PDA

View Full Version : How frequent are the ferries from Portugal to Tenerife?

Pets@Home
24-06-2011, 18:33
Hi I have some friends coming to Tenerife via Huelva or Portugal Ferry, does anyone know how frequent they are, they are looking for 1st December 2011 and the dates have not been released yet. Does anyone know a rough price with car, how long it takes, how frequent they run ..........

Thanks ..............

She Sells Seashells
24-06-2011, 20:50
Hi P@H (SAB)! I don't know about the ones from Spain but Navia has redone their website and it is now pleasantly easy to use - give it a try with their dates and particulars: http://www.navieraarmas.com/index.php?id_pagina=1

Greg
24-06-2011, 21:20
I paid 350€ with residents discount from Huelga with a car and a cabin last week. It was a new a modern ship with reasonable food and took 33 hours. Take a look at the Armas website for details of dates and prices. I chose Huelga over Portugal as there is no residents discount from Portugal!

edsa
18-07-2011, 12:17
I have managed to do a comparison of the three ferries available. Similar dates for 2 people, one way, small car and double cabin.
Portugal €470, there is no discount because it is not Spain to Spain.
Huelva €350 with res discount, €550 for non res.
Cadiz €708 non res. Discount is 50% I think for res but possibly not that much going by the huelva discount.
So it depends a great deal on residency or not, which is the most convenient port and if you want to get there quicker.
They leave on different days of the week so that will come into the equation too.

I am sure I have seen somewhere on maybe the old forum about meals being included in prices, if anybody can confirm this I would be grateful. Or if anybody can let me know what the system is on a route that they have used.

Greg
18-07-2011, 12:34
On the Huelga ferry you buy a bunch of tickets, one for every meal. The price is 25€ for them all. (3 dinner, 2 breakfast, 2 lunch) They are not available individually and represent pretty good value. The food is of a reasonable standard, buffet style with a decent selection of dishes. Drinks are extra and also reasonably priced.