PDA

View Full Version : Other Christmas Day plans ?????

Chine
04-12-2017, 13:54
so whats your Christmas Day plans??? ours normally go something like presents with the kids ,a bit of breakfast then off down the beach normally Los Cris but went to fanabe last year for a change and it was much enjoyed , light lunch on the beach then head back to GDS in the afternoon let the kids have a few hours playing/breaking with there new stuff whilst me and Mrs Chine sit on the terrace and tuck into a bottle of bubbly or two. Then on with the gladrags and head on down to Grandee Odonnells for our 7pm sitting for Christmas dinner and a few more drinks , we normally get back in the house stuffed and shattered about 10pm and out like a light.

AndyG
04-12-2017, 18:23
I have lived here since Nov 2015 but both Christmas days so far have been badly affected by weather, mainly very strong wind and calima. Hopefully this year will be quieter, weather wise, so that everyone can enjoy their plans. As for me, hopefully I will go for a swim in the sea and then find a local restaurant in Playa San Juan ( or Playa Arena if needs be) to eat something nice. Hopefully there will be something decent on tv but I have dvds on standby, just in case!
Hope you all have a great day!

Chine
04-12-2017, 23:43
I have lived here since Nov 2015 but both Christmas days so far have been badly affected by weather, mainly very strong wind and calima. Hopefully this year will be quieter, weather wise, so that everyone can enjoy their plans. As for me, hopefully I will go for a swim in the sea and then find a local restaurant in Playa San Juan ( or Playa Arena if needs be) to eat something nice. Hopefully there will be something decent on tv but I have dvds on standby, just in case!
Hope you all have a great day!

last Christmas we did have quite a sandy lunch at fanabe due to the strong breeze, when we got back to GDS it was a lot calmer , you cant beat a dip in the sea Christmas Day !

Tony the Welder
21-12-2017, 09:39
normally would be heading of to pueto del la cruz for christmas but when the over half look at the prices this year her words was some think like . f that there taking the p,,, . so this year with christmas it will be up at 7.30 , nice steady walk along the beach, home for a light snack before heading to church , back home for a nice quiet christmas dinner , everthing cleaned away sit down and watch tv , ha ,ha , ha we will still be hung over from sunday , so it will be fall out of bed at 11 ish , get cleaned up and down to the bar to meet friends , have a gallon or two , before crawling up home , argue with the wife about who was going to put the stuped turky in the oven , so ring up for a pizza or chinese , fall asleep for 3 ,4 ,5 ,hours before get cleaned up glad rags on and down to the local for a few quite drinks with friends , christmas over , bring on the new years eve party

Leam_Lin
21-12-2017, 11:30
Sounds good.

LUCKY
21-12-2017, 23:53
I may venture from Lower GDS this year and buy Chine a drink or two.

Chine
09-01-2018, 23:27
I may venture from Lower GDS this year and buy Chine a drink or two.

so where were you old pal ? i waited at Upper GDS for nearly 3 weeks for the drink or two !, i am not coming back until Easter so if you are still in town i may have to make my way to Lower GDS and have a :feret: around and find you !