PDA

View Full Version : Internet Fibre optic

waveydavey
01-12-2017, 13:48
Does any one know the cost to have a normal internet line converted to fibre,I have just had my Telefonica router installed and a telephone and want to know the cost.

Biggles
01-12-2017, 19:29

Wavey, don't know the installation cost but I did ask about the monthly cost of the newly installed fibre optic service in Amarilla Golf and the answer is 58 Euro's/month for a 300Mb/s Upload & 300Mb/s Download service.

Apparently they are only offering 300/300, at least initially, but expect there to be lower speeds at lower cost later on.

Hope that helps.

junglejim
02-12-2017, 09:09

Wavey, don't know the installation cost but I did ask about the monthly cost of the newly installed fibre optic service in Amarilla Golf and the answer is 58 Euro's/month for a 300Mb/s Upload & 300Mb/s Download service.

Apparently they are only offering 300/300, at least initially, but expect there to be lower speeds at lower cost later on.

Hope that helps.

I was getting 5 Mb/s & cost was around €48 per month - we have since dumped Movistar in favour of a system that is supplied via our TV Co Ax Cable , the cost of equipment & signal is supported by community - you just buy the router, giving us 30-40 Mb/s which is plenty .

Christianb
11-12-2017, 00:39
The normal line is not "converted". They just install a fiber optic cable if there is distribution point near by. The monthly cost goes about two euros up for 50Mbs and about ten for 300Mbs. There is no installation charges. At least this is how things are with Orange. It is just a service upgrade.
The router I believe stays, they just utilize its WAN port and connect it to a fiber optic device they supply.