PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Ryanair information and discussion thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

candy2411
14-08-2013, 08:58
I use Ryanair frequently so felt compelled to watch the programme on Ch 4.Felt there was nothing it to give me cause for concern and their safety record speaks for itself. The fact that some pilots were critical of their employer didn't seem too credible when they continue working for them. If their concern was real then what price is your own life.
Everyone has their choice to travel with whichever airline they choose, but don't forget it's down to Ryanair that air travel is affordable because without them the other airlines would have us pay very much more inflated prices.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I use Ryanair frequently so felt compelled to watch the programme on Ch 4.Felt there was nothing it to give me cause for concern and their safety record speaks for itself. The fact that some pilots were critical of their employer didn't seem too credible when they continue working for them. If their concern was real then what price is your own life.
Everyone has their choice to travel with whichever airline they choose, but don't forget it's down to Ryanair that air travel is affordable because without them the other airlines would have us pay very much more inflated prices.

Dan747
15-08-2013, 02:53
but don't forget it's down to Ryanair that air travel is affordable because without them the other airlines would have us pay very much more inflated prices.

As somebody who works in the industry, I always feel I should point out that most other airlines would have you pay a realistic price, afterall flying to Tenerife for £200rtn isn't actually inflated, travelling nearly 2,000 miles there and back for £200-£250 isn't bad when you think about it and it's how much it costs to operate the flights these days due to fuel being so expensive.

However Ryanair have managed to get other ways to make money than just the ticket cost, such as through advertising, EU incentives, extra passenger charges and saving a small fortune by having pilots on zero hour contracts and other cost cutting methods with staff, hence they have made quite a number of people feel that paying over £150+ means they are being ripped off, when the truth is those types of fares just aren't sustainable without turning to the Ryanair model.

kathml
15-08-2013, 07:36
As somebody who works in the industry, I always feel I should point out that most other airlines would have you pay a realistic price, afterall flying to Tenerife for £200rtn isn't actually inflated, travelling nearly 2,000 miles there and back for £200-£250 isn't bad when you think about it and it's how much it costs to operate the flights these days due to fuel being so expensive.

However Ryanair have managed to get other ways to make money than just the ticket cost, such as through advertising, EU incentives, extra passenger charges and saving a small fortune by having pilots on zero hour contracts and other cost cutting methods with staff, hence they have made quite a number of people feel that paying over £150+ means they are being ripped off, when the truth is those types of fares just aren't sustainable without turning to the Ryanair model.

That's fine but as long as they are flying safely its open to the other airlines to compete with them anything that ryanair does can be copied

If it wasn't for them and Easyjet we would still be getting ripped off by the older established airlines and the tour companies

Can still remember the days when the supplements for flying from Scotland were more than the full fares on the cut price ones

That's fine but as long as they are flying safely its open to the other airlines to compete with them anything that ryanair does can be copied

If it wasn't for them and Easyjet we would still be getting ripped off by the older established airlines and the tour companies

Can still remember the days when the supplements for flying from Scotland were more than the full fares on the cut price ones

candy2411
15-08-2013, 09:33

Let's be honest about this, Ryanair have got their business plan just right, they continue to offer the lowest fares but still show a profit .Does it matter they make up their income shortfall by charging excessive hold bag fees etc at least it gives customers the option of paying for the extras rather than having the optional extras hoisted on us whether we want them or not. A couple of friends and myself booked flights for next month at the wonderful price of £104 ea, but if you wanted to book the same flights today they would be over £200, a bit nearer the date and they will probably be nearer £300. One of our party feels she can't manage with a 10kg cabin allowance and is prepared to pay £100 extra to book a case, so her flight will end up costing her £204, that's her choice, she feels its still a good price.
As for pilots being on zero hour contracts, well that happens in a lot of industries now and not everyone is earning what a pilot earns.

murph
15-08-2013, 13:40

I too use them regularly and didn't share your confidence.

Talk of a couple of planes with ''half an hours flying time of fuel remaining'' and another that ''had begun using reserve fuel'' left me concerned.

How far can you get in half an hour to land in an emergency?

Goldenmaniac
16-08-2013, 17:03
Mechanical Problems on Ryan Air Flight
August 16, 2013

A Ryanair aircraft flight had to return to Tenerife this mornng, Friday, because of mechanical problems.

The southern Reina Sofia Airport was on yellow alert for over an hour, but in the end emergency services were not required.

The plane left at 6.20 am for Billung in Denmark, but had to turn back minutes later due to a malfunction.

The plane finally landed again at Tenerife at 10 past 8 without any problems, after having burnt off some fuel.

The plane finally took off again for Denmark just after 10am.

http://newsinthesun.com/mechanical-problems-on-ryan-air-flight/

August 16, 2013

A Ryanair aircraft flight had to return to Tenerife this mornng, Friday, because of mechanical problems.

The southern Reina Sofia Airport was on yellow alert for over an hour, but in the end emergency services were not required.

The plane left at 6.20 am for Billung in Denmark, but had to turn back minutes later due to a malfunction.

The plane finally landed again at Tenerife at 10 past 8 without any problems, after having burnt off some fuel.

August 16, 2013

junglejim
16-08-2013, 19:16

Talk of a couple of planes with ''half an hours flying time of fuel remaining'' and another that ''had begun using reserve fuel'' left me concerned.

Simple arithmetic suggests at 500mph you would get around 250miles

melm
16-08-2013, 19:20

OUCH bumpy or what........and thats very much an understatement. We are flying with them at Christmas:crazy:

Medman
16-08-2013, 20:24
OUCH bumpy or what........and thats very much an understatement. We are flying with them at Christmas:crazy:

Mrs Melm, if you are flying to Tenerife, then Ryanair is the way to go. As easy as 1 2 3 O'Leary. :D

melm
16-08-2013, 20:58
Mrs Melm, if you are flying to Tenerife, then Ryanair is the way to go. As easy as 1 2 3 O'Leary. :D

oh don't even go there. Whats the next line "I saw Kate McLeary" or something like that. Well I don't really want to see her:duh:

We are flying to Tenerife with our friend Ryanair. A couple of years ago ,on a Ryanair flight from Tenerife, we had to stop at Liverpool airport to refuel.......strong headwinds got the blame. We were flying to Prestwick.

murph
16-08-2013, 22:01
A couple of years ago ,on a Ryanair flight from Tenerife, we had to stop at Liverpool airport to refuel.......strong headwinds got the blame. We were flying to Prestwick.

Interesting - That's about 250 Miles - or half an hour !!!

karinagal
17-08-2013, 12:39
I see on the Ryanair website that they are suing the program makers (of Dispatches) for libel and defamation......

murph
17-08-2013, 13:03
I see on the Ryanair website that they are suing the program makers (of Dispatches) for libel and defamation......

And they have sacked one of the pilots for speaking out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395642/Ryanair-sacks-pilot-spoke-TV-documentary-safety-fears-gross-misconduct.html

And they have sacked one of the pilots for speaking out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395642/Ryanair-sacks-pilot-spoke-TV-documentary-safety-fears-gross-misconduct.html

karinagal
17-08-2013, 13:40
He was due to retire in October - I reckon he wanted to go out with a bang! I'm assuming that the program makers might have indicated that the allegations would have more impact if one or more of the pilots was willing to be identified - that way they can dodge any question of rigging the report with 'unverifiable sources'.....

delderek
17-08-2013, 13:41
oh don't even go there. Whats the next line "I saw Kate McLeary" or something like that. Well I don't really want to see her:duh:

We are flying to Tenerife with our friend Ryanair. A couple of years ago ,on a Ryanair flight from Tenerife, we had to stop at Liverpool airport to refuel.......strong headwinds got the blame. We were flying to Prestwick.

A bit more worrying if flying to Tenerife, not to many other airports to nip in to for a top up

A bit more worrying if flying to Tenerife, not to many other airports to nip in to for a top up

kathml
17-08-2013, 14:24
If you were a pilot and thought it was so unsafe would you still fly their planes???

candy2411
17-08-2013, 15:28
If you were a pilot and thought it was so unsafe would you still fly their planes???

Exactly ! I think some of the Ryanair pilots are still smarting over the fact they now have to pay for their own meals whilst at work......as the chief executive is reported as saying 'they earn enough, why should I pay for their lunch!'

Exactly ! I think some of the Ryanair pilots are still smarting over the fact they now have to pay for their own meals whilst at work......as the chief executive is reported as saying 'they earn enough, why should I pay for their lunch!'

Ecky Thump
06-09-2013, 09:23
I have just printed my boarding passes for the 28th September, so you can forget them telling you that you can't print them out until 14 days before your flight....it's 21 Days!! Good if your going for a three week holiday.:wink:

Albatros
06-09-2013, 10:26
I have just printed my boarding passes for the 28th September, so you can forget them telling you that you can't print them out until 14 days before your flight....it's 21 Days!! Good if your going for a three week holiday.:wink:

They don't advise printing them off too soon before the flight because the fight times my change. That invalidates the boarding pass.

They don't advise printing them off too soon before the flight because the fight times my change. That invalidates the boarding pass.

Ecky Thump
06-09-2013, 10:49
They don't advise printing them off too soon before the FIGHT times my change. That invalidates the boarding pass.

I have checked this out on a previous occasion when the flight time was changed and Ryanair said that as they had changed the flight time, then the boarding pass was still valid, but a good point from you as Ryanair are notorious for policy changes, especially if they can gain extra revenue!

Maybe "FIGHT times" in your post is the truth!!:laugh::laugh:

Susief
06-09-2013, 17:33
I feel like I am being disloyal to RA but have got a TFS to Manchester for 20 Dec from Flythomascook for £23. Only set back is they only allow 5kg.
Don't tell Uncle Mickey

JaBBa
06-09-2013, 17:39
Just looked myself for end of the month,£55 brilliant iam off....

Susief
06-09-2013, 17:47
Just looked myself for end of the month,£55 brilliant iam off....

Where you flying to Jabba?

JaBBa
06-09-2013, 17:52
Where you flying to Jabba?

Were else but tenerife....lol

tfs1
20-09-2013, 14:00
from the Ryanair website:

a couple of point to note:

- the removal of the Recaptcha security 'feature' from individual passengers

- I take it the 'Passenger registration/retention service' means they will store your details so you dont need to input them every time you make a booking - not before time (as long as you dont have to pay a subscription to benefit from this feature!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryanair briefed shareholders on its plans to roll out a new website and digital marketing strategy which will include:
· Launching the ryanair Twitter page.
· Removing the Recaptcha security feature for individual passengers from 30 Oct next (Recaptcha will remain in place for high volume bookers, screenscrapers, travel agents etc.).
· Ryanair’s mobile app will from Tues 1 Oct be downloadable free of charge (previously €3).
· Booking flow redesign to go live in December.
· Passenger registration/retention service live for summer 2014, substantially reducing the time it takes to complete bookings.

- I take it the 'Passenger registration/retention service' means they will store your details so you dont need to input them every time you make a booking - not before time (as long as you dont have to pay a subscription to benefit from this feature!!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryanair briefed shareholders on its plans to roll out a new website and digital marketing strategy which will include:
· Removing the Recaptcha security feature for individual passengers from 30 Oct next (Recaptcha will remain in place for high volume bookers, screenscrapers, travel agents etc.).
· Ryanair’s mobile app will from Tues 1 Oct be downloadable free of charge (previously €3).
· Passenger registration/retention service live for summer 2014, substantially reducing the time it takes to complete bookings.

Sundowner
23-09-2013, 15:30
A new luggage service offering a cheaper way of getting your suitcases to your holiday destination will go online in October..........

read about it here........http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/trade-friendly-luggage-service-launched/4688650.article

TOTO 99
24-09-2013, 12:44
A new luggage service offering a cheaper way of getting your suitcases to your holiday destination will go online in October..........

read about it here........http://www.ttgdigital.com/news/trade-friendly-luggage-service-launched/4688650.article

Interesting idea.

If I've read it correctly you have to say goodbye to your case 4 days before you fly. I wonder how many people would be prepared to do that?

No chance of my missus ever agreeing to it..lol

golf birdie
24-09-2013, 13:08
there are plenty doing this kind of service already but to Tenerife costs a fortune plus you may be hit by duties.

tfs1
24-09-2013, 15:51
A new luggage service offering a cheaper way of getting your suitcases to your holiday destination will go online in October...

..... and will go offline soon afterwards as its a complete b*****ks of an idea for normal holidaymakers, it will never fly and those 2 guys are living an their own world - would love them to go on Dragons Den for an investment for this and see how long they last before they are laughed off.

Thanks for the original posting and giving me a laugh !

A new luggage service offering a cheaper way of getting your suitcases to your holiday destination will go online in October...

..... and will go offline soon afterwards as its a complete b*****ks of an idea for normal holidaymakers, it will never fly and those 2 guys are living an their own world - would love them to go on Dragons Den for an investment for this and see how long they last before they are laughed off.

Albatros
24-09-2013, 16:06

I don't see the problem in principle. Using travel agents and UPS seems sensible to me.

The idea of sending luggage ahead is not new but because it has been done on an individual basis it has been expensive. The countries chosen probably have enough volume to make the low cost feasible.

I am sure there are many holidaymakers who would dearly love to have the core of their luggage travel to their hotel without them having the hassle.

While I won't be using the service, I wish them well.

I don't see the problem in principle. Using travel agents and UPS seems sensible to me.

The idea of sending luggage ahead is not new but because it has been done on an individual basis it has been expensive. The countries chosen probably have enough volume to make the low cost feasible.

I am sure there are many holidaymakers who would dearly love to have the core of their luggage travel to their hotel without them having the hassle.

tfs1
24-09-2013, 20:58

like you and tens of millions of others I also will not be using the service but also wish them well - but it's still a crazy idea !!!.

You give them your case 4 days before you fly and hope that it arrives at your hotel/apartment when you do (who looks after it prior to your arrival or do they deliver it as you arrive at the door of your hotel/apt- I think not.

marbro8
29-09-2013, 20:43
i have just printed off my flight tickets and boarding passes for ryanair and checked in on line, but it doesn't say that i have 2 cases booked in? at 15 kg, i am sure i put it down when booking them in may? it just asked me if i wanted more baggage at £25 a case each way? does anyone know if the first case is included?

Tom & Sharon
29-09-2013, 21:27
No, Ryanair don't include any luggage.

If you booked baggage in when you booked, you would have paid for it at the time. It would show on your original booking confirmation that they sent, and would show on your boarding pass.

Don't panic. Re- check your original booking confirmation, or look online under "view my booking". If you've not done it, you can still add it even though you've already checked in. You just go to "manage booking" then "add bags", and add them on and pay for them. You can then reprint your boarding pass.

Sundowner
29-09-2013, 21:53
like you and tens of millions of others I also will not be using the service but also wish them well - but it's still a crazy idea !!!.

You give them your case 4 days before you fly and hope that it arrives at your hotel/apartment when you do (who looks after it prior to your arrival or do they deliver it as you arrive at the door of your hotel/apt- I think not.

I think you are wrong! It will work for a while! Until budget airlines reajust their baggage pricing.....

tfs1
01-10-2013, 07:26
I think you are wrong! It will work for a while! Until budget airlines reajust their baggage pricing.....

my original post, below, confirms we both share the same view that it would not work for too long.

.... and will go offline soon afterwards as its a complete b*****ks of an idea for normal holidaymakers, it will never fly and those 2 guys are living an their own world - would love them to go on Dragons Den for an investment for this and see how long they last before they are laughed off.

my original post, below, confirms we both share the same view that it would not work for too long.

.... and will go offline soon afterwards as its a complete b*****ks of an idea for normal holidaymakers, it will never fly and those 2 guys are living an their own world - would love them to go on Dragons Den for an investment for this and see how long they last before they are laughed off.

sundownersvince
03-11-2013, 23:13
For the past 2 days I have been trying to book a flight on Ryanairs website but I have been unable to complete the booking, or indeed get past page 2. Found out their site doesnt like Chrome so downloaded Firefox as suggested from a Google search into the problem and sure enough it works on that. Flight now booked at last!

Megaloo
04-11-2013, 09:40
Just picked this up on Sky News
http://news.sky.com/story/1163533/ryanair-moves-to-fully-allocated-seating

tfs1
04-11-2013, 10:06
allocated seating to cost €/£ 5. If you dont go for this preselection offer you get your seats allocated 24hrs before you fly.

Interesting to see how that works out as their press release says .....

All passengers who don’t wish to pay a small fee (€5)to select their preferred seats will be allocated seats during the 24 hours prior to the date of scheduled departure.

is this after online checkin / printing of boarding passes ? Will the cabin crew personally escort you to your allocated seat if you havent chosen the pre allocation ?!

boredinscotland
04-11-2013, 11:08
Ryanair will be allocating seats to save time on ground for the plane, it is a shambles people walking about looking for seats together that leave it til last miniute to board, this will be done to suit them, not the paying public

candy2411
15-11-2013, 12:41
Liking the new Ryanair website......and thank heavens that awful captcha security code thingy has gone !!

junglejim
15-11-2013, 14:17
Ryanair will be allocating seats to save time on ground for the plane, it is a shambles people walking about looking for seats together that leave it til last miniute to board, this will be done to suit them, not the paying public

I came out on Monday from Prestwick , actually got to front of non priority queue and selected my seat - I prefer an isle seat and my wife prefers a left window seat which we duly got in row 7 ,although rows 3-5 were blocked off .
Shortly before moving off ,the steward asked me and another on the adjacent isle seat tomove in toallow a family with a baby to sit together - I stated I was happy where I was and there were 3 empty rows in front of me that would be more comfortable for the woman and her baby as it wouldn´t have to sit on her lap all journey .
He got quite stroppy and insisted it was mandatory despite the fact there was empty seats 2 rows in front -the argument got to the stage where I felt I was going to be put off the plane ! So I moved !
It will be interesting to see how their management of seats works out in their new system !

Susief
15-11-2013, 18:08
Liking the new Ryanair website......and thank heavens that awful captcha security code thingy has gone !!

They've also got an app for the iPhone. Not sure if there's an android one.

Su1
16-11-2013, 12:20
[QUOTE=Su1;335094]What you have described really annoys me! You see familes at the airport in the bar , having a coffee and strolling up to the plane, getting on nearly last and then they complain they cannot sit together. We have had children and we took them on a plane from under 6 mths old...we always tried to get on first, even when seats were booked. It takes longer to settle children and I like my bag where I could easily get it ,as all the 'children's essentials were in there!

Another gripe, we bought extra leg room seats row 1, only checked in a few hours before the flight and the seat next to us was empty. We saw a chap get on who was over 6ft 6 ins tall. We both commented on his height and very long legs. After we had been in the air twenty mins the steward asked us if we minded this chap sitting next to us as he was uncomfortable. We objected because he could have bought the seat when he checked in..he had not just suddenly grown!!!!! We were overuled and made to feel so mean. I wonder who had the last laugh and who were the mugs who paid the extra for comfort!
My moans of the day...feel better now. Travelling with Ryanair next week to Tenerife..........have bought an extra leg room seat!

What you have described really annoys me! You see familes at the airport in the bar , having a coffee and strolling up to the plane, getting on nearly last and then they complain they cannot sit together. We have had children and we took them on a plane from under 6 mths old...we always tried to get on first, even when seats were booked. It takes longer to settle children and I like my bag where I could easily get it ,as all the 'children's essentials were in there!

Another gripe, we bought extra leg room seats row 1, only checked in a few hours before the flight and the seat next to us was empty. We saw a chap get on who was over 6ft 6 ins tall. We both commented on his height and very long legs. After we had been in the air twenty mins the steward asked us if we minded this chap sitting next to us as he was uncomfortable. We objected because he could have bought the seat when he checked in..he had not just suddenly grown!!!!! We were overuled and made to feel so mean. I wonder who had the last laugh and who were the mugs who paid the extra for comfort!
My moans of the day...feel better now. Travelling with Ryanair next week to Tenerife..........have bought an extra leg room seat!

Angusjim
16-11-2013, 12:26
We just got word that our flight time for 3/1/14 has been changed from my favourite time of 6.30am to 12.00noon and we have booked a hotel at airport for the early start nae happy as I do like the early flight. But hey ho there you go:spin: ( my smillies are working again:))

tatties&gravy
18-11-2013, 12:18
Been browsing through the new site and although I have not needed to book a flight yet I see no place to claim residents discount. Am I doing something wrong ?

Su1
18-11-2013, 15:32
Checking in for flight on the new site...seemed to take me ages , probably a few seconds (!!) to find the 'travel without insurance' (we have annual policies)..eventually found it listed alpbetically amongst the countries where you are resident! I think it was under D for dont insure! Maybe i'm a bit slow!

Checking in for flight on the new site...seemed to take me ages , probably a few seconds (!!) to find the 'travel without insurance' (we have annual policies)..eventually found it listed alpbetically amongst the countries where you are resident! I think it was under D for dont insure! Maybe i'm a bit slow!

tatties&gravy
20-11-2013, 09:45
The tick box for residents is just below the one way or return boxes.

Angusjim
11-12-2013, 16:00
Just returned from another faultless journey there and back but you just have to wonder about some people, we arrived at checkout there was about 4 or 5 lassies with ALL hand luggage overweight then 4 adults who pitched up with suitcases not checked in moaning about having to pay, come on it cannot be any clearer when you are booking about the luggage rules its no like they hide them when you are booking:doh:

tinker88
11-12-2013, 17:38
Totally agree with the "young families" comment, my husband and I have choose not to have kids even thou all our friends have recently etc , we choose when boarding a Ryan air flight to not sit near babies and baby screaming lungs! (Yeah I'm a moaner! But had far too many flights made unbearable by babies) now firstly I think its unfair to fly a tiny baby with the air pressure in their ears (its hurts my adult ears at times and I remember as I child how it hurt) I think its inconsiderate of parents and there babies to fly them "just for some sun" would it really hurt to see some of lovely Britain on holiday until the child isn't going to be in pain, and no ones telling me that the scream the babies do while flying isn't an in pain scream.

And if they do decide to fly with a young family do not think you are not included in Ryan airs queue and rush for a seat. If you NEED to sit with your baby /family etc - buy priority OR get to the front of the Queue not relax on the seats til last minute then cause a stir until some poor bloke that used his common sense and got his seat is forced to move .

Every time it have flown with Ryanair this has happened and the person sat in front or behind a baby there face drops because they know they will have to listen to the screams..... And even more dread the family with a baby and a 4 yr old who will kick you all the way and put the tray up and down 549 times whilst in the air and the parents will ignore this because the baby is screaming

tinker88
11-12-2013, 17:53
Totally agree with the "young families" comment, my husband and I have choose not to have kids even thou all our friends have recently etc , we choose when boarding a Ryan air flight to not sit near babies and baby screaming lungs! (Yeah I'm a moaner! But had far too many flights made unbearable by babies) now firstly I think its unfair to fly a tiny baby with the air pressure in their ears (its hurts my adult ears at times and I remember as I child how it hurt) I think its inconsiderate of parents and there babies to fly them "just for some sun" would it really hurt to see some of lovely Britain on holiday until the child isn't going to be in pain, and no ones telling me that the scream the babies do while flying isn't an in pain scream.

And if they do decide to fly with a young family do not think you are not included in Ryan airs queue and rush for a seat. If you NEED to sit with your baby /family etc - buy priority OR get to the front of the Queue not relax on the seats til last minute then cause a stir until some poor bloke that used his common sense and got his seat is forced to move .

Every time it have flown with Ryanair this has happened and the person sat in front or behind a baby there face drops because they know they will have to listen to the screams..... And even more dread the family with a baby and a 4 yr old who will kick you all the way and put the tray up and down 549 times whilst in the air and the parents will ignore this because the baby is screaming

lesbroz
11-12-2013, 18:07

Oops! Think I have changed my name to tinker88

LUCKY
11-12-2013, 18:14

I have never flown Ryanair But if i did i would also change my name to tinker88:flatcap:

I have never flown Ryanair But if i did i would also change my name to tinker88:flatcap:

melm
11-12-2013, 20:16
[QUOTE=tinker88;341331]Totally agree with the "young families" comment, my husband and I have choose not to have kids even thou all our friends have recently etc , we choose when boarding a Ryan air flight to not sit near babies and baby screaming lungs! (Yeah I'm a moaner! But had far too many flights made unbearable by babies) now firstly I think its unfair to fly a tiny baby with the air pressure in their ears (its hurts my adult ears at times and I remember as I child how it hurt) I think its inconsiderate of parents and there babies to fly them "just for some sun" would it really hurt to see some of lovely Britain on holiday until the child isn't going to be in pain, and no ones telling me that the scream the babies do while flying isn't an in pain scream.

While I totally agree with you this problem is not exclusive to Ryanair. Twice in the past we have been moved to accomodate families who were late boarding.
Not on Ryanair flights. Once on a flight to Turkey we were moved and put in the last row of the plane in the most uncomfortable seats imaginable and the second time we were asked to move I said I would not move if they were putting us to the back of the plane. And dont get me started on the child who kicks the back of the seat. :duh: But I supppose our holidays are worth it:lol: ...................

lmt1970
11-12-2013, 23:55

Good god I bet your fun to live with!

tfs1
18-12-2013, 13:10
it would appear that Ryanair have cottoned onto the trick of making 2 bookings, one for each leg of the journey, rather than booking a return to save money.

Those will remember that prices were the same in £ as €, so booking the Tenerife to UK leg separately you could make a saving as it would be in €.

Factoring in the exchange rate it would end up lower than the £ amount - if you understand what I mean.

Now the TFS to UK in € takes into account the exchange rate so it is significantly higher than the £ rate, no more savings this way, at the moment its just as cost effective to do the out/return in the one booking.

it would appear that Ryanair have cottoned onto the trick of making 2 bookings, one for each leg of the journey, rather than booking a return to save money.

Those will remember that prices were the same in £ as €, so booking the Tenerife to UK leg separately you could make a saving as it would be in €.

Factoring in the exchange rate it would end up lower than the £ amount - if you understand what I mean.

Now the TFS to UK in € takes into account the exchange rate so it is significantly higher than the £ rate, no more savings this way, at the moment its just as cost effective to do the out/return in the one booking.

unable to edit post - when I choose the edit option the 'text' box is empty

unable to edit post - when I choose the edit option the 'text' box is empty

barryk
22-12-2013, 11:24
Instant cure for seat kickers

I have always thought leg belts should be available on flights so you can tie the charming little s..ds legs to the seat.

Also what about those inconsiderate older fliers who tend to sit one person at the window and one in the asile seat. The pile up the middle seat with papers and coats etc. Nobody takes up the middle seat and surprise surprise that seat is left empty and they have bags of room. Why not make the seat kickers sit in the middle seat.

Anyone else know of anymore anti social habits practiced by the Ryanair Frequent Flyer Brigade

Barryk

[COLOR="silver"]- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - -

SueB
22-12-2013, 13:01
Slightly off topic - i.e not Ryanair, but I was on a long haul flight to the USA recently and had 3 kids sat in the row in front of me, youngest around 5 eldest around 14. They were completely out of control, yelling, arguing, and jumping around. I was amazed that their parents didn't intervene, it was only later in the flight (which was 9 hours!) that 'mum & dad' appeared, and it finally dawned that whilst we and the screaming kids were in economy, the parents were up front in business class! Now that really was annoying.:angry:

tfs1
22-12-2013, 13:04
On a very busy flight last year from Spain to the UK a young 'lady' travelling with a very young baby in her arms was sitting at the window seat a few of rows in front of us.

The last on the plane was a young spanish guy and was looking for a seat when one of the cabin crew, keen to get him seated, showed him to the empty seat (the aisle seat was taken by someone else).

The 'lady' with the baby protested to the cabin crew that nobody can sit in the empty seat as she needed it for her baby and to give her some space on the plane.

The cabin crew asked her if she had she paid for the empty seat and she said no but then she got very aggressive and angry, to the point where if she continued her layers of makeup would cracked and fallen off of her face.

The poor spanish guy didn't really know what was going on and was clearly very embarrassed by being the centre of this altercation. He passed us and went to the back of the plane and found a seat.

The 'lady' gave one of those 'I've won' sarcastic type of smiles.

The young 'lady' had won.

[

primrose
22-12-2013, 13:21
On a very busy flight last year from Spain to the UK a young 'lady' travelling with a very young baby in her arms was sitting at the window seat a few of rows in front of us.

The last on the plane was a young spanish guy and was looking for a seat when one of the cabin crew, keen to get him seated, showed him to the empty seat (the aisle seat was taken by someone else).

The 'lady' with the baby protested to the cabin crew that nobody can sit in the empty seat as she needed it for her baby and to give her some space on the plane.

The cabin crew asked her if she had she paid for the empty seat and she said no but then she got very aggressive and angry, to the point where if she continued her layers of makeup would cracked and fallen off of her face.

The poor spanish guy didn't really know what was going on and was clearly very embarrassed by being the centre of this altercation. He passed us and went to the back of the plane and found a seat.

[

I think he had a lucky escape.:D

[

I think he had a lucky escape.:D

Angusjim
22-12-2013, 13:22

[

Although in hindsight guy was probably better off moving but I agree some of those travelling with kids need to get better organised and not continually play the woe am I thing they chose to travel with kids. There you go bah humbug !! Merry Christmas:doh::lol:

tfs1
22-12-2013, 13:30
I think he had a lucky escape.

probably did, it was just her attitude and aggressiveness - not a very nice person, maybe that's why she was travelling on her own !

tfs1
23-12-2013, 09:30
I have just booked a Ryanair flight and see you can now set up an 'account' with Ryanair to help speed the booking process.

You provide your static details ie name, address, payment card details etc and when you come to book your flight you logon to your account using your email/password that you have previously setup - haven't done that bit yet but will be booking another flight in a few days.

The option to logon / setup the account appears in the top right of the screen once you have the results of a flight search.

barryk
14-02-2014, 20:52
Well it was too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!Ryanair new policies.

Just tried to book flights for May and noticed the standard seat charges have gone up from £5 to £10 per person per sector. Anothe r£40 per booking for two people

Have not compared the luggage prices as we always go hand luggage.

Barryk

Well it was too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!Ryanair new policies.

Just tried to book flights for May and noticed the standard seat charges have gone up from £5 to £10 per person per sector. Anothe r£40 per booking for two people

Have not compared the luggage prices as we always go hand luggage.

Barryk

golf birdie
15-02-2014, 10:51
so really, what they have done is increased PB by 2.50 each :lol:

karinagal
15-02-2014, 14:08
so really, what they have done is increased PB by 2.50 each :lol:

Yup! However, it DOES say in their terms and conditions that seat prices start from £5 per person per journey so maybe it is less on shorter flights? Personally, I don't really care... I've booked my favourite seat for my next flight! :D :p :D

maxbaby
15-02-2014, 14:15
Hi, you could 'pretend'to book a flight and when choose your seat comes up have a look then to see whats available.

tfs1
15-02-2014, 17:32
We had our first 'seat allocation' flight a couple of days ago and it did seem more relaxed process than the normal scrum when on board. Queuing at the gate was still a case of elbows out and watching for those who are about to push in front of you !

We had to get a bus to the plane, priority boarders were already on the bus when we boarded it, we dutifully stayed at the rear door to get on the plane from the rear steps when the bus arrived at the plane.

It was only when we got to the plane and they only opened the front door of the bus did we then realise that the priority payers were 'encouraged' to move to the front of the bus as the rest of us got on it - so they got some benefit from paying a little more.

They must have moved loads of hand luggage to the hold prior to people boarding the plane as we didn't have the usual lack of overhead space. I know they say the first 90 keep there cases on board and they rest go in the hold - maybe they did this on our flight as it was very noticeable there were no issues with space at all.

We had our first 'seat allocation' flight a couple of days ago and it did seem more relaxed process than the normal scrum when on board. Queuing at the gate was still a case of elbows out and watching for those who are about to push in front of you !

We had to get a bus to the plane, priority boarders were already on the bus when we boarded it, we dutifully stayed at the rear door to get on the plane from the rear steps when the bus arrived at the plane.

It was only when we got to the plane and they only opened the front door of the bus did we then realise that the priority payers were 'encouraged' to move to the front of the bus as the rest of us got on it - so they got some benefit from paying a little more.

They must have moved loads of hand luggage to the hold prior to people boarding the plane as we didn't have the usual lack of overhead space. I know they say the first 90 keep there cases on board and they rest go in the hold - maybe they did this on our flight as it was very noticeable there were no issues with space at all.

Susief
15-02-2014, 18:31
Yup! However, it DOES say in their terms and conditions that seat prices start from £5 per person per journey so maybe it is less on shorter flights? Personally, I don't really care... I've booked my favourite seat for my next flight! :D :p :D

I've just booked my extra leg room seat for my flight out in May.
Whole flight including extra leg room was only £50. Bargain.

macdonald5
15-02-2014, 18:55
Not a bargain Susief almost a steal !! Super price Don't want to think what we've paid now for Jet2 :crying2:

Not a bargain Susief almost a steal !! Super price Don't want to think what we've paid now for Jet2 :crying2:

Susief
15-02-2014, 19:31

We rarely pay more than £50 each way. My hubby's flight end of April was £70 return. Not booked seats or bags but he doesn't tend to bother. I like to know where I'm sitting.
Just come back early in week and flew out with Easyjet and prebooked regular seats for £3 each, although it is free on check in but they automatically allocate.
If it wasn't for RA we wouldn't get out to Tenerife as much. Thanks to Uncle Mickey

Angusjim
16-02-2014, 09:21
We rarely pay more than £50 each way. My hubby's flight end of April was £70 return. Not booked seats or bags but he doesn't tend to bother. I like to know where I'm sitting.
Just come back early in week and flew out with Easyjet and prebooked regular seats for £3 each, although it is free on check in but they automatically allocate.
If it wasn't for RA we wouldn't get out to Tenerife as much. Thanks to Uncle Mickey

Thats it Susie long live uncle Mickey without them him we would all have been paying £500 for flights to Tenerife

Thats it Susie long live uncle Mickey without them him we would all have been paying £500 for flights to Tenerife

Susief
16-02-2014, 17:33
[QUOTE=Angusjim;354678]Thats it Susie long live uncle Mickey without them him we would all have been paying £500 for flights to Tenerife

Yes that's true AJ. He got rid of the monopoly that the other airlines had. I remember our first Christmas we paid £270 each with bags. Makes me shudder thinking we can go twice at other times for that price. Was out last week with my Aunt. £50 out with Easyjet and back £49 with Thomson. Could have had cheaper RA ones but times/dates suited us.
Got to wait until May now, but got a trip to NZ next month. Flying Emirates.

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 13:12
So when will Ryanair open winter flights fae Scotchland:rolleyes:

tfs1
21-04-2014, 13:31
last year their winter schedule was released around June and cant see any chatter for any news on this years dates.

last year their winter schedule was released around June and cant see any chatter for any news on this years dates.

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:35

They are on twitter I'll ask them for you,

Ecky Thump
21-04-2014, 13:38

Ask for me as well and tell them I want "Mates Rates"!:goodluck:

tfs1
21-04-2014, 13:43

Easyjets Facebook User interface certainly was very useful this year in advising when the winter schedule was going to be released.

They wouldn't give the actual date but gave a clear indication about which month and when closer to the release date the week ie 'later next week they would be released' etc etc

Easyjets Facebook User interface certainly was very useful this year in advising when the winter schedule was going to be released.

They wouldn't give the actual date but gave a clear indication about which month and when closer to the release date the week ie 'later next week they would be released' etc etc

Susief
21-04-2014, 13:44

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 13:44
I see flight on 24th October £55 to Tenerife from Prestwick will I take chance that the return 7 days later when it becomes available will be reasonable price or will uncle Micky put a premium on this knowing he will catch a few of his loyal subjects:crazy:

Ecky Thump
21-04-2014, 13:50
I see flight on 24th October £55 to Tenerife from Prestwick will I take chance that the return 7 days later when it becomes available will be reasonable price or will uncle Micky put a premium on this knowing he will catch a few of his loyal subjects:crazy:

Do Not book on the Prestwick flight on the 24th October as you might be sitting next to me...I'll be in seat 18c:spin:

Do Not book on the Prestwick flight on the 24th October as you might be sitting next to me...I'll be in seat 18c:spin:

Susief
21-04-2014, 14:00
Just had this reply from RA:
ryanair: Susief23 Hi Sue. Ryanair endeavours to load flight schedules at least five to six months in advance of operation. Thanks. JS

I'm loving the new caring sharing RA.

Susief
21-04-2014, 14:00
Damn thing duplicating again

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 14:03
Just had this reply from RA:
ryanair: Susief23 Hi Sue. Ryanair endeavours to load flight schedules at least five to six months in advance of operation. Thanks. JS

I'm loving the new caring sharing RA.
So that could anytime May or June maybe not quire as helpful as first thought but thanks for asking:)

tfs1
21-04-2014, 14:38
@ryanair: @Susief23 Hi Sue. Ryanair endeavours to load flight schedules at least five to six months in advance of operation. Thanks. JS

....but for Stansted and Dublin they can release flights 7 to 8 (or is it 9) months in advance of operation.

@ryanair: @Susief23 Hi Sue. Ryanair endeavours to load flight schedules at least five to six months in advance of operation. Thanks. JS

....but for Stansted and Dublin they can release flights 7 to 8 (or is it 9) months in advance of operation.

kingbaker
21-04-2014, 20:52

Scotland mightn't be in the EU then....only one way flights:(:D

junglejim
21-04-2014, 21:00
In the (unlikely) event of a Yes vote , separation wilbe on 24th March 2016 ,so you´re ok this year !
Doesn´t stop the Irish flying in and out .
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-25070576

In the (unlikely) event of a Yes vote , separation wilbe on 24th March 2016 ,so you´re ok this year !

kingbaker
21-04-2014, 21:39

Rubbish anything can happen after the vote. England might get peed off paying for Wales and NornIron, and could itself resign from the UQ leaving HM homeless.....in Wales.:(

kingbaker
21-04-2014, 21:42

ayes but anything can happen after the vote. England might get peed off paying for Wales and NornIron, and could itself resign from the UQ leaving HM homeless.....in Wales.:(:D:

Yes but wott an airline!!:D:(

Susief
24-04-2014, 08:03
Does anyone want a cheap flight back to Man from TFS? £23 with Flythomascook http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/24/benahehu.jpg

Susief
24-04-2014, 08:12
Sorry it's £23 won't let me edit

tfs1
29-04-2014, 18:08
just had an email saying Ryanair Manchester 2014 winter schedule released today. Ryanair website playing up and doesnt seem to reflect this - maybe initial problems.

Susief
29-04-2014, 18:13
just had an email saying Ryanair Manchester 2014 winter schedule released today. Ryanair website playing up and doesnt seem to reflect this - maybe initial problems.

It works on Skyscanner.

Ecky Thump
29-04-2014, 18:32
Prestwick winter schedule hasn't yet been released, but I've just printed my return flights for the 29th May, so Ryanair's new 31 day check in works.

Now all I've got to do is remember to be at Prestwick airport at 4am on Thursday!:)

green1960
29-04-2014, 21:35
It works on Skyscanner.

Can I ask what is working on Skyscanner?

It works on Skyscanner.

Susief
29-04-2014, 22:27

The RA flights from Manc are showing on there. Got some £40 flights too.

tfs1
29-04-2014, 22:37
there are however flights on the Ryanair website to other locations from Manchester.

Ecky Thump
30-04-2014, 07:26
It works on Skyscanner.

I just looked on Skyscanner for Tenerife to Prestwick on the 21st November and got quite excited when it opened up with a Ryanair flight, soon got deflated when I saw that it was via Dublin and a 14 hour journey!:cry:

Susief
30-04-2014, 07:30
I just looked on Skyscanner for Tenerife to Prestwick on the 21st November and got quite excited when it opened up with a Ryanair flight, soon got deflated when I saw that it was via Dublin and a 14 hour journey!:cry:

Haha poor Ecky. There are some benefits to living in Lancs for the 3 airports.
Not long now? Has Carol packed?

Ecky Thump
30-04-2014, 13:25
Haha poor Ecky. There are some benefits to living in Lancs for the 3 airports.
Not long now? Has Carol packed?

Carol has packed and unpacked about three times and is now off to M&S in Ayr to buy more stuff!:twak:

green1960
30-04-2014, 16:24
What dates have you booked?

What dates have you booked.

Sorry was trying to reply with a quote for Susief , what dates have you booked? Thanks

Sorry was trying to reply with a quote for Susief , what dates have you booked? Thanks

Susief
30-04-2014, 16:38

Ah right. Not booked any at mo. Going out to Tenerife next week. £35 each way, added extra leg room seats so £50 each way. Don't bother with luggage unless taking something specific out as leave our clothes in caravan.

green1960
30-04-2014, 16:41
Who you asking?

Sorry was asking you, Susief, I am having all sorts of trouble with internet today. Thanks

Who you asking?

Sorry was asking you, Susief, I am having all sorts of trouble with internet today. Thanks

Susief
30-04-2014, 16:47

Haha me too.
Not booked any at mo. Going out to Tenerife next week. £35 each way, added extra leg room seats so £50 each way. Don't bother with luggage unless taking something specific out as leave our clothes in caravan.

Susief
05-05-2014, 00:07
Looks like the RA Christmas/New Year flights are back up on website.

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 07:25
Looks like the RA Christmas/New Year flights are back up on website.

Not in Scotchland

Susief
05-05-2014, 08:18
Not in Scotchland

You'll have to move. Manchester and Liverpool both on. Some flights Nov/early Dec £36.

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 09:39
Susie that may happen if Alex Salmond has his way :crazy::scotland:

Susief
05-05-2014, 10:09

Haha yes he is one crazy deluded fool!

kingbaker
05-05-2014, 11:47

I think you mean if a majority vote that way or 50% of voters plus 1.
Independence is a 'National version' of individuals levels of 'self esteem,' issue and nothing really to do with Alex Salmond except in the short term.......a bit like an 'puppy is for life and not just for Christmas' advertisement.;)
Ah!! Ryanair for better value!:D

kingbaker
05-05-2014, 11:53

Independence is a 'National version' of individuals levels of 'self esteem,' issue and nothing really to do with Alex Salmond except in the short term.......a bit like an 'puppy is for life and not just for Christmas' advertisement.;)

Just saying like!!!!:);)

Susief
05-05-2014, 13:38
Ah!! Ryanair for better value!:D

KB only understood that last line!

Angusjim
05-05-2014, 14:06
KB only understood that last line!
Susie I refer you to his location I need say no more :whistle::whistle:

Susief
05-05-2014, 15:33
Susie I refer you to his location I need say no more :whistle::whistle:

Ah yes from the land of the Irish. So it wasn't just me AJ that didn't understand him? haha

kingbaker
06-05-2014, 14:53
Is that all!!
I thought I was gonna be hammered......bit like being savaged by a dead sheep!! Eh Aj:p:(:what::(;)

kingbaker
06-05-2014, 14:55
Post vanished agaon admin:(

kingbaker
06-05-2014, 14:55
Post vanished agaon admin:(

jolfc
06-05-2014, 15:24
I hope I am asking this in the right place. I am looking into booking with Ryanair, but when filling the names in there is no "miss" option just mrs and ms.....I am a 'miss' so would I use 'ms'? Many thanks for any help in advance, :) I don't want any problems at check in with my passport not matching up.

I hope I am asking this in the right place. I am looking into booking with Ryanair, but when filling the names in there is no 'miss' option just mrs and ms.....I am a 'miss' so would I use 'ms'? Many thanks for any help in advance, I would not like any problems at check in with names not matching.

kingbaker
06-05-2014, 16:48
I hope I am asking this in the right place. I am looking into booking with Ryanair, but when filling the names in there is no "miss" option just mrs and ms.....I am a 'miss' so would I use 'ms'? Many thanks for any help in advance, :) I don't want any problems at check in with my passport not matching up.

I hope I am asking this in the right place. I am looking into booking with Ryanair, but when filling the names in there is no 'miss' option just mrs and ms.....I am a 'miss' so would I use 'ms'? Many thanks for any help in advance, I would not like any problems at check in with names not matching.

I boarded a Ryanair plane once and the attendent said "Good Morning Doctor". I hadnt noticed till I sat down. :D:p

Medman
06-05-2014, 17:32

Hadn't noticed that before, (must have MISSed it) but yes I believe Ms is the correct option. It's not on your passport whether you are a Sir, Dr. Rev or plain old Mr, so don't se it making any difference.

Hadn't noticed that before, (must have MISSed it) but yes I believe Ms is the correct option. It's not on your passport whether you are a Sir, Dr. Rev or plain old Mr, so don't se it making any difference.

jolfc
07-05-2014, 03:48
Thank you for your help.

Chine
08-05-2014, 12:48
Anyone know why Ryanair have taken off the fights from October onwards from bhx and east mids ? They were on there yesterday

green1960
08-05-2014, 12:59
They will come back on later today probably, I think it is when they are loading new flights for new airports, they take them all off. Bristol and Luton had not been loaded up to yesterday, so this might be why?

fixer
09-05-2014, 00:15
Ryanair flights now out for Xmas new year from Prestwick they were £671 for two with seats booked or £611 just for flights

Angusjim
20-05-2014, 09:26
So I just booked a wee 3 night break to Malaga in August never booked seats and taking only hand luggage so other than having to possibly sit apart from the wife are there any other "unforseen" issues that we may have:)

TOTO 99
20-05-2014, 10:38
So I just booked a wee 3 night break to Malaga in August never booked seats and taking only hand luggage so other than having to possibly sit apart from the wife are there any other "unforseen" issues that we may have:)

It might crash......:lol:

Susief
20-05-2014, 11:18

Haha Mrs AJ might enjoy the break away from you AJ.

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 17:01

Mrs AJ might just love being away from you............on a more permanent basis!!!:p:D;)

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 17:02

Mrs AJ might just love being away from you............on a more permanent basis!!!:p:D;):p:(;)

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 17:03

Mrs AJ might just love being away from you............on a more permanent basis!!!:p:D;):p:(;):(:p;)

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 17:14
I used to have a stutter but I'm alrignt now...............alright now...alright now:p:D;):)

Ryanair !!!!!!!:p;)

macdonald5
20-05-2014, 19:49
Ryanair flights now out for Xmas new year from Prestwick they were £671 for two with seats booked or £611 just for flights

Glad we didn't wait for Ryanair release then, we booked Jet2 from Glasgow months ago at £657 for 2 including extra leg room seats

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 21:42
Have you got BIG leg:(:D;)

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 21:47
Or maybe an extra one:(:p

Ecky Thump
20-05-2014, 22:01
Or maybe an extra one:(:p

That was "Jake the Peg" with the extra leg, I bet he now wished he kept it in his pocket!:-))

kingbaker
20-05-2014, 22:36
Was gonna say yes Jake :rolleyes::p:(:(:p:(;)

fixer
20-05-2014, 23:24
My dates were £1240 with Jet2 so Ryan air almost half price.

Angusjim
21-05-2014, 06:46
Haha Mrs AJ might enjoy the break away from you AJ.

Come to think of it it was her idea not to book seats:lol:

Glad I sold my timeshare at new year time because there is no way I will ever pay £600 plus for flights to Tenerife it has nothing to offer that would encourage me to spend that amount of money on tickets:(

Susief
21-05-2014, 20:47
Come to think of it it was her idea not to book seats:lol:

Glad I sold my timeshare at new year time because there is no way I will ever pay £600 plus for flights to Tenerife it has nothing to offer that would encourage me to spend that amount of money on tickets:(

Haha I bet it was AJ, she trying to tell you something.

If we pay more than £100 return on flights to Tenerife then it's not a bargain. Can't remember last time we did. Last few times have had £35 each way.

Angusjim
22-05-2014, 07:00
I have started going on to Skyscanner and putting in the whole month and see what comes up that's what I did for Malaga got return flights for £90 then booked accommodation but I am lucky as I can go on dates as I please.Long live uncle Mick:c2::c2:

junglejim
22-05-2014, 07:44
Malaga AJ? You taking your Shell-Suit and pony tail with you ? :crylaughing:
Is the tax man chasing you too ? :lol::lol:

Susief
22-05-2014, 07:47
I have started going on to Skyscanner and putting in the whole month and see what comes up that's what I did for Malaga got return flights for £90 then booked accommodation but I am lucky as I can go on dates as I please.Long live uncle Mick:c2::c2:

I am always checking prices to TFS on skyscanner. Love the monthly view. Tend to use it more in my iPhone as an app.
Long live Uncle M

Angusjim
22-05-2014, 10:44
Malaga AJ? You taking your Shell-Suit and pony tail with you ? :crylaughing:
Is the tax man chasing you too ? :lol::lol:
Lets not forget your local in Tenerife is the Irish Rover I rest my case:doh::lol:

junglejim
22-05-2014, 11:24
Lets not forget your local in Tenerife is the Irish Rover I rest my case:doh::lol:

Cheap and cheerful AJ but no Shell-Suits ! And very local !

Chine
22-05-2014, 23:11

If your planning to stay in malaga you will have a great time it has tidied its look a great deal and there are plenty of sightseeing trips available to the museums ( Picasso etc) the beaches and restaurants are fantastic all cheap but good quality , if your planning on a car tho the parking is hard work tho , sometimes easier on the bus , enjoy

Angusjim
23-05-2014, 06:36
If your planning to stay in malaga you will have a great time it has tidied its look a great deal and there are plenty of sightseeing trips available to the museums ( Picasso etc) the beaches and restaurants are fantastic all cheap but good quality , if your planning on a car tho the parking is hard work tho , sometimes easier on the bus , enjoy

Chine we are going a bit more up market going Torremolinos:doh::c2::c2: just going for a 4 days to relax / drink / eat but have heard the open top bus tour of Malaga is very good so planning to go on that.:)

Angusjim
26-05-2014, 12:21
Winter flights from Edinburgh to Tenerife have disappeared again???:dontknow:

videotalker
26-05-2014, 12:57
I'm travelling to Tenerife next week and don't want to pay for seats, but looking at the website it seems that I will have to pay for them on the return journey as I don't have access to a printer on holiday and they only allow you to do online check-in 7 days before travel. Does anyone know a way round this?

Leam_Lin
26-05-2014, 13:32
I'm travelling to Tenerife next week and don't want to pay for seats, but looking at the website it seems that I will have to pay for them on the return journey as I don't have access to a printer on holiday and they only allow you to do online check-in 7 days before travel. Does anyone know a way round this?

Print them off in Tenerife.

Print them off in Tenerife.

macdonald5
26-05-2014, 14:00

Back up short while ago AJ , I checked some Dec / January 2015 dates

Angusjim
26-05-2014, 14:15

Thank you I said thank you:lol:

videotalker
26-05-2014, 14:16
I don't have access to a printer in Tenerife - staying in my own apt so looking for an alternative if anyone has one?

Susief
26-05-2014, 14:21
I don't have access to a printer in Tenerife - staying in my own apt so looking for an alternative if anyone has one?

Go to an internet shop. Cost you a couple of euros to print or bite the bullet and pay €10 or €15 for premium with PB.

Angusjim
26-05-2014, 14:24
Susie Uncle Micks no covering himself in glory with this carry on about printing out boarding cards:nono:

kingbaker
26-05-2014, 14:35
Maybe some A4 paper as well!!

Dear Mr. O'Leary........... :D

kingbaker
26-05-2014, 14:38
forum going wonky again?

Susie Uncle Micks no covering himself in glory with this carry on about printing out boarding cards:nono:
Maybe Uncle Mick should provide printers as well as cheap flights:lol:;):raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2: :raspberry2::fpull::fpull:

Maybe Uncle Mick should provide printers as well as cheap flights:lol:;):raspberry2::raspberry2::raspberry2: :raspberry2::fpull::fpull:

Susief
26-05-2014, 16:05
forum going wonky again?

Damn forum playing up again!

Heard you the first time KB! haha

I took the free seat for my hubby a few weeks ago and then on the one coming back I paid the €10. His flight was only €33 so with that was €43

kingbaker
26-05-2014, 16:13
Ha!! Ha!! Susief............my utterances are not even in the correct order.:snore::D

Ha!! Ha!! Susief............my utterances are not even in the correct order

Ha!! Ha!! Susief............my utterances are not even in the correct order

Susief
27-05-2014, 07:10
Haha 3 times again KB.

kingbaker
27-05-2014, 10:16
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry Ha!!Ha!!:(;)

Susief
27-05-2014, 20:08
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry Ha!!Ha!!:(;)

Damn forum

Damn forum

Damn forum! [emoji3]

kingbaker
27-05-2014, 23:31

Where abouts you staying?

kingbaker
28-05-2014, 07:45
Damn forum again......:confused:

Susief
28-05-2014, 18:55
Well I feel like a traitor but just booked a one way ticket with Monarch for Sept. Worked out cheaper than RA but hope not disappointed.

kingbaker
28-05-2014, 19:15
Well I feel like a traitor but just booked a one way ticket with Monarch for Sept. Worked out cheaper than RA but hope not disappointed.

Oh wash your mouth with soap!!!!!
No 'on time' bugle call for you madam!!!:confused:

Susief
28-05-2014, 19:18
Oh wash your mouth with soap!!!!!
No 'on time' bugle call for you madam!!!:confused:

Haha I know terrible, going to come back with RA does that count? lol

kingbaker
28-05-2014, 19:19
Haha I know terrible, going to come back with RA does that count? lol

Only if you get there first:p

Susief
28-05-2014, 19:20
Only if you get there first:p

Haha okay let's keep our fingers crossed. Think we only flown with them once in 5 years.

kingbaker
28-05-2014, 19:26
Haha okay let's keep our fingers crossed. Think we only flown with them once in 5 years.

We'll forgive you this once!:D

Susief
28-05-2014, 19:49
We'll forgive you this once!:D

Thanks KB.

kingbaker
28-05-2014, 19:52
Thanks KB.

Dont do it again or We'll have to tell Uncle Mick!!:D

Susief
28-05-2014, 20:16

Oh no not Uncle Micky!

Susief
14-08-2014, 16:44

Opps I've booked with Easyjet for March 2015, only £46 from Manchester. £3.50 for reserved seats too.

Susief
28-08-2014, 22:50
Has anyone booked the new business class yet with RA? It's more or less double normal price but includes everything including changes/premium seat/20kg luggage/PB etc
It reminds me of Easyjets flexi fares.

Chine
29-08-2014, 00:24
Has anyone booked the new business class yet with RA? It's more or less double normal price but includes everything including changes/premium seat/20kg luggage/PB etc
It reminds me of Easyjets flexi fares.

I thinks only available from about 6 airports in Europe east mids is one , but not available from all

I thinks only available from about 6 airports in Europe east mids is one , but not available from all

Sorry actually 9 airports but tfs isn't one

Wow sorry guys the site is doing its own thing ! Very impressed ! Or my iPad is very tired

Susief
29-08-2014, 05:41

Wow sorry guys the site is doing its own thing ! Very impressed ! Or my iPad is very tired

I think you'll find it is. I did a dummy booking from TFS.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/28/5fe8169031ba0172c89378827cfb8096.jpg

Chine
29-08-2014, 08:06
I think you'll find it is. I did a dummy booking from TFS.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/28/5fe8169031ba0172c89378827cfb8096.jpg

How odd I had an email yesterday telling us the airports involved and tfs wasn't on it , it was mainly business hubs like Brussels and Barcelona etc

Just checked some flight of ours from bhx and it is available but at a huge expense , we usually prebook seats £15 although no extra legroom available apart from front row , it's a very good piece of creative wording 'business plus' , no guaranteed extra leg room , no gratis drinks/snacks no wifi ,no ryanair airport lounge and if you turn up after the first 90 people have boarded you probably won't be able to take your hand luggage on , business class ! I think not just another fiddle

Just checked some flight of ours from bhx and it is available but at a huge expense , we usually prebook seats £15 although no extra legroom available apart from front row , it's a very good piece of creative wording 'business plus' , no guaranteed extra leg room , no gratis drinks/snacks no wifi ,no ryanair airport lounge and if you turn up after the first 90 people have boarded you probably won't be able to take your hand luggage on , business class ! I think not just another fiddle

Ecky Thump
31-08-2014, 18:27
I've just this minute booked return flights for my wife and myself for April 2015 with Ryanair, Prestwick to Tenerife,

Total cost Including, Extra Legroom, Luggage £375:35 which I think is a good price.

Susief
31-08-2014, 18:41
I've just this minute booked return flights for my wife and myself for April 2015 with Ryanair, Prestwick to Tenerife,

Total cost Including, Extra Legroom, Luggage £375:35 which I think is a good price.

Excellent.

kingbaker
31-08-2014, 19:26

Great value but what are you going to do for a passport :p:(:p:D

Ecky Thump
31-08-2014, 19:50
Great value but what are you going to do for a passport :p:(:p:D

I'll just ask for Political Asylum ......it appears to work in England, as they let anyone in!:D

macdonald5
31-08-2014, 20:28
O[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;395377]I've just this minute booked return flights for my wife and myself for April 2015 with Ryanair, Prestwick to Tenerife,

Total cost Including, Extra Legroom, Luggage £375:35 which I think is a good price.[/QUOTE

No good Ecky blooming superb !!
jet2 from Glasgow for May 2015 is £711.

Ecky Thump
31-08-2014, 23:22
O[QUOTE=Ecky Thump;395377]I've just this minute booked return flights for my wife and myself for April 2015 with Ryanair, Prestwick to Tenerife,

Total cost Including, Extra Legroom, Luggage £375:35 which I think is a good price.[/QUOTE

No good Ecky blooming superb !!
jet2 from Glasgow for May 2015 is £711.

People can criticise Ryanair all they like, but it's a company that that I have ALWAYS found that offers a good service at a good price!;)

bextus
01-09-2014, 01:19
Monarch TFS to London 165 euro in Sept, including seat and 23kg.

Ryanair not so bad company but not always so cheap. Monarch TFS to London 165 euro in Sept, including seat and 23kg. do your homework.

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 06:32
Is that single or return? :p:D:(:p

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 08:02
Monarch TFS to London 165 euro in Sept, including seat and 23kg.

Ryanair not so bad company but not always so cheap. Monarch TFS to London 165 euro in Sept, including seat and 23kg. do your homework.

I'm up for a bet, find my flights to with Monarch from Scotland to Tenerife for my required dates 29th April - 27th May 2015 with Monarch that are cheaper than Ryanair including luggage, extra legroom and all charges and I will pay for your next holiday.

Now you can do your HOMEWORK!!:laugh:

junglejim
01-09-2014, 08:11
Tut Tut ,It took the Irish centuries of fighting to get rid of the English and when they did , the Diaspora moved over to London and Liverpool for jobs !
We can choose to part from them with a single X on a bit of paper if we want !

Tiocfaidh ár lá

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 08:53
Tut Tut ,It took the Irish centuries of fighting to get rid of the English and when they did , the Diaspora moved over to London and Liverpool for jobs !

Tiocfaidh ár lá

'Bhduil tu cailte Seamas? :D;)

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 08:54

Tiocfaidh ár lá

'Bhduil tu cailte Seamas? :D;):thumbup::confused:

Susief
01-09-2014, 08:57
I'm up for a bet, find my flights to with Monarch from Scotland to Tenerife for my required dates 29th April - 27th May 2015 with Monarch that are cheaper than Ryanair including luggage, extra legroom and all charges and I will pay for your next holiday.

Now you can do your HOMEWORK!!:laugh:

You old tiger, Monarch don't fly from anywhere in Scotland to TFS. That's your money safely staying in your pocket! haha

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 08:57

Tiocfaidh ár lá

'Bhduil tu cailte Seamas? :D;):thumbup::confused::D:D

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 09:05
You old tiger, Monarch don't fly from anywhere in Scotland to TFS. That's your money safely staying in your pocket! haha

It was worth a try.:crylaughing:

I've been looking at Monarch reviews and it would appear that they get quite a lot of bad ones...not all happy bunnies about their planes comfort or flight punctuality....Ryanair still comes out better than most budget no frills airlines.

junglejim
01-09-2014, 09:59
Bhfuil would make sense !!

Susief
01-09-2014, 10:42
It was worth a try.:crylaughing:

I've been looking at Monarch reviews and it would appear that they get quite a lot of bad ones...not all happy bunnies about their planes comfort or flight punctuality....Ryanair still comes out better than most budget no frills airlines.

Monarch aren't the best, whenever we travel to TFS are always showing delays.
Hope I'm wrong though as travelling out with them Thurs from Manc. Come back with them in Dec. I'll let you know.
I still prefer Ryanair, don't mind Easyjet though when I get a good deal.

martincrabb99
01-09-2014, 11:17

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Was it enforced!

martincrabb99
01-09-2014, 11:18

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Was it enforced then?

Angusjim
01-09-2014, 13:04

Mr Thump how did you manage that I have just been on and no flights after end of March from Prestwick or Edinburgh ??

Medman
01-09-2014, 13:53
Mr Thump how did you manage that I have just been on and no flights after end of March from Prestwick or Edinburgh ??

Must have a direct line to O'Leary

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 14:37

I just used the web page, not the Ryanair app which is still not showing these flights....try it.:spin:

Leam_Lin
01-09-2014, 14:40
Still no flights showing from Birmingham.

Angusjim
01-09-2014, 14:41
I just used the web page, not the Ryanair app which is still not showing these flights....try it.:spin:
I hae a gas phone nae apps:crazy: I was on the web page go on and try again maybe you hae a west coast web page:wink2:

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 14:44
Still no flights showing from Birmingham.

Late March are the last flights showing from Birmingham.

I hae a gas phone nae apps:crazy: I was on the web page go on and try again maybe you hae a west coast web page:wink2:

Flights definitely showing for April and May.

Let me have your dates and I will check them for you.

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 14:54

'Bhfuil tu cailte means are you lost..mixing up Jock independence witt Ryanair thread.
Don't worry Mick will still carry you on yer Jollies, which ever way de vote goes.
I have to tell you the YES's are way ahead!!......according to my sources!! ;);):beer:;)

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 14:56

'Bhfuil tu cailte means are you lost..mixing up Jock independence witt Ryanair thread.
Don't worry Uncle Mick will still carry you on yer Jollies, which ever way de vote goes.
I have to tell you the YES's are way ahead!!......according to my sources!! ;);):beer:;)

Ecky Thump
01-09-2014, 14:56
Late March are the last flights showing from Birmingham.

K

Outward flights showing up to August 27th from Prestwick to Tenerife Sth.

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 14:58
Typo!!

Don't worry Uncle Mick will still carry you on yer Jollies, which ever way de vote goes.

kingbaker
01-09-2014, 15:00
........:D:D:D:p;):cool::thumbup::(:(:D:p:p:p:p:p: p:D

Angusjim
01-09-2014, 15:37
K

Outward flights showing up to August 27th from Prestwick to Tenerife Sth.
Yes it on noo just had to book a wee cheeky week 23rd March - 30th March £266 for us both

Ecky Thump
02-09-2014, 18:49
Ryanair according to the "Mail on line" have been pushed out of the top ten short haul airlines, the results are....

1/ British Airways
2/ Turkish Airlines
3/ Lufthansa
4/ Swiss International
5/ Aer Lingus
6/ Air France
7/ Jet2
8/ Monarch Airlines
9/ SAS
10/ EasyJet

I'm not sure where The Mail get there figures from, or what they even mean, but if it's anything to go by the Mail have always appeared to have a dig at Ryanair at any opportunity....maybe good old Mick refuses to advertise with them!:dontknow::D

Susief
02-09-2014, 22:08
Ryanair according to the "Mail on line" have been pushed out of the top ten short haul airlines, the results are....

1/ British Airways
2/ Turkish Airlines
3/ Lufthansa
4/ Swiss International
5/ Aer Lingus
6/ Air France
7/ Jet2
8/ Monarch Airlines
9/ SAS
10/ EasyJet

I'm not sure where The Mail get there figures from, or what they even mean, but if it's anything to go by the Mail have always appeared to have a dig at Ryanair at any opportunity....maybe good old Mick refuses to advertise with them!:dontknow::D

The Mail is a load of tosh. Wouldn't use it in my cat litter tray.
RA have got to be in top 10 for Europe?

kingbaker
02-09-2014, 22:14
Well said Susief, 86m people can't be wrong!!!! ;)

Ecky Thump
02-09-2014, 22:44
The Mail is a load of tosh. Wouldn't use it in my cat litter tray.
RA have got to be in top 10 for Europe?

When you look at how few planes some of the airlines that are listed, you can understand where the ratings come from, the smaller amount of planes that are operated by a company the easier, then it should be easier to give customers a better service, but certainly larger companies can give you a better financial deal and more backup flights and I would think that as holiday makers that are some of our main priorities.

Swiss Air. 300. Planes
Ryanair. 1150. Planes

Susief
02-09-2014, 22:49
When you look at how few planes some of the airlines that are listed, you can understand where the ratings come from, the smaller amount of planes that are operated by a company the easier, then it should be easier to give customers a better service, but certainly larger companies can give you a better financial deal and more backup flights and I would think that as holiday makers that are some of our main priorities.

Swiss Air. 300. Planes
Ryanair. 1150. Planes

Yes as usual Ecky I think you're right.
Of all the airlines that fly to TFS RA is always my first port of call. Usually price and flight times sway us.

murph
03-09-2014, 00:25

1/ British Airways
2/ Turkish Airlines
3/ Lufthansa
4/ Swiss International
5/ Aer Lingus
6/ Air France
7/ Jet2
8/ Monarch Airlines
9/ SAS
10/ EasyJet

Ridiculous!

1/ British Airways
2/ Turkish Airlines
3/ Lufthansa
4/ Swiss International
5/ Aer Lingus
6/ Air France
7/ Jet2
8/ Monarch Airlines
9/ SAS
10/ EasyJet

Ridiculous!

martincrabb99
03-09-2014, 15:40
Flew out with RA arrived early the staff were great.....fantastic!

Susief
03-09-2014, 23:08
Flew out with RA arrived early the staff were great.....fantastic!

Fab. Can't beat Uncle Micky.

tfs1
08-09-2014, 09:14
Ryanair expected to announce purchase of the new Boeing Max 8 airliner today.

Delivery from 2017, Ryanair are going for the 200 seat, high density seating option, currently 189 seats on the 737-800, seat pitch on Max8 to reduce to 29inches.

marbro8
08-09-2014, 17:46
i must admit we have never had a problem with ryanair,always on time and you get what you pay for,the only thing that peeeed me off the other week was the fact that they wanted us to put our hand luggage into the hold,and as it was the only luggage we had we hadn't packed them to suit this eventuality,so we had to plead to have a least one with us,because i had my i-pad-medication-and other things you need at hand while on a 4 hour flight,in the end they relented but it meant us emptying both bags and swapping over what we needed while on the tarmac,and we still forgot stuff:angry:

Ecky Thump
08-09-2014, 19:14
i must admit we have never had a problem with ryanair,always on time and you get what you pay for,the only thing that peeeed me off the other week was the fact that they wanted us to put our hand luggage into the hold,and as it was the only luggage we had we hadn't packed them to suit this eventuality,so we had to plead to have a least one with us,because i had my i-pad-medication-and other things you need at hand while on a 4 hour flight,in the end they relented but it meant us emptying both bags and swapping over what we needed while on the tarmac,and we still forgot stuff:angry:

You appear to have been punished for not booking Priority Boarding or Extra Legroom,....
but with your Short Fat Hairy Legs.......well??:p

marbro8
08-09-2014, 23:19
You appear to have been punished for not booking Priority Boarding or Extra Legroom,....
but with your Short Fat Hairy Legs.......well??:pi don't suppose ernie wise would have had this trouble:laugh:

blondie
09-09-2014, 14:52

Yes we had to put one of our cases in the hold both June and last week. We had everything we needed for the flight with us but it caused a lot of aggro this time with folk who had children with them, most of what they needed was in the case they wanted to take on board. You were lucky they relented with yours , they didn't last week. Uncle Mickey always seems to give with one hand and take away with another , always has to do things differently.

murph
09-09-2014, 15:04
My Missus decided to take advantage of the new rule to pack an extra suitcase - Cabin Sized obviously - which we then offered to put into the hold with the other cases, FOC Obviously -

It felt like a little win - luggage without paying for it

oh, and Ryanair were delighted!

lesbroz
09-09-2014, 15:31
Ryanair Summer 2015 from Manchester now on Sale.

marbro8
09-09-2014, 17:47
Ryanair Summer 2015 from Manchester now on Sale.just had a look but for some reason they only have the afternoon flights going out and evening flights coming back??? the attraction for me has always been that you can catch an early flight in the morning,say 6.00am and get there early to have a whole day to yourself,and when coming back at 11.00am you haven't got to hang about with your cases at your apartment /hotel,these flight times are about the same as monarch,the only consolation is they will probably be cheaper than monarch at £100 each from may 30th-june 12

lesbroz
09-09-2014, 19:18
just had a look but for some reason they only have the afternoon flights going out and evening flights coming back??? the attraction for me has always been that you can catch an early flight in the morning,say 6.00am and get there early to have a whole day to yourself,and when coming back at 11.00am you haven't got to hang about with your cases at your apartment /hotel,these flight times are about the same as monarch,the only consolation is they will probably be cheaper than monarch at £100 each from may 30th-june 12

With a bit of luck the East Midlands flights will be early morning. They usually go from there about 6.30am.

kingbaker
09-09-2014, 22:22
just had a look but for some reason they only have the afternoon flights going out and evening flights coming back??? the attraction for me has always been that you can catch an early flight in the morning,say 6.00am and get there early to have a whole day to yourself,and when coming back at 11.00am you haven't got to hang about with your cases at your apartment /hotel,these flight times are about the same as monarch,the only consolation is they will probably be cheaper than monarch at £100 each from may 30th-june 12

Yup me toooo!!;)

Angusjim
12-09-2014, 12:31
Just got notice that my return flight to Edinburgh in November has a time change but its good news was to be 19.05 but is now 12.05 just what we like up / breakfast / airport job done !!!:c2:

Ecky Thump
12-09-2014, 13:47
Just got notice that my return flight to Edinburgh in November has a time change but its good news was to be 19.05 but is now 12.05 just what we like up / breakfast / airport job done !!!:c2:

I hope you have informed your Tenerife cousin!:laugh:

Angusjim
12-09-2014, 13:55
I hope you have informed your Tenerife cousin!:laugh:

Thats not till March:tiphat: November we are at Sunsetbay speaking of Sunsetbay wheres T Shirt at the moment ?

Ecky Thump
12-09-2014, 20:59
Thats not till March:tiphat: November we are at Sunsetbay speaking of Sunsetbay wheres T Shirt at the moment ?

After realising that you also have two holidays booked for Tenerife, I just now have booked another one, so I now have three Tenerife holidays booked,..October 2014 - May 2015 - September 2015.and all for four weeks:cheeky:

All with Ryanair from Prestwick with great flight times and at the right price.

Angusjim
12-09-2014, 21:13
After realising that you also have two holidays booked for Tenerife, I just now have booked another one, so I now have three Tenerife holidays booked,..October 2014 - May 2015 - September 2015.and all for four weeks:cheeky:

All with Ryanair from Prestwick with great flight times and at the right price.

Actually 3 november, january, march::cheeky:

Ecky Thump
12-09-2014, 21:17
Actually 3 november, january, march::cheeky:

Right, that's it, I'm off to book another one!:neener:

marbro8
12-09-2014, 21:52
Right, that's it, I'm off to book another one!:neener:this retirement things alrite init:eyebrows:

Ecky Thump
12-09-2014, 22:20
this retirement things alrite init:eyebrows:

Once you reach my age (47:p) , life's one big holiday.:laugh:

marbro8
12-09-2014, 22:38
Once you reach my age (47:p) , life's one big holiday.:laugh:you may BOTH look 47 but your passports say different:wink:

TOTO 99
13-09-2014, 05:31
Did my March return flight yesterday. I did the outbound ages ago but they only ran to the 28th and I wanted 29th so I hung on till they released them.

Anyway I proceeded to book them, got distracted and ended up booking Manchester to TFS instead of the other way around...Doh!.............I phoned Ryanair a couple of hours later and got through to Miss Bangladesh 1971 :laugh: and was dreading how it was going to go.........They couldn't have been more helpful..No actual charge for the change although the flight was more expensive as it always is on the way home. Very impressive service.

Well done Ryanair....:respect:

Angusjim
13-09-2014, 06:36
Did my March return flight yesterday. I did the outbound ages ago but they only ran to the 28th and I wanted 29th so I hung on till they released them.

Anyway I proceeded to book them, got distracted and ended up booking Manchester to TFS instead of the other way around...Doh!.............I phoned Ryanair a couple of hours later and got through to Miss Bangladesh 1971 :laugh: and was dreading how it was going to go.........They couldn't have been more helpful..No actual charge for the change although the flight was more expensive as it always is on the way home. Very impressive service.

Was there drink involved:doh::trink:

TOTO 99
13-09-2014, 07:12
Was there drink involved:doh::trink:

Lol..Unfortunately it appears there doesn't need to be any more..:old:.....:laugh:

Angusjim
13-09-2014, 07:37
Lol..Unfortunately it appears there doesn't need to be any more..:old:.....:laugh:

I know that feeling only too well:crazy::lol:

Susief
13-09-2014, 09:04

I'm impressed with Uncle Mickey, travelled back with them to Manchester last night and much better organisation. Put my hand luggage in hold FOC too.
I went out with Monarch and apart from bring half an hour late setting off couldn't fault their service. If I didn't know any better would have said they were RA.

TOTO 99
13-09-2014, 09:17
I'm impressed with Uncle Mickey, travelled back with them to Manchester last night and much better organisation. Put my hand luggage in hold FOC too.
I went out with Monarch and apart from bring half an hour late setting off couldn't fault their service. If I didn't know any better would have said they were RA.

Yeah...I'm not sure about the "hand luggage FOC in the hold" bit......I'm flying out tomorrow with hand luggage only and the last thing I need is to be hanging round the airport waiting for it to pop up on the carousel.....Fingers crossed..:crossfingers::bolt:

kingbaker
13-09-2014, 10:40
Yeah...I'm not sure about the "hand luggage FOC in the hold" bit......I'm flying out tomorrow with hand luggage only and the last thing I need is to be hanging round the airport waiting for it to pop up on the carousel.....Fingers crossed..:crossfingers::bolt:

I think hand luggage is only guaranteed to first 90 people.:confused:

Ecky Thump
13-09-2014, 11:15
I think hand luggage is only guaranteed to first 90 people.:confused:

They are generally the ones who have paid extra for Extra Legroom, or reserved seats as the people who have selected these options are brought forward for priority boarding.
It's a option that I go for, but it's only so that I can stretch my legs out and snore & dream the hours away until we reach Tenerife!:laugh:

TOTO 99
13-09-2014, 11:27
They are generally the ones who have paid extra for Extra Legroom, or reserved seats as the people who have selected these options are brought forward for priority boarding.
It's a option that I go for, but it's only so that I can stretch my legs out and snore & dream the hours away until we reach Tenerife!:laugh:

Lol..it's the only option I can go for. 36" inside leg. We've bagged the front row so hopefully I won't need to worry about the hand luggage problem..........Famous last words...:laugh:

kingbaker
13-09-2014, 11:34
You'll be ok, of course if you're no. 91 in priority boarding and the staff are YES voters fron Jockland, then you're f****d!!!
:p:D

Ecky Thump
13-09-2014, 11:56
Lol..it's the only option I can go for. 36" inside leg. We've bagged the front row so hopefully I won't need to worry about the hand luggage problem..........Famous last words...:laugh:

I think I've now booked row 16 and seats D & E for the last 12-14 flights, the only downside with this is it's the demarcation point for the Trolly Dolly (or slightly effeminate Trolly Boy!:p), it's a case of...first on-last served.:lol:

You'll be ok, of course if you're no. 91 in priority boarding and the staff are YES voters fron Jockland, then you're f****d!!!
:p:D

No chance of us Jocks getting a job with Ryanair, the requisite is for Eastern European and work for a few pennies!:nono:

kingbaker
13-09-2014, 12:19
No my friend I've travelled with Sasanachs as well as Scots on Ryanair. ;)

Ecky Thump
13-09-2014, 12:26

They were probably the reserve crews......better paid!:cheeky:

kingbaker
13-09-2014, 12:42

Ecky Thump
13-09-2014, 13:58

The pilots from Ireland were the one who had flown successful Kamikaze missions from Uncle Mick's early days in 1985 flying Embraer Bandeirante turboprop aeroplanes.:cheeky:

Great start to a successful Irish company!:c2:

marbro8
13-09-2014, 13:59
Lol..it's the only option I can go for. 36" inside leg. We've bagged the front row so hopefully I won't need to worry about the hand luggage problem..........Famous last words...:laugh:i don't have that problem cus my inside leg is 29":laugh: mind you i had those front row seats last may and the look of disgust from the lanky gits getting on was worth the expence:laugh: