PDA

View Full Version : Football Tenerife Forum Celtic football club discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

junglejim
26-02-2014, 10:08
Yes, Champions League on Tuesday. Iīve a option to watch two games as Dortmund play on 18.00 cet.
Aberdeen away wonīt be easy for Celtic as the cup home loss is still in the mind.

Good result for you last night Isle in Russia , should go through comfortably now !
So Aberdeen destroy our "record breaking" attempts in a very controversial game with referee Thomson again in the thick of it !
Maybe now we can get on with developing some of the fringe players and getting ready for next season !
Looks like Firhill on 26th will be Title winning day Davie , screw your seats down !!

http://videocelts.com/2014/02/blogs/latest-news/watch-craig-thomsons-honest-mistakes-videos

Isle
26-02-2014, 12:57
Good result for you last night Isle in Russia , should go through comfortably now !
So Aberdeen destroy our "record breaking" attempts in a very controversial game with referee Thomson again in the thick of it !
Maybe now we can get on with developing some of the fringe players and getting ready for next season !
Looks like Firhill on 26th will be Title winning day Davie , screw your seats down !!

http://videocelts.com/2014/02/blogs/latest-news/watch-craig-thomsons-honest-mistakes-videos

Sadly the record end for Celtic. Maybe it will focus the concentration of the players for the next
few weeks. Hail Hail!

seanocelt
26-02-2014, 14:33
Not a bad ten man fightback but surely a red card was harsh.?

junglejim
26-02-2014, 15:03
Not a bad ten man fightback but surely a red card was harsh.?

Let's see if we appeal it ?

Angusjim
27-02-2014, 15:35
Well lads the dandy Dons have done the double happy days in Tuechtar land :wave::lol: its a them biased refs fault, nea body likes us, it a conspiracy by the SFA, we are the only team in Scotand that get bad decisions fae refs its jist no fair:crylaughing:

junglejim
27-02-2014, 16:43
Hi AJ , nice to see you popping up again - letīs see if the Sheep can sustain their form through the rest of the season and cup finals !
It would be nice to see 2 or 3 teams giving a challenge next few years and avoid this Armageddon !
As far as Thomsonīs red card ,personally I still think it was a yellow at worst but those are the breaks , looking at some of the comments on Sevco v Stranraer with Peralta you wonder about referees ability and consistency - losing our winning streak had to happen especially with a cracker of a goal from Hayes -it just pushes the winning post back a few days !
Meanwhile the Gift That Keeps On Giving is in turmoil again with internecine war erupting - canīt see us losing the league in my lifetime if this keeps up !!
Keep well AJ- hasnīt really rained since you left! Howīs that Bus?

Angusjim
28-02-2014, 07:47
Hi JJ who's Thomson ?? Been plenty rain here the bus is now fine following a visit to the Coachworks. Maybe see you in April staying in Los Cristianos but will pop down for a bit o fitba

Hope you are well

Isle
02-03-2014, 08:43
Good reation from Celtic after Tuesdays loss. 5:0 vs Inverness, the result speaks for itself. Three more victorys
to clinch the League Title for Celtic. Hail Hail!

junglejim
02-03-2014, 09:31
Comfortable win Isle against an inefective ICT side , but good performance and work rate from Griffiths - he wants to impress!
We need to win 3 games as it stands - 26th March against Partick Thistle -you listening Davie?

Angusjim
02-03-2014, 10:08
Comfortable win Isle against an inefective ICT side , but good performance and work rate from Griffiths - he wants to impress!
We need to win 3 games as it stands - 26th March against Partick Thistle -you listening Davie?

5 break aways and a biased ref typical day at Celtic Park for visiting teams :laugh:

DannyBhoy
13-03-2014, 12:43
Hi Ghuys,I,m arriving in Costa del Silencio tomorrow afternoon hotel Palia don Pedro do you know if there is any bars near her where I can watch the Celtic v Kilmarnock game it,s on BT sports live tomorrow night also is there a direct bus route from the airport to costa del silencio.
any info appreciated
Thanks

Angusjim
13-03-2014, 15:38
Hi Ghuys,I,m arriving in Costa del Silencio tomorrow afternoon hotel Palia don Pedro do you know if there is any bars near her where I can watch the Celtic v Kilmarnock game it,s on BT sports live tomorrow night also is there a direct bus route from the airport to costa del silencio.
any info appreciated
Thanks

Come on JJ all things you are an expert on in one post Celtic / Tenerife Buses / Pubs:lol:

junglejim
13-03-2014, 17:13
Come on JJ all things you are an expert on in one post Celtic / Tenerife Buses / Pubs:lol:
AJ , I thought I posted a reply to this earlier ,seems to have got lost !
Irish Rover in San Eugenio will definitely show the game on Celtic TV, Hoops bar may run a stream with associated freezing problems .
There is no direct bus to Silencio from Airport ,111 to Guaza then 467 to Silencio .
From Silencio to San Eugenio or Los Cristianos use 467 as well, get a Bono Ticket at Airport from Souvenir shop in centre of Airport to get discount on Bus Fares .
http://titsa.com/index.php?accion=linea&IdLinea=467

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11277-Where-can-I-buy-a-bono-at-Tenerife-south-airport

Happy AJ ?

DannyBhoy
13-03-2014, 17:36
Cheers junglejim I,ve just booked transfers be easier as I have never been to costa del silencio before been to the Irish rover a few times and Stevie,s bar the hoops in LC but was hoping there would be a bar nearer me.Is it easy enough to get from where I am to San Eugenio or LC.
Danny

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I mean for the game and getting back would I need a taxi back Cheers

junglejim
13-03-2014, 17:44
Danny , the 467 drops you off either at Los Cristianos Bus Station or further on at San eugenio shopping centre
there is a late bus back.
Donīt know of anything in Silencio but you might be lucky - forgot it was on BT both bars should have it , St Mirren game is Celtic TV following week !

DannyBhoy
13-03-2014, 18:25
Thanks Junglejim,just one last question roughly how much would a taxi be back from san eugenio or los cristianos I usually miss last buses :doh:
Cheers Danny

junglejim
13-03-2014, 19:16
Think your looking at €20 from San Eugenio ! Thereīs a bus after midnight according to timetable !

DannyBhoy
13-03-2014, 19:43
20 euros not too bad Thanks for all the info
Hail Hail
Danny

Angusjim
14-03-2014, 08:17
AJ , I thought I posted a reply to this earlier ,seems to have got lost !
Irish Rover in San Eugenio will definitely show the game on Celtic TV, Hoops bar may run a stream with associated freezing problems .
There is no direct bus to Silencio from Airport ,111 to Guaza then 467 to Silencio .
From Silencio to San Eugenio or Los Cristianos use 467 as well, get a Bono Ticket at Airport from Souvenir shop in centre of Airport to get discount on Bus Fares .

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11277-Where-can-I-buy-a-bono-at-Tenerife-south-airport

Happy AJ ?

Yes very happy but you may wish to brush up on your knowledge of pubs in Silencia:lol:

junglejim
22-03-2014, 10:30
Well we have St Mirren as guests today with the Paisley Boo Boys , hopefully a decent performance with Van Dyke back in defence and probably Charlie Mulgrew at left back and a little pickīn mix in midfield .
I think Boerigter has got an extension to his sick line but is up in front of ATOS shortly for a benefits review !
Also an expected guest appearance from The Green Brigade to out shout the BuddiesīBoo Boys and gub them down into play-off zone .
Partick Thistle on Wednesday followed by Ross County should hopefully see us confirm our Premiership Title and let us all go shopping with the wife at weekends now !

Isle
23-03-2014, 11:57
Another step towards clinch the Scottish Premier League Title for Celtic. Good Celtic performance. Fantastic that the Green
Brigade is back at Celtic Park. Hail Hail!

junglejim
23-03-2014, 12:17
Another step towards clinch the Scottish Premier League Title for Celtic. Good Celtic performance. Fantastic that the Green
Brigade is back at Celtic Park. Hail Hail!

Could have been another 6 goals ! The Green Brigade are only making occasional visits now, having given up their season tickets we are hoping for a standing section next season for domestic games , similiar to Germany ībut need authorisation from Government .

junglejim
26-03-2014, 10:30
Well itīs Firhill for thrills tonight as Celtic get an opportunity to tie up the League with a draw or better whilst Thistle fight to avoid the relegation play offs and go down with Hearts to meet the mighty Sevco ! Sky sports TV tonight .
Perhaps we will throw the game and allow us a bumper crowd at home on Saturday at Celtic Park - tough decision !

Chayofa Tete
26-03-2014, 10:35
Well itīs Firhill for thrills tonight as Celtic get an opportunity to tie up the League with a draw or better whilst Thistle fight to avoid the relegation play offs and go down with Hearts to meet the mighty Sevco ! Sky sports TV tonight .
Perhaps we will throw the game and allow us a bumper crowd at home on Saturday at Celtic Park - tough decision !

Perhaps we should just beat you fair and square and the you can have a party at your place at the weekend and do us a favour into the bargain come on the Jags!!

junglejim
26-03-2014, 10:50
Perhaps we should just beat you fair and square and the you can have a party at your place at the weekend and do us a favour into the bargain come on the Jags!!

No problem with that ! Wouldnīt mind keeping the oldest Glasgow Derby alive next season ! The Maryhill Magyars try to play some decent attractive football but it has cost them dearly this season - if they come out attacking us tonight, we will tear them apart in 2nd half (I hope!)

Anyway where is Davie Thistle ??

Angusjim
26-03-2014, 12:14
Dinnae worry JJ if the Jags win you will hear from him soon enough:lol:

junglejim
26-03-2014, 16:50
Well AJ I donīt think weīll be hearing from him!!
As they say "Itīs always good to win the league at the home of your biggest localrivals !!"

Isle
26-03-2014, 17:57
Iīm sure Celtic will clinch the SPFL Title today. Hail Hail!

timmylish
27-03-2014, 02:39
A somewhat profound article on our season by Tom English!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26761719

seanocelt
27-03-2014, 02:46
So pleased for our manager, and still such a very young squad. HH

Angusjim
27-03-2014, 07:56
So pleased for our manager, and still such a very young squad. HH

Sean don't post & drink:laugh::wave: We are meeting up at the Rover for a beer Saturday 12th April to watch Utd against SEVCO if you can make it

Chayofa Tete
27-03-2014, 09:36
Sean don't post & drink:laugh::wave: We are meeting up at the Rover for a beer Saturday 12th April to watch Utd against SEVCO if you can make it

Congratulations Celtic the better team won on the night,please do not let us down against Ross Co on Saturday

junglejim
27-03-2014, 12:36
A somewhat profound article on our season by Tom English!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26761719

The BBC as a public body relying on Public Licence money are supposed to be unbiased - taking on souptakers like English ,Hun sycophants like "****" Wilson from the Herald, Jabba,Chick Young as "journalists" and commentators is a disgrace.
These guys never have and never will investigate the corruption and skulduggery in the SFA/SPFL that has polluted our game ,letīs see how they report and analyse Sevcoīs Interims posted yesterday - a good day to bury bad news perhaps!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-announce-interim-results.1395905421

Isle
29-03-2014, 07:40
Chmapionees. A deserved SPFL Title for Celtic. Hail Hail!

Championees. A deserved SPFL Title for Celtic. Hail Hail!

Isle
20-04-2014, 10:03
Motherwell-Celtic 3:3. A look at the goalline makes me think it was a exciting game. 2:0, 2:3. 3:3.
Was it exciting?

junglejim
20-04-2014, 11:15
Good second half for us but most of team seemed in holiday mood , especially Efe! Good effort by Motherwell who always kept us busy - a game we should have won , Lennon failed to shut up shop at 3-2 to Celtic .

junglejim
25-04-2014, 01:56
Sad news tonight that Sandy Jardine , Rangers Legend has succumbed to cancer at 65 yrs , RIP Sandy and condolences to your family .

Isle
25-04-2014, 17:29
Sad news tonight that Sandy Jardine , Rangers Legend has succumbed to cancer at 65 yrs , RIP Sandy and condolences to your family .

RIP Sandy Jardine.

junglejim
25-04-2014, 18:49
RIP Sandy Jardine.

Sadly Tito Vilonueva of Barcelona has passed away too at 45 -RIP !

timmylish
26-04-2014, 01:11

Sandy was a fiercely, proud Rangers man (with a bit left over the mini-huns) whom I knew from a fairly early age thru' my then Brother-in-Law (wanker). For obvious reasons I lost contact and was therefor saddened at his early demise. I doesn,t matter who you are, how much money you have you cannot defeat the scourge of modern ages, cancer. My thoughts are truly with his family to-night.

Isle
04-05-2014, 09:25
saw highlights and goals of yesterdays game. It looks like an entertaining game to me. Good result for
Celtic. Celtic-Aberdeen 5:2.

junglejim
04-05-2014, 09:59
A good open game with an error fro Matthews letting the Sheep in , their second goal was a stunner.
We looked hungry yesterday and played well , just get Efe to calm down a bit and relax-he had his world cup head on .
St Johnstone on Wednesday then Dundee Utd next week when we lift the trophy out of our cabinet for another celebration!!
Those who are playing in World Cup may not be at game next week - Forster ,Izzaguerre,Sammy, Efe, being rested possibly !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLAmNSUlUap5sNWgDy9_dL5HkD7mwHgEII&v=JHYOjoeyV8c

junglejim
11-05-2014, 09:17
Our final League game against Dundee Utd at Celtic Park with the new Walkway opened -a celebration due with a touch of sadness due to the sad news of the death of brave little Oscar Knox who succumbed to cancer this week,aged 5 . There will be a commemoration to him at the game today
RIP Wee Man ,you were a brave wee soul and inspireda lot of people !
Will be another opportunity for some of fringe players to get a run out today - I think Samaras should stick to his singing career ,thought he was brilliant last night in Eurovision Song contest !

Our final League game against Dundee Utd at Celtic Park with the new Walkway opened -a celebration due with a touch of sadness due to the sad news of the death of brave little Oscar Knox who succumbed to cancer this week,aged 5 . There will be a commemoration to him at the game today
RIP Wee Man ,you were a brave wee soul and inspireda lot of people !
Will be another opportunity for some of fringe players to get a run out today - I think Samaras should stick to his singing career ,thought he was brilliant last night in Eurovision Song contest !

Isle
11-05-2014, 10:52
For me players who leave the club at the end of a season deserved a official good bye from the
club and cheers from the Supporters.

3iar. Fly the flag. Hail Hail!

timmylish
12-05-2014, 00:47
I,m not at all happy with how Sammy seems to have been treated. No matter what he scored some really important goals for us and he clearly loved being a Celt! Good luck to the big man.

junglejim
12-05-2014, 11:56
The Sammy situation is interesting from the "business" point of view that Lawwell is likely to take - Sammy has scored few goals in his 7 years, his resale value is very low in relation to his wages which are likely to be a lot higher than the recent influx of duds to the club .
Lennon washed his hands of the issue publicly yesterday so an entirely business decision which again has split the opinion of the fans !
If only Sammy had scored his penalty 4 seasons ago against the Huns as he did yesterday he would have been a superhero!
I will miss him for everything he gave , good and bad !

doncht
17-05-2014, 22:25
I think he's just waiting for something before asking for more then. https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/vbulletin-smile.gif

seanocelt
18-05-2014, 12:16
Charlie and The Bhoys 25th anniversary tour; LIVE IN TENERIFE FRIDAY 25TH JULY.
Irish Times (not Tims!) Bar, Los Cristianos, Tickets available at The Hoops Bar or the bandīs website, 20euros.

junglejim
18-05-2014, 12:58
Charlie and The Bhoys 25th anniversary tour; LIVE IN TENERIFE FRIDAY 25TH JULY.
Irish Times (not Tims!) Bar, Los Cristianos, Tickets available at The Hoops Bar or the bandīs website, 20euros.

Should be a great night but a very tight bar for it - saw them in Barrowlands - brilliant ,Glasgow - donīt wear your best gear !!
Shorts and an old Celtic Top will do !! HH!
Season finished now , just the transfer rumour crap to read now - nice to see Desmond and his buddy OīBrian are worth 5 Billion and weīre scraping 2 million for a pash striker !!

Angusjim
22-05-2014, 12:03
Bye Bye Neil hello Henrik

seanocelt
22-05-2014, 12:33
Henrik not ready Jim, would like Malky Mackay, sad to see Neil go but right time.

junglejim
22-05-2014, 12:36
Bye Bye Neil hello Henrik

Sad to see him go but he deserves a life ,the only Scottish Manager with a professional bodyguard .
Now, whoīs next ?? .... Coyle, Moyes, Lambert ?

Angusjim
22-05-2014, 12:49
Well bide awa fae Glebe Park:lol::hello:

Henrik not ready Jim, would like Malky Mackay, sad to see Neil go but right time.

No what the bookies are sayin http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/celtic/next-permanent-manager

timmylish
22-05-2014, 13:11
I,ve been feeling that he was distancing himself from more difficult aspects of the job but, having said that I have a rather empty feeling. Something is clearly not well at CP insofar as the playing side is concerned. His sharp comments viz a viz Sammy,s position led me to believe that there had been a falling out of sorts. Whatever, that,s this era over, too quickly for my liking. You know at the minute I,m just not interested who might replace him.
He does deserve a lot more recognition than he gets, just because of the personal issues, not of his own choosing. I do wish him well and, taking the experience of some players who have left recently, picking the correct next step will charter his future in the game.

seanocelt
22-05-2014, 13:51
to escape with titles trophies and most importantly his health and sanity is a good thing, love the guy but the Club will move on . I think we will be out of Europe early this year, August early! New manger will need to do a rebuild but will get time, when will youth get a chance at our club? Maybe now.

Angusjim
22-05-2014, 14:13
Sean just heard Henrik is in Glasgow area but you could right he was seen coming out of Broadwood Stadium obviously trying a bigger club first :crylaughing:

junglejim
22-05-2014, 17:52
Have you wired yourself up the wrong way today AJ ? - Your humor is just electric !

Isle
22-05-2014, 18:10
Iīm really surprised that Neil Lennon go. Lennon has done a lot for Celtic.
I say A Big Thank You and Good Luck, whatever You do next.

I donīt have any idea who can be the next coach for Celtic.

seanocelt
22-05-2014, 19:25
AJ is Chick Young a relative? Looks like you, predicted Lennon going to Norwich, who just appointed Neil Adams. IF Henrik gets it, you are a very insightful felly. If not, you are the forumīs Chick Young, expect to be stalked with Only An Excuse clips wherever you appear on the forum!

Tijuana
22-05-2014, 22:51
Can't say I blame Lennon. Best players sold every year. No money from Lawwell. And no Rangers to pump for the forseeable future - if ever, they way they're heading again.

I understand the operating model but I dread to think what will happen if we go out in the qualifying rounds of the CL in July. The season could be finished before it has actually started.

But, Celtic being Celtic, maybe that's what it will take.

Angusjim
23-05-2014, 06:47
Thing is you say Henrik does not have the experience what experience did Neil Lennon have ? The Celtic job is no longer one of the big jobs in Britain they are a big fish in a VERY VERY small pond they will either get some one winding down their career or someone trying to get to the top table, no top manager with any ambition in their right mind would want to come to Celtic unless they open the biscuit tin up a bit wider:hello::lol:

timmylish
24-05-2014, 02:18
One of my old contacts phoned me to-day and, amongst all his usual shoite about the mob across the river he mentioned to me, yet again , that Lennon never got over Lawwell not sorting Hooper out with a new contract which, in turn, would have meant that doing the same with Joe and to a lesser extent our Greek icon would have left him with the nucleus of a team capable of qualifying this year.
I look at what we now have at our managerless club is a group consisting of a number of players likely to leave after or during, the World Cup. Don,t have to go thru them one by one but Forster, Van Dijk, Forrest, any one of 3 right backs and on and on I could but won,t, go! Negative in the extreme but that,s how I feel about this. Its not just Lennon leaving but the apparent lack of desire to improve the playing side of the company not only the business side! I do hope I,m wrong but that,s how I feel.

junglejim
24-05-2014, 11:18
I'm pretty sure the main driver for Neil Lennon and Johan Mjalby leaving is the financial constraints they are working under with the current board .
The reality is that financially , no Scottish team can compete at European Level with the poor level of TV and sponsorship money given - the bottom relegated club in EPL gets more than the whole of Scottish Football !
The Samaras, Hooper issue didnīt help - the prospect of losing FF /VVD would upset any manager whois trying to build a team and not a financial conveyer belt - it will be interesting to see who we get as a manager as it will indicate Pistol Peteīs ( and Desmondīs) intentions-
2 Billionares on the board with short arms and deep pockets - at least we wonīt be liquidated ...... I hope !
"The war is over - the bean Counters have won !!"

Tijuana
24-05-2014, 12:45
Being reported here in the UK today that Moyes is the preferred choice of Dermot Desmond.

Decent track record at Everton but hardly a style of football you'd associate with Celtic. Which apparently was one of the reasons his spell at Old Trafford ended abruptly.

I'd give it to Roy Keane. Still unproven as a manager, but the years spent under Ferguson and the Champions League experience would surely bring something to the table.

And you just know it would never be dull :argue:

seanocelt
24-05-2014, 18:34
guess we will have to shoor for ten in a row, Aberdeen likliest to mount a challenge,, Europe a short distraction.

junglejim
25-05-2014, 11:57
Kevin McKenna in the Guardian comments on Scotland's Shame - he forgot to include the SMSM !

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/25/neil-lennon-persecution-shames-scotland-celtic-manager?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

seanocelt
26-05-2014, 02:38
good shout JJ

junglejim
26-05-2014, 08:55
good shout JJ

The article is being complimented all over except for some of the obvious Paypal !

timmylish
27-05-2014, 00:51
Yes. It is a good article but, in my opinion, a couple of years too late?
Also I,m really worried now as I,m told Garry Parker has had enough. I,ve got that biscuit tin feeling per the "Whyte" days!

junglejim
27-05-2014, 01:29
Yes. It is a good article but, in my opinion, a couple of years too late?
Also I,m really worried now as I,m told Garry Parker has had enough. I,ve got that biscuit tin feeling per the "Whyte" days!

McKenna wrote this other article in 2011 Timmy, the rest of the SMSM wouldn't go near the issue - jackson's article " who's more hated Lennon or HMRC " prior to Ibrox game was one article

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/sep/17/football-why-kill-neil-lennon

www.scotzine.com/2011/09/are-the-daily-record-inciting-hatred-against-neil-lennon/

timmylish
29-05-2014, 01:48
I had not previously known about these but I do have to say that the Scotzine article is particularly first class but, like a lot of good stuff, its gone pretty much unnoticed. Glad you let me see them. Thanks.:D

junglejim
29-05-2014, 07:54
Kevin McKenna and Glen Gibbons usually give it straight with no fear but don't get a lot of exposure .
Hacks like Spiers and Jackson have softened off a little lately as they get pelters on social media such as Twitter .
Traynor and Keevins have gone from Daily Ranger and Richard (****) Wilson and English have gone to BBC so have to be more balanced and factual, the Scottish Media has taken a pounding the last few years from both Celtic and even Sevco for perceptions of bias and agendas !
Couldn't happen to better people!

Kevin McKenna and Glen Gibbons usually give it straight with no fear but don't get a lot of exposure .
Hacks like Spiers and Jackson have softened off a little lately as they get pelters on social media such as Twitter .
Traynor and Keevins have gone from Daily Ranger and Richard (****) Wilson and English have gone to BBC so have to be more balanced and factual, the Scottish Media has taken a pounding the last few years from both Celtic and even Sevco for perceptions of bias and agendas !
Couldn't happen to better people!

Tijuana
06-06-2014, 13:22
What do we make of this then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2650572/Celtic-appoint-Norwegian-Ronny-Deila-new-manager.html

No criticising me for my choice of newspaper :D

junglejim
06-06-2014, 14:34
A different type of coach , awaiting the next "assistant" appointment to see what set up we are going to have ,
Seems to have been mainly well received amongst support as something new and imaginative, he'll have a busy baptism with the qualifiers coming up for CL!
I wonder how long it will take the press to find something wrong with him and a snarling Norseman picture?

Ricman
06-06-2014, 14:52
Already got one, with video. See him stripping to his knickers pitchside after a game. Bet its already in the Record.

junglejim
06-06-2014, 15:40
Already got one, with video. See him stripping to his knickers pitchside after a game. Bet its already in the Record.

3 days ago !

timmylish
07-06-2014, 01:34
I,ve still not really got over the departure of Lenny so I find this appointment leaving me almost disinterested, for the moment. I,ve read extensively on this lad,s background and he certainly seems to have done very well but, at a level which is even worse than Scotland. There is no doubt in my mind that Celtic are almost prepared to write off this season (insofar as Europe is concerned) so if that,s the case how will they persuade the fans to stick with this, dig into their pockets and support the Club for the next season. This is really a suck and see sort of appointment so I shall just do that and await the further appointments to be announced and try to see if the Club has got it right on this continental style of setup with the front man,Delia, being head coach and only that with recruitment in the hands of others.

junglejim
07-06-2014, 07:56
Not so sure Timmy , the guy seems to be rated amongst some top European coaches , the fans mainly seem keen on this change in "culture" and his style and getting something more imaginative .
It will be interesting to watch the development at a time when we are comfortable enough to try a different approach- it has certainly caught the MSM flat footed and struggling to find an "angle" , pushing a 5 year old video is the best they can come up with at the moment .
Grant & Spiers of the Herald seem positive , the Red Tops haven't an effin' clue as their usual spoon fed sources know **** all about the guy and don't speak Skandi!!
He seems keen to nurture and develop players which will go well with our youth teams and supporters and suit Lawwell's finacial model - maybe he'll get Pukki and Boerrigter to turn it on !LOL!
The qualifying rounds will be a challenge especially the 3rd one !
As for Neil Lennon's departure , I'm not sure we'll ever get the truth on that one - lot's of speculation on the boards but Lennon keeping quiet - we all miss him and wish him well .
The SMSM will struggle now to fill copy!

doncht
14-06-2014, 19:37
As for Neil Lennon's departure , I'm not sure we'll ever get the truth on that one - lot's of speculation on the boards but Lennon keeping quiet - we all miss him and wish him well .

A lot of people will do. https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/vbulletin-smile.gif

junglejim
18-06-2014, 09:52
Football fixtures for SPFL and CFC now published = Celtic's first League game is away to St Johnstone on Weds. 13th August
Champions League Qualifiers draw is next Wednesday 23rd June- Ronny Deila and John Collins our front line management team jump in at the deep end!! HH !!

http://www.celticfc.net/fixtures/first

http://spfl.co.uk/fixture-day-released/

Isle
28-06-2014, 08:23
Have to say that the story of Samaras and Wee Jay is great advertisement for Celtic FC.

Young Jay watching Samaras score the winner last night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8TVx6GKoo

Sammy talk to Jay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro3Oa074NTI

BBC article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-28066840

junglejim
28-06-2014, 08:41
Yes Isle , nice touch from Sammy and Greek FA - unfortunately the family was going on holiday and couldn't take up the offer to go to Brazil !
Jay doesn't know yet Sammy has left Celtic , that will be a tough one to tell him, though I'm sure Sammy will keep in touch !

Our 2nd qualifying round draw for CL looks reasonable with first tie now in Iceland on 15th July and 2nd tie at Murrayfield on 22nd July - little will happen on transfer front until after then ,with new manager Deila and assistant Collins starting training last Monday .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7KYBFsnxz4&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

doncht
28-06-2014, 18:02
Thanks for that Isle! https://imagicon.info/cat/10-3/vbulletin-smile.gif

junglejim
29-06-2014, 08:43
Jay gives Sammy and Greece some advice !

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=830125860338929&fref=nf

junglejim
30-06-2014, 06:59
Sadly Sammy and his crew obviously didn't listen to Jay !
Another Greek tragedy !

Celtic start their pre-season friendly tour from Thursday in Austria/Germany with all matches live on Celtic TV .

3rd July - Krasnodar (Wamsbach)
6th July - Rapid (A)
8th July - Linsz (A)
11th July - Dukla Prague (Steyr)
19th July - Dresden (A)
26th July - St Pauli (A)
2nd August - Spurs (Helsinki

seanocelt
30-06-2014, 14:05
on the 25th, Friday night before St Pauli game, Charlie and the Bhoys play live in Tenerife at the Irish Times for anyone interested,tickets at the Hoops Bar. 20 euros.
HH.

junglejim
02-07-2014, 11:20
First friendly Thursday ,at 16:30 on Celtic TV , Irish Rover . :D
2014 Celtic Huddle at top of Ben Nevisfor Charity last weekend , effin freezing by the looks of it ! :c2:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=769372933105677&set=vb.100000989316588&type=2&theater

junglejim
15-07-2014, 07:33
Well the pre-season tour of Austria is over and the Fat Lady Brunhilde has sung at Rio , so now it's down to our qualifying rounds for the Champions League .
Tonight on BBC1 Scotland we start with an away tie in Iceland against KR Reykjavik with Ronnie's first competitive game .
Hopefully some of the flops from last season can improve and support our main team - it won't be the same without Sammy loitering on the wing waiting to unleash his annual run-in on goal , perhaps Sick-Note Boerigter will have upped his medication sufficiently to last till half time !

We await in anticipation ! HH!

Isle
15-07-2014, 18:24
To me the missing of Brown is a huge loss for Celtic, while heīs out sidelined.
Hereīs faith for a good result today. Hail Hail!

timmylish
16-07-2014, 03:23
Aceptable result but dear oh dear surely Celtic can find a centre forward who can score goals. Would have bagged a right few last night. Talking to an English friend this evening, during the game, he again queried how on earth we can watch this ..oite and for once I had to agree. Lawwell will HAVE to put funds up for a centre. After all the Club has banked an awful lot of money from the sale of players and CL gamesover the last 2 or 3 years.

junglejim
16-07-2014, 09:59
Yes a very dull effort and could have scored 4/5 goals , hopefully we will up our effort at Murrayfield next week on the new synthetic/hybrid pitch .
I'm sure Ronny will gee them up but will have to markedly improve if we expect to progress to group stages!

Just watched the Gallant Pioneers against 4th tier Ace Ventura - getting gubbed 3-1 by a semi-pro college team is not what the peepul want to see!

Angusjim
16-07-2014, 10:38
I hope the authorities are going to investigate Celtic fans pitch invasion whilst celebrating the goal:lol::c2:

junglejim
16-07-2014, 11:15
I hope the authorities are going to investigate Celtic fans pitch invasion whilst celebrating the goal:lol::c2:

I believe they shot the dog that had a plop on the field last week in Austria !

junglejim
17-07-2014, 10:05
To me the missing of Brown is a huge loss for Celtic, while heīs out sidelined.
Hereīs faith for a good result today. Hail Hail!
out for 3 months Isle
one for you

http://www.11freunde.de/interview/legende-henrik-larsson-ueber-ronaldinho-celtic-und-das-leben

junglejim
23-07-2014, 10:10
Decent performance last night at Murrayfield against a dubious Icelandic Team , now await to see if it's St Pat's in Dublin !
Commonwealth Boxer Tongan Lomalito Moala and his mates adopting Celtic ! :bowdown:

https://twitter.com/lomalitomoala

timmylish
24-07-2014, 03:24
Oh how good to hear the Beeb continously talk about 'Celtic Park', news programmess etc etc. Oh how the hun must feel. Hope the docs in Glasgow have plenty anti-spew serum available.
btw Celtic Park looked magnificent on tv and in the many phots taken!

junglejim
24-07-2014, 06:48
Yes the ceremony went well and gave a great PR spot to Celtic Park , Lomalito Moala from Tonga kept the promise to wear the Hoops ( but apparently was reprimanded later) .
Nice to see Lizzie there checking up on the "State Aid " we received for upgrading the area !!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-sport/other/glasgow-2014-tonga-boxer-is-die-hard-celtic-fan-1-3486393

Elsewhere Legia Warsaw thumped St Pats so we meet them next week in CL 3rd Qualifier !

kingbaker
24-07-2014, 07:05
Yes the ceremony went well and gave a great PR spot to Celtic Park , Lomalito Moala from Tonga kept the promise to wear the Hoops ( but apparently was reprimanded later) .
Nice to see Lizzie there checking up on the "State Aid " we received for upgrading the area !!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-sport/other/glasgow-2014-tonga-boxer-is-die-hard-celtic-fan-1-3486393

Elsewhere Legia Warsaw thumped St Pats so we meet them next week in CL 3rd Qualifier !

She might be looking for its return soon...depends.on the size of the fine :p:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

junglejim
31-07-2014, 12:51
A very heavy defeat last night from Legia Warsaw makes any progress in Champions League unlikely this season , major loss of revenue !
Losing Efe in 1st half and down to 10 men cost us dearly and 2nd half turned into a nightmare .
New manager Deila will have his work cut out to raise the standard of this team , especially if we lose Van Dyke, Forster, Efe - Lawwell and board are unlikely to splash our serious money for replacements as our downsizing seems to continue !

seanocelt
31-07-2014, 13:14
we all expected to go out before the group stage i think, but hard to defend the new boss when he dumps one of our best and sticks in an untested, unheard of "pal". Downsizing is exactly how we are cutting our cloth JJ, i accept it but, looking at potential Europa League play off i see Hull in the mix. Hull, with a bigger budget than us. HULL FFS!!! Saddens me.

timmylish
01-08-2014, 02:17
Not so sure Timmy , the guy seems to be rated amongst some top European coaches , the fans mainly seem keen on this change in "culture" and his style and getting something more imaginative .
It will be interesting to watch the development at a time when we are comfortable enough to try a different approach- it has certainly caught the MSM flat footed and struggling to find an "angle" , pushing a 5 year old video is the best they can come up with at the moment .
Grant & Spiers of the Herald seem positive , the Red Tops haven't an effin' clue as their usual spoon fed sources know **** all about the guy and don't speak Skandi!!
He seems keen to nurture and develop players which will go well with our youth teams and supporters and suit Lawwell's finacial model - maybe he'll get Pukki and Boerrigter to turn it on !LOL!
The qualifying rounds will be a challenge especially the 3rd one !
The SMSM will struggle now to fill copy!

At the beginning of June I was starting to express concern and disinterest in the managerial appointment and I have to say the manner in which he talks about the team leave me wondering if the lad (and that,s what he is) has a high opinion of himself and after last night,s performance I,ve heard nothing to alter this opinion. In June JJ wrote the above and I want to use that as a platform for further comment (not criticism) again following last night! I saw the expression of joy in the 'change in culture etc' to be views being expressed by our very left wing element of the support. Trying the different approach, which we had been told, about was surely nothing short of a daft approach in the second qualifying round of this competition so valuable to our well being. It was like the Dutch pontifications at the WC that they were using a 'new' system which, as of course, MOM correctly pointed out had been getting used for years and years! On last night leaving regulars on the bench away from home was worse than daft and to play his new pal from Swansea who could never ever play a full 90 mins was beyond belief. Half time and we are 2-1 down throw Griffiths up front, as an out, in the Samaras way, and try to load the middle of the park to see out time.
I am gonna have to be heavily persuaded that this new manager is gonna be good for Celtic FC and not just good for him! I am going to stay away from fotba' for a while so that I don,t say things I,ll regret later!

junglejim
01-08-2014, 07:35
Don't think you'll be alone Timmy , I can't see Deila persuading the Board to splash the cash now that we're struggling to stay in CL qualification .
Lennon's guarded comments yesterday on Ronny needing a season to "bed in" and lack of investment may be a soft landing for us to expect little from Lawwell and a realisation that we will struggle to compete with other leagues financially .
The support ain't happy though at the manner of our defeat , especially in the 2nd half - Griffiths getting pelters for tweeting a photo of his Ģ850 pair of trainers hours afterwards with supporters having paid hundreds of pounds to travel to Poland suggests that some of the the team doesn't "get it" , we will see what happens next week !

Isle
02-08-2014, 07:32
The first 25 mins Celtic play good. But they give up the midfield
controll to easily and allow Legia to risk more. That was the main reason
for the outcome to me. The result leave Celtic, with a tiny chance
to move into the next round of the CL qualification. Celtic need
a miracle next wednesday. Hail Hail!

junglejim
03-08-2014, 06:56
Spurs gave our youth team a bit of a pasting yesterday with a 6-1 defeat, not sure of the value of this outing on our young professionals .
First team squad are preparing for the 2nd leg against Legia on Tuesday with a fair bit of criticism of both their effort and Board's future plans .
Will see what happens after Tuesday on transfer market and our probable attempt to qualify for Europa League ( even that may be a stretch!).
May be a few faces being transferred out too - Balde, Stokes, Van Dyke, Forster and even Effe!

Angusjim
03-08-2014, 11:42
Don't think you'll be alone Timmy , I can't see Deila persuading the Board to splash the cash now that we're struggling to stay in CL qualification .
Lennon's guarded comments yesterday on Ronny needing a season to "bed in" and lack of investment may be a soft landing for us to expect little from Lawwell and a realisation that we will struggle to compete with other leagues financially .
The support ain't happy though at the manner of our defeat , especially in the 2nd half - Griffiths getting pelters for tweeting a photo of his Ģ850 pair of trainers hours afterwards with supporters having paid hundreds of pounds to travel to Poland suggests that some of the the team doesn't "get it" , we will see what happens next week !

JJ surely nae big surprise aboot Griffths he is a good footballer but is a complete numpty Celtic will probably ditch him this year due to his off field activities

seanocelt
03-08-2014, 13:52
i keep reading the 2nd leg is WEDNESDAY

junglejim
03-08-2014, 13:56
i keep reading the 2nd leg is WEDNESDAY

It is Weds Sean, Ithought it was Tuesday !
http://www.celticfc.net/mainindex
Means we can watch Hibs in the Petrofac Diddy Cup on Alba on Tuesday !

Angusjim
03-08-2014, 14:04
It is Weds Sean, Ithought it was Tuesday !
http://www.celticfc.net/mainindex
Means we can watch Hibs in the Petrofac Diddy Cup on Alba on Tuesday !
Nothing diddy aboot this cup the mighty Brecchin City are still involved have humbled the Blue Brazil in the last round:whistle:

timmylish
04-08-2014, 01:16
Spurs gave our youth team a bit of a pasting yesterday with a 6-1 defeat, not sure of the value of this outing on our young professionals .
First team squad are preparing for the 2nd leg against Legia on Tuesday with a fair bit of criticism of both their effort and Board's future plans .
Will see what happens after Tuesday on transfer market and our probable attempt to qualify for Europa League ( even that may be a stretch!).
May be a few faces being transferred out too - Balde, Stokes, Van Dyke, Forster and even Effe!

You know, I was going to go on about the Spurs game, decided against it and no I,m gonna make the comment that would it not have been preferable for the first team to get practice against top opposition, in preparation for the return Legia game. Now I see the 'CLUB' is taking abuse for sending a young group as opposed to the first team squad. I think the organisers are quite correct to speak out, after all if roles were reversed Lawwell would be up in arms. See, I cannot keep my feckin' mouth shut even tho' I promised to do so!

Isle
05-08-2014, 18:30
Lets see what reaction Celtic players show tomorrow. Iīm confident Celtic show a good game.
Do I believe Celtic can get a miracle? Yes.

Lets see what reaction the Celtic players show tomorrow. Iīm confident Celtic show a good game.
Do I believe Celtic can get a miracle? Yes.

Isle
07-08-2014, 21:15
Over the 2 legs Legia Warsaw was better than Celtic.

junglejim
08-08-2014, 13:07
Over the 2 legs Legia Warsaw was better than Celtic.

Yes Isle, but on paper we had the better Administrators !!:lol:
Uefa rules are so crazy and intransigent - thank you UEFA!! :bowdown:

Ricman
08-08-2014, 18:29
Sean, " I believe in miracles " must now be in every night !

junglejim
16-08-2014, 08:31
First game at Celtic park this season and Ronny Deila walking onto park with Fergus "The Bunnet" McCann unfurling the League Flag .
After over a week of The Legia issue (and more to come on Monday) it will be good to get what promises to be a difficult game with Dundee Utd
underway - hopefully we can get a decent performance out of our forwards .
Boerrigter being cited for "diving" seems a little harsh ,being offered 2 game ban instead of the yellow card he might have received if referee had made that decision-he was pushed so was entitled to go down as many players do outfield .
By the way Sky Sports TV is free today - Sky 3

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 07:08
Six break away goals against the run of play:doh::whistle:

Isle
17-08-2014, 07:43
Celtic-Dundee United 6:1. The Result looks good. Was it a mixture of Celtic playing good and Dundee playing bad?

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 07:47
Celtic-Dundee United 6:1. The Result looks good. Was it a mixture of Celtic playing good and Dundee playing bad?

Mostly the latter Utd were really really poor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LRS4tWw0ro

junglejim
17-08-2014, 09:29
Dundee Utd were a poor shadow of a team yesterday though Celtic could easily have scored 10 - if Mackay-Stevens had scored early in game it may have helped .
Celtic played well and even Efe playing at RB looked comfortable , the only dampener was Forrest in last minute pulling a hamstring .
Jamesīs fitness is holding back a brilliant winger and Celtic need to get to the bottom of his problems soon or his top flight career is over.
Now we have a nail-biting wait for on Monday and an away game with Maribor to get through !

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 10:34
Serious question could Celtic be doing more to come out of the Legia farce with a bit more dignity:dontknow:

Rebelión
17-08-2014, 11:51
Well since this seems to be the only thread talking about football in Scotland, may as well join in. My side St Mirren, 2 games in and it's already looking like a relegation dogfight :( An undeserved 0-1 at Motherwell and a home doing v Accies. Looking like a long season ahead, with our next game v Dundee looking like a must win ! Wish we had Celtic's luck :(

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 12:16
Why no start a thread for Scottish football I am sure many will contribute:)

Why no start a thread for Scottish football I am sure many will contribute:)
or try here always plenty good banter for all Scottish Football http://www.pieandbovril.com/

seanocelt
17-08-2014, 12:27
whats all this about "luck" and " coming out of things better"? Aye, a Scottish Football thread is needed, get it started AJ, you are the very man!

Angusjim
17-08-2014, 13:02
whats all this about "luck" and " coming out of things better"? Aye, a Scottish Football thread is needed, get it started AJ, you are the very man!

Started as telt:tiphat:

timmylish
17-08-2014, 17:04
Serious question could Celtic be doing more to come out of the Legia farce with a bit more dignity:dontknow:
Celtic,s dignity has been to refrain from entering into a useless or pointless because those who made this monumental balls-up have said it all. In fact the matter is like being 'sub judice' so infact Celtic are abliged to refrain from comment until the decision of the Court is revealed. Even when a decision is announced I doubt Celtic will comment upon as they are following the instructions of those running the competition!

Isle
20-08-2014, 15:43
I believe Celtic canīt play that bad like parts of the Legia games, again. Iīm sure Celtic make a good
game and get a good result. Hail Hail!

Isle
21-08-2014, 17:39
Celtic show a really good team performance in Maribor. The 1:1 result is fully deserved.
Celtic is in a great positon for tuesdays game.

Isle
27-08-2014, 21:19
Honestly Celtic where the better team in Maribor and took a away this good result.
But Maribor sadly was the better team in the replay. Especially the shots on goal
where more dangerous from the visitors. Celtic fail to creating chances and play
better football. Now its europa league group stage for the Hoops.

seanocelt
28-08-2014, 01:53
got nothing deserved nothing, fans totally shortchanged. And we will not stand for it.

Ricman
28-08-2014, 13:39
Maybe all is not lost.
Maribor have been challenged by EUFA because their assistant kit man is just on work experience & should not have been given a visa - albeit only temporary - whilst officially still on school holidays plus of course they were breaking the financial fair play rules by not paying him.
Make no mistake these are serious allegations & a leading authority on EUFA corruption thinks this will mean Tuesdays result will become 3-0 to Celtic.

seanocelt
28-08-2014, 13:58
yes. and , and.. em...............that Brazilian guy that scored? Hasnt paid his TV licence. Outraged.

Ricman
28-08-2014, 14:17
Missed that one, TV licence hmm. Make that 6-0 to the hoops & a bye to the semi finals then.

junglejim
28-08-2014, 15:36
yes. and , and.. em...............that Brazilian guy that scored? Hasnt paid his TV licence. Outraged.

Tavares -thought he was in a band ! We were missing more than Angels this time !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmzWzfd2WN0

Angusjim
30-08-2014, 09:29
Gutted !! but no disgrace being beaten by one of the giants of European football:doh:

seanocelt
31-08-2014, 17:22
there he is! Its Saturday morning, its the Celtic thread, its ANGUSJIMTIME!

Angusjim
31-08-2014, 18:55
there he is! Its Saturday morning, its the Celtic thread, its ANGUSJIMTIME!

Its now Sunday night and its me again another great celtic performance today:bowdown::lol:

junglejim
31-08-2014, 19:08
:popcorn:.....

Angusjim
31-08-2014, 19:13
Oh ands now official celtic admit there are strugling withoot the gers straight fae the horses mooth:wow:

seanocelt
01-09-2014, 01:21
so THAT was your point all along? Im happy to struggle on, no problem with that at all.

Angusjim
06-10-2014, 15:24
Testing Testing is there anybody oot there

Angusjim
12-10-2014, 08:08
Sean & JJ are you around for a beer to watch the footie at the Rover when I am over 3/11/14 - 10/11/14 maybe I can bring you luck, but if Broony plays like he did yesterday for Scotland then things must get better he was outstanding easily best player on the pitch

Angusjim
29-11-2014, 12:22
So whats the prediction for Hearts via Celtic on Sunday I think a 2-2 draw and Celtic to win replay at home 2-0

martincrabb99
29-11-2014, 13:50
So whats the prediction for Hearts via Celtic on Sunday I think a 2-2 draw and Celtic to win replay at home 2-0

Celtic 3-1 Hearts

Angusjim
29-11-2014, 14:14
This thread gets mare like Celtic Park every week nae a lot o the " faithful thru and thru " " best fans in Europe " turning up:laugh::whistle:

seanocelt
29-11-2014, 18:40
This forum gets more like the Rolf Harris fan club, lookin at recent membership use. Still, at least your the funniest guy on it AJ. Mind you FFS look at the competition.

martincrabb99
29-11-2014, 19:22
This forum gets more like the Rolf Harris fan club, lookin at recent membership use. Still, at least your the funniest guy on it AJ. Mind you FFS look at the competition.

No I think you are the funniest member to participate....you support Celtic!

Angusjim
30-11-2014, 09:19

I believe that Rolf Harris fan club has quite a following in some quarters of Scotland and Ireland. Thing is Sean Celtic fans love dishing oot banter but are no so good at accepting it chill oot man:snore::console:

martincrabb99
30-11-2014, 10:30
I believe that Rolf Harris fan club has quite a following in some quarters of Scotland and Ireland. Thing is Sean Celtic fans love dishing oot banter but are no so good at accepting it chill oot man:snore::console:

The thought of being a member of the Rolf Harris Fan club sickens me..but I would watch any football game ( including Celtic )

seanocelt
30-11-2014, 17:29

I WAS enjoyin the banter there till you said that!! You see what i mean? Nae wonder folk dinae post as much. All YOUR fault!! Only kiddin pal.

Angusjim
09-08-2015, 13:22
One nil Celtic at half time in the Glasgow derby:wave:

Angusjim
01-10-2015, 13:06
Can Celtic follow up their great result that they had against Ajax, here hoping they can Scottish football could do with them to get a run of good results to give our profile a bit of a lift. Come on the Celts:c2::c2::c2:

Angusjim
11-12-2016, 16:07
Goodness this thread seems to have been deserted JJ & Seany no keeping the Forum up to date come on buoys. I did meet up with JJ and watched the Aberdeen game last time I was over at the Fiddler ( its no cheap in there:eek: )

junglejim
28-05-2018, 09:15
Goodness this thread seems to have been deserted JJ & Seany no keeping the Forum up to date come on buoys. I did meet up with JJ and watched the Aberdeen game last time I was over at the Fiddler ( its no cheap in there:eek: )

AW Jim ! You had a decent day out - even had free shots ! I stopped updating that thread as I missed taunting Mr Bamford (I think that was his name ?)
Next time Brechin win a game you can celebrate with us and some nice Cava - it was good to see you -is it time to re-open the "Illegal Letting Thread" yet ?:crazy: