PDA

View Full Version : What is a 'leveling' pension on retirement?

chris
25-06-2011, 20:42
I'm retiring in November when I will be 57 I have been told me that they will send me details of a pension with leveling and a pension without, what's this all about?

with cheese
25-06-2011, 20:45
Ask Howard he has been retired 4 times.

welsh wendy
25-06-2011, 20:56
I'm retiring in November when I will be 57 I have been told me that they will send me details of a pension with leveling and a pension without, what's this all about?

Hi Chris, I will be 58 in November but not in a position to retire just yet. I would be keen to know too.

reggie
25-06-2011, 21:32

Ask you, you never started, off on off on off on, whats that all about,

Skeggy
25-06-2011, 21:52

What they mean is that you will be able to take the equivalent of the basic state pension over your agreed company pension until you are qualified to receive it usually 65,this amount from the company will then stop to be replaced by the state pension. so giving you the same level amount throughout retirement, If you can do without it you would be better off by the state pension at 65. it is all a question of circumstances, hope this makes sense.

Sundowner
25-06-2011, 21:59
Speak to a financial advisor................. the leveling option means you get more now but less later..................

with cheese
25-06-2011, 22:35
Ask you, you never started, off on off on off on, whats that all about,
Shift mate, you wouldn't know you spend too much time up a ladder peaking in neighbours bedrooms.
Anyway as it happens (on thread) it also depends on your life expectancy. If you come from a family like I do where no one goes past 75, it is probably worth risking going for it. We also do not know how state pensions will change against company/private pensions, in the next few years.
Depends how you feel and how much you need it.

chris
26-06-2011, 00:41
Thanks for the replies so far, I had done a budget without the leveling but keep the thread going in case someone comes up with some positives views of taking it but it's always nice to have more money.

Andy0210
26-06-2011, 05:21

Is he a Shire Horse??

junglejim
26-06-2011, 10:07
Is he a Shire Horse??

Could be he *****s like one !