PDA

View Full Version : What did everyone think of U2 at Glastonbury?

with cheese
25-06-2011, 00:12
What did anyone think. If you have been to U2 concerts this was quite raw, no Claw, no special screens or bridges. Brilliant though.

candy2411
25-06-2011, 07:57
What did anyone think. If you have been to U2 concerts this was quite raw, no Claw, no special screens or bridges. Brilliant though.

To be honest...while I think they played a great set I think some of the dynamic was missing. Bono was lacking the passion I felt.

Vortex Wake
25-06-2011, 08:13

Wembley 1987 only had one small screen and no special stage ;)

with cheese
25-06-2011, 09:45
Hammersmith Palais 1981 and Hammersmith Odeon 1982, tiny but fabulous.

To be honest...while I think they played a great set I think some of the dynamic was missing. Bono was lacking the passion I felt.

After a very long tour and travelling probably a bit jet lagged, shouldn't think the rain helped.

Chivas Regal
25-06-2011, 09:51
I found the performance a bit taxing to be fair!

garlicbread
25-06-2011, 10:04
Bono singing Jerusalem....strange or what?

with cheese
25-06-2011, 11:08
Not really being that he aimed it at the fact of being at Glasto and the history, the song being really about that neck of the woods.

Lucy Fer
25-06-2011, 12:16
Disappointed but then being wet doesnt help

theedge92
25-06-2011, 12:21

I thought it was rather good myself considering they were out of their comfort zone. If i had one complaint, it would be the whole logistics side of it, they played in Baltimore USA on wednesday, then had to fly to UK the next day. So considering they were jet lagged i'd say they put on a good performance. Could tell they were knackered though. There playing back in USA on sunday, they will be Fecked!!!

captain jack sparrow
26-06-2011, 00:09
Wembley 1987 only had one small screen and no special stage ;)

I was there to Vortex, never experienced a concert quite like it since, Have been a U2 fan for many years, We were the ones making the pyramids at the front, ( im sure you would remember seeing them ) Standing on each others shoulders then muggins climbed up on top, the whole of wembley roared, Then we all ended up in a big heap, great memories of that concert, Think i recall pogues and dubliners supporting ? Back to glastonbury, it was ok suppose but nothing like they used to be, lack of energy and passion as mentioned earlier.

with cheese
26-06-2011, 07:08
Not if you have been to 360, they were fab, just jet lagged and stage too far from croud.