gym in case the promised heatwave comes this afters - not here yet!!! Went to Morrison's bought 3 packets of mixed lettuce, bananas, apples and a bottle of Carolan's (won't pay Bailey's prices!!). So now it will be 3 cappos a day with a slug of Carolan's, bananas and Melba Toast, homemade soup/Melba toast, baked spuddie with low fat cheese spread plus apple with chicken or fish - sprinkled with aniseed balls when the hunger pangs start!! :)

Get Young Golfer to try this one - it worked for me!! :)

I prefer your ideas for putting on pounds GFG! :hungry:

Heffalumpy
25-06-2011, 16:17

Best thing is NOT, I REPEAT NOT come up here for food then!!!
I am only just half way through homemade carrot cake, still have half Xmas cake left, also some Xmas pudding, plus a box of millionare shortbread... DIET .. Stuff it I like being cuddly xx

Suej
25-06-2011, 16:21
Best thing is NOT, I REPEAT NOT come up here for food then!!!
I am only just half way through homemade carrot cake, still have half Xmas cake left, also some Xmas pudding, plus a box of millionare shortbread... DIET .. Stuff it I like being cuddly xx

Never dieted and never will....:hungry:

Goforgold
25-06-2011, 16:27
Hi goforgold,
Its not my thread this was started by the forums biggest TROLL CIM....i am very happy with my body and so are the women:eyebrows:

Only just noticed this post YG!!!! :) Well at least the thread got me started on my new regime today!!! :) So far only had 3 cappos, one without and two with!!!!! :) Not hungry either.

Added after 4 minutes:

I prefer your ideas for putting on pounds GFG! :hungry:

I remember on that Impy thread Cainaries saying she would put weight on with what I ate - but as long as I don't eat more than 1500 cals a day it works. I just needed someone to get me started - thanks CIM!!!! :turkey:

KirstyJay
25-06-2011, 17:00
Hi goforgold,

Which women might they be then? I noticed you used the plural.... I will let your lovely wife know, as she's sat around the pool from me right now. :D

PS she's just said she's on the way home and would like to know how the garden's getting on... :whistle:

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2011, 17:07
I am busy in the garden and t-shirt off full of sweat...bit like the guy on the diet coke advert :whistle::whistle:

sunspot
25-06-2011, 17:08
I am busy in the garden and t-shirt off full of sweat...bit like the guy on the diet coke advert :whistle::whistle:

ummmmmmmmm sounds nice

KirstyJay
25-06-2011, 18:07
...bit like the guy on the diet coke advert :whistle::whistle:except a few kilos heavier :D

Zara
25-06-2011, 18:12

This one ? http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7jg16_BdJ94/S6tuz38gnxI/AAAAAAAACVk/46SGIyY_leU/s400/diet+coke+ad.jpg

Oh NO not this one http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/fat-guy-coke-ad.jpg :crazy::crazy:

KirstyJay
25-06-2011, 18:23
Oh NO not this one http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Funny/fat-guy-coke-ad.jpg :crazy::crazy:

Yeah, that's him. :D

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2011, 18:51
Yeah, that's him. :D

The first one is a little like me...

The 2nd is a double for CIM...apart from this guy has no grey.

warbey
25-06-2011, 19:16
Y.G. You need to keep fit too, whoever is posting...
I remember being on a beach with the Tide out. My Son and I went looking for the Water
going quite some way out. I remembered that the Tide came along a channel much nearer the Beach so suggested We trotted back.
My Son was 12 or 13 at the time.
He left Me standing. I used to be pretty good at Cross Country but realised then I was finished regarding Fitness.
Join a Gym. Every little helps.

YOUNG GOLFER
25-06-2011, 19:23
Y.G. You need to keep fit too, whoever is posting...
I remember being on a beach with the Tide out. My Son and I went looking for the Water
going quite some way out. I remembered that the Tide came along a channel much nearer the Beach so suggested We trotted back.
My Son was 12 or 13 at the time.
He left Me standing. I used to be pretty good at Cross Country but realised then I was finished regarding Fitness.
Join a Gym. Every little helps.

Well i am not into looking for water thanks mate lol.

And until i was ill a few weeks back i did go to the gym but to be honest things are very busy at work and with the heat this week i have put it off til next week....but today i have tiled all day and will on Sunday so dont worry i am not sitting about lol.

But i would like to thank everyone for your concerns over my weight but let's not forget one of my so called mates started this thread...

Heff or CIM.:mad::mad::mad::eyebrows:

reggie
25-06-2011, 20:07
Its at times like these, i'm glad i look like steve McQueen, the king of cool, :crylaughing:

TheBloke
25-06-2011, 20:15
Go on the dysentery diet recommended by Roger Mellie.........**** yourself thin.:lol::lol::lol:

Elvis
24-11-2011, 17:18
If you want to reduce the weight very quickly than you must follow these tips.
Drink plenty of water
Do exercise daily
Avoid to eat fast food
Eat healthy and good quality food
Don't eat before going to sleep

Goforgold
24-11-2011, 18:08
Or eat less than you need!!! :)

tonypub
24-11-2011, 18:45
just dont eat

tizzywizzy
24-11-2011, 21:19
Drink plenty of water
Do exercise daily
Avoid to eat fast food

Are you some diet doctor?

DaveRF
24-11-2011, 21:26
Eat less! Simples!

MaxineC
24-11-2011, 21:37
Are you some diet doctor?

Damn, you beat me to it! :D 4 posts and all diet related... Have the mods sent him in to whip us all into shape ???

YOUNG GOLFER
24-11-2011, 21:46
Drink plenty of water
Do exercise daily
Avoid to eat fast food

I do most of the above but sometimes when you are really busy at work it's hard to do these things daily.
Anyway give us a song Elvis.

karinagal
24-11-2011, 22:01
Drink plenty of water
Do exercise daily
Avoid to eat fast food

Problem is Elvis, losing weight very quickly is a bad thing to do. Any weight loss plan should aim to help you lose between 1 and 2 pounds per week. If you lose weight too quickly, you can end up losing vital muscle rather than fat... It can cause more serious problems than it solves...

YOUNG GOLFER
24-11-2011, 22:08
Problem is Elvis, losing weight very quickly is a bad thing to do. Any weight loss plan should aim to help you lose between 1 and 2 pounds per week. If you lose weight too quickly, you can end up losing vital muscle rather than fat... It can cause more serious problems than it solves...

Great post and very true..i have been playing Padel Tennis for 4 months and yes i feel fitter but not much change body wise....but the last two weeks i have walked to work most days around 5 miles and i feel really good it's strange but i am becoming to realise walking is the best thing ever.

Tom & Sharon
24-11-2011, 22:11
Great post and very true..i have been playing Padel Tennis for 4 months and yes i feel fitter but not much change body wise....but the last two weeks i have walked to work most days around 5 miles and i feel really good it's strange but i am becoming to realise walking is the best thing ever.

Only cos you're walking to work in Tenerife though. I bet you wouldn't think that if you had to walk 5 miles to work in the UK winter through wind and rain!

CIM
24-11-2011, 22:13
You'd be keeled over with hypothermia a mile in...!

Ecky Thump
24-11-2011, 22:22

I was 17 stone when I got married and then I discovered S.E.X and now I am 8 stone and 3pounds.

Using the above method you are guaranteed to shed the pounds in days and you can still eat what ever you want.:laugh:

karinagal
24-11-2011, 22:51

You're right - walking is one of the best exercises. You get fresh air, it's free to do and can really lift your mood. Good for you - you've made a difference to your sense of wellbeing and I'll bet there are days when you feel almost invincible! Well done! :D

canarybird
30-11-2011, 21:49
If you want to watch some interesting videos, the Dr.Oz show has many related to weight and diet.
This TV program is seen in North America but you can see many of the videos from the shows here online.

Here´s a link to a page from his website where you can see videos as well as links to recipes and other programs all related to health.
Most programs are in several parts so you have to look below the video screen for the continuation links.

Link to video list (http://www.doctoroz.com/videos?tid=32&tid_1=166&date=All) on website.

There are some really good programs where he brings in actual lab samples to demonstrate the effects of food and illnesses on different body parts. It can be very entertaining as well as informative.

Canarybird

Suej
01-12-2011, 18:40

My tip is wait til after Christmas YG!:christmascheer::hungry:

YOUNG GOLFER
01-12-2011, 18:49
My tip is wait til after Christmas YG!:christmascheer::hungry:

My tip is not to turn your back in my office with friends like mine making up post under my user name lol.:wink2:

chris
01-12-2011, 19:01
My tip is not to turn your back in my office with friends like mine making up post under my user name lol.:wink2:

Now who would that be????????????????????????????????

karinagal
01-12-2011, 19:49
Yes, I get weight loss tips specially for you.
1. Drink much water.
2. Go for early morning walk.
3. Do exercise and yoga.
4. Avoid junk food and fried food.

Is there an echo in here?! Is that not almost word for word what 'Elvis' posted earlier?!

Jona Jones
29-12-2011, 07:57
Some weight loss tips which I personally tried are described below
1- Avoid sugar and eat low car diet
2- Drink more and more water
3- Do regular exercise and eat according to a diet plan.
4- Eat five small meals in a day instead of three big meals.
5- Eat fruits and vegetables in the form of salad
This will really help you in losing weight.

Goforgold
04-01-2012, 09:40
Some weight loss tips which I personally tried are described below
1- Avoid sugar and eat low car diet
2- Drink more and more water
3- Do regular exercise and eat according to a diet plan.
4- Eat five small meals in a day instead of three big meals.
5- Eat fruits and vegetables in the form of salad
This will really help you in losing weight.

All the above is so true - but, unfortunately 'emotions' get in the way !!

irishmusico
16-01-2012, 14:22
Catch an incurable disease.

YOUNG GOLFER
25-01-2012, 13:27
Well walking every day at the moment to work takes about a hour and have to say it's a great way to keep fit and get a bit of colour...and have to say makes you feel good....mind you almost got run over by a k..b head the other day who over took a car when you are not ment to and had the cheek to beep his horn.

Vortex Wake
25-01-2012, 13:35
Well walking every day at the moment to work takes about a hour and have to say it's a great way to keep fit and get a bit of colour...and have to say makes you feel good....mind you almost got run over by a k..b head the other day who over took a car when you are not ment to and had the cheek to beep his horn.

But he swerved left and then right, then left again and still missed you?

ann_english
25-04-2012, 13:47
Some helpful Tips for Weight loss :

1. Avoid Smoking.
2. Drink more Water.
3. Drink Black or Green tea for losing weight.
4. Exercise your body.
5. Walking also help to avoid fat.
6. Avoid eating Oily and Junk food.

sathya
12-05-2012, 09:53
Hi buddy... Take plenty of water instead of foods..... Do yoga or exercise regularly.... Dont take milk products like yogurt, coffee, tea, milk sweets often... Try to take spinach, rice at only lunch time, bla bla....

tomvey80
18-06-2012, 10:16

:-) nice one!

Shugstar63
18-06-2012, 11:17
YG......this thread has been going for over a year now......you lost any weight yet ?:)

YOUNG GOLFER
18-06-2012, 11:36
YG......this thread has been going for over a year now......you lost any weight yet ?:)

No but lost the will to read this thread though lol

Shugstar63
18-06-2012, 14:49
No but lost the will to read this thread though lol

I kinda know what you mean....there's a few like that !

Gym 50+
21-06-2012, 12:17
Maybe you should hire a personal trainer, that way you will reach your goals 100% and get better. Just call me on 618869888 or send me a pm and we talk. I´m located in Los Cristianos

HappyChappy
21-06-2012, 12:21
dnt try to loose weight,, its all in mental attitude, u need to tip the balance,
get a great book, The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne, it will change ur life and ur weight forever.......

Sole Sister
21-06-2012, 16:37
I went on a boot camp with my local gym over here and it was hard core!

slodgedad
22-06-2012, 02:31
I went on a boot camp with my local gym over here and it was hard core!

Can you give us any details?.

Not for me, obviously, but for anyone who is not blessed with my natural, Apollolike, physique.

Balcony
22-06-2012, 09:03
The real way to lose the weight is to eat less, eat right and do a little more excercise. I hate gyms and the like, but a good walk of at least 20 minutes will help. Try after meals and include walking up inclines!

Eat less, avoid large portions. Don't buy biscuits, sweets etc. If you don't have them around there's less change of eating it. Choose good fresh food, plenty of veg and fruit. Pay a little attention and eat food with a lower glycemic index - it's not on food labelling, but you can get it from http://www.glycemicindex.com/

You live in Tenerife and its hot, but try to limit beer/wine intake, avoid fizzy drinks. Make friends with water.

Get your mental attitude right (it's not easy) and be positive about reducing intake, but don't make a fuss about it. It's what YOU want to do.

chifleta
22-06-2012, 14:12
The real way to lose the weight is to eat less, eat right and do a little more excercise. I hate gyms and the like, but a good walk of at least 20 minutes will help. Try after meals and include walking up inclines!

Eat less, avoid large portions. Don't buy biscuits, sweets etc. If you don't have them around there's less change of eating it. Choose good fresh food, plenty of veg and fruit. Pay a little attention and eat food with a lower glycemic index - it's not on food labelling, but you can get it from http://www.glycemicindex.com/

You live in Tenerife and its hot, but try to limit beer/wine intake, avoid fizzy drinks. Make friends with water.

Get your mental attitude right (it's not easy) and be positive about reducing intake, but don't make a fuss about it. It's what YOU want to do.

omg you sound like me... nauseatingly positive thinking :D .... totally agree with what you said, it's getting into the right frame of mind :crazy:

oh I read the michelle montignac book, I lost 10 kilos following simple rules, cutting out certain foods, I still stick to a few of the rules as much as poss.... after that I started Weight Watchers, and i've lost heaps more :)

Gym 50+
22-06-2012, 19:24
I´m agree when it comes to the eat right, in losing weight. But, unfortunally these days most of us don´t do enough exercise. We are sitting infront of computers at work, we sit infont of the television at home and we may sit in- or outside some Bar / Restaurant at night. Our Body´s are not made for that and to be honest it isn´t the weight what really should matter, its the amount of Body Fat and the amount of muscles which are important. Eating less helps to a certain stage, on the beginning you loose a lot of water and than some fat. But is that healthy? Some of my clients eat even more than they use to do, 5-6 times a day, and they have lost Body Fat and more important they gained muscle. The result is, a better Lifestyle, less pain in the back, shoulders or legs and even a better relation with their partner. I also do understand that some people don´t like to go to gym´s, just to walk into one, seeing all this Bodybuilder and weight training people can put people of, thatfore i opened the Lady - and Personaltrainings Gym in Los Cristianos, a place where you either between woman doing all sort of classes or you just enjoy a privat session, on your own or just with a friend and a personal trainer.

slodgedad
23-06-2012, 01:55
I know this may sound simplistic and difficult for people who like their food.(Brainwashed as kids)

I always think of myself as a car. If I do a lot of miles I put fuel in.

If I have a few days where I'm not doing anything strenuous I snack. If I have work on I eat.

I have been like this forever and still can't understand peoples' compunction to eat even if they're not hungry (Dinner time, gotta eat)

BTW, I weigh the same as I did 40 years ago. I have been heavier but soon realized why.

Jackie
23-06-2012, 09:30
Slodge I am so glad you posted that. My family moan and say I don't eat just because they don't see me eating at specific meal times every day. Me and friend had a blow out lunch from a little Spanish place near were we work yesterday, if i'd have eaten at dinner time last night it would have been just for the sake of it because I wasn't hungry. Like you my weight hasn't changed all of my adult life so there must be some truth in it. Anyway give me a bar of chocolate any day over a 'proper' meal lol

chifleta
23-06-2012, 13:41
I know this may sound simplistic and difficult for people who like their food.(Brainwashed as kids)

I always think of myself as a car. If I do a lot of miles I put fuel in.

If I have a few days where I'm not doing anything strenuous I snack. If I have work on I eat.

I have been like this forever and still can't understand peoples' compunction to eat even if they're not hungry (Dinner time, gotta eat)

BTW, I weigh the same as I did 40 years ago. I have been heavier but soon realized why.

It's like we were always told "eat ALL of what's on your plate".... it's been very hard for me to re-teach myself to just STOP when i'm full.... I still struggle with that, again, like you, because I love food hehehe.... I prefer now to eat 4 o 5 small meals a day, that way I don't ever get to the stage where i'm really hungry and then just trog out on a quick/easy meal..... so no I don't have seconds, I'm still weighing my food before I eat it, that way I know how much I can have.... once i've lost the last bit that I want to lose, I know that I can maintain....

A lot of us with weight problems eat when depressed/stressed/bored.... same with cigs, same with booze.... or addictive personalities, same thing.... it's just teaching ourselves to change things.... also, when we were young children (those of us in the over 40's category) we'd always be outside playing, and mealtimes were set times, but never the huge amounts we have got used to eating nowadays. It's taken me over the last 3 years about 5 or 6 bouts of :v2::v3::v2::v3::vomit: before I realised that I can't eat the huge quantities that I used to eat.... it's quite nice coming out of a restaurant nowadays being able to walk upright, instead of weighed down in agony with all the food i'd gorge on just because I could.... :D

cainaries
23-06-2012, 23:16
chifleta...you've mentioned weight watchers here and elsewhere. do they operate in Tenerife or did you do this online or in the UK? Asking because they only time I managed to lose weight was on weight watchers and I would like to do it again but would need to import the whole concept to La Palma where I feel it would be very successful provided it was in Spanish!

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in ages to find I was lighter than I thought I was but still totally the wrong shape ... which is another problem. Since we started our veg patch we have been eating far healthier. And since the consultant changed OH's medicines he has lost 15kgs! So it isn't always the food we chose but the medicines we are prescribed ...

marbro8
23-06-2012, 23:35
ive got it down to a "T" i eat a banana and 2 apples a day with a small sandwich when i get home from work followed by 5 snake bites and 3 double southern comforts:cheeky: and by the time you have drunk that much you could not give a toss how much you weigh:jumping:

chifleta
23-06-2012, 23:54
chifleta...you've mentioned weight watchers here and elsewhere. do they operate in Tenerife or did you do this online or in the UK? Asking because they only time I managed to lose weight was on weight watchers and I would like to do it again but would need to import the whole concept to La Palma where I feel it would be very successful provided it was in Spanish!

Weighed myself this morning for the first time in ages to find I was lighter than I thought I was but still totally the wrong shape ... which is another problem. Since we started our veg patch we have been eating far healthier. And since the consultant changed OH's medicines he has lost 15kgs! So it isn't always the food we chose but the medicines we are prescribed ...

Hiya, yeah they do operate here in Tenerife, but in the North... if you speak Spanish, called En Tu Linea, http://www.entulinea.es/util/mtf/index.aspx try this link, you can see if there is a club near you.

I was lucky, my mum had done WW for 2 years and lost a couple of stone so I rang her up and pleaded for her to buy me the starter pack (which she did along with tracker books and recipe books) and bring it all over and give me a kick start, which she did, bless her.... so although i've not paid a monthly fee to them, they've still had their fair share of money from me from buying nearly all the recipe books, which I do use (mind you, i've got plenty of time, as i'm a house wifey at the mo, no young kids, just a well trained teenager LOL)... and obviously I think WW is great and always sing their praises, as it's worked for me (keep thinking about asking them if they want to pay me to be one of their reps for a magazine shoot :crylaughing:), and I don't go hungry - mind you, i'm still addicted to food grrrr grrrr grrrr (triple grrr so I don't swear).

You're right about meds, they can make your weight go up. I'm miffed, all that time unfit and overweight and I was actually fine... now i've lost loads and am fitter that I was when i was a 15 yrs old doing hockey, netball, trampolining, squash and Judo, i've found out that i've got high blood pressure (family genes, gotta love 'em), so now on strong pills making me sleepy grrrr again.

Anyways, good luck on finding a club near you, if not, go on to amazon and try buy some recipe books second hand... they've changed the points system last year though, but at the end of the day, as long as you pick a brekkie, lunch & tea and snack you're pretty much sorted, unless you've only got 9lbs to lose like me, then it's "go strict or you won't lose anything for 6 months" GRRRRRRRRR LOL

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ive got it down to a "T" i eat a banana and 2 apples a day with a small sandwich when i get home from work followed by 5 snake bites and 3 double southern comforts:cheeky: and by the time you have drunk that much you could not give a toss how much you weigh:jumping:

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing::cheers2:

Andrew Martin
25-06-2012, 16:52
Weight loss can be achieved by 2 things... a balanced diet and regular excerise. If you really want to achieve your goals you can contact my friend Andreas who offers personal training and will help you reach your goals. Contact him on here or via facebook https://www.facebook.com/matrixiceman

He also runs the Ladys Fitness Club at Reveron apartments

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 09:31
[QUOTE=DavidGriffin;369086]Our nutrition program, Nutrition Together, isn't about dieting. It's about giving you the knowledge to change how you eat. Nutrition counseling sessions will cover topics ranging from how to eat light and changing unhealthy eating behaviors. When you add smart nutrition to regular workouts, you have an unbeatable program for meeting your fitness goals.

Spam removed

Ah SPAM who would have thought of this to include in your diet:lol:

Belinda
05-05-2014, 09:53
For me, what seems to have really helped is to cut right back on carbohydrates - this was inspired by Gloria Hunniford, here is the article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2527509/I-stark-choice-sugar-free-diet-diabetes-just-look-says-Gloria-Hunniford.html) if anyone's interested.
But if you are having carbs, I would say try and make sure they are not refined, ie not white and don't have carbs with your meal at all in the evening if you are a late eater.

lapalma
05-05-2014, 10:19
Stop drinking coffee and drink Jasmine tea 3 times a day,the Chinese have been drinking Jasmine for many years and that seems to keep them fit and healthy.

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 10:23
Go on the 5:2 diet worked for me:tiphat:

SandersPride
13-11-2014, 10:14
Proper diet and atleast twenty minutes on my exercise bike everyday is the only thing I do to manage my weight. With regular exercise you can achieve a fit and healthy body.

orderplz
28-11-2014, 08:05
Avoid oil foods!

lynno52
15-11-2015, 20:22
It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true. ... Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight. Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer.

.........Can help you eat fewer......What?

Tshirt
15-11-2015, 20:44

Elephants.........

Ecky Thump
15-11-2015, 20:49

The way it is written, it states that eating eggs for breakfast, reduces the amount of eggs you eat....interesting??? :D

macdonald5
15-11-2015, 21:42
Eat less, drink less alcohol and move more .....simple theory but putting intro practice more tricky ����

marbro8
15-11-2015, 21:49
It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true. ... Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight. Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer.i drink LOADS of water. it just happens to be full of hops:cheeky::laugh:

lilybclintonn
20-11-2015, 08:12
1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals

It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.

Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories (1, 2).

One study showed that drinking a half liter (17 oz) of water about a half an hour before meals helped dieters eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight (3).

2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast

Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.

Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat (4, 5).

If you can’t eat eggs for some reason, then that’s fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.

3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)

Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and can have numerous health benefits.

Studies show that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3-11%, and increase fat burning by up to 10-29% (6, 7, 8).

Just make sure NOT to add a bunch of sugar or other high-calorie ingredients to it. That will completely negate any benefit you get from the coffee.

4. Drink Green Tea

Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.

Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning (9, 10).

Although the evidence is mixed, there are many studies showing that green tea (either as a beverage or a green tea extract supplement) can help you lose weight (11, 12).

5. Cook With Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is very healthy. It is high in special fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than other fats.

These fats have been shown to boost metabolism by 120 calories per day, and also reduce your appetite so that you eat up to 256 fewer calories per day (13, 14).

Keep in mind that this is not about adding coconut oil on top of what you’re already eating, it is about replacing some of your current cooking fats with coconut oil.

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 09:31
i drink LOADS of water. it just happens to be full of hops:cheeky::laugh:

Whisky in huge amounts suppresses the feeling of hunger. It's one of the most successful diet aids known to us folk in the West of Scotland.....you see a fat man in the street and you can be assured he doesen't stick to this diet aid, he's on his way to the pub to drink copious amounts of Lager, whereas the Skinny man in the street will have a "Half Bootle" of Whisky in his pocket and has no need to go to the pub or even be tempted to eat. :tiphat:

lilymatheww
20-11-2015, 12:12
1. Start small. "I began walking or jogging for 15 minutes a day. I worked up to 30 minutes, and then increased it again. It was a very gradual process."

2. Don't give up when your weight loss plateaus. "I remember hitting the first plateau and feeling so defeated, but you have to push through and keep putting in the effort for your plan to work. You can't get discouraged."

3. Be realistic about which habits need to go. "When I was heavy, I'd eat French fries every single day, plus carbs at almost every meal — like a sandwich for lunch or bread with pasta for dinner. A diet so heavy in fried food and carbs just isn't conducive to weight loss. To lose the weight, I went from three large meals a day to six small meals, mostly made of fresh vegetable salads with lean meats and nuts. And no more bread!"

Angusjim
20-11-2015, 13:20
1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals

It is often claimed that drinking water can help with weight loss, and this is true.

Drinking water can boost metabolism by 24-30% over a period of 1-1.5 hours, helping you burn off a few more calories (1, 2).

One study showed that drinking a half liter (17 oz) of water about a half an hour before meals helped dieters eat fewer calories and lose 44% more weight (3).

2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast

Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.

Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours, and lose more weight and more body fat (4, 5).

If you can’t eat eggs for some reason, then that’s fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick.

3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)

Coffee has been unfairly demonized. Quality coffee is loaded with antioxidants, and can have numerous health benefits.

Studies show that the caffeine in coffee can boost metabolism by 3-11%, and increase fat burning by up to 10-29% (6, 7, 8).

Just make sure NOT to add a bunch of sugar or other high-calorie ingredients to it. That will completely negate any benefit you get from the coffee.

4. Drink Green Tea

Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.

Green tea contains small amounts of caffeine, but it is also loaded with powerful antioxidants called catechins, which are also believed to work synergistically with the caffeine to enhance fat burning (9, 10).

Although the evidence is mixed, there are many studies showing that green tea (either as a beverage or a green tea extract supplement) can help you lose weight (11, 12).

5. Cook With Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is very healthy. It is high in special fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than other fats.

These fats have been shown to boost metabolism by 120 calories per day, and also reduce your appetite so that you eat up to 256 fewer calories per day (13, 14).

Keep in mind that this is not about adding coconut oil on top of what you’re already eating, it is about replacing some of your current cooking fats with coconut oil.

I fear a spam alert may be required related to Gavin I think:spin::laugh:

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 13:30
I fear a spam alert may be required related to Gavin I think:spin::laugh:

We've now got a Lily Clinton and Lily Mathew posting....whose next to advocate healthy eating??

Fivepence
20-11-2015, 13:51
We've now got a Lily Clinton and Lily Mathew posting....whose next to advocate healthy eating??

Me Ecky ..... My top tip is don't eat too much :tiphat:

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 13:53
Me Ecky ..... My top tip is don't eat too much :tiphat:

Wise words from a wise man - where you been ??

Angusjim
20-11-2015, 13:55

TOTO 99 :lol::lol::lol::doh:

Fivepence
20-11-2015, 13:57
Wise words from a wise man - where you been ??

Sheltering from this awful weather. :wave:

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 14:01
TOTO 99 :lol::lol::lol::doh:

yeap a canarian Tuna bap and chips :cheeky:

marbro8
20-11-2015, 14:11
We've now got a Lily Clinton and Lily Mathew posting....whose next to advocate healthy eating??lily savage:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 14:16
lily savage:laugh:

Lily Pad:laugh:

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 15:19
Lily Pad:laugh:

Lily Allen....

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 15:33
Lily Allen....

you know who will be along soon to :twak:

Ecky Thump
20-11-2015, 15:48
you know who will be along soon to :twak:

Little Lily-Lets ?? :dontknow:

Malteser Monkey
20-11-2015, 15:53
Little Lily-Lets ?? :dontknow:

Lily Jim - scottish sort:laugh:

Angusjim
23-02-2017, 11:28
Sitting at your desk all day can wreak havoc on your body. Did you know that good cholesterol levels actually decrease 20 percent and your risk of diabetes increases after only a couple hours of sitting?

Ditch
Diet Soda, Baked Potato Chips, energy Shots

Stock Up On
Green tea, Healthy snacks, A bowl of fruit, Try chewing on a stick of gum to instantly defuse tension

Why don't you pay to advertise on the Forum ? you freeloader Moderator exterminate exterminate

jack oakley
23-02-2017, 15:40
Chinese boxer's diet, you put on a pair of boxing gloves and a get a set of chopsticks and you can eat what you want

imablue
23-02-2017, 20:42
Stitch your mouth....would be a good idea..

Angusjim
23-04-2017, 06:50
Ecky told me his secret for losing weight he lets carol do the cooking :whistle:

Ecky Thump
23-04-2017, 10:04
Ecky told me his secret for losing weight he lets carol do the cooking :whistle:

Carol keeps so slim and lithe as she does all the cooking (very good it is) and our grand country house is so large that she need a satnav to find the kitchen and because of this she has no need of further exercise! :bellydancer:

Leam_Lin
23-04-2017, 10:27
Nice sunday lunch for you today. (creep).

DeeLondon
21-08-2017, 00:47

Only thing that works for me is fasting. Everytime you eat anything, even a snack - you spike insulin levels - for many people fasting 16 hours a day (including the time they sleep) works well. And give themselves an 8 hour window to eat - say from midday to 8pm.