PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Ryanair information and discussion thread.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Ecky Thump
18-01-2016, 17:39
Having problems getting on the ryanair website,have tried it directly,through google and from our booking email confirmation ...?
No joy .:dontknow:

I've just logged on with no problem and checked my flights, I've also gone through on the Ryanaire app....sorry I can't suggest what you should do, apart from clearing all your history/cookies etc. and try again.

imablue
18-01-2016, 21:25
It seems my browser is not compatable with the new Ryanair site, i have now got it on my android.. some time tomorrow i,ll look at getting this browser sorted .....:snore::snore:

Ecky Thump
18-01-2016, 21:32
It seems my browser is not compatable with the new Ryanair site, i have now got it on my android.. some time tomorrow i,ll look at getting this browser sorted .....:snore::snore:

Have you tried the Ryanair App?

imablue
18-01-2016, 22:23
I,ve done the funky chicken , the world cup rap but as yet not the Ryanai.r app:whistle:

Ecky Thump
18-01-2016, 22:39
I,ve done the funky chicken , the world cup rap but as yet not the Ryanai.r app:whistle:

Norwegian Air...

TOTO 99
19-01-2016, 08:48
Yesterday I came back with Monarch.

Having paid for Priority boarding we were ready at the gate when they opened and off we went with the other priority boarders............down the stairs to a bus.......now I know what you're thinking, but there's more.....................I was first on the bus and sat down and fired up my phone ready send a fuming email to Monarch. A total of 8 of us were on the bus when the doors closed and it whizzed us out to the plane..lol The faces on the non priority boarders left behind was a picture...:laugh:

To be honest I think this bus lark is something that should never happen in this day and age....

barryk
19-01-2016, 10:10
Had problems on Sunday trying to check in and print with ie 10 but worked ok with microsoft edge on windows 10
Barryk

imablue
19-01-2016, 10:51
Is API required by Ryanair and can it only be done after check in? I have now got the app.on my phone.

TOTO 99
19-01-2016, 10:58
Is API required by Ryanair and can it only be done after check in? I have now got the app.on my phone.

I've always had to supply API before it would let me check in...

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 12:36

API has to be done as part of the original booking in system.

Now for the confession, I didn't know what API meant until just now, but I do know know that if you have made a makemistake when submitting it to Ryanair it can be a costly procedure to get it changed.....Ryanair policy, "You make a mistake and they benefit financially." :D

TOTO 99
19-01-2016, 13:23
I can see what you were getting at with the question now....for some reason they don't let you add API when you make the actual booking. It only seems to be requested when they inform you that online check in is available.

I'm not sure if it can be done sooner via their "Manage My Booking" page...

Ecky Thump
19-01-2016, 13:45
I can see what you were getting at with the question now....for some reason they don't let you add API when you make the actual booking. It only seems to be requested when they inform you that online check in is available.

I'm not sure if it can be done sooner via their "Manage My Booking" page...

Again, I be just checked and you can't add your passport details until check in opens.

All this new information that I'm learning is brilliant and I feel that I'm disproving what my school teachers used to put on my school report...."This boy will never achieve in life", it's just a pity that it has taken me so long!!:D

imablue
19-01-2016, 14:55
Yes i have just been on the..chat now.. and API can be added when one is checked in... so in my/our case it will be from the 6 th March.
Also i was informed that the new website runs with Google Chrome...

bennoa1
19-01-2016, 21:26
Google Chrome here too. Had some real issues getting past the final screen on Internet Explorer.

imablue
20-01-2016, 20:49
Have looked around a couple of forums and it seems there is a lot of people having problems getting onto the ryanair . com site
even some saying they get so far and it fails on them, whether it be a new booking or an enquiry about a booking that has already been made....

welsh wendy
25-01-2016, 19:02
Flight from Bristol to Tenerife tomorrow morning (7.15 I think) was cancelled late afternoon today. My brother-in-law had quite a scramble to get another. He was just about to put his card details into the Thomson site & no further seats available. He's now on an Easyjet flight but had paid a lot more for his fare. I guess this is all down to the storm we have coming in.

TOTO 99
25-01-2016, 19:59
Flight from Bristol to Tenerife tomorrow morning (7.15 I think) was cancelled late afternoon today. My brother-in-law had quite a scramble to get another. He was just about to put his card details into the Thomson site & no further seats available. He's now on an Easyjet flight but had paid a lot more for his fare. I guess this is all down to the storm we have coming in.

That'll be the same storm that Easyjet and Thomson are managing to fly through then?.....:fryingpan:

There's nothing Ryanair like more than cancelling flights at the drop of a hat.....with passengers money already in the bank...no staff costs. No landing costs..No problemo...just claim your money back......shocking service really in this day & age...

tfs1
25-01-2016, 20:14
That'll be the same storm that Easyjet and Thomson are managing to fly through then?.....:fryingpan:

There's nothing Ryanair like more than cancelling flights at the drop of a hat.....with passengers money already in the bank...no staff costs. No landing costs..No problemo...just claim your money back......shocking service really in this day & age...

delete post

TOTO 99
25-01-2016, 20:16
or it could be to do with the french atc strike tomorrow

Again though...Easyjet...Thomson...lol

candy2411
25-01-2016, 21:13
says on the Ryanair site many flights cancelled due to Air Traffic Control strike in France .So far only 26th Jan affected

welsh wendy
26-01-2016, 00:02

We've been diverted on more than one occasion because of weather while on a Ryan Air flight whilst other airlines have landed without any problem. rolleyes2:

Angusjim
26-01-2016, 07:45
I have flown with them more times than I care to remember and have never been diverted because of weather:)

candy2411
26-01-2016, 09:45
I'm the same, never had flight diverted due to weather but in all honesty would never mind if due to safety reasons. Re cancellations due to Air Traffic control, I would prefer my flight cancelled than suffer a lengthy or uncertain delay.

welsh wendy
26-01-2016, 11:11
Well we certainly have had Ryan Air flights diverted. Also there are plenty of references of these diversions on the internet. Anyway my original posting was only to let other members know!

LUCKY
26-01-2016, 13:34
Well we certainly have had Ryan Air flights diverted. Also there are plenty of references of these diversions on the internet. Anyway my original posting was only to let other members know!

Let members know !!! you got me worried,But at least i am now back on the Rock after leaving Yorkshire with Ryanair.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

TOTO 99
26-01-2016, 16:14
Let members know !!! you got me worried,But at least i am now back on the Rock after leaving Yorkshire with Ryanair.:flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:

Do they go from Skipton On Swale airfield now then?....:lol:

Ecky Thump
26-01-2016, 16:23
I have flown with them more times than I care to remember and have never been diverted because of weather:)

Likewise and have never had a delay over thirty minutes in possibly over 100 flights....

Watch this space, the odds are now that I will be met with a very long delay in April.:D

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Do they go from Skipton On Swale airfield now then?....:lol:

There's a bit of waste land at the back of LUCKY 's house that Ryanair use and Lucky has the food and drink franchise that he operates from his garden shed.....a bit like Prestwick Airport. :flatcap:

TOTO 99
26-01-2016, 16:52
Likewise and have never had a delay over thirty minutes in possibly over 100 flights....

Watch this space, the odds are now that I will be met with a very long delay in April.:D

There's a bit of waste land at the back of LUCKY 's house that Ryanair use and Lucky has the food and drink franchise that he operates from his garden shed.....a bit like Prestwick Airport. :flatcap:

Oh I would think it's better than Prestwick...:lol:

barryk
26-01-2016, 17:25
Ryanair have been cancelling flights due to the French atc strikes. We were an hour late taking off last night due to atc restrictions although flights either side were taking off on time.
We had not heard much on the news about these latest strikes.
The Captain on the flight was excellent, keeping us informed of progress with regard to atc restrictions and updates on route in regard to progress. There was bad turbulence en route to EMA and again the Captain kept apologising for the conditions.
We were very impressed, not the usual grunt before take off and if lucky an update en route.
Well done on this one Ryanair. Thought we were on the wrong flight then out came the scratch cards.
Barryk

LUCKY
26-01-2016, 22:05
Ryanair have been cancelling flights due to the French atc strikes. We were an hour late taking off last night due to atc restrictions although flights either side were taking off on time.
We had not heard much on the news about these latest strikes.
The Captain on the flight was excellent, keeping us informed of progress with regard to atc restrictions and updates on route in regard to progress. There was bad turbulence en route to EMA and again the Captain kept apologising for the conditions.
We were very impressed, not the usual grunt before take off and if lucky an update en route.
Well done on this one Ryanair. Thought we were on the wrong flight then out came the scratch cards.
Barryk

They where wonderful,' and if lucky' as you posted please do not mention this as previous post's have mentioned i have a tea stand to run in Yorkshire that looks uncannily like prestwich :flatcap:

kingbaker
23-02-2016, 22:18
Mr M O Leary has made it to the Irish Billionaire list. :bowdown::bowdown:
Shall I pass on your congrats??;)

Ecky Thump
23-02-2016, 22:23
Mr M O Leary has made it to the Irish Billionaire list. :bowdown::bowdown:
Shall I pass on your congrats??;)

No need, I'm not that impressed by Billionaires..now if he had reached Bill Gates status as a Trillionaire then I would even share a glass of champagne with him.:p

tfs1
06-03-2016, 18:54
Looks as if Ryanair are mucking about with their premium/priority seating and increasing some reserved seats fees.

In January we came back over here and we were in row 7, which gave priority boarding as part of the seat booking. Just looking at a UK flight to Spain for late April and rows 1-5, 16 and 17 include priority boarding, others cost €/£ 4 if you want to add prioroty boarding.

They are also putting up the cost of reserved seating, previous it was from £5.99 now it is from £8 , special offer today book
selected seats for ONLY £ 4 - wow ! (couldnt resist, booked them).

Susief23
06-03-2016, 19:36
Looks as if Ryanair are mucking about with their premium/priority seating and increasing some reserved seats fees.

In January we came back over here and we were in row 7, which gave priority boarding as part of the seat booking. Just looking at a UK flight to Spain for late April and rows 1-5, 16 and 17 include priority boarding, others cost €/£ 4 if you want to add prioroty boarding.

They are also putting up the cost of reserved seating, previous it was from £5.99 now it is from £8 , special offer today book

I noticed they'd gone up. We usually sit in row 16/17 and has gone up to £20/€20 back.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 21:03
I noticed they'd gone up. We usually sit in row 16/17 and has gone up to £20/€20 back.

Nothing to do with the cost of the seats, but I always try to book row 16 as not only do you get the benefit of extra legroom, :liar: you don't get the person behind pulling on your seat just as you are about to get that important ten minutes shuteye! :-))

....this tip came from TOTO 99 , but it wasn't the lack of sleep he was worried about, but the spilling of his drink!! . :D

Susief23
06-03-2016, 21:24
Nothing to do with the cost of the seats, but I always try to book row 16 as not only do you get the benefit of extra legroom, :liar: you don't get the person behind pulling on your seat just as you are about to get that important ten minutes shuteye! :-))

....this tip came from TOTO 99 , but it wasn't the lack of sleep he was worried about, but the spilling of his drink!! . :D

Haha that's why we got for row 16 too. When we've only paid £40-50 one way I don't mind paying the £20. Never pay for luggage though.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 21:29
Haha that's why we got for row 16 too. When we've only paid £40-50 one way I don't mind paying the £20. Never pay for luggage though.

If I was in your position and owned my own holiday accommodation, (but, I'm only a poor Scotsman:D) then I wouldn't bother with luggage, we did manage with hand luggage only in August, but that was only for a four day visit...it did make a big difference to the costing,

Susief23
06-03-2016, 21:44
If I was in your position and owned my own holiday accommodation, (but, I'm only a poor Scotsman:D) then I wouldn't bother with luggage, we did manage with hand luggage only in August, but that was only for a four day visit...it did make a big difference to the costing,

We usually only bring out a 10kg bag each. Most of our clothes etc are in plastic boxes under the bed.

Ecky Thump
06-03-2016, 21:58
We usually only bring out a 10kg bag each. Most of our clothes etc are in plastic boxes under the bed..

That's where marbro8 keeps his money, along with his very special toys!.:cheeky:

tfs1
06-03-2016, 22:59

The cheapest seats on the UK - Tenerife flights are now from £12, 50% discount if you reserve them today !!

Susief23
06-03-2016, 23:17
The cheapest seats on the UK - Tenerife flights are now from £12, 50% discount if you reserve them today !!

Those are the cheap seats not premium. Prefer those but they have gone up to £20 a time with PB included.

tfs1
06-03-2016, 23:30
Those are the cheap seats not premium. Prefer those but they have gone up to £20 a time with PB included.

Correct they are the cheapest seats at £12 and with PB at £4 making £16 for just the standard seat - for just another £ 4 you get extra legroom aswell, which for a 4hr+ flight many would consider better value.

Susief23
07-03-2016, 07:45
Correct they are the cheapest seats at £12 and with PB at £4 making £16 for just the standard seat - for just another £ 4 you get extra legroom aswell, which for a 4hr+ flight many would consider better value.

That's how I tend to look at it. It has actually gone up £4 from our last trip in January. Not bothered though, will book it.

tfs1
07-03-2016, 10:16

Yesterdays 'Special offer' is also available today as todays 'special offer', waiting to see if it is also tomorrows 'special offer'.

imablue
07-03-2016, 11:40
Has anybody used their mobile for boarding pass with Ryanair ..I ckecked in online did the api....seat numbers and the boarding passes are now on the phone.What is the procedure now.,we are taking hand baggage only...All new this..wandering if should just go and print the passes...any help would be grateful for.

Ecky Thump
07-03-2016, 11:51
Has anybody used their mobile for boarding pass with Ryanair ..I ckecked in online did the api....seat numbers and the boarding passes are now on the phone.What is the procedure now.,we are taking hand baggage only...All new this..wandering if should just go and print the passes...any help would be grateful for.

When we flew over in August with no luggage, we used the app on the phone and there was no problom, no queuing, straight through to departure lounge......but scary me did have the boarding passes printed out and tucked in my pocket. :laugh:

imablue
07-03-2016, 12:01
What did you have to do ecky..?I,m scared in case can't get s signal/WiFi...do they just look at your phone or does it get scanned....as said in my post....all new this stuff.

Ecky Thump
07-03-2016, 12:16
What did you have to do ecky..?I,m scared in case can't get s signal/WiFi...do they just look at your phone or does it get scanned....as said in my post....all new this stuff.

As I remember it, they had a hand held scanner, as a safeguard in case you lose a signal on your phone, take a screen shot of your boarding pass (the one on the app).
It's a sign of our age when we are scared of modern technology....bring back the old airline tickets that came through your letterbox!! :D

barryk
07-03-2016, 15:55
Talking about seats, has anyone been on one of the new 2016 delivered RA aircraft, for example EI-FOC, delivered Jan 2016. Nice new interior, if you thought they were bad before, all I can say is take a cushion.

Once you have downloaded the boardring pass to the phone you do not need wifi to display them they stay in the phones memory. Remember that if you check in on line on your computer you will need to check in on your phone again before you can display the pass. I have used 15-20 times now, never a problem, but still take paper as pack up.

tfs1
07-03-2016, 16:20
When we flew over in August with no luggage, we used the app on the phone and there was no problom, no queuing, straight through to departure lounge......but scary me did have the boarding passes printed out and tucked in my pocket. :laugh:

Just to clarify you can use your mobile boarding pass at the bag drop, also when going through security, of course at the boarding gate and also as you enter the aircraft.

As Barry has mentioned you do not need WIFI once you have downloaded the boarding passes, the easiest way to download it is via the Ryanair App.

Its worth ensuring your mobile is fully charged and maybe set the phone to 'snooze' after 30 minutes so it doesnt go to sleep just when you need it !.

We get the boarding pass ready on the phone, so no panic as you approach the various points where its needed.

Sometimes you are asked to scan the boarding pass on the various readers and also to then swipe the screen to do anyone elses you have on the phone ie the other half.

Sometimes the person at security, bag drop, boarding gate etc will do it for you - but be prepared to do it yourself. Do it once and you will find it easier the next time.

bennoa1
07-03-2016, 17:46
Talking about seats, has anyone been on one of the new 2016 delivered RA aircraft, for example EI-FOC, delivered Jan 2016. Nice new interior, if you thought they were bad before, all I can say is take a cushion.
Monarch had a refit on their A321's. You get a bit more legroom and the cabin looks more roomy but the compromise is the seat base is harder and therefore uncomfortable on a 4.5 hour flight.

Ecky Thump
07-03-2016, 18:05
Monarch had a refit on their A321's. You get a bit more legroom and the cabin looks more roomy but the compromise is the seat base is harder and therefore uncomfortable on a 4.5 hour flight.

I wonder if Ryanaire will start selling a inflatable seat cushion?:cheeky:

On a slightly more serious note, for those of us who do find the seats a bit uncomfortable, you can buy small self inflating cushions on eBay for about £5, a very cheap method of upgrading to 1st. Class travel.:)

Susief23
11-03-2016, 22:16
Just booked a cheeky 10 days in Dec. £78 each return.

UKj
12-03-2016, 10:53
I flew with RyanAir yesterday. Not my first choice but it was the only flight that matched the date and time I needed. I was pleasantly surprised. They have done away with the cheap advertising on the overhead storage bins. They were a lot more accommodating with hand luggage than I have seen them in the past, allowing people to carry on a full size hand luggage and an extra bag, such as a camera or handbag. The RyanAir app on the iPhone allowed me to check in online and use the apps boarding pass, throughout the airport. Nice to see RyanAir moving in the right direction.

Susief23
12-03-2016, 18:57
I flew with RyanAir yesterday. Not my first choice but it was the only flight that matched the date and time I needed. I was pleasantly surprised. They have done away with the cheap advertising on the overhead storage bins. They were a lot more accommodating with hand luggage than I have seen them in the past, allowing people to carry on a full size hand luggage and an extra bag, such as a camera or handbag. The RyanAir app on the iPhone allowed me to check in online and use the apps boarding pass, throughout the airport. Nice to see RyanAir moving in the right direction.

There was nothing wrong with RA before as long as you stuck to their terms and conditions. It's some silly people think they can get away with things through ignorance.
Always look to book with RA. Our flights back in Dec are £31 each. Can't get Man to London for that on the train.

murph
24-03-2016, 17:00
Anyone planning on Flying from the North West in July?

Just Booked RyanAir flights from Liverpool.

Day Flights there and back £137 return - they were £220 last week!

candy2411
18-05-2016, 13:20
Just checked in for my flight next week and boarding card says Seat assigned at airport. I've not had this happen before and am wondering if anyone can tell me at what stage my seat is allocated. It just says on the boarding pass 'Board at front'. Anyone else had this ??

tfs1
18-05-2016, 13:40
Just checked in for my flight next week and boarding card says Seat assigned at airport. I've not had this happen before and am wondering if anyone can tell me at what stage my seat is allocated. It just says on the boarding pass 'Board at front'. Anyone else had this ??

never heard of that before - have you asked for special assistance ? If it was me I would contact Ryanair probably via a Ryanair 'online chat' which is free and the few times I have done this its proved to be useful / helpful.

candy2411
18-05-2016, 13:45
No pleased to say don't require special assistance! Travel with Ryanair lots and lots , this is about 10th flight this year , I never pay extra for a seat and am happy to have random seat and am usually allocated an aisle seat as travelling on my own. I notice the flight is showing as sold out and a bit concerned it may be overbooked with Ryanair hoping for no-shows.

Thanks may try live chat,

tfs1
18-05-2016, 14:33
look forward to hearing what you find out.

candy2411
18-05-2016, 14:47
well so far not a lot ! live web chat is not currently available and I've just waited 10 min on the phone in a queue and gave up. I'll try again later and let you know the outcome.

tfs1
18-05-2016, 16:12
well so far not a lot ! live web chat is not currently available and I've just waited 10 min on the phone in a queue and gave up. I'll try again later and let you know the outcome.

Probably best to give up today.

There will probably be hundreds if not thousands trying to contact ryanair to rebook flights/queries/etc regarding tomorrows French ATC strike which has resulted in Ryanair cancelling dozens of flights.

candy2411
18-05-2016, 18:51
thanks for that info, hadn't realised. Aren't they an absolute pain !( French ATC not Ryanair)

doreen
18-05-2016, 20:17
For those who do not tune in to the EU debate thread

Ryanair has launched a 'Fly Home to Vote Remain' seat sale to encourage Britons living overseas to come back for next month's EU referendum.

The airline is hoping more than 1.2 million ex-pats living in other European countries will vote for the UK to remain part of the EU.

It is offering seats on June 22 and June 23, the day of the referendum, from €19.99. The flights, available to all of Ryanair's UK airports, go on sale at midnight tonight and must be booked by midnight tomorrow.

Ryanair, which employs over 3,000 people across its 13 UK airport bases and carries over 41 million passengers between the UK and Europe each year, is actively campaigning for a 'Remain' vote.

The airline says remaining in the EU will lead to more UK jobs and better economic growth.

Chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs said: "As the UK's largest airline, Ryanair is absolutely clear that the UK economy and its future growth prospects are stronger as a member of the European Union than they are outside of the EU and with just five weeks to go, we will continue to work hard to help deliver a resounding 'Remain' vote on 23rd June."

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2022171&c=setreg&region=2

junglejim
19-05-2016, 11:24
It would be much simpler to get a postal vote by registering on line !

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Leam_Lin
19-05-2016, 11:40
It would be much simpler to get a postal vote by registering on line !

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Jim, we have tried for a postal vote but will not be at home when they are sent out, we have filled forms in for a proxy vote.

candy2411
19-05-2016, 19:04
look forward to hearing what you find out.

Contacted Ryanair on live chat last night and was told I would have to report at Ryanair desk once at the airport to get my seat allocation. Obviously I was not very happy at this as the representative could not give me an answer as to why , and this did nothing to alleviate my concern the flight was overbooked.

I tried the phone line this afternoon and although I did have a wait of over 15 mins , eventually spoke to someone who immediately allocated me a seat, even asking my preference of aisle, middle or window and which part of aircraft. No charge. E mail then sent confirming my seat number. So all in all a very happy outcome. Thankyou Ryanair, my faith in you is restored:)

tfs1
19-05-2016, 19:51
Contacted Ryanair on live chat last night and was told I would have to report at Ryanair desk once at the airport to get my seat allocation. Obviously I was not very happy at this as the representative could not give me an answer as to why , and this did nothing to alleviate my concern the flight was overbooked.

I tried the phone line this afternoon and although I did have a wait of over 15 mins , eventually spoke to someone who immediately allocated me a seat, even asking my preference of aisle, middle or window and which part of aircraft. No charge. E mail then sent confirming my seat number. So all in all a very happy outcome. Thankyou Ryanair, my faith in you is restored:)

...... but still no answer as to why you would have to do it at the airport. Must be nice to have a choice at no cost !

candy2411
20-05-2016, 11:00
Ye this was a great outcome particularly as I'd booked this flight ages ago at a price £38.55 and before it sold out price was £229 !!

tfs1
20-05-2016, 11:03
always nice to get a bargain.

Liftman
20-05-2016, 23:08
Thumbs up to Ryanair from me (not that I had anything to complain about before).

i left my Kindle in the seat pocket of the Bristol to Tenerife flight last week, and it has been handed in to Bristol security and will be waiting for me on my return.

So well done Ryanair.

fixer
29-06-2016, 11:25
What we all think about ryanairs new Leisure plus would you book it £ 146.99 for normal and£ 201.9 for leisure plus this one way September.

junglejim
29-06-2016, 16:33
What we all think about ryanairs new Leisure plus would you book it £ 146.99 for normal and£ 201.9 for leisure plus this one way September.
Seems steep ! Just booked a flight 18th Aug one way £37.59 no frills no addons from Prestwick !

tfs1
29-06-2016, 16:49

Of course it depends if you want/need all the 'extras' you get included in the 'plus' price ie Priority boarding, allocated seat and 20kg checked-in bag. its a simple maths task - if thats what you want and its cheaper, go for it !

We never take a checked in case. Dont worry about priority boarding - if we want to get nearer to the front of the queue we join the normal queue when it starts. If we do book seats tend to go for the current 50% discount ones. For us its a total waste of money.

melm
29-06-2016, 18:20
Seems steep ! Just booked a flight 18th Aug one way £37.59 no frills no addons from Prestwick !

Just when the Scottish children go back to school. Sounds like a great price :tiphat:

blondie
29-06-2016, 22:08

Yip , how often I have seen that and then it costs £279 for the return flight :laugh:

Susief23
29-06-2016, 22:36
Yip , how often I have seen that and then it costs £279 for the return flight :laugh:

Ours is something similar, £40 out from Manc on 27 Aug but £130 coming back on 13 Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junglejim
30-06-2016, 11:49
I'm not back till mid December at £47 , then back out mid January for same- booked several months ago !:wow:
I'm retired so can pick and choose when to fly and look for best available to suit my needs , which are simple ! :wink:

tfs1
29-07-2016, 21:42
Ryanair to get families traveling with under 12s to prebook and prepay for seats rather than allow free seat allocation and all the potential and actual problems that causes with them being dotted all over the plane if they checkin late.

We have been involved in the 'can you both move to let this young family to sit together', having prepaid for our required seats we said no, the mother then told us agressively that she is a mother and needs to be with her young children. We told her to do what others do and prebook if she is that bothered about her young kids, she was a very nasty piece of work her hubby was embarrassed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713285/Ryanair-passengers-travelling-12-pay-reserved-seat.html

junglejim
30-07-2016, 07:54
Ryanair to get families traveling with under 12s to prebook and prepay for seats rather than allow free seat allocation and all the potential and actual problems that causes with them being dotted all over the plane if they checkin late.

We have been involved in the 'can you both move to let this young family to sit together', having prepaid for our required seats we said no, the mother then told us agressively that she is a mother and needs to be with her young children. We told her to do what others do and prebook if she is that bothered about her young kids, she was a very nasty piece of work her hubby was embarrassed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713285/Ryanair-passengers-travelling-12-pay-reserved-seat.html
Yep, I nearly got put off a flight for arguing with a steward over this , wanted me to move from my Isle seat to accomodate a family who came on at end of queue .
Steward claimed it was a "Safety" issue and I laughed at him , he wasn't amused - my wife finally calmed me down and I moved !

barryk
31-07-2016, 08:18
Absolutely agree with RA on this. I have been on few flights where Mr & Mrs "I know my rights" have demanded to sit together with their children. This puts the flight attendants under pressure to try and re seat passengers, many who have paid for seats to sit where they want to be seated. The problem is that we British usually accomodate this and Mr & Mrs "I know the rights"" have saved themselves up 50Gbp (2adults and 2 children). We do not get our paid seat money back for moving.

WELL DONE RA ON THIS ONE, FULLY AGREE.

Susief23
31-07-2016, 08:48
Absolutely agree with RA on this. I have been on few flights where Mr & Mrs "I know my rights" have demanded to sit together with their children. This puts the flight attendants under pressure to try and re seat passengers, many who have paid for seats to sit where they want to be seated. The problem is that we British usually accomodate this and Mr & Mrs "I know the rights"" have saved themselves up 50Gbp (2adults and 2 children). We do not get our paid seat money back for moving.

WELL DONE RA ON THIS ONE, FULLY AGREE.

Yes I agree with it too. It has happened on a few of our flights. We tend to sit in rows 16/17 so don't usually get asked but it is unfair to ask people to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macdonald5
31-07-2016, 10:07
Not Ryanair but on flight to Toronto by Transatt we had booked Club Class for the longer flight
I was asked by stewardess if I would move to accommodate a large lady who needed a seat belt extension I was bit unsure but was advised that the lady would not be able to fly if I didn't swop seats
I grudgingly gave in At end of flight I got a bottle of wine for my move

tfs1
07-09-2016, 13:36
Summer 2017 schedule being rolled out from today - Dublin and London Stansted to Tenerife available now

barryk
16-09-2016, 08:27
Ryanair EMA TO TFS for April 2017 onwards just releaced. Nothing below 60GBP per sector. Where have all the 35, 45, 55 GBP flights gone, can not have sold out already. Is MOL punishing us for Brexit.

tfs1
16-09-2016, 09:37
Opening set prices to catch those who want to book now and then not worry about looking at them every day to see if they have come down. Thats Ryanair and Monach.

I used to book as soon as the flights were released to get lowest price - all our flights from now until April next year (7 so far) have all come down in price after booking. Prices went up initially to give you the 'smug' factor of getting a good deal but then later the prices came down.

I now wait , but you pays your money............

I'm waiting to book us a December flight from Spain to Tenerife, price went from €52 to €72 now back down to €52, the same flight a week before has been €19.99 for weeks and the flight one a week later was also that price.

melm
17-09-2016, 19:38
Vueling have a sale on at the moment. might be worth looking at for Birmingham flights. Not too sure about other airports,, but worth a look.

Nothing as usual for us north of the border:whistle:

Carol55
17-09-2016, 20:23
Vueling have a sale on at the moment. might be worth looking at for Birmingham flights. Not too sure about other airports,, but worth a look.

Nothing as usual for us north of the border:whistle:

We booked for May 2017 a week ago from Prestwick....the price for the two of us is down by about £80 on the flights for our next trip, so I can't complain.

tfs1
19-09-2016, 08:20
Well I took the plunge last night and booked our Ryanair Spain to TFS flight for December using my wifes recently setup Ryanair account and used the £10 off incentive Ryanair dangled for setting up the account early last week and also booking a flight within the qualifying dates.

As the booking was in Euros I was unexpectedly pleased to see the £10 taken off was converted to €11.81.

However, less pleased to see that if you add reserved seating after the initial booking you pay more, I knew this was the case for adding hold luggage but didnt realise this was also the case for seating.

Reserved seating we were looking at was €6 each during the booking and went to €7 when added later.

Ecky Thump
19-09-2016, 08:24
Well I took the plunge last night and booked our Ryanair Spain to TFS flight for December using my wifes recently setup Ryanair account and used the £10 off incentive Ryanair dangled for setting up the account early last week and also booking a flight within the qualifying dates.

As the booking was in Euros I was unexpectedly pleased to see the £10 taken off was converted to €11.81.

However, less pleased to see that if you add reserved seating after the initial booking you pay more, I knew this was the case for adding hold luggage but didnt realise this was also the case for seating.

Reserved seating we were looking at was €6 each during the booking and went to €7 when added later.

He 'Giveth with one Hand' and 'Taketh with the other Hand'.....our old Mr. O'Leary is a astute man.

macdonald5
19-09-2016, 08:34
Yes love him or otherwise ,he is a clever business man !!

tfs1
19-09-2016, 09:46
He 'Giveth with one Hand' and 'Taketh with the other Hand'.....our old Mr. O'Leary is a astute man.

Indeed he is. Just waiting to see how long it will be before our latest booking goes down in price from the €52 each we paid, luckily the outbound was a more reasonable €29.

On a different subject, is there a sense that things are getting back to some sort of normality on the forum, maybe of course speaking too soon - but thought I would just make the point.

Carol55
19-09-2016, 10:15
Indeed he is. Just waiting to see how long it will be before our latest booking goes down in price from the €52 each we paid, luckily the outbound was a more reasonable €29.

On a different subject, is there a sense that things are getting back to some sort of normality on the forum, maybe of course speaking too soon - but thought I would just make the point.

Yes, let's just hope that the unmentionable has become bored and soon moves on to pastures new.:)

macdonald5
19-09-2016, 11:04
Yes, let's just hope that the unmentionable has become bored and soon moves on to pastures new.:)

Is it a rumour then that he's heading to Los Cristianos to chat to you 'in person ' ha ha :cheeky:

Carol55
19-09-2016, 19:24
Is it a rumour then that he's heading to Los Cristianos to chat to you 'in person ' ha ha :cheeky:

I'm sure that Ecky would look forward to that occurance.....how do the Tenerife police view premiditared murder and has anyone any contacts for a good defence lawyer?? :D

tfs1
21-09-2016, 19:39

I get this kind of 6th sense that maybe I did talk too soon.

Ecky Thump
22-09-2016, 09:25

I get this kind of 6th sense that maybe I did talk too soon.

I nearly wet myself when I saw your post, I thought that you meant the return of Oor Wullie The Plonker

If it's only your fare that's gone down, I feel a sense of relief!! :D

tfs1
22-09-2016, 09:47
I nearly wet myself when I saw your post, I thought that you meant the return of Oor Wullie The Plonker

If it's only your fare that's gone down, I feel a sense of relief!! :D

Sadly he is still around, he logged on yesterday evening. At the moment happy to report our latest flight purchase has gone up since we booked.

Ecky Thump
25-09-2016, 10:46
Good News for those of you who live North of civilisation as we in Ayrshire know it.:D

Ryanair, Europe’s No.1 airline, today (21 Sep) extended its Aberdeen summer 2017 schedule with a new route to Faro, in addition to its 2 new routes to Alicante and Malaga already announced, which will deliver 75,000 customers p.a. at Aberdeen International Airport.

Ryanair’s Aberdeen summer 2017 schedule will offer 3 exciting sun destinations, lower fares as Ryanair passes on lower fuel costs, and an even better customer experience, as it rolls out year 3 of its “Always Getting Better” customer experience programme, and will deliver:

3 new routes: Alicante (2 weekly), Faro (2 weekly), Malaga (2 weekly)

cheery
26-09-2016, 21:11
Idle curiosity and boredom got the better of me so I checked Norwegian from Manchester in March. One week, no luggage, 2 pax, £140 total, add seats and luggage and it is £250. I dare say when I get round to booking it will be a lot more.

imablue
26-09-2016, 21:23
Have a look at Vueling.com flights in March one way from 60 euro

ciderhunter
09-10-2016, 20:51
More charges perhaps?

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2007/09/14/ryanair-to-charge-for-emotional-baggage-200/

macdonald5
09-10-2016, 23:18
More charges perhaps?

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2007/09/14/ryanair-to-charge-for-emotional-baggage-200/

Is this April 1st or is someone taking the biscuit ?? :eyebrows:

fixer
10-10-2016, 16:45
Ryanair are taking the mickey with prices up and down like yo-yo for April 1st £169 then £145 then £129 and now back to 169 think is April fool all one way from Prestwick.

fixer
11-10-2016, 16:36
Now
£ 195.99 one way 1st April Prestwick to Tenerife wont be paying it anybody need a apartment?

tfs1
13-10-2016, 21:45
Now
£ 195.99 one way 1st April Prestwick to Tenerife wont be paying it anybody need a apartment?

............. also not sure if anyone has picked up on this reduced checkin timescale change from 1 Nov 2016. Extract lifted from the Ryanair website, https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Online-check-in-airport-bag-drop-desks#0-7

Customers who purchase seats can check-in between 30 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.

Customers who don’t purchase seats can check-in between 7 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time currently however this will change from 01st November 2016 when free allocated seats will be available between 4 days and 2 hours before each booked flight.

Business Plus customers can check-in at the airport free of charge.

............. also not sure if anyone has picked up on this reduced checkin timescale change from 1 Nov 2016. Extract lifted from the Ryanair website, https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Online-check-in-airport-bag-drop-desks#0-7

Customers who purchase seats can check-in between 30 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time.

Customers who don’t purchase seats can check-in between 7 days and up to 2 hours before their scheduled flight departure time currently however this will change from 01st November 2016 when free allocated seats will be available between 4 days and 2 hours before each booked flight.

Just received an email from Ryanair confirming this for our next Ryanair flight.

barryk
14-10-2016, 18:45
Just had the email myself, why on earth does he need to do these things??
"Getting better"????? at what????back to finding new ways to p***customers off. Cant be long now before hand luggage charges.
Came out this time with Vueling from BHX. A refreshing change and cheaper than RA.

tfs1
14-10-2016, 20:10
Just had the email myself, why on earth does he need to do these things??
"Getting better"????? at what????back to finding new ways to p***customers off. Cant be long now before hand luggage charges.
Came out this time with Vueling from BHX. A refreshing change and cheaper than RA.

Our next flight to Tenerife in the coming couple of days is with Monarch, not an airline we normally use but at the time the prices when we looked were good value and cheaper than anyone else.

Although I was unsure about it at the time we tend to use the Ryanair mobile boarding pass which has worked well so far, as you know you just need WIFI access (and a smart phone!) rather than a internet cafe with a printer. Maybe they are either trying to push this option or of course wanting people to prebook their return seats.

junglejim
15-10-2016, 12:53

Just received an email from Ryanair confirming this for our next Ryanair flight.

Yes ,got same email - fortunately my next 2 flights were booked some time ago with seats as my wife like to sit on LHS window so won´t affect us but looking at prices for next June /July are crazy - hopefully they will drop !

barryk
23-11-2016, 08:22
Some really silly prices on RA website for TFS back to UK in December at the moment. TFS TO EMA 12.99GBP. TFS TO BHX 14.99GBP may be other airports

macdonald5
04-12-2016, 11:51
Notice that Ryanair are launching package holidays ,flight, accommodation and transfers
Uncle Mick says he will give great bargain prices ......watch this space !!

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 15:58
Some really silly prices on RA website for TFS back to UK in December at the moment. TFS TO EMA 12.99GBP. TFS TO BHX 14.99GBP may be other airports

Yes seem them from Edinburgh as well I bought 2 return flights I was not needing them but being Scottish it was just to good a bargain to pass up:doh::laugh:

tfs1
08-01-2017, 13:27
We are recently back from our New Year trip to Spain (from the UK) and returned on one of Ryanairs new planes with the new interior which had new overhead storage, lighting and new slim seats.

The plane interior seemed larger but that may have been due to the new storage and seating, it was a good experience and with the slimmer seating had more legroom (for now) making paying for extra legroom seating not the bargain it used to be.

This was for a 2.5hr flight - anyone been on one of these planes for the 4.5 journey down/from Tenerife and have any feedback on the comfort of the new seating.

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 13:38
We are recently back from our New Year trip to Spain (from the UK) and returned on one of Ryanairs new planes with the new interior which had new overhead storage, lighting and new slim seats.

The plane interior seemed larger but that may have been due to the new storage and seating, it was a good experience and with the slimmer seating had more legroom (for now) making paying for extra legroom seating not the bargain it used to be.

This was for a 2.5hr flight - anyone been on one of these planes for the 4.5 journey down/from Tenerife and have any feedback on the comfort of the new seating.

I am on a Ryanair flight to Lanzarote on Thursday and will report back if its one of the new planes

blondie
08-01-2017, 15:21
We saw flights for end of Jan for £38 return from Prestwick to Tenerife but we not find anywhere to stay that was ,nt a stupid
over inflated price . We have friends who would not pay the asking price for the hotels this year and are off to the Carribean instead .
We dont like staying in hotels anyway but the the different apts we stay in are just as bad with their prices .
So awful to have lost out on a holiday with £78 return flights :cry:

Angusjim
08-01-2017, 15:28
We saw flights for end of Jan for £38 return from Prestwick to Tenerife but we not find anywhere to stay that was ,nt a stupid
over inflated price . We have friends who would not pay the asking price for the hotels this year and are off to the Carribean instead .
We dont like staying in hotels anyway but the the different apts we stay in are just as bad with their prices .
So awful to have lost out on a holiday with £78 return flights :cry:

What area to do you like to stay blondie there are still a few bargains out there in some areas:whistle: also have a look here http://www.holidays4u.org/

blondie
08-01-2017, 15:49
We now always stay either the Colon 2 apts or along the Safari End which really getting out our price range . Prices would be fine if its a once only holiday but 4 times a year is too much to keep up . Looks as if we will need to think of a change to our plans for this year. Last April we got really peed off with watching out for able bodied folk on s
scooterst hat we went to Corfu in May and loved it . Forgot how beautiful and friendly it was so that will be us again this year . Its too long until May though :whistle:

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 19:30
I am on a Ryanair flight to Lanzarote on Thursday and will report back if its one of the new planes

I think you will have to learn the words of the song...'South of the Border, Down Luton Way' It will be a few years before Jockland see's them! :D

tfs1
08-01-2017, 20:17
I think you will have to learn the words of the song...'South of the Border, Down Luton Way' It will be a few years before Jockland see's them! :D

They are on their way up north - ours flew into East Midlands.

Ecky Thump
08-01-2017, 20:19
They are on their way up north - ours flew into East Midlands.

And that's past Watford Gap! :cheeky:

tfs1
08-01-2017, 20:20
And that's past Watford Gap! :cheeky:

only just !

Angusjim
10-01-2017, 13:23
Had booked up Edinburgh Airport Premier inn for our early morning Ryanair flight on Thursday and have just been told they are closing it down with immediate effect to sort out some issues that cannot be done whilst hotel is occupied, no happy as nearest we can get is at South Queensferry:cry:. Quite a new building so a bit of a mystery

Ecky Thump
10-01-2017, 13:28
Had booked up Edinburgh Airport Premier inn for our early morning Ryanair flight on Thursday and have just been told they are closing it down with immediate effect to sort out some issues that cannot be done whilst hotel is occupied, no happy as nearest we can get is at South Queensferry:cry:. Quite a new building so a bit of a mystery

It's probably a problem caused by some 'Cowboy' electrical company!:cheeky:

macdonald5
10-01-2017, 19:03

Norton House a lot nearer than SQ but pricier
Enjoy your jollies AJ

LindaD
10-01-2017, 19:31
Angusjim if you can get a hotel in Inverkeithing you can get the 747 Airport Bus which takes you right to the door at the airport. The bus stops at Inverkeithing Train station, the Ferrytoll Park and Ride plus other places along the way. The bus starts around 4 am and takes approx 30 mins or so to get to the airport. Fare is around £5 but free if you've got your bus pass:whistle: if you look up the bus route online it's the 747 Airport Bus which also goes into Halbeath Park and Ride. Not sure what hotels etc Inverkeithing has but would imagine they have a few with a train station being there. We've been taking that bus ourselves the last 2 or 3 times from Halbeath and leave the car (our daughter picks it up for us) as the roads can be a bit busy with the roadworks connected with the New Forth Crossing.
If you're fancy staying in Edinburgh there is a tram which takes you right into the airport or the number 100 bus from just outside Waverley train station. Obviously Edinburgh hotels etc might be a a bit dearer!!! Hope this helps.

Angusjim
11-01-2017, 07:30
Norton House a lot nearer than SQ but pricier
Enjoy your jollies AJ

I am transferred to the Premier in South Queensferry :tiphat:

Angusjim if you can get a hotel in Inverkeithing you can get the 747 Airport Bus which takes you right to the door at the airport. The bus stops at Inverkeithing Train station, the Ferrytoll Park and Ride plus other places along the way. The bus starts around 4 am and takes approx 30 mins or so to get to the airport. Fare is around £5 but free if you've got your bus pass:whistle: if you look up the bus route online it's the 747 Airport Bus which also goes into Halbeath Park and Ride. Not sure what hotels etc Inverkeithing has but would imagine they have a few with a train station being there. We've been taking that bus ourselves the last 2 or 3 times from Halbeath and leave the car (our daughter picks it up for us) as the roads can be a bit busy with the roadworks connected with the New Forth Crossing.
If you're fancy staying in Edinburgh there is a tram which takes you right into the airport or the number 100 bus from just outside Waverley train station. Obviously Edinburgh hotels etc might be a a bit dearer!!! Hope this helps.

Buses are for mingers and the working classes:laugh:

Ecky Thump
11-01-2017, 10:11

With this windy weather, you might need to catch a bus to Lanzerote! :cry:

LindaD
11-01-2017, 13:12

That'll be me then AJ :laugh:
Good job you're not going today. A lorry driver ignored the warning signs on the Forth Road and the lorry tipped over (not into the sea though!) but the bridge is now shut both ways until the recovery truck can take it off, which it can't do until the wind abates. Road chaos this morning, queues everywhere :angry:

Quick update Angusjim. Bridge still closed - mind and check transport website to find out the best road to take as it's pandemonium out there tonight again eek2:

Carol55
12-01-2017, 11:21
Good job you're not going today. A lorry driver ignored the warning signs on the Forth Road and the lorry tipped over (not into the sea though!) but the bridge is now shut both ways until the recovery truck can take it off, which it can't do until the wind abates. Road chaos this morning, queues everywhere :angry:

Quick update Angusjim. Bridge still closed - mind and check transport website to find out the best road to take as it's pandemonium out there tonight again eek2:

It was on last nights news that he possibly will be charged with dangerous driving as the bridge was clearly marked 'closed to high sided vehicles' as was the Erskine Bridge yesterday.

Newforest
12-01-2017, 11:46
He has been charged, possibly losing his job as well.

Carol55
12-01-2017, 11:55
He has been charged, possibly losing his job as well.

He may be charged by the police, but it will still have to go to the Procurator Fiscal (COPFS), before it goes to court, they have a habit of dropping these serious road offence charges, unless someone is injured in the accident.

macdonald5
12-01-2017, 15:08
Surely his Company will be charged for the cost of recovery and repairs ??
Hope they have good insurance

Angusjim
12-01-2017, 16:14

they opened it for us:wave:

Newforest
12-01-2017, 16:31
Nobody else? :devil2:

Ecky Thump
13-01-2017, 10:51
they opened it for us:wave:

Nobody else? :devil2:

Yes, there were the two policeman he was handcuffed to.:D

Ecky Thump
18-01-2017, 21:13
A few days ago I had a notification from Ryanair that there was a time change for our Tenerife flights for Apriil 29th - May 27th, the return flight to Prestwick on May 27th had the time of departure brought forward to 06:30 instead of 11:30, they gave me the option of accepting the change or a full refund, I took the refund and immediately rebooked for April 30th - 28th May which gave us our original flight times...great result, the flights including the extras, gave us a saving of £118.:c2:

fixer
19-01-2017, 20:37
I got the opposite moved to 11,30 thats because there using Tenerife based aircraft on some days.

Christmas /new year flights are very exspensive £900! no booking them yet!

Angusjim
19-01-2017, 21:21
two more great flights with Uncle Mick spot on time both ways:c2:

Carol55
19-01-2017, 21:24

When - where and how much is spot on???

Angusjim
19-01-2017, 21:29
When - where and how much is spot on???

Whit :doh: iz that you Ecky or has Carol been on the sauce:wave:

Carol55
19-01-2017, 21:31
Whit :doh: iz that you Ecky or has Carol been on the sauce:wave:

It's definetly me Jim and no drink until the weekend!

I just wondered how much your fares were and was it to Lanzerote?

Angusjim
19-01-2017, 21:39
It's definetly me Jim and no drink until the weekend!

I just wondered how much your fares were and was it to Lanzerote?

was our recent flights to Lanzarote no idea of the cost i never really pay that much attention to flight costs:whistle::whistle:

tfs1
20-01-2017, 09:52

did you get one of the planes with the new interiors ?

Angusjim
20-01-2017, 12:01
did you get one of the planes with the new interiors ?

Sorry no I meant to post I think it was a converted Lancaster that we got:laugh:

Ecky Thump
20-01-2017, 22:47
A few days ago I had a notification from Ryanair that there was a time change for our Tenerife flights for Apriil 29th - May 27th, the return flight to Prestwick on May 27th had the time of departure brought forward to 06:30 instead of 11:30, they gave me the option of accepting the change or a full refund, I took the refund and immediately rebooked for April 30th - 28th May which gave us our original flight times...great result, the flights including the extras, gave us a saving of £118.:c2:

I've just checked our (Carol's!) bank account and the refund from Ryanair has come through, no deductions at all.:jumping:

fixer
21-01-2017, 22:58
Ryanairs christmas flights are for some days over £500 each and apartment prices booked through trivago are sky high £130 a night in Cristiansur are they trying to chase people away!

macdonald5
21-01-2017, 23:14
Ryanairs christmas flights are for some days over £500 each and apartment prices booked through trivago are sky high £130 a night in Cristiansur are they trying to chase people away!

Yes we've looked at Ryanair for Dec/ Jan and daft prices ,is uncle Mick trying to keep up with Jet2 ??
Norwegian Air not released yet, think it's April for them
Apartment prices also going crazy ,a down beat studio asking £525 a week at least in Puerto Colon

blondie
22-01-2017, 14:49
Yes we've looked at Ryanair for Dec/ Jan and daft prices ,is uncle Mick trying to keep up with Jet2 ??
Norwegian Air not released yet, think it's April for them
Apartment prices also going crazy ,a down beat studio asking £525 a week at least in Puerto Colon

The prices for flights at the moment is the lowest I have ever seen but as you say the accommodation prices are a complete joke.
An apt in Compostela Beach for a week came up at £920 !!!
I sincerely hope their greed does not come back to bite them on the bum . There is a good deal for us for next Saturday to Fuerteventura
but the thought of spending it with my OH who does not want to go there is putting me off so I am very reluctant to book it .
Perhaps after a wee vina sol tonight I throw caution to the wind and book it . While I am here ....any thoughts on Corralejo those of you who have been ?

Angusjim
22-01-2017, 15:03
The prices for flights at the moment is the lowest I have ever seen but as you say the accommodation prices are a complete joke.
An apt in Compostela Beach for a week came up at £920 !!!
I sincerely hope their greed does not come back to bite them on the bum . There is a good deal for us for next Saturday to Fuerteventura
but the thought of spending it with my OH who does not want to go there is putting me off so I am very reluctant to book it .
Perhaps after a wee vina sol tonight I throw caution to the wind and book it . While I am here ....any thoughts on Corralejo those of you who have been ?

Simple Blondie jist leave him at hame:wave: we have been twice to Corralejo I really enjoyed it but the Mrs refuses to go back decent restaurants & entertainment, liked the old town of an evening. As usual we never did any of the tourist trips out and about. We stayed once in the old town near the harbour and once up near the waterpark that is a bit of a howf into the town!!

blondie
22-01-2017, 15:47
Great idea Angusjim , why did I not think of that !! These are the sort of comments you hear so often its not like Tenerife which everyone loves . The hotel
was the Corralejo Beach and the other was Atlantis Suite Hotel it was AI so not keen on that but would take it at a push.
So little choice anywhere unless you pay big bucks . Never ever seen such little choice for Lanzarote either , did it feel really busy when you were there ?

Angusjim
22-01-2017, 21:07
Great idea Angusjim , why did I not think of that !! These are the sort of comments you hear so often its not like Tenerife which everyone loves . The hotel
was the Corralejo Beach and the other was Atlantis Suite Hotel it was AI so not keen on that but would take it at a push.
So little choice anywhere unless you pay big bucks . Never ever seen such little choice for Lanzarote either , did it feel really busy when you were there ?

i have found plenty " private apartments " at reasonable costs, the one i just stayed at was £280 for the week for 2 of us in a really great 2 bed 2_bathroom apartment which was within 3 mins of the strip in Puerto Del Carmen but was really quiet at night.We really liked our stay so much so will defo be going back this year

Carol55
21-02-2017, 17:52

I have just looked at the Ryanair Travel Insurane as ours is due for renewal and unless I'm miss reading their information, they won't cover any pre existing medical conditions.

garlicbread
21-02-2017, 18:21

I have just looked at the Ryanair Travel Insurane as ours is due for renewal and unless I'm miss reading their information, they won't cover any pre existing medical conditions.

Neither will any other insurers , unless you inform them exactly of the existing condition(s).

Carol55
21-02-2017, 18:31
Neither will any other insurers , unless you inform them exactly of the existing condition(s).

I was trying to make the point that they won't cover ANY pre existing medical conditions, unlike most other insurers, who will cover you at a extra cost. I would imagine that a very high percentage of Tenerife holiday makers are at the stage in life where they are on some form of medical condition, as even taking prescribed medications for indigestion is classed as a medical condition.

junglejim
22-02-2017, 10:35
We changed from RBS to Nationwide over a year ago and our extended annual Travel Insurance through our account with pre-existing conditions dropped by 300 quid - it is the same insurance group who deal with both !
Our insurance covers us for up to 160 days in any one trip.

Carol55
22-02-2017, 11:43
We changed from RBS to Nationwide over a year ago and our extended annual Travel Insurance through our account with pre-existing conditions dropped by 300 quid - it is the same insurance group who deal with both !
Our insurance covers us for up to 160 days in any one trip.

We are also with the Nationwide and last year took advantage of their free Nationwide FlexAccount Travel Cover with the option of extending it to cover pre existing medical conditions with UKI Travel Insurance, for us both the cost was £187, this year there has been a small rise taking the annual premimium to £201, so I think I we will remain with them and not look at any other options.

blondie
22-02-2017, 15:04
For the past few years we have used L V , found them to be not too bad with their yearly price increases . this years is £226 with existing illness cover ,
nothing major just the usual medications for our age group. It remains to be seen how good they are if we ever need them , thats when you can tell
whether you chose well . I pray we never need to find out .Years ago when I was still in nursing I was always worried sick about having treatment in a foreign
hospital , not any more , I think the hospitals have come a long way in Spain the last 10 years .

Ecky Thump
24-04-2017, 10:29
I've just received a email from Ryanair about hand luggage, you can now book your 10kg cabin bag into the hold for £5......is this the start of a move to restrict what you can take onto the aircraft for free and give Uncle Mick more money???

blondie
24-04-2017, 15:44
I knew this would be the next thing he would be charging for . Our last few flights with them the carry on cases were put in the hold
for free, knew that would,nt last long .In all fairness to him , he did give an extra carry on bag but as usual folk took the proverbial p@@@
out of it and practically took hold luggage on . The cabin crew were totally exasperated trying to fit it all in the overhead lockers .
One of them told me it was causing delays so I knew that would be the nail in the coffin .

fixer
24-04-2017, 21:57
One thing thats infuriating is the constant change off flight times every flight i booked lately the email arrives rearranging my flight time the latest one by about 9hrs later had to cancel dont they think people have made arrangements and booked the flight because of the time!.

LindaD
24-04-2017, 23:35
I've just received a email from Ryanair about hand luggage, you can now book your 10kg cabin bag into the hold for £5......is this the start of a move to restrict what you can take onto the aircraft for free and give Uncle Mick more money???

What next eh? All the passengers in the hold and luggage in the cabin? What if you don't want to put your cabin bag in the hold though, I'm presuming they can't MAKE you pay if you still want to take it on board :(

Angusjim
25-04-2017, 06:24
There is another option DONT use Ryanair but like me you lot are bunch of penny pinchers :whistle:

Chine
25-04-2017, 09:22
One thing thats infuriating is the constant change off flight times every flight i booked lately the email arrives rearranging my flight time the latest one by about 9hrs later had to cancel dont they think people have made arrangements and booked the flight because of the time!.

this is exactly why we try not to use ryanair ! we have had flight times changed lots, we were booking afternoon flights only to be changed to 6.30 am ,no good for us

Angusjim
25-04-2017, 09:32
Its not something I have encountered with Ryanair apart from last year going to Lanzarote changed it from 6.35am to 6.40am but we just accepted it although it was really inconvenient:lol:

Ecky Thump
25-04-2017, 09:48

It has been our return flight to Prestwick with Ryanair that was changed from 11:40 to 06:30, they gave us the option to cancel, which we did and rebooked for the following day, which was a good result for us as not only did it take us back to our original flight timing, but also a saving of £140. Fortunately the letting agent for the apartment ( www.alfredorealestate.com ) could accommodate the change. :)

blondie
25-04-2017, 14:28
Do you still spend your holidays in Victoria Court Ecky ?

Ecky Thump
25-04-2017, 15:20
Do you still spend your holidays in Victoria Court Ecky ?

We have never stayed there, we have stayed at it's neighbouring complex (el Mirador) many times. Although Carol's brother has a apartment on Victoria Ct.

This holiday we have rented a apartment for a month right by Linaris (down from the church) t's called Don Diago 20metres from the beach, ...not so much hill walking! :D

The webcam that we have linked on the forum is situated where we are staying and have the same view from one balcony and from the other one we look onto the stree leading to the church....that was a sneaky way of saying that we have two balconies.:lol:

http://www.skylinewebcams.com/webcam/espana/canarias/santa-cruz-de-tenerife/playa-los-cristianos.html?w=340

Bazzer
28-04-2017, 12:57
I knew this would be the next thing he would be charging for . Our last few flights with them the carry on cases were put in the hold
for free, knew that would,nt last long .In all fairness to him , he did give an extra carry on bag but as usual folk took the proverbial p@@@
out of it and practically took hold luggage on . The cabin crew were totally exasperated trying to fit it all in the overhead lockers .
One of them told me it was causing delays so I knew that would be the nail in the coffin .

We come out 3/4 times per year with hand luggage only. The up side to this is that we can now bring a hand luggage case with items we would not be able to take into the cabin for just £5 instead of the usual baggage charge.

Newforest
16-05-2018, 16:18
Trying to book Baden Baden to Tenerife for Christmas and they do not seem to be available, all booked or not issued yet? Anyone have updates on flight releases? Thanks.

Steve56
17-05-2018, 10:12
Trying to book Baden Baden to Tenerife for Christmas and they do not seem to be available, all booked or not issued yet? Anyone have updates on flight releases? Thanks.

Ryanair release flights 5 - 6 months prior to departure dates.

See https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-ticket-release-dates

barryk
03-09-2018, 19:02
Just received an email from RA offering a 50% car hire discount at Goldcar.
RA and Goldcar. What a perfect start to any holiday OMG

imablue
03-09-2018, 23:47
I know its a car hire but i would steer clear of them :whistle:

barryk
04-09-2018, 20:10
I always use Autoreison. It was just the combination of Ryanair and Goldcar. Probably the two worst companies in Europe for ancillary charges

baker888
10-09-2018, 10:14
Canelo vs GGG 2
A match between Canelo Alvarez opposed to Gennady Golovkin that is definitely booked to use Saturday fifteenth Sept 2018 is extraordinary as compared to other battles occurring 2010.

https://canelovsggg2.org/

polremy
17-09-2018, 09:47
We booked in August to fly out 3rd November. Then they changed the baggage rules. So I reluctantly paid £8 for priority As I really needed to bring a "carry on" bag.
A few days later I read that they had made a u-turn and decided not to charge people who'd already booked.
This annoyed me as I had by then paid for priority unnecessarily. However, I let it go. Not worth getting het up about.
Imagine my surprise when yesterday out of the blue Mr O'Leary actually refunded my £8.
No message. No explanation. Just actually gave me money!! Without me even asking.
I am impressed. And, according to my booking, I still have priority status so can take my case into the cabin.
Result!