PDA

View Full Version : Other This tenerife forum

andy123
03-12-2017, 11:05
Over the years this "FORUM" has been very good at giving out sound advice,over the past few days,i have logged on,only to find only "ONE" sensible question being asked out "21" (The taxi one).Why are the likes of UUDGFAVYR,MXYXHSRMX,EABTMVZCB,etc,etc,etc allowed by admin to post such rubbish.RIP Tenerife Forum!!!

AndyG
03-12-2017, 12:31
I think they are spam and seem to get deleted periodically. It is a shame that there is little genuine posting going on : if I see a post that I can contribute to, I do, but like you say there have not been many in recent days

Moderator_
03-12-2017, 12:43
As much as I appreciate your concern the Tenerife Forum is now nowhere near as poular as it once was! The p[osts you refer to are all SPAM posters and in the last 48 hours I have removed over 60 of them! I do not spend 24 hours a day on this Forum so the the best I can do is remove SPAMMERS as and when I find them.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, MOST residents of, regular visitors and holiday makers to Tenerife, now find pretty well all the information they might need from FACEBOOK , Trip Advisor, Google and other social media sites. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid and unless more people use this forum, it will die off naturally. I'm sorry if that sounds negative, but that's how I see it.

As I don't live in the Costa del Silencio area , I have no idea about taxi services from there to and from the airport. However I have just asked the same question to google and got 20 different recommendations!!

tub
03-12-2017, 13:24
its a shame moderator but i agree with you social media seems to take over every thing

andy123
04-12-2017, 09:03
As much as I appreciate your concern the Tenerife Forum is now nowhere near as poular as it once was! The p[osts you refer to are all SPAM posters and in the last 48 hours I have removed over 60 of them! I do not spend 24 hours a day on this Forum so the the best I can do is remove SPAMMERS as and when I find them.

In my opinion, for what it is worth, MOST residents of, regular visitors and holiday makers to Tenerife, now find pretty well all the information they might need from FACEBOOK , Trip Advisor, Google and other social media sites. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid and unless more people use this forum, it will die off naturally. I'm sorry if that sounds negative, but that's how I see it.

As I don't live in the Costa del Silencio area , I have no idea about taxi services from there to and from the airport. However I have just asked the same question to google and got 20 different recommendations!!

Thanks for your honest reply,which i totally understand.
What will be so sad is i will miss the likes of "TSHIRT" and "IMABLUE" with thier great jokes,thit awies mke mi lauhh,dam i git thess virrs tinngy.

I_N_Cognito
04-12-2017, 17:26
I don't know about social media brining the forum down, to me it done a pretty good job of it itself, I am/have been a member of three Tenerife related forums, this the "Tenerife Forum", the now defunct "The Tenerife Forum", and the one I participate most on in recent years with almost 20,000 posts "Tenerife Forum Of Fun".

I initially joined this forum because of my interest in Tenerife having holidayed there for some twenty years and also having lived there for a short period of time, I was not a prolific poster, I looked in most days just to keep up with what was going on throwing in the rare post if I felt I had something to add, but I gave up, reason, over moderating both by moderators and some members who thought they were moderators by constantly shouting "close this thread", "close this thread" just because whatever was being posted differed from their opinion on the matter, I had posts pulled, no swearing, no personal attacks on any one, just a different opinion, and I saw the same happen to other members. I gave up posting years back but still looked in regular but even gave up on that now looking in very rarely, I'd actually thought the forum had gone when I couldn't find it for a month or so, and that disappearance done it no favors killing off what active membership it had.

So as said at the beginning, basically the forum has mads a pretty good job of hammering the nails in to its own coffin.

ginandmilk
07-12-2017, 10:36
I for one would hate to see this forum go. I don't post very often, but when I do I've always been given some great advice, and even though I might not always like what I read, that's what advice is all about, taking the good stuff with the bad. In my opinion, this forum is much better than social media. I wouldn't even consider asking for info on FB.
I might be barking up the wrong tree here, and I hate to talk politics, but most of my posts have been about relocating to Tenerife, as are many others, but we're awaiting the outcome of Brexit before we consider doing anything in earnest and I'm wondering if other potential ex-pats are doing the same, hence less posts?

Chine
07-12-2017, 17:58
:dontknow: nothing going on here anymore i think everyone has moved on

ddoyle
08-12-2017, 12:38
There was a time when the Forum became very much a clique and lots of PPL stopped using it, which was a pity as the Forum and its users are a mine of very useful information. I will continue to use it when the need arises or as long as it keeps going.

LUCKY
08-12-2017, 13:53
Move along nothing to see here :cop::cop::cop:

Arona1
08-12-2017, 14:23
There was a time when the Forum became very much a clique and lots of PPL stopped using it, which was a pity as the Forum and its users are a mine of very useful information. I will continue to use it when the need arises or as long as it keeps going.

I think this "clique" has moved to another forum, same oul bull being repeated there day after day

imablue
08-12-2017, 19:40
Don,t really have a lot more to add what members have already said..
But it is us as members to continue our sensible conversations that will continue it,s existence, otherwise the spammers will take the Forum away from us .
I,m in ....

delderek
08-12-2017, 19:54
I'm still clinging on.

imablue
08-12-2017, 20:18
We need clingones....even if its just for a grasping reason.

andy123
08-12-2017, 23:28
Move along nothing to see here :cop::cop::cop:

Just logged on and at least there is no cr*p spam on here tonight,i might start a thread on how holiday makers dress on a night out here!

lsmt971
09-12-2017, 10:44
I still pop on every once in a while but here's never a great deal to see anymore

LUCKY
09-12-2017, 19:31
I still pop out every once in a while but here's never a great deal to see anymore

Is that allowed Popping OUT.. on the forum.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret:

imablue
09-12-2017, 20:40
Its Pop on Lucky .. not Popcorn........two different tastes.
Personally i like Popcorn and cerveza
Not necessarily in the same glass though

Red Devil
16-12-2017, 17:08
I thought this forum had disappeared! Kept trying for a few weeks and nothing there so thought the plug had been pulled, so glad it hasnt. I know social media still dominates but I believe there is room for both types of communities. What I prefer about this forum is I can easily refer back to things under various headings whereas on facebook its very difficult to do that, its just instant news on there.
Anyone else managed to get banned from the Tenerife Forum on facebook, run by that oddball Peter Sarkis, who used to be some sort of troll on here? ��

Liftman
16-12-2017, 21:38
I thought this forum had disappeared! Kept trying for a few weeks and nothing there so thought the plug had been pulled, so glad it hasnt. I know social media still dominates but I believe there is room for both types of communities. What I prefer about this forum is I can easily refer back to things under various headings whereas on facebook its very difficult to do that, its just instant news on there.
Anyone else managed to get banned from the Tenerife Forum on facebook, run by that oddball Peter Sarkis, who used to be some sort of troll on here? ��

I was banned by Herr Sarkis. What a little dictator.

Tony the Welder
17-12-2017, 09:29
i agree with you andy123 but i think that admin will be trying there best to keep the spammers of not an easy job as anyone can join the forum close one of these sites down and two more appear with different user name yes they are pillocks that will destroy the enjoyment for so many people

Moderator_
17-12-2017, 10:19
There are literally dozens of spammers every day that I have to deal with, not a task I remotely enjoy.

andy123
17-12-2017, 11:44
There are literally dozens of spammers every day that I have to deal with, not a task I remotely enjoy.
Well done Admin today,it is a pleasure to see sensible posts on a Sunday morning!

Red Devil
17-12-2017, 18:44
Re Peter Sarkis - he was Juba the troll on here for many years. Unfortunately he has a large number of members on his Tenerife forum facebook page who hang on to every word he says. What they dont realise is that if you query any of the tripe he spouts then he immediately bans you and then pretends he is the innocent one, a full blown victim.He is pathetic.

delderek
17-12-2017, 18:56
Re Peter Sarkis - he was Juba the troll on here for many years. Unfortunately he has a large number of members on his Tenerife forum facebook page who hang on to every word he says. What they dont realise is that if you query any of the tripe he spouts then he immediately bans you and then pretends he is the innocent one, a full blown victim.He is pathetic.

Google his name with Tenerife, he is not well liked, to say the least, and many say he has never been to the Island.

Moderator_
17-12-2017, 19:38
Peter Sarkis......he probably has a T W A T T E R account, and that I've misspelt that on purpose!

andy123
24-12-2017, 10:18
Well i have just logged on to wish everybody (except the moronic spammer..........32 out of 34 posts) a very "MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR"!!

imablue
25-12-2017, 12:21
Merry Christmas to you too Andy and all other members of the forum.
Have a good one.

Tony the Welder
25-12-2017, 15:07
well i just got up it must be time for a beer , just opened my presses just felt like a kid again ripping the paper of pair of chinnos and a jumper with buttons on . ie carddien live is good,now it time to cook the christmas dinner witch we proberly eat tomorrow merry christmas to every one , or and a happy new year just in case i miss it

blondie
25-12-2017, 17:11
well i just got up it must be time for a beer , just opened my presses just felt like a kid again ripping the paper of pair of chinnos and a jumper with buttons on . ie carddien live is good,now it time to cook the christmas dinner witch we proberly eat tomorrow merry christmas to every one , or and a happy new year just in case i miss it

Merry christmas and a healthy , happy New Year to all on the forum .
Lang may yer lum reek .:santa::cheers:

Tony the Welder
26-12-2017, 03:58

it is more or less 20 euroes to the airport to the airport , dont know what to do a do abought the spa,,,,faice to faice no problemer but a pillock on a computer,,,,,ilast trip was 16 eroes if you reraly whant to save money you can alwaysa catch the bus aprox 2 eruose on the hour dropes of straight out side the airport

willowlily
26-12-2017, 11:15
it is more or less 20 euroes to the airport to the airport , dont know what to do a do abought the spa,,,,faice to faice no problemer but a pillock on a computer,,,,,ilast trip was 16 eroes if you reraly whant to save money you can alwaysa catch the bus aprox 2 eruose on the hour dropes of straight out side the airport

I very rarely take taxis in Tenerife as titsa offer an excellent bus service which covers most of the island
yesterday 25th dec ( yes xmas day ] I took the 343 from airport norte a clean modern bus serving north and south aiports los cris and adeje direct. visit there website www.titsa.com or as I do put your journey into www.googlemaps.com they will advice you on walking directions to your bus stop and a timetable.I have used this service all over the world and it covers more areas than you could imagine even deepest darkest PERU ask PADDINGTON BEAR.
By the way it was a group of members who have destroyed this FORUM by writing vicious and slanderous posts and threads, nobody wants that.

MERRY XMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the members who wish to help recover this FORUM to its previous glory.
as a member for many years I will try my best to keep this forum going.
PLEASE HELP ME

tub
26-12-2017, 20:06
hi can anyone help me we are thinking about staying in an apartment in costa silencia we have never been there and would like to hear from anyone who has thanks

warbey
26-12-2017, 20:28
hi can anyone help me we are thinking about staying in an apartment in costa silencia we have never been there and would like to hear from anyone who has thanks

Sorry cant help but this wil boost you.

Good luck....

Tony the Welder
27-12-2017, 06:37
I don't know about social media brining the forum down, to me it done a pretty good job of it itself, I am/have been a member of three Tenerife related forums, this the "Tenerife Forum", the now defunct "The Tenerife Forum", and the one I participate most on in recent years with almost 20,000 posts "Tenerife Forum Of Fun".

I initially joined this forum because of my interest in Tenerife having holidayed there for some twenty years and also having lived there for a short period of time, I was not a prolific poster, I looked in most days just to keep up with what was going on throwing in the rare post if I felt I had something to add, but I gave up, reason, over moderating both by moderators and some members who thought they were moderators by constantly shouting "close this thread", "close this thread" just because whatever was being posted differed from their opinion on the matter, I had posts pulled, no swearing, no personal attacks on any one, just a different opinion, and I saw the same happen to other members. I gave up posting years back but still looked in regular but even gave up on that now looking in very rarely, I'd actually thought the forum had gone when I couldn't find it for a month or so, and that disappearance done it no favors killing off what active membership it had.

So as said at the beginning, basically the forum has mads a pretty good job of hammering the nails in to its own coffin.

wow dont hold back,, the mods do there best but its people like you and me that need to keepe posting to keep the forum a live

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

nice place nice people better than lanzorote , christmas was fantastic love lin n paul down at the britian bar at cc trebbel stop thinking,, book your jolly and enjoy your hoiday

lsmt971
03-01-2018, 13:03
oops haha........

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

All the very best to everyone

marathon9
08-01-2018, 17:55
great site of my best island,,

Carol55
06-03-2018, 23:34
It's good to see this forum back in action, I gave up trying to log in. when did this happy event take place???

delderek
07-03-2018, 16:53
It's good to see this forum back in action, I gave up trying to log in. when did this happy event take place???

Don't blink, it will probably disappear again.:whistle:

tub
07-03-2018, 20:57
i am the same been trying every time i have been on line i thought it was done and dusted

Steve56
08-03-2018, 08:26
Great to see the site back up and running. Let's hope it stays up and the spammers don't ruin it for genuine members. Good luck to the Mods

Mia
09-03-2018, 10:29
i am the same been trying every time i have been on line i thought it was done and dusted

Me too. I don't do Facebook, Twitter or any of those social media things. I like this site because it is dedicated to Tenerife and some of the time the Canaries in general.

Tony the Welder
10-03-2018, 09:19
wow so nice to see the forum up and running again , so sad to see the spammer have also noticed

andy123
10-03-2018, 16:48
Blimey.......Welcome back forum!!!

cheery
11-03-2018, 09:29
The difference with this forum and social media is the ability to search topics. Everything gets lost in the 'noise' on the likes of Facebook. It's not just this site that suffers migration, a few other sites I go on are the same, valuable knowledge is lost as FB can't be searched the same as fora such as this.

Just my opinion.

Chine
11-03-2018, 14:22
welcome back !! great to see it up and running again , i had given up !, hi to everyone :hi:

imablue
11-03-2018, 17:17
Just thought i,d try and see if there was anything going on with the forum...and hey presto there it is....
Welcome back everyone .

LeFrunk
11-03-2018, 19:49
Hi all , I havnt posted in the longest time as there were people who just talked b****cks when a genuine question was asked but there where people who helped also, I check the forum out once in a while but its still good to see its still up and running , thanks to the people behind the scenes. We all have one thing in common and that's the love of Tenerife , wether its as tourist or an expat . In my opinion its a great source of info and more nice people than arseholes on it . All the best and keep it going.

andy123
12-03-2018, 17:32
Just logged on and all posts bar this one are by spammers,are there really saddo,s that get some sort of weird turn on from posting such cr*p!!

Leam_Lin
15-03-2018, 11:09
Good to see the Tenerife Forum back, very useful information when required.

blondie
18-03-2018, 15:10
Good to see the Tenerife Forum back, very useful information when required.

Welcome back I have missed you all !!!

willowlily
27-03-2018, 11:06
i am so glad tenerife forum is back online.

delderek
27-03-2018, 15:36
i am so glad tenerife forum is back online.

Just don't blink:nono: