PDA

View Full Version : Football Tenerife Forum Celtic football club discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Angusjim
26-05-2012, 11:05
Thanks JJ, great info as always, enjoyed our swally yesterday, with Angusjim. CL qualifiers are banana skins, hate them.

Sean was great to meet you last Saturday I will pop in to see you next time we are over :scotland:

seanocelt
26-05-2012, 11:19
You too Jim, nice chattin about Flicks and the auld days!

timmylish
27-05-2012, 01:19
Sug. Your idea of lightening up are entirely different to mine.
When you make your mind up if you are "walking away" or "staying" then and only then will I decide if I can have lighthearted banter with you and your likes. You see, history tends to tell me that no matter what you profess you and your fellow Huns rarely change.
As I keep telling you. Get prepared for next weeks events and revelations of even greater proportions relating to the steps taken by RFC over the last ten years of Murray,s tenure to defeat Celtic FC in the most vile and corrupt way.

canary boy
28-05-2012, 09:58
Twitter was supposedly going into overdrive with praise for the fans last night.
Thats why we are the hottest property for testimonials.
"You can take us anywhere"

Lots of friends made and its an advert on how to enjoy a day out at the football, No supporter related arrests , No A and E admissions, and a bundle of laughs , check pics out on twitter

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/celtic_fans_in_norwich_your_photos_1_1386552

#norwichcelticfamily

Isle
28-05-2012, 10:04
Have thought about the 45th anniversary on Friday, 25.05.1967:

Celtic-Inter Milan 2:1.
First british team to win the european cup. Hail Hail The Lisbon Lions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cEM-uU58DBQ

and 124 years ago, 28.05.1888 Celtic beat Rangers 5:2 in the first ever
Celtic football game.

Hail Hail!

seanocelt
02-06-2012, 13:04

YOU CAN TAKE US ANYWHERE, WE WONT LET YOU DOWN!

Taken at Tenerife v Badelona game.

timmylish
03-06-2012, 23:31
Just to let you all know but Alan Thompson has " resigned " officially, although I,m led to believe that he has left under a " cloud ". Allegations of boozing (I can certainly confirm that one), perhaps resting his cap on a non-matrimonial pillow (I hear his wife,s best pal! ffs). I was told this about 20.00 but didn,t think it much of a story but now I,m being told he may well be away to join Lambert. If so, a silly pair of bhoys who should have known better and should have consulted MON.

seanocelt
04-06-2012, 01:20
a few reports saying he was fired, NL made the call. Pity but not the worst news.

junglejim
04-06-2012, 02:33
Just to let you all know but Alan Thompson has " resigned " officially, although I,m led to believe that he has left under a " cloud ". Allegations of boozing (I can certainly confirm that one), perhaps resting his cap on a non-matrimonial pillow (I hear his wife,s best pal! ffs). I was told this about 20.00 but didn,t think it much of a story but now I,m being told he may well be away to join Lambert. If so, a silly pair of bhoys who should have known better and should have consulted MON.
Lots of rumours on various boards about reasons - don´t think it will be made public - suggestions of Stevie Clark being drafted in , that would be a good acquisition .
This will help deflect bad news elsewhere in city after Green vs SFA spat yesterday over Glennie´s recommendation to go to Apellate Tribunal.
Good luck to Allan Thomson in whatever he does , he was a serious Hunskelper for us !

Yes AJ I´m not sleeping again!

CaribeCelt
04-06-2012, 10:47
The club statement is saying he refused to meet Lennon in Newcastle...strange.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2691

junglejim
05-06-2012, 11:03
Copied from KDS -supplied by Rocko
Current Champions League qualification picture for Celtic:

3rd Qualifying Round

3rd Qualifying Round is on 31st July/1st August and 7th/8th August.

We will be seeded in that round and the highest seeded teams we could face are:

Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova)
Debrecen (hungary)
Maribor (Slovenia)
Ventspils (Latvia)
Slovan Liberec (Czech)
Slask Wroclaw (Poland)
HJK Helsinki (Finland)
AEL Limassol (Cyprus - APOEL only finished second)
Ekranas (Lithuania)
Zestafoni (Georgia)

If results don't go to seeding then the likes of Shamrock Rovers, Linfield, TNS can all come through to be potential opponents. The wild cards I'd be concerned about though are:

The Israeli league was won by Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona who just won their first league title (and won the double in Israel). They won their league with 5 games to go (beating Hapoel Tel Aviv into second place) so I imagine they're a good team despite having no European pedigree which means they're lowly seeded. Only 2 "upsets" are required to move them into the seeded section in the third qualifying round so there's a reasonable chance that they'll be on Celtic's side of the draw.

I'd be less concerned about Molde but surprised to see them unseeded also. (The top ranked unseeded team is Shamrock Rovers, followed by the Israelis and then Molde). They could be potentially relatively strong opposition but should be manageable anyway.

Playoff Round

If we negotiate our way through that round we then have the play-off round where there are 5 possible opponents. The games will be played on 21st/22nd August and 28th/29th August.

The strongest opponents we could expect (based on seedings) to face are:

Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)
CFR Cluj (Romania)
MSK Zilina (Slovakia)
Partizan (Serbia)
Helsingborg (Sweden)

Obviously any of the unseeded teams above would also be in contention if they were to win against the seeded teams in previous rounds.

The teams we definitely won't play are:

Basel
Anderlecht
BATE Borisov
Red Bull Salzburg

seanocelt
05-06-2012, 11:23
Thanks JJ, banana skin time of year in Aug, half fit players and "up for it" minnows. None of those make for an appealing midweek away trip from Tenerife! Hail Hail.

Angusjim
05-06-2012, 11:30
Thanks JJ, banana skin time of year in Aug, half fit players and "up for it" minnows. None of those make for an appealing midweek away trip from Tenerife! Hail Hail.

Thats it Sean get the excuses in now :lol::wave:

JJ another sleepless night :zzz::tiphat:

junglejim
05-06-2012, 11:49
Thats it Sean get the excuses in now :lol::wave:

JJ another sleepless night :zzz::tiphat:

Hi AJ -I think Sean , like the rest of us is aware of our own shortcomings recently in Qualifiers . At least on this route we have an improved chance of getting through to group stage but we have to prepare better .
I´m not impressed by going to USA to play Real Madrid just after Euros ( although it´s financially driven) - see McGeady´s comments after ROI game.
Players will need rest and recuperation before returning to competitive matches.
As for sleeping - not good , too many power naps after evening meals - I resisted posting at 04:30 ´cuase I knew you´d be monitoring!
It´s been a quiet loooong Jubilee Holiday weekend -perhaps the Media didn´t want to upset the celebrations !

junglejim
07-06-2012, 05:31
Here you go Isle - chance to see the Tic in Deutschland !
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8687047/17/

Isle
07-06-2012, 06:32
Thanks JJ. Yesterday I read that Celtic play in Aalen and Amsterdam.
Didn´t know the Celts play in Stuttgart. Many thanks.

Here´s the link for Aalen: http://www.vfr-aalen.de/startseite.php

Hail Hail!

timmylish
07-06-2012, 23:56
To be fair to the Celtic Board, the pre-season type of games are in the main, close to home. USA being the exception but in other respects, well worth playing this game. No ****ty wee clubs with cricket score expectations under Lennon. Straight into VERY difficult games. He,ll (and we,ll) have a better idea of just what is needed in new personnel.

Shugstar63
08-06-2012, 12:06
Been away....what happened with Thommo ? Always had a lot of time for him !!!

seanocelt
08-06-2012, 12:30
Been away....what happened with Thommo ? Always had a lot of time for him !!!

He's been getting pi*&d , with you, on a bender for a month.

Shugstar63
08-06-2012, 12:49
He's been getting pi*&d , with you, on a bender for a month.

Seano.....not had a drink for over a week, been at a health farm to detox !!!! I'm all refreshed.

CaribeCelt
08-06-2012, 13:12
Celtic v Inter at paradise has also been confirmed.

junglejim
08-06-2012, 13:28
Celtic v Inter at paradise has also been confirmed.
looks like 28th July - I´ll be back in Scotland - should get to it !
Building up a few good games pre- season .
The Cha has left to go to Germany ! Fortuna in the Bundesliga
- a free.

Davie Thistle
08-06-2012, 15:23
.......coff,

wee rumour yer gony fill Firhell!!!

:crylaughing:

junglejim
09-06-2012, 13:55
Norwich coming to Paradise 25th July for a return friendly - it´s their turn for them tohave a good time!

canary boy
10-06-2012, 10:49
Never mind Inter what about us canaries, return leg confirmed for 25th July just booked my flights to Glasgow international need all info on how to get to the crown plaza(how far is the plaza from the ground?) in the city, gonna be great evening hope all that came to carrow road can make it, what pub are we all welcome in as its your turn to get the beers in!

Were expecting a right party so lets hope you can live up to it:c2::c2:

Shugstar63
10-06-2012, 10:51
Probably old news, but not sure if Scottish Hacks are now penning nonsense in Kenya

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/06/kenyan-midfielder-may-be-headed-to.html

Must admit to not having seen much of this lad, but it'll be fantastic business to make a good few million from a player not too long at the club ?

Harmonicaman
10-06-2012, 10:59
Probably old news, but not sure if Scottish Hacks are now penning nonsense in Kenya

http://www.kenyan-post.com/2012/06/kenyan-midfielder-may-be-headed-to.html

Must admit to not having seen much of this lad, but it'll be fantastic business to make a good few million from a player not too long at the club ?

Do you live in Nairobi Shug? Where did you find that paper?!!:crylaughing:

junglejim
10-06-2012, 11:11
Never mind Inter what about us canaries, return leg confirmed for 25th July just booked my flights to Glasgow international need all info on how to get to the crown plaza(how far is the plaza from the ground?) in the city, gonna be great evening hope all that came to carrow road can make it, what pub are we all welcome in as its your turn to get the beers in!

Get yourself joined & logged onto this website to get some contacts and up to date info.
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8687047/21/

The Crown Plaza is down by Riverside at Exhibition Centre - there is a railway station just north (away from river) - you can get a train to Bridgeton Cross and the ground is 10 mins walk away - do NOT go into any pubs at Bridgeton ( Orange/Rangers pubs) -get advice from website or go into town centre (Gallowgate is on way)

http://maps.google.es/maps?q=+CONGRESS+RD.,+Glasgow+G3+8QT,+Scotland+&hl=es&ll=55.848265,-4.21021&spn=0.012191,0.042272&sll=40.396764,-3.713379&sspn=8.465174,21.643066&hnear=Congress+Rd,+Glasgow,+Glasgow+City+G3,+Reino +Unido&t=m&z=15

CaribeCelt
10-06-2012, 13:06

Get a taxi to the Gallowgate...it's a Celtic area full welcoming pubs and make your way to the ground from there with Tim's.
As JJ said,DO NOT go near pubs in Bridgeton.
I am gonna try and get to this...it's 50/50 at the minute,have Tenerife in October and saving for it but if I do go I'll pm you to meet up for a pint.

canary boy
10-06-2012, 14:52
Thanks , I'm coming with my 16 year old so don't really want to stray off the green and white path, Taxi from the airport to the plaza, how much will that cost or is better to get the bus? I get cheap rooms at any holiday inns so if there's one close to the ground even better but would be nice to be near riverside and see some of Glasgow not just the pub.

Would be lovely to see some of you guys, shouldn't think it will cost much to get in

CaribeCelt
10-06-2012, 15:26
Thanks , I'm coming with my 16 year old so don't really want to stray off the green and white path, Taxi from the airport to the plaza, how much will that cost or is better to get the bus? I get cheap rooms at any holiday inns so if there's one close to the ground even better but would be nice to be near riverside and see some of Glasgow not just the pub.

Would be lovely to see some of you guys, shouldn't think it will cost much to get in

There is a Holiday Inn in the city centre and one on the Riverside.
There is a good bus service which I usally use when flying into Glasgow,but I usallly come by boat with a CSC,but I think a taxi would be about £18.
I have checked flights with Aer Lingus and I can get a flight for £83 return...checking Travel Republic for hotels at the minute.

junglejim
10-06-2012, 16:05
Get the 500 bus into Central Station from Airport, then Taxi to hotel .
http://www.glasgowairport.com/transport-and-directions/buses-and-coaches
Just along from Hotel is Riverside Transport Museum-free entry well worth a visist
http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museums/our-museums/riverside-museum/how-to-get-there/Pages/default.aspx
Science Museum is nearby too just across river
http://www.gsc.org.uk/visiting.aspx

You can also do a tour of Celtic Park

http://www.celticfc.net/about_visitorcentre
Your boy at 16 legally can´t get into bar unless he´s having a meal ( no drink) if he´ll pass for 18 he might get in for a beer !
Just remember Glasgow is 5X bigger than Norwich , very busy - have a great time!

canary boy
10-06-2012, 16:26
thanks that's great but bit of a shock that I cant take my boy in the pub!

Celtic fans think its a bit of a joke that Celtic have given us 4000 tickets, emmm maybe we wont sell them but don't be surprised if we do:hello::hello:

junglejim
10-06-2012, 16:46
thanks that's great but bit of a shock that I cant take my boy in the pub!

Celtic fans think its a bit of a joke that Celtic have given us 4000 tickets, emmm maybe we wont sell them but don't be surprised if we do:hello::hello:
I´m just making you aware of the legal position of bars;)-you might get him into a´Tic bar in Gallowgatebut unlikely in Town Centre as they tend to have stewards on door- the other issue is we have Inter Milan on 27th July so attendance may not be as big as we´d like from Celtic Fans.

canary boy
11-06-2012, 10:52
#
honestly cant take you lot anywhere! The sales of NCFC shirts went through the roof that night

CaribeCelt
11-06-2012, 11:55
Did a lot of the travelling Tim's buy a load of shirts CB?

canary boy
11-06-2012, 12:19
Yeah they bought loads, they said it was for there boys and girls , but I have a sneaky suspicion they wanted a memento of a great day and then again they had been drinking at the riverside all day! Made a lot of new friends and lets hope one day we meet in europe:eyebrows::eyebrows:

Shugstar63
12-06-2012, 09:06
Not just the guff Scottish hacks & the Kenyans.....now the Geordies are commenting on your Victor !!!!!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/12/61634-31162164/

junglejim
12-06-2012, 09:36
Not just the guff Scottish hacks & the Kenyans.....now the Geordies are commenting on your Victor !!!!!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/06/12/61634-31162164/
What I find surprising is the media focusing on a couple of Celtic players for sale in the " 8 million pounds or more " zone when there is a barrowload of International players available for virtually free across the City?
No media focus on them - Naisy, Girafferty , Clubfoot ,Davis ..... strange indeed ....another 48 hrs should clarify some things mon petit!

Shugstar63
12-06-2012, 10:01
jj.....I have noticed that too.
Although Victor's age is a major plus......as I said I've not seen too much of him, but seems like he is highly thought of ! That's a Newcastle LOCAL newspaper as well, remember..........
Closing the RFC (2 days from liquidation) a day early to save you lot giving me pelters.....chosen my new side (junior) after much consideration...................don't think my new thread will attract many insults (thankfully.....there are are a couple of ex Celtic players in their history) and more importantly they play in my father's home town and it will only take me 15 minutes to get there.
Que Sera

boredinscotland
12-06-2012, 11:28
Used to come on this thread for a bit a banter wi the other side, the end of the week you boys are gonna give it back to us big style, we gave it so now we must take it,,,I have got Tony from Buckie bar getting me tickets next season at Elgin,lol
3rd Division Newco, TGEF and Murray in Bar-L,,,,,next seasons predictions

junglejim
12-06-2012, 12:04
stay on for the banter ! In my opinion as things stand I don´t think whatever newclub emerges from this mess will be playing anywhere next season for a number of reasons , the next week will crystallise out all the decisions that have been getting kicked into long grass hoping that somebody else would make the decisions .
St Mirren is only a short train ride away and you have Chico or Davie´s beloved Maryhill Magyars at Queens Cross !

boredinscotland
12-06-2012, 12:28
will do JJ, we deserve everything we get, one horse race next few years for sure,, not good for Scottish football

seanocelt
12-06-2012, 12:36
stay on for the banter ! In my opinion as things stand I don´t think whatever newclub emerges from this mess will be playing anywhere next season for a number of reasons , the next week will crystallise out all the decisions that have been getting kicked into long grass hoping that somebody else would make the decisions .
St Mirren is only a short train ride away and you have Chico or Davie´s beloved Maryhill Magyars at Queens Cross !

Come with me and Tony to see CD Tenerife! Great atmosphere and no bigotry. Although they do hate Las Palmas FC.

Shugstar63
14-06-2012, 16:12
Victor loving his time in Paradise.....but wants to play at the top level according to his agent.....the cash for him will help the Hoops assault on the Champions League ?

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/06/agent-confirms-8m-lfc-target-is-open-to.html

:)

junglejim
14-06-2012, 19:27
Oh look a squirrel !
Victor is unlikely to go anywhere this season unless a crazy offer is made - 8 million is getting close !
What did LFC pay for Carroll?

Harmonicaman
14-06-2012, 19:48
Shug! You can come and support the Pars! They'll take anybody just now!:laugh:

Shugstar63
15-06-2012, 09:17
Oh look a squirrel !
Victor is unlikely to go anywhere this season unless a crazy offer is made - 8 million is getting close !
What did LFC pay for Carroll?

jj....maybe not but he wants to.....
Too much !

seanocelt
15-06-2012, 12:38
I have made Victor my man of the match many times this season. Lennon obviously rates him. Another season would do him no harm, but if he wants to go, anything over 5 mil is nice profit. Keep unearthing these gems Neil, we will never need administrators with profits like that from player sales.

Angusjim
16-06-2012, 08:15
Do you think that with the demise of Rangers that the potential lack of old firm games could put off players signing for Celtic as other than a couple of early round games against crap teams in Europe the rest of the season will be the same playing in a farcical league with the new local derby now being against the mighty St Mirren ( that is until the Thistle get back to where they rightly belong ).

junglejim
16-06-2012, 09:04
Morning AJ! With a bit of luck we´ll perhaps get some more grass roots development as clubs see an opportunity to challenge for higher places in SPL wherever Trigger´s Broom FC end up .
CFC (Still here , always have been , always will be -as advert goes ) have their business model which has brought us potential improving players (Izagurre, Mathews,Hooper, Wanyama, Ki, Kayal) which we will sell on eventually not to mention some of the youth squad that are coming through (Forrest, Watt, McGeoch, Twardzik) and obviously a few who don´t make it .
Other players will come because it´s the best wage they can get at the time !
We are an attraction for certain level of player who sees it as an "in " for EPL in a couple of years and as a bonus (as it stands) access to some European exposure that they wouldn´t get elsewhere.
As for a farcical league you only have to look at Donkeyasster and Renegan to see what they have allowed our reputation to become by sitting an their archies - pehaps some of the recently departed supporters will go and support a local team and help improve the Scottish Game (e.g. St Mirren supporters . Motherwell supporters buying their clubs) but I suspect for many it will be a step too far .
It will be an interesting few weeks - any ideas who team "X" will be next season ?

Angusjim
16-06-2012, 09:52
Morning AJ! With a bit of luck we´ll perhaps get some more grass roots development as clubs see an opportunity to challenge for higher places in SPL wherever Trigger´s Broom FC end up .
CFC (Still here , always have been , always will be -as advert goes ) have their business model which has brought us potential improving players (Izagurre, Mathews,Hooper, Wanyama, Ki, Kayal) which we will sell on eventually not to mention some of the youth squad that are coming through (Forrest, Watt, McGeoch, Twardzik) and obviously a few who don´t make it .
Other players will come because it´s the best wage they can get at the time !
We are an attraction for certain level of player who sees it as an "in " for EPL in a couple of years and as a bonus (as it stands) access to some European exposure that they wouldn´t get elsewhere.
As for a farcical league you only have to look at Donkeyasster and Renegan to see what they have allowed our reputation to become by sitting an their archies - pehaps some of the recently departed supporters will go and support a local team and help improve the Scottish Game (e.g. St Mirren supporters . Motherwell supporters buying their clubs) but I suspect for many it will be a step too far .
It will be an interesting few weeks - any ideas who team "X" will be next season ?

I think you may be an attarction at the moment but should the SPL standard slip even further and with potentialy little or no TV exposure I don't see them queing up . Definately the way forward for all Scottish clubs is youth we may have to take a step back but this would in my opinion make the future better & sustainable.

PS did you get a PM from me a couple of days ago ?

junglejim
16-06-2012, 11:16
Yes AJ -I replied - did you get it?
I sent you an email .

Angusjim
16-06-2012, 11:22
Yes AJ -I replied - did you get it?
I sent you an email .

No never received I will PM my E mail address again

junglejim
16-06-2012, 11:38
That´s where I sent it to Jim- sent again

seanocelt
16-06-2012, 11:48
do you think that with the demise of rangers that the potential lack of old firm games could put off players signing for celtic as other than a couple of early round games against crap teams in europe the rest of the season will be the same playing in a farcical league with the new local derby now being against the mighty st mirren ( that is until the thistle get back to where they rightly belong ).

....................................naw!.......... ..............................

timmylish
16-06-2012, 13:49
....................................naw!.......... ..............................

..........................Seconded!

junglejim
21-06-2012, 07:50
Finally the BBC seem to get it !! The table is now correct !
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier

timmylish
21-06-2012, 14:22
Forget the other mob (in whatever guise!) for a moment. Looks like Lurch may be getting what he really wants. Celtic making the right offer and terms and then S'Hampton come along with the same and we end up with Paul Robinson. I would be happier if he left if he is not 100% behind signing for us. Don,t know how many explayers have told him. Grass is not greener etc etc Wee Miller and the likes come to mind.

Isle
21-06-2012, 16:52
Forget the other mob (in whatever guise!) for a moment. Looks like Lurch may be getting what he really wants. Celtic making the right offer and terms and then S'Hampton come along with the same and we end up with Paul Robinson. I would be happier if he left if he is not 100% behind signing for us. Don,t know how many explayers have told him. Grass is not greener etc etc Wee Miller and the likes come to mind.

Paul Robinson is a player who could be a signing for Celtic, right.
I´m struggle to know who´s Lurch?

junglejim
21-06-2012, 19:19
Paul Robinson is a player who could be a signing for Celtic, right.
I´m struggle to know who´s Lurch?Fraser Foster - same eyebrows as Lurch from Addams Family!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaRxUHtJ9I

junglejim
22-06-2012, 14:15
Looks like Victor's going .... nowhere !
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/wan-more-term-at-celts-for-victor.17951505

CaribeCelt
23-06-2012, 00:04
The game against Norwich has been brought forward to tuesday.
Hope your plans aren't ruined CB.

http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2743

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

One of Celtic's greatest servants,Sean Fallon,is going to unfurl the Championship flag at paradise.
Nice gesture and two fingers up at the balloons who said Celtic snubbed him.

canary boy
23-06-2012, 14:32
I don't believe it!!!! what do they think they are doing? Do they think there in Spain moving the game like that? AAAhhhh Right thats it your gonna have to buy me loads of beers to make amends

CaribeCelt
23-06-2012, 20:48
Im sure JJ will make amends,and you wont have to put your hand in your pocket all day.

Shugstar63
25-06-2012, 07:56
Next Game: 21/7/2012 KO: 18:00

Friendly Match
Ajax 18:00 Celtic

Match Centre Bet

Reckon Celtic should wipe the floor with this Dutch outfit !
I remember my wee pal phoning me after finally winning a European match after around 20 attempts.....he attended every one and finally got his reward against them !:jumping:

junglejim
25-06-2012, 08:07
Is this you in the photo link shugs?
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8054574/278/

enjoy the other photoshops as well on that thread!:tiphat::wave:

CaribeCelt
25-06-2012, 10:50
Thats brilliant.

Shugstar63
27-06-2012, 11:22
Nice to see you all still posting on your own Club's thread.

Here's some old news

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=363875

I do have to say I am amazed that your supporters prefer to post nonsense on websites that are dedicated to a football club that no longer exists.

Can I add that the respect I have for some of you Bhoys is waning slowly but surely....my word even JJ is looking forward to a "hun free Scotland" a la TOP sportswriter (although I'm unsure if a few "posts" on The Scotsman online qualifies TL as a journalist, I'll have to check on that ! )and commentator Timmy......

JJ....where in Scotland do you go to ?

Yes I have uttered the phrase FB's....but only to my closest friends, who know that it is merely the B.....ds part that is offensive.

Sort yourselves out lads.....

http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/football/partick-thistle-fc/partick-thistle-news/2012/06/27/102692-23901336/

Davie T'll be chuffed

PS.....JJ I walked away a while ago.:pray:

CaribeCelt
27-06-2012, 13:05
I am sure that the Bhoys here couldn't give six orange sashes in hell what level of respect you hold them in.
But we still love you.

Davie Thistle
27-06-2012, 13:17
http://www.theglaswegian.co.uk/football/partick-thistle-fc/partick-thistle-news/2012/06/27/102692-23901336/

Davie T'll be chuffed

Well chuffed shug!
just hope the weva improves!!

junglejim
27-06-2012, 13:46
Hi Shugs - I lived in Bridgeton for 26 years and Irvine more than 34 years - the way things are developing this week , there will be no hun team playing football in Scotland for the first time in my life ! That they brought it on themselves is even sweeter and their present internecine war shows up their inability to focus on what's important in terms of Scottish Football rather than fighting off a "Timmy" conspiracy .
Davie - looking forward to that New Firm Derby competition , will be home that week and visiting some Maryhill relatives so might take a game in!
Flekinho & Ortiz off their mark....

Shugstar63
27-06-2012, 14:15

Well chuffed shug!
just hope the weva improves!!

I know DavieT it's murder here today.....fed up of it:(

timmylish
30-06-2012, 02:41
According to the Mail, on-line Lurch has finally put pen to paper!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166757/Fraser-Forster-signs-Celtic.html
Oh and as an afterthought. Shug. If you continue to be on here don,t you think that we are entitled to see an apology from you concerning the holding of the Euros in Poland and Ukraine. I think that they have been extremely well run and organised and also very well supported by the locals. Just as well considering the volume of supporters from your adopted country.

Isle
30-06-2012, 12:38
Good to see big Forster finally sign a contract for Celtic.

junglejim
30-06-2012, 12:52
No official confirmation yet , though it's on KDS as done ! Hope so , good keeper for the price !

Whittaker signs for Norwich !! Should make the friendly interesting !

CaribeCelt
30-06-2012, 14:58
According to the Mail, on-line Lurch has finally put pen to paper!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2166757/Fraser-Forster-signs-Celtic.html
Oh and as an afterthought. Shug. If you continue to be on here don,t you think that we are entitled to see an apology from you concerning the holding of the Euros in Poland and Ukraine. I think that they have been extremely well run and organised and also very well supported by the locals. Just as well considering the volume of supporters from your adopted country.

I was one of the doubters as well regarding the Euro's being held there...but it has turned into a great tournament with no trouble apart from a few skirmishes.
Sorry Ukraine /Poland:ashamed:

timmylish
01-07-2012, 01:50
I was one of the doubters as well regarding the Euro's being held there...but it has turned into a great tournament with no trouble apart from a few skirmishes.
Sorry Ukraine /Poland:ashamed:

My interest was personal. Part of Wife,s family are from Ukraine! Anyway. Apology duly accepted, with thanks!

No official confirmation yet , though it's on KDS as done ! Hope so , good keeper for the price !

Whittaker signs for Norwich !! Should make the friendly interesting !

I read somewhere on the RTC Blog to-day that the SFA have bottled giving out International Transfer and have asked Uefa to intervene and make a decision. Again this just shows that Hampden/Park Gdns. don,t wish to upset the now dead huns! Amazin, just incredible!

junglejim
01-07-2012, 05:30
Timmy , the issue of holding back the registrations was commented on on BBC website which appears to be latest PR route for SEVCO/RFC(IL) propaganda - no official comment from SFA (what a surprise !).
All this week we have been getting drip-fed mis-information on BBC regarding Trigger's Broom - BBC are a publicly funded(by licence fee) company who are shamelessly putting out poorly researched guff in support of keeping Trigger's Broom in highest league position possible .

canary boy
01-07-2012, 11:39
Tickets for Norwich on sale tomorrow. £15 not bad really £50 return for the flight , I'm debating , shall I shan't I ?? MMMMM :shy::shy: Plus we might get attacked due the recent free purchase of a certain Mr Whittaker, Mr Mcnully has got some cheek! At least give em something for him , Hes a great acquisition

junglejim
01-07-2012, 13:37
Tickets for Norwich on sale tomorrow. £15 not bad really £50 return for the flight , I'm debating , shall I shan't I ?? MMMMM :shy::shy: Plus we might get attacked due the recent free purchase of a certain Mr Whittaker, Mr Mcnully has got some cheek! At least give em something for him , Hes a great acquisition
I hope he's got a bus pass Canray boy - because he won't be driving down !

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article4404006.ece

canary boy
01-07-2012, 13:48
I hope he's got a bus pass Canray boy - because he won't be driving down !

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article4404006.ece

:titanic::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thats ok Jim we have given him the pool tractor to use,At least some ones gaining out of Rangers misery

junglejim
01-07-2012, 13:51
:titanic::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Thats ok Jim we have given him the pool tractor to use,At least some ones gaining out of Rangers misery
FFS don't give him a microwave - they have bad Karma with them !
http://sport.stv.tv/football/96548-microwave-leaves-kirk-broadfoot-left-with-egg-on-his-face/

PS Whiitaker's a fud - the beginning of the end for RFC(IL) started with him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmpqzHRvPQU

Shugstar63
04-07-2012, 08:02
Everyone must be watching Wimbledon?

"French club Bordeaux have increased their asking price for Celtic target Michael Ciani.

The Hoops had hoped to land the French international defender who still has one-year remaining on his current deal for around £1m but that figure now appears likely to be closer to £2.5m.

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud had earlier stated his club would not be asking for an inflated transfer fee but the subsequent interest caused by that appears to have pushed up the valuation of the 28-year-old centre-back.

Italian club Roma, Spanish outfit Seville and English Premier League side Wigan Athletic are also watching developments over a player who won his only senior international cap more than three years ago."

junglejim
04-07-2012, 08:36
Wimbledon is live you can see and believe what's happening :mexicanwave::tv:
The papers are just filling space and spinning crap as usual ! :knight:

:popcorn:

timmylish
05-07-2012, 02:03
Just as a matter of interest do any Celtic supporters on here actually buy/read the Scottish rags now?

junglejim
05-07-2012, 08:54
Haven't bought a Scottish Newspaper in almost 10 years , read mostly on-line or TV - buy the occasional Spanish newspaper to practice my limited Spanish !
Read Proddy Forsyth and Regan's comments today !
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9376852/Rangers-in-crisis-Stewart-Regan-warns-of-social-unrest-if-Ibrox-fans-have-no-club-to-support-next-season.html

CaribeCelt
05-07-2012, 22:01
Just as a matter of interest do any Celtic supporters on here actually buy/read the Scottish rags now?

Used to get them from my local newsagent but cancelled getting them,as did most Tim's from this neck of the woods.

timmylish
06-07-2012, 00:14
I asked my Dad (now 90 yrs old) the same question because I remember, as a youngster, my Faither always bought the Record because he had believed that this was the only source of information available about Celtic. He eventually saw reason and stopped buying it last winter. No he does not have any form of internet (not for the want of trying) so he now relies on the TV, Radio and the information he gets from the other bhoys on the supporters bus from Edinburgh. He hates the summer with no Celtic fitba!

junglejim
06-07-2012, 19:40
A Celtic game!!
Friendly
FC Augsburg Vs Celtic
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Kick-off TBC
This should help take the pressure off SFL & Trigger's Broom's demise and give the Media something new to spin about- Lennon a game away from a crisis or broken crest perhaps?

Isle
06-07-2012, 20:43
A Celtic game!!
Friendly
FC Augsburg Vs Celtic
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Kick-off TBC
This should help take the pressure off SFL & Trigger's Broom's demise and give the Media something new to spin about- Lennon a game away from a crisis or broken crest perhaps?

I don´t think that this friendly will be very popular in the scottish media.

Isle
07-07-2012, 12:49
Here you go Isle - chance to see the Tic in Deutschland !
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8687047/17/

I´m really not into friendlys at all. There´s just one friendly that would
be interesting for me either in Germany, Scotland or elsewhere in Europe.
That one´s Celtic-Borussia Dortmund.

CaribeCelt
07-07-2012, 21:49
Joe McBride passed away this evening.
R.I.P. Joe..."You'll Never Walk Alone"

junglejim
08-07-2012, 11:46
Sad news if true- loved watching him score goals for fun !

Being reported on web site he is alive but seriously ill?

CaribeCelt
08-07-2012, 12:13
Sad news if true- loved watching him score goals for fun !

Being reported on web site he is alive but seriously ill?

Seen it on the GB website last night JJ
I was only going by what was getting said on there.

Your right JJ....went onto the GB site and now they are saying he is hanging on.
Feckin idiots.

junglejim
09-07-2012, 08:08
Joe still fighting back- all our prayers are with him .
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2012/07/09/family-at-bedside-of-celtic-legend-joe-mcbride-after-ex-star-suffers-stroke-86908-23906254/

junglejim
10-07-2012, 22:59
Friendly against Augsburg result , no-score draw looks like we'll be in Media again tomorrow with cracked crest and Neil Lennon 1 game away from being sacked!
Match Report
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2779

CaribeCelt
10-07-2012, 23:12
Friendly against Augsburg result , no-score draw looks like we'll be in Media again tomorrow with cracked crest and Neil Lennon 1 game away from being sacked!
Match Report
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2779

Not feckin good JJ....LENNON MUST GO!!!:lol::D

seanocelt
11-07-2012, 01:39
Not feckin good JJ....LENNON MUST GO!!!:lol::D

sack the board.

junglejim
11-07-2012, 04:59
Supporter's comments from actual game - KDS
Sohndesbischofs
10 Jul 2012, 10:55 PM

Back from the game, was a very nice crowd, although my seat was shampooe. Entry was 10 Euros, arrived due to traffic jams about 30 mins before kick-off. The already mentioned "Bavarian Hoops" were in good voice and it seems that the good beer, a modest 2,50€ for 0.5 litres, gave them an even better voice the longer the game went. In all, my guess that about 200 Celts were in the ground, a fairly mixed bunch of Scots and Irish, Ex-Pats and German followers of the Hoops.

The game itself in the first half was pish, the defence horrible. The back three hardly worked, the gaps between Blackman and Twardzik resp. Wilson and McGeouch were too huge. After about 20 mins McGeouch and Forrest swaped positions and Celtics game became better. Forrest hardly had a ball in the first 20 mins and McGeouch was only running after some midfielder from Augsburg. We didn't really create any chances in the first half and Augsburg had three or four clear chances, so we were lucky to reach half-time with a 0-0, it was really one-sided, de Jong was the outstanding player for Augsburg.
We started the second half without substitutions, meanwhile Augsburg took off four players, one of them was de Jong and it showed. We strted better, Kayals shot went wide after 2 mins. The player of the second half was, apart from Fraser Forster who also kept Celtic in the game in the first half, Knowledge Musona, who gave our defence some worries. Although we had Daryl Murphys chance, when he hit the outside of the net, we were lucky, that Musona didn't convert any of his many chances. He also set up a few for his team-mates, but somehow we managed to get a draw. The game fizzled out in the 15 mins mainly due to the high amount of substitutions.

Also, we have to keep in mind that Augsburg started their pre-season preparations about two weeks ago and they already have three or four matches under their belt. But we should still think about this back three again...

Will load up some pics tomorrow, but I must warn you, they are hardly Number7 stuff. More Kelvin Wilson.

seanocelt
11-07-2012, 13:00
"You can take him anywhere, he wont let you down". Oor JJ, faithful through and through. Oany sign o Shug there?!

junglejim
11-07-2012, 14:25
"You can take him anywhere, he wont let you down". Oor JJ, faithful through and through. Oany sign o Shug there?!

Nah ! He's lurking on the General Football Banter Thread .

Duff & Phelps latest report - they and the Legal teams are raking it in !
http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/a2/b6/0,,5~177826,00.pdf

Charlie & the Bhoys £5.3m balance still sitting in a client account , he hasn't bought them but is calling all the shots!
:redcard::crylaughing:!WTF?

seanocelt
11-07-2012, 18:30
As my friend keeps saying, "he is only the guy that bought the furniture".

junglejim
11-07-2012, 18:44
New League Reconstruction Proposals - or , "How do we Trigger's Broom Back to Top Quickly? "
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=10179&newsCategoryID=1

junglejim
12-07-2012, 07:33
Sadly Joe McBride passed away last night- 11th July about 21:30, confirmed on several boards. RIP Joe ,condolences to all his family.
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2784

Davie Thistle
12-07-2012, 10:33
RIP
Mr Mcbride.
:(

CaribeCelt
12-07-2012, 10:50
R.I.P. Joe McBride.

seanocelt
12-07-2012, 11:19
Caught his career when he was at Hibs, in his twilight but still banging them in. RIP.

timmylish
12-07-2012, 12:03
RIP Joe.
Great guy much loved by my Father who knew him on a personal basis. Thoughts with his family.

Isle
12-07-2012, 18:01
Joe Mc Bride RIP

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_McBride_%28footballer_born_1938%29

Shugstar63
13-07-2012, 08:11
Joe McBride RIP.
I'm a bit too young to remember him playing for Celtic, though I remember him from the Old Scottish Football cards in his Hibees days.
My Father said he was a great forward in his day, right enough.
PS. No lurking anywhere.....Me & my Dad keeping our powder dry for next season for following his home team, although the only fixture we can find is a home tie in the WSC against Rutherglen....Any websites for Junior fixtures 2012/2013?:redcard:

junglejim
13-07-2012, 08:48
Joe McBride RIP.
I'm a bit too young to remember him playing for Celtic, though I remember him from the Old Scottish Football cards in his Hibees days.
My Father said he was a great forward in his day, right enough.
PS. No lurking anywhere.....Me & my Dad keeping our powder dry for next season for following his home team, although the only fixture we can find is a home tie in the WSC against Rutherglen....Any websites for Junior fixtures 2012/2013?:redcard:

Shug - I was lucky enough to see Joe play , goal machine , unfortunate with his knee injury - RIP
Juniors- this may help -other leagues are on same web site .
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/sjfa/competitions.cfm?page=1761#

Isle
14-07-2012, 13:55
Tomorrows Friendly Stuttgarter Kickers vs Celtic will shown on the german tv sport1, at 18.00 cet, 17.00 gmt.
The german sky sports one show the game too. So it should possible to see
the game online, if You want. Hail Hail!

junglejim
15-07-2012, 19:45
Watched the game - thanks for heads up Isle -very poor performance I thought - defense shaky -Blackman suspect. Murphy up front was anonymous , we will struggle to offload him !
Don't speak much German but I don't know how many times the commentators mentioned RFC(IL), Protestants & Catholics - I think Hinkel was providing some local history !
Hopefully there will be no cracked crest in Daily Rag tomorrow !

Isle
15-07-2012, 21:28
I watch the first 30mins and parts of the second half. I think
Celtic wasn´t good. Kickers deserved the victory. Was a little
interesting, listen to Hinkel and the commentator.

junglejim
15-07-2012, 22:23
Another Colemanism from the entity known as Gordon Smith

"Did Wiggy really say "a club that plays in a 50000 seater stadium shouldn't be in the 3rd Div." whilst standing outside Hampden? :lol:

That man's stupidity knows no bounds!"

CaribeCelt
15-07-2012, 22:33
Watched the game - thanks for heads up Isle -very poor performance I thought - defense shaky -Blackman suspect. Murphy up front was anonymous , we will struggle to offload him !
Don't speak much German but I don't know how many times the commentators mentioned RFC(IL), Protestants & Catholics - I think Hinkel was providing some local history !
Hopefully there will be no cracked crest in Daily Rag tomorrow !

seen a bit on first row sports and I'm nearly sure I heard "Northern Ireland":D

seanocelt
16-07-2012, 03:08
Pre season games= long long time since i saw one that had any bearing, not under Lennon, Strachan, O' Neil at any rate. Seems to me its a time to say to fringe men"show me i was wrong about you". Then, they prove the managers were right and get punted.

JJ; ( top thread correspondent), Gordon Smith ( and Jardine , Brown et al)......the epitome of the raging, blood vessel bursting indignant person, who still thinks "we have been punished". As opposed to the rules being applied. And even now, after all this they still rage. IF a "u turn/re-admission" scenario develops in a few hours, that is the end for me, and im sure all on this thread. Not hatred, just total disbelief at the lack of understanding, and goal post shifting. We are not idiots, if they treat us as such, they will see how we react to such disrespect.

Isle
16-07-2012, 18:46
The friendlys are good for supporters in the country where the game
is to play. Other thing is to test different players (youth, reserve,
long time injuried) which normally no-one would do.
Its a test of fitness and to get fitness for the league start.

junglejim
16-07-2012, 19:08
Don't mind losing friendlies as long as we learn something - think we learned a few things about Blackman and confirmed about Murphy!

seanocelt
16-07-2012, 19:32
I never doubted their value, just think people's expectations can be a bit high.

timmylish
17-07-2012, 01:22
Never watch one and don,t read about them other than on this type of thread.

Davie Thistle
17-07-2012, 13:25
Don't mind losing friendlies as long as we learn something - think we learned a few things about Blackman and confirmed about Murphy!

well I hope you feal the same way when the mighty Jagzz hump youze on the 21st J.J.!!:lol:
you might not know, but there is a wee tourney type thing involving
The Partick Thistle - celtic X1 - everton & some insignificant wee club? called airdrie united!:whistle:

:devil:

junglejim
17-07-2012, 13:36
Hi Davie - I remember you broadcasting it, but we are playing Ajax in Holland that day so I imagine it'll be some of our lesser up and coming stars from U-19 and some fringe players .
Hope you get a good turn out - busy weekend with footie, open golf , F1 on !

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/july_2012/tournament_tickets_on_sale_now

Quote-
"Toshney, Watt, Blackman+Ibrahim have gone home to play in Dev Squad tournament this wknd so some of the late comers will play tonight"

Watch out for Ibrahim - cracking little player in Development Squad !

Isle
18-07-2012, 18:49
Celtic have won the last friendly in Germany yesterday. After 1 nil down
Celtic came back with goals from Hooper and Stokes.
The game was vs VFR Aalen who where in the 2.Bundesliga. Hail Hail!

junglejim
18-07-2012, 19:03
Yes thanks Isle , no TV coverage(Thankfully) - reports say a very poor first half and a dressing down from Lennon made them improve !

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 01:29
Oh my word..... a few days off and I see that this thread has slipped to 4th in the table behind the Everton & Isle's Borussia Dortmund threads!
You must all be spending too much of your energy posting on the the most idiotically named thread in the TF's history.....thanks to In_Comprehensible for that one !

I see Celtic's pre season has finally kicked off in earnest ...... I see you beat some German bloke Alan.....well done.....sure you are all looking forward to 15 in a row !!!:devil:

seanocelt
20-07-2012, 03:13
We are just happy to be alive, solvent and a wee bit lyrical. We do miss you. When are you over here anyway, fitba/rivalry aside like?

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 03:40
We are just happy to be alive, solvent and a wee bit lyrical. We do miss you. When are you over here anyway, fitba/rivalry aside like?

Unfortunately too busy.....it'll be 2013 sometime............the weather here is doing my head in though!
Football takes a back seat to Claudio Reyna's son dying.....tragic.

Were you working tonight?

seanocelt
20-07-2012, 03:44
Aye, im now searching Claudio's name ( 7 year USA resident myself , the guy's a household name outside of the redneck hoods).

junglejim
20-07-2012, 06:24
Hi Shugs , welcome back (again) - yes things are quiet here , just waiting to see our fate in upcoming draw for Champions' League.
Looking forward to a busy couple ofweekends coming up, Inter Milan game, Open Golf, Formula 1,Olympics, a dry day and AJ doing a "Brechin Broonie" and learning the Gaelic for the ALBA Channel- can't see too many Bears buying into that channel - it's far too Scottish!

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 09:10
Hi Shugs , welcome back (again) - yes things are quiet here , just waiting to see our fate in upcoming draw for Champions' League.
Looking forward to a busy couple ofweekends coming up, Inter Milan game, Open Golf, Formula 1,Olympics, a dry day and AJ doing a "Brechin Broonie" and learning the Gaelic for the ALBA Channel- can't see too many Bears buying into that channel - it's far too Scottish!

JJ......never said I was leaving the TF ! Just stopped reading and posting on the p%shy......continuing farce badly named thread :)

Who's playing Inter ? Don't like Golf or F1 ! Olympics ? I'll probably watch the 100 metres and the beach volleyball !

junglejim
20-07-2012, 09:23
Just a hint Shugs - the beach volleyball won't be on a beach - I believe it'll be on HorseGuards' Parade in amongst the Dung!

CaribeCelt
20-07-2012, 09:28
Cant wait for the draw at 11 o'clock.
We should be alright against any of the teams in it...the only thing could be drawing a team that's half way through the season and could be a bit sharper than us...but still none of the teams look great shakes.
Saying that,remember Bratislava?:D

junglejim
20-07-2012, 09:32
I think the Norwegian team Molde is well into their season - just wait and see - Linfield for a laugh ? Soon to be the world's most winning team once Trigger's Broom's titles are removed ?

CaribeCelt
20-07-2012, 09:44
I think the Norwegian team Molde is well into their season - just wait and see - Linfield for a laugh ? Soon to be the world's most winning team once Trigger's Broom's titles are removed ?

It will be some feat if Linfield make it through...they're 3 v 0 down from the first leg.
Some night in Belfast that would have been...not:D

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 10:23

jj.....I wouldn't be too quick to wish away any of Rangers past titles, as I believe your team may end up being targeted by a few irate Killie Fans.....I believe there is a letter sitting in KA1 awaiting the Scottish Football Authorities being free of the distraction of banishing Rangers Spirit Of Govan 2012 to WS Div 2 .....apparently some people say they have evidence (documented) that at least two Celtic players one day in 2003 attempted to fix a match while the game was actually being played ! Shocking I know !

Gordon Marshall Post Match Comments…."There are some Celtic players who I have no sympathy for. I was annoyed and outraged by some of the stuff that went on. I don't know what the Celtic players were hoping for and I will take whatever was said about my performance as a back- handed compliment. I was Kilmarnock's captain and I wanted to keep a clean sheet if possible. I knew I wouldn't get a pat on the back whatever happened during the game but whatever was said about me is water off a duck's back. My emotions still haven't settled down and I don't expect to get back to normal for a few days yet. But I am very disappointed with the attitude shown to me by certain Celtic players."
On Being Jeered at the End…."I wasn't aware of the jeering because I was applauding the Kilmarnock fans as I was leaving them for the last time

http://www.killiefc.com/Season%202002-03/KilmarnockFC/Match%20Reports/030525-CELTIC%20(SPL)/030525-CELTIC%20(SPL).htm

Regarding the dual contract / EBT decision on The Team Formerly known as Rangers FC plc.....do you suppose that the SPL may overlook the fact that Osvaldo Giroldo Júnior had a EBT set up shortly after he left the club ......rules is rules.
I wouldn't worry Division 1 shouldn't be too bad !:)

And if you cannot beat all of the teams on offer in the CL....I'd hang your wee boots up !

Although I'm only Rangers minded now......it's still business as usual ABC !:ashamed:

junglejim
20-07-2012, 10:39
As far as the EBT goes ,tax was paid on the EBT set up after he left the club! - as far as corruption in game goes Shug (playing same record - whatever happened to" Step up and Pay") - only 1 club is being done for it as far as I can see , but good too see you have returned( again) , to walk away (again )!
Anyway soon be time for the draws League Cup( unseeded) for you and Champions League qualifier for us !

CaribeCelt
20-07-2012, 10:41
jj.....I wouldn't be too quick to wish away any of Rangers past titles, as I believe your team may end up being targeted by a few irate Killie Fans.....I believe there is a letter sitting in KA1 awaiting the Scottish Football Authorities being free of the distraction of banishing Rangers Spirit Of Govan 2012 to WS Div 2 .....apparently some people say they have evidence (documented) that at least two Celtic players one day in 2003 attempted to fix a match while the game was actually being played ! Shocking I know !

Gordon Marshall Post Match Comments…."There are some Celtic players who I have no sympathy for. I was annoyed and outraged by some of the stuff that went on. I don't know what the Celtic players were hoping for and I will take whatever was said about my performance as a back- handed compliment. I was Kilmarnock's captain and I wanted to keep a clean sheet if possible. I knew I wouldn't get a pat on the back whatever happened during the game but whatever was said about me is water off a duck's back. My emotions still haven't settled down and I don't expect to get back to normal for a few days yet. But I am very disappointed with the attitude shown to me by certain Celtic players."
On Being Jeered at the End…."I wasn't aware of the jeering because I was applauding the Kilmarnock fans as I was leaving them for the last time

http://www.killiefc.com/Season%202002-03/KilmarnockFC/Match%20Reports/030525-CELTIC%20(SPL)/030525-CELTIC%20(SPL).htm

Regarding the dual contract / EBT decision on The Team Formerly known as Rangers FC plc.....do you suppose that the SPL may overlook the fact that Osvaldo Giroldo Júnior had a EBT set up shortly after he left the club ......rules is rules.
I wouldn't worry Division 1 shouldn't be too bad !:)

And if you cannot beat all of the teams on offer in the CL....I'd hang your wee boots up !

Although I'm only Rangers minded now......it's still business as usual ABC !:ashamed:

I believe Juninho's tax was paid at the end of the year on his EBT...that's the big difference mate.

junglejim
20-07-2012, 10:50
I hope you enjoy your up and coming match against Beith Juniors and their resident Flute Band !
Then the big one against Kelty Hearts - imagine demanding 10% of takings from a Junior Club's Benefit match! Is that to buy some fresh towels as Green wouldn't buy you any?

Draw now coming up live on UEFA.com!

Celtic v Helsinki/KR(Iceland) !
Helsinki are 7:0 up from first tie - so Finland it is then !

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 11:05
I believe Juninho's tax was paid at the end of the year on his EBT...that's the big difference mate.

Not quite Caribe.....if it is the fact that CFC may have not disclosed the EBT payment at the time......if SPL rules are followed, so will punishment of some sort will or rather should follow as your team would have breached SPL rules.
The fact that the tax was paid back in 2008, I think....is immaterial.
jj.....although I am not going to be following New Rangers, although I doubt if they'll ever kick a football.....I am allowed an opinion?....and I'll still support anyone who plays you!!! Always have always will.
Anyway LT are at home to Rutherglen in the Big Cup....thanks for the Junior website info......got a few games to go to !!!:lol:

Get your cash on the Hoops for the title !!! £100 on to win £8

junglejim
20-07-2012, 11:30
See! There you go Shugs "MAY" - Deny, Deflect, Obfuscate - OH look a Squirrel!
There is little doubt Juhninho was given an EBT at his SEVERANCE - Quinn made sure tax was paid and it was declared !
Where's your Broadmoor Bear Bud is he back in seclusion after his outbursts?

Here you go Shugs a chance to see the Big Cup up close !
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2814
You'll be able to see what's left of yours shortly in RAMSDEN'S PAWN SHOP
https://www.ramsdensforcash.co.uk/
Assuming Craigie hasn't already sold it along with the Arsenal Shares and the Loving Cup !

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 12:16
See! There you go Shugs "MAY" - Deny, Deflect, Obfuscate - OH look a Squirrel!
There is little doubt Juhninho was given an EBT at his SEVERANCE - Quinn made sure tax was paid and it was declared !
Where's your Broadmoor Bear Bud is he back in seclusion after his outbursts?

Here you go Shugs a chance to see the Big Cup up close !
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2814
You'll be able to see what's left of yours shortly in RAMSDEN'S PAWN SHOP
https://www.ramsdensforcash.co.uk/
Assuming Craigie hasn't already sold it along with the Arsenal Shares and the Loving Cup !

JJ....the bear guy is not my "bud" I can assure you.
I don't have any time for "supporters" of any side that spout hatred on Football forums.....some of you lot are treading a fine line at times, but benefit of the doubt from me.....since you all like Rife !
Found out the other day from a guy in my local that Mr dmw Whyte is not the only b%llend in the family.
A business associate of ours from years ago bought Mr Whyte Senior's family home......not from him though....from the bank !
Christmas will be coming early I fear............................

JJ ....what part of not following 2012 do you not get???
I'll post ye photos with ma Larky scarf on.....first game I get to...ok?:redcard:

Oh....nearly forgot.....when you start reading the bible?
My missus says it's only daft prods that read it !:whistle:

CaribeCelt
20-07-2012, 12:44
Shug please point out where any of us are walking the fine line of hatred....Hatred of a football club certainly but certainly no sectarian language.
I have NEVER seen any sectarian hatred on here until that header "Broadwood Bear"came on spouting sectarian shi*e.
The word "Hun"and "Tim" to me are o.k. as they are not sectarian..."taigs"and "WATP" certainly are...not that you yourself have come on here using them words.
I would love to see this fine line we are all walking Shug.

junglejim
20-07-2012, 15:07
Shugs , I read quite a lot ! In fact I went to the 2 biggest Proddy Schools in East end of Glasgow - the Original John Street in Bridgeton and Whitehill in Dennistoun where they made us go to Church every Tuesday ( so you skimmed the bible to pass the time!)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=rockcliff+street+glasgow&hl=en&ll=55.858906,-4.216132&spn=0.002812,0.010568&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=6.373544,21.643066&hnear=Rockcliffe+St,+Glasgow,+Glasgow+City+G40,+Un ited+Kingdom&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=55.858958,-4.216497&panoid=NsMncmjTAFFqKXcJFr4mNw&cbp=12,286.06,,0,0

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 15:47
derogatory word for german or protestant.

The clue is in derogatory

Tim was invented by yourselves ? Timalloys is it?
Fenian is not offensive as people formed a brotherhood in the US, I think ........put with B****** the b is offensive.

I don't mind family, friends and workmates calling me a Hun or Orange B*****d
I have never addressed Celtic Fans I don't know in a derogatory manner.
It's called respect....I was brought up that way.....enough dafties around as it is.....Jesus n JJ's found God.

junglejim
20-07-2012, 15:52
Shug - the last time I found God - Henrik was pumping you 6-2 !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV-EN1Ouzv0

Shugstar63
20-07-2012, 16:12
You were lucky that day......btw when you lot going to come up with some funny original patter......? You are all getting repetitive !
I've only just looked at your spat with Big Bear !
JJ....the list of crimes you listed......barring the liquidation I could level all the same crimes at your club.....and make it lots funnier ! But I won't.:)

Who you get in European thing ?
Heard Motherwell got the Greeks

JJ missed the post Helsinki eh? Sounds quite tough to me! You got a parachute to the Europa League ?

Harmonicaman
20-07-2012, 17:27
derogatory word for german or protestant.

The clue is in derogatory

Tim was invented by yourselves ? Timalloys is it?
Fenian is not offensive as people formed a brotherhood in the US, I think ........put with B****** the b is offensive.

I don't mind family, friends and workmates calling me a Hun or Orange B*****d
I have never addressed Celtic Fans I don't know in a derogatory manner.
It's called respect....I was brought up that way.....enough dafties around as it is.....Jesus n JJ's found God.

Tadhg was a male Irish first name, equivalent to the English Timothy or "Tim". That's why the two are now interchangable, though "Taig" has become more sectarian than "Tim".

junglejim
20-07-2012, 17:35
Tadhg was a male Irish first name, equivalent to the English Timothy or "Tim". That's why the two are now interchangable, though "Taig" has become more sectarian than "Tim".

Very informative H , so where does Orange ******* originate from then in this context ?

Harmonicaman
20-07-2012, 17:45
Very informative H , so where does Orange Ba%%%rd originate from then in this context ?

I could hazard a guess...but I won't.:D

junglejim
20-07-2012, 20:33
New Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuzLvBuxxfo&feature=player_embedded

timmylish
20-07-2012, 22:28
Oh you are sooooooo tiresome Shug. You just will not stay under that rock! Since you quote from the Urban Dictionary why not include all the versions of hun. You,ll notice right away no caps are shown for that reference. Anyway, since option one is a reference to a loving person, likely American, and you,ve used no. two I am left with the only remaining reference which is as follows and see that it even caries Judicial explanation viz.-

3. Hun 120 up, 66 down

Term used for a Rangers supporter. First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . ”
I see those Huns were rioting in Manchester, two European finals, two riots. They really are Scotlands Shame!!
Now, again for anyone who might not be familiar with this particular discussion is that Shug has tried to produce damning evidence against either Celtic FC or their fans in matters various. He has told us time and again that he is not really interested because he has walked away from supporting the club previously known as Rangers FC but are now called Servco ....... (I cannot be bothered to look for quite useless information) and further, to whit, with less than 14 days left before the start of the new season I don,t think that they even have an "official" name yet.
Lads, don,t you just love the continued, unabated efforts made by those selfsame huns to cast all Celtic supporters under the Roman Catholic banner when, in fact, supporters, like myself, my Father,and his Father (we are now as far back as 1890) were and have continued to be referred to as members of something called the Church of Scotland. Now why, you may ask, does a reference/s to one,s Religious Faith appear in a football related thread them, may I in turn ask you to seek divine intervention from Shugstar who, it seems to me, has a alarming need to know that ALL Celtic FC supporters HAVE to be of the Roman Catholic Faith. Daft? Without doubt but, daft he seems to be.

CaribeCelt
20-07-2012, 23:14
Oh you are sooooooo tiresome Shug. You just will not stay under that rock! Since you quote from the Urban Dictionary why not include all the versions of hun. You,ll notice right away no caps are shown for that reference. Anyway, since option one is a reference to a loving person, likely American, and you,ve used no. two I am left with the only remaining reference which is as follows and see that it even caries Judicial explanation viz.-

3. Hun 120 up, 66 down

Term used for a Rangers supporter. First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . ”
I see those Huns were rioting in Manchester, two European finals, two riots. They really are Scotlands Shame!!
Now, again for anyone who might not be familiar with this particular discussion is that Shug has tried to produce damning evidence against either Celtic FC or their fans in matters various. He has told us time and again that he is not really interested because he has walked away from supporting the club previously known as Rangers FC but are now called Servco ....... (I cannot be bothered to look for quite useless information) and further, to whit, with less than 14 days left before the start of the new season I don,t think that they even have an "official" name yet.
Lads, don,t you just love the continued, unabated efforts made by those selfsame huns to cast all Celtic supporters under the Roman Catholic banner when, in fact, supporters, like myself, my Father,and his Father (we are now as far back as 1890) were and have continued to be referred to as members of something called the Church of Scotland. Now why, you may ask, does a reference/s to one,s Religious Faith appear in a football related thread them, may I in turn ask you to seek divine intervention from Shugstar who, it seems to me, has a alarming need to know that ALL Celtic FC supporters HAVE to be of the Roman Catholic Faith. Daft? Without doubt but, daft he seems to be.

Well said Timmylish...your Church of Scotland and I'm Atheist,Our club is people of all faiths and none,although bigots might not believe that a Celtic supporting Irishman is not a Roman Catholic.

Also I'm nearly sure I read in Billy McNeill's autobiography,or was it Tam Gemmell's, that the Tic players were refered to as Huns back in the late 50s and 60s...if true that blows the sectarian connotation myth out of the water.
JJ do you remember being called a Hun around that time??:D

junglejim
20-07-2012, 23:49
No I was called John actually!

seanocelt
21-07-2012, 02:04
Big bad John! Our priest said i had the look of the protestent about me. Right up to the point where i s***"£ his c&*k. Was all grand after that. Keep the faith. (you can keep it all right).

Shugstar63
21-07-2012, 03:32

3. Hun 120 up, 66 down

Timmy....I really love it when you pop up from the parapets to defend your side.....

You are certainly are the archetypal supporter of Celtic Football Club......which is why you are the easiest to read, the easiest to wind up and certainly the easiest to dismiss.

Luckily for you....you are slightly mob handed on here, so rest assured your close friends at the broad church that is Celtic will back you up when you take time to comment.

Lets be clear on this, shall we.
Now I believe this is an open discussion forum and as a result we are all therefore allowed to voice our opinions and our thoughts.

I am a little unsure as to the contents of The Spanish Constitution, but as I am resident in the UK. the last time I looked I am sure I am following guidelines laid out in that particular document.

"Oh you are sooooooo tiresome Shug. You just will not stay under that rock!"

Sorry Timmy you have unfortunately summed up exactly what you are.
A bitter & twisted old man, who unfortunately strains at every sinew, when someone dares to make comments that you yourself do not personally agree with....I'm not sure what you would be called in any of the online dictionaries, but frankly I cannot be bothered looking.

Luckily I have family and friends who take life a little less seriously than a few on this thread and we all have the ability to laugh at our own particular football teams , varying religions and many weaknesses.

Now, I questioned JJ as to when you lot were going to develop a sense of humour, but I fear that is as far away as R@ngers Spirit Of Govan 2012 unfurling the league SPL flag on a sunny day in the next decade.

"They really are Scotlands Shame!!"

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy....repetition repetition repetition.
You should be old and wise enough to know that this is the talk of uneducated headcases who pollute cyberspace on "supposed" Football Forums.

"Now, again for anyone who might not be familiar with this particular discussion is that Shug has tried to produce damning evidence against either Celtic FC or their fans in matters various."

Sorry Timmy, but that is my prerogative....and if I am being brutally frank it is not really that hard to do is it ?

As I have previously stated I see the truth for what it is you choose to ignore or deny it.

There would be no point on me coming on here and listing the ills of Rangers FC..god I used to have to put up with people I had little or no time for.....but that's what happens in all walks of life.

Although as stated I shall not be following R@ngers Spirit of Govan 2012 or Sevco 5088 Ltd, although I know people who will (if they ever kick a ball in earnest)....but each and every one of us makes our own choices in life.....that's what makes us all different.
Friends of mine who have followed Rangers all their lives have stated that they and people like them are Rangers, not a holding company.I do not really have an argument for that one really so I respect their views and their choices.
The fact that former custodians of a once great club have broken the timeline by embarking on a campaign destined to destroy the very club they were supposed to be looking after hurts these people far much more than it does me.
I am sure the culpable will pay for their sins eventually.
I'll leave any further discussion aside as there are still questions to be answered.

I am however perfectly entitled to comment on your club as you are quick to on the club I used to follow.

In my opinion....Celtic FC and their followers have developed a siege mentality that is now bordering on the obsessive, whereby ever little comment becomes a massive plot to derail their great club.
That is of course nonsense.
I am merely pointing out that your club has been guilty of certain illegalities. Face up to it....they all happened...deal with it, brush yourself down and get on with it.

"Lads, don,t you just love the continued, unabated efforts made by those selfsame huns to cast all Celtic supporters under the Roman Catholic banner when, in fact, supporters, like myself, my Father,and his Father (we are now as far back as 1890) were and have continued to be referred to as members of something called the Church of Scotland. Now why, you may ask, does a reference/s to one,s Religious Faith appear in a football related thread them, may I in turn ask you to seek divine intervention from Shugstar who, it seems to me, has a alarming need to know that ALL Celtic FC supporters HAVE to be of the Roman Catholic Faith."

Think you are looking for some reassurance from your Celtic minded friends on this point Timmy. don't you?
You are reading into something I have written and seeing what you wish to see.
My references to religion are purely to point out that depending on the manner they are delivered and by whom these "derogatory" insults come from determine how each and every one of us reacts to them.

As I've said my best friend's wife calls him Spacehopper, as in her words "He's a wee fat Orange B******"
Now that's funny.
Some guy he didn't know shouting it across the street would be an entirely different matter.

For goodness sake....your last comment is ludicrous in the extreme.
My close friend from school is a season book holder at the Doom Dome....I'm always asking where he went wrong.
Another friend in Paisley was brought up in a Roman Catholic family yet used to sing The Sash My Father Wore at Ibrox Park (although he may be a little less vocal at the minute.)
I believe he is allowed to sing that one though.

On the Churches issue.....I'll leave that for the "Is Church boring and why do I have to go there Mum thread"

In conclusion.....lighten up.....it's banter.....if you cannot deal with it ......don't read it.

Sorry Timmy soooooo tiresome ? What age are you ? 12?

Ps Come on the Helsinki !!!

Shugstar Spirit of Larky 2012

Oh.....forgot to say neither myself or any of my friends rioted or urinated in the street in either Barcelona or Manchester, but I heard the other 149,980 did : )

Big bad John! Our priest said i had the look of the protestent about me. Right up to the point where i s***"£ his c&*k. Was all grand after that. Keep the faith. (you can keep it all right).

Seano I wouldn't worry......I take great pleasure in reminding my wife's family that I converted their local parish priest at the do after one of my nieces wedding!
He now prefers to be called Mister, got a lady friend and I believe he sings "Every Other Saturday" at family parties.
One up for us :)

Caribe...please do not encourage Timmy....he may go over the edge.
Next time I'm in Tenerife, I'll buy him a pint.....I will however slip a couple of mogadon in it....calm him down a bit....he's always shouting & angry;)

Angusjim
21-07-2012, 08:13
Timmy....I really love it when you pop up from the parapets to defend your side.....

You are certainly are the archetypal supporter of Celtic Football Club......which is why you are the easiest to read, the easiest to wind up and certainly the easiest to dismiss.

Luckily for you....you are slightly mob handed on here, so rest assured your close friends at the broad church that is Celtic will back you up when you take time to comment.

Lets be clear on this, shall we.
Now I believe this is an open discussion forum and as a result we are all therefore allowed to voice our opinions and our thoughts.

I am a little unsure as to the contents of The Spanish Constitution, but as I am resident in the UK. the last time I looked I am sure I am following guidelines laid out in that particular document.

"Oh you are sooooooo tiresome Shug. You just will not stay under that rock!"

Sorry Timmy you have unfortunately summed up exactly what you are.
A bitter & twisted old man, who unfortunately strains at every sinew, when someone dares to make comments that you yourself do not personally agree with....I'm not sure what you would be called in any of the online dictionaries, but frankly I cannot be bothered looking.

Luckily I have family and friends who take life a little less seriously than a few on this thread and we all have the ability to laugh at our own particular football teams , varying religions and many weaknesses.

Now, I questioned JJ as to when you lot were going to develop a sense of humour, but I fear that is as far away as R@ngers Spirit Of Govan 2012 unfurling the league SPL flag on a sunny day in the next decade.

"They really are Scotlands Shame!!"

Timmy, Timmy, Timmy....repetition repetition repetition.
You should be old and wise enough to know that this is the talk of uneducated headcases who pollute cyberspace on "supposed" Football Forums.

"Now, again for anyone who might not be familiar with this particular discussion is that Shug has tried to produce damning evidence against either Celtic FC or their fans in matters various."

Sorry Timmy, but that is my prerogative....and if I am being brutally frank it is not really that hard to do is it ?

As I have previously stated I see the truth for what it is you choose to ignore or deny it.

There would be no point on me coming on here and listing the ills of Rangers FC..god I used to have to put up with people I had little or no time for.....but that's what happens in all walks of life.

Although as stated I shall not be following R@ngers Spirit of Govan 2012 or Sevco 5088 Ltd, although I know people who will (if they ever kick a ball in earnest)....but each and every one of us makes our own choices in life.....that's what makes us all different.
Friends of mine who have followed Rangers all their lives have stated that they and people like them are Rangers, not a holding company.I do not really have an argument for that one really so I respect their views and their choices.
The fact that former custodians of a once great club have broken the timeline by embarking on a campaign destined to destroy the very club they were supposed to be looking after hurts these people far much more than it does me.
I am sure the culpable will pay for their sins eventually.
I'll leave any further discussion aside as there are still questions to be answered.

I am however perfectly entitled to comment on your club as you are quick to on the club I used to follow.

In my opinion....Celtic FC and their followers have developed a siege mentality that is now bordering on the obsessive, whereby ever little comment becomes a massive plot to derail their great club.
That is of course nonsense.
I am merely pointing out that your club has been guilty of certain illegalities. Face up to it....they all happened...deal with it, brush yourself down and get on with it.

"Lads, don,t you just love the continued, unabated efforts made by those selfsame huns to cast all Celtic supporters under the Roman Catholic banner when, in fact, supporters, like myself, my Father,and his Father (we are now as far back as 1890) were and have continued to be referred to as members of something called the Church of Scotland. Now why, you may ask, does a reference/s to one,s Religious Faith appear in a football related thread them, may I in turn ask you to seek divine intervention from Shugstar who, it seems to me, has a alarming need to know that ALL Celtic FC supporters HAVE to be of the Roman Catholic Faith."

Think you are looking for some reassurance from your Celtic minded friends on this point Timmy. don't you?
You are reading into something I have written and seeing what you wish to see.
My references to religion are purely to point out that depending on the manner they are delivered and by whom these "derogatory" insults come from determine how each and every one of us reacts to them.

As I've said my best friend's wife calls him Spacehopper, as in her words "He's a wee fat Orange B******"
Now that's funny.
Some guy he didn't know shouting it across the street would be an entirely different matter.

For goodness sake....your last comment is ludicrous in the extreme.
My close friend from school is a season book holder at the Doom Dome....I'm always asking where he went wrong.
Another friend in Paisley was brought up in a Roman Catholic family yet used to sing The Sash My Father Wore at Ibrox Park (although he may be a little less vocal at the minute.)
I believe he is allowed to sing that one though.

On the Churches issue.....I'll leave that for the "Is Church boring and why do I have to go there Mum thread"

In conclusion.....lighten up.....it's banter.....if you cannot deal with it ......don't read it.

Sorry Timmy soooooo tiresome ? What age are you ? 12?

Ps Come on the Helsinki !!!

Shugstar Spirit of Larky 2012

Oh.....forgot to say neither myself or any of my friends rioted or urinated in the street in either Barcelona or Manchester, but I heard the other 149,980 did : )

Seano I wouldn't worry......I take great pleasure in reminding my wife's family that I converted their local parish priest at the do after one of my nieces wedding!
He now prefers to be called Mister, got a lady friend and I believe he sings "Every Other Saturday" at family parties.
One up for us :)

Caribe...please do not encourage Timmy....he may go over the edge.
Next time I'm in Tenerife, I'll buy him a pint.....I will however slip a couple of mogadon in it....calm him down a bit....he's always shouting & angry;)

JJ he's now posting earlier and longer than you, think that is a challenge go on give him a five thousand word volly at 3.30am :wave:

Harmonicaman
21-07-2012, 08:21
"Spacehopper"! Nice one Shug...now that is funny!

junglejim
21-07-2012, 09:02
Sorry Shug you'll have to do better than that - please by all means bring up our illegal actions as a club - not FF/Vanguard Bear/RST myths but show us the evidence - don't comeback and quote turnstile **** unless you can provide evidence of disclosure, conviction and culpability otherwise you are re-enforcing the wide held belief that you are nothing but a Troll , and not a very good one !
You've done as much walking away from this site as the hordes who ransacked Manchester and beyond but couldn't make an effort to save their beloved team yet turn up in their Thousands for the Sectarian Orange Walks in their McEwan 5 star tops and Tattoos - I would love to watch them "Stars"being blow-torched off !
You and your type's lowest form of argument always comes down to Taig conspiracies and Paedophilia - god you even slag one of your own Grandmaster Suck (Dingwall) as "The confirmed Batchelor" and suggest most of his income never sees the inside of any RFF or support for the team (or Tax/Vatman)- not to mention his famous self supporting Discos in the "Wee Club"- is he still drawing SS ?
Some comments on your team from respected journalists and others - hope this is long enough for you AJ - it wouldn't let me post any more!
Quotes
"This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist."
Ian Archer (journalist, 1970s), for full article see: link

"The incessant bigoted chanting by Rangers fans at Hampden was shocking. Unarguably the most socially-backward fans in British football. The really damaging thing for RFC is, it’s not the mythical ‘small minority’. There appear to be 1000s upon 1000s singing these songs."
Graham Spiers (Journalist) on his Twitter feed commenting on the Huns in their league cup final appearance (March 2011) (match)

COMEDIAN Andy Cameron was barracked by fellow Rangers' shareholders yesterday when he asked the club's chairman Mr John Paton to "come out and be honest" about the board's policy towards Roman Catholics. Mr Cameron, whose earlier remarks about the calibre of the Rangers' team had drawn laughs and cheers from the floor of the club's annual meeting, was heckled and told to sit down. Minutes later, a number of shareholders milled round Mr Cameron and exchanged angry remarks with him.
The Herald (Oct 2010); the above happened in 1985

"There's nothing worse than sitting in the dressing room at Celtic Park after a defeat, not a word being said, listening to them going mental next door."
Ally McCoist (ex-Rangers striker)

"Rangers like the big strong powerful fellows, with a bit of strength and solidity in the tackle, rather than the frivolous, quick moving stylists like Jimmy Johnstone, small, tiptoe-through-the-tulips type of players who excite people."
Willie Waddell, Rangers manager 1972

Brian Clough: "What team did you say you support again?"
Man in the studio audience: "RANGERS!"
Brian Clough: "That's not a football team! That's a gang of villains."
The irrepressible Brian Clough on "Sport in Question"

"In every hick town in Caledonia across the pseudo nation, you can see the most ****** up scum who were shat into creation, where a blue McEwans' lager top equals NO imagination!
"Think you're a success?
"Your psyche's a mess!
"Your economy is in distress, you're HUN-believable!!!"
Irvine Welsh, the irrepressible novelist on his opinion about Rangers fans (1996)

'It's not that they weren't penalties - it's just that they're the kind of penalties nobody else gets!'
Not the View fanzine in 2003 after Rangers were awarded three penalties in their 2-2 draw with Dundee in May 2003

"I'd just come from Italy and France which are catholic countries,very warm and friendly,and here I was in Glasgow with some of my team-mates [i.e. fellow Rangers players] hating catholics. I just couldn't understand it and frankly found it ridiculous."
Ray Wilkins on an ESPN documentary said about Rangers (June 2007)

Walter Smith, a two-time former manager of the club and now manager of Scotland, once said to me: “There is a Protestant superiority syndrome around this club . . . you can feel it.”
Graham Spiers quoting Walter Smith (taken from his book on Paul Le Guen's time at Rangers, 2007)

"When I came here in 1964, we had no Catholics," he said. "Not just the playing staff, anywhere. There was no bit of paper, it was an unwritten rule. David Murray changed that and it moved on significantly in 1989 when Maurice Johnston signed. You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road."
Sandy Jardine

It was not until the 1960’s that the burning issue of sectarianism reared its ugly head at Ibrox. A former player, Ralph Brand, made the sectarian policy at Rangers public knowledge and around this time the behaviour of Rangers fans was a real problem for the club. In 1963, Rangers fans jeered during the minute’s silence for assassinated Catholic U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Then, in 1967, then vice Chairman Matt Taylor was questioned about Rangers no Catholics policy and he stated that he felt that they policy was “part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.”
Vice-Chairman Matt Taylor of Rangers from 1960s

To the Rangers fans: "Stay and vomit in your own home, urinate in the corner of your own sitting room, fight with your own neighbours Celtic (who deserve a medal for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow. Don't come back to Barcelona, you're an embarrassment. And while we're at it, don't play in the Champions League. You're not up to scratch, either on a sporting or human level.
There are noisy supports who, even though they drink large quantities of beer, make friends. Not you lot, because you turn everywhere you go into dumps. You are undesirables."
El Mundo Deportivo Newspaper on Rangers after the Rangers game v Barcelona in the Nou Camp (Nov 07)
Full Article: "Don't come back to Barcelona" (Nov 07)

'Terry Butcher had little idea of the sectarian divide he was stepping into when he arrived at Rangers in the summer of 1986 in a £750,000 deal.But he had been given an inkling as a young pro when he blessed himself before a match and fell foul of senior team-mate Allan Hunter, a Northern Ireland international Butcher said: "I recall one incident at Ipswich before a reserve game when I crossed myself, something I'd seen Alan Brazil do. "Big Allan Hunter was sitting in the stand and after the game he grabbed me and asked me if I was a Catholic. I told him I wasn't. I was an English Protestant. Why, then, he asked, did I cross myself? "I told him it was for luck but he told me to remember I was a Protestant and warned me never to do it again - if I did, he would really sort me out. '
Based on Terry Butcher's book, surprising Ally Hunter would later have Celtic down for his testimonial (in 1981)

"The people in that CCTV footage acted like a pack of wolves. Whatever happened earlier there was no excuse for this level of violence. "
Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran, the match commander during Rangers' shame in the UEFA Cup Final "Battle of Piccadilly" in Manchester (see link)

"Celtc : Bohemian, Underprivileged.
Rangers : Dour, Establishment."
FourFourTwo magazine describing the two clubs

Lionel Messi, the Barcelona striker, accused the Scottish side of indulging in "anti-football" when the same goalless Ibrox scoreline was achieved against his own team in the Champions League. Now Mutu has expressed his own distaste.
"I've never seen a team play like that at home before, but that is their game, their tactic, and what they believe in," he said. "I thought maybe they would want to make more of a spectacle for the fans. For me, it was an ugly game. They were defending all the time and I just hope we see a bit more attacking, some spectacular"
Mutu (Fiorentina) on Rangers just before 2nd leg game in UEFA cup v Huns (Apr 08)

"Friendly against Rangers , no such thing they'll be on the rampage they are hooligans!"
"The Likely Lads" (English TV show, 1970s)

"Rangers are a big club but unfortunately they are behaving like a little one."
Steve Lomas (St Johnstone Manager, self-admitted Rangers fan as a kid, Jan 2012)

Angusjim
21-07-2012, 09:50
Sorry Shug you'll have to do better than that - please by all means bring up our illegal actions as a club - not FF/Vanguard Bear/RST myths but show us the evidence - don't comeback and quote turnstile **** unless you can provide evidence of disclosure, conviction and culpability otherwise you are re-enforcing the wide held belief that you are nothing but a Troll , and not a very good one !
You've done as much walking away from this site as the hordes who ransacked Manchester and beyond but couldn't make an effort to save their beloved team yet turn up in their Thousands for the Sectarian Orange Walks in their McEwan 5 star tops and Tattoos - I would love to watch them "Stars"being blow-torched off !
You and your type's lowest form of argument always comes down to Taig conspiracies and Paedophilia - god you even slag one of your own Grandmaster Suck (Dingwall) as "The confirmed Batchelor" and suggest most of his income never sees the inside of any RFF or support for the team (or Tax/Vatman)- not to mention his famous self supporting Discos in the "Wee Club"- is he still drawing SS ?
Some comments on your team from respected journalists and others - hope this is long enough for you AJ - it wouldn't let me post any more!
Quotes
"This has to be said about Rangers, as a Scottish Football club they are a permanent embarrassment and an occasional disgrace. This country would be a better place if Rangers did not exist."
Ian Archer (journalist, 1970s), for full article see: link

"The incessant bigoted chanting by Rangers fans at Hampden was shocking. Unarguably the most socially-backward fans in British football. The really damaging thing for RFC is, it’s not the mythical ‘small minority’. There appear to be 1000s upon 1000s singing these songs."
Graham Spiers (Journalist) on his Twitter feed commenting on the Huns in their league cup final appearance (March 2011) (match)

COMEDIAN Andy Cameron was barracked by fellow Rangers' shareholders yesterday when he asked the club's chairman Mr John Paton to "come out and be honest" about the board's policy towards Roman Catholics. Mr Cameron, whose earlier remarks about the calibre of the Rangers' team had drawn laughs and cheers from the floor of the club's annual meeting, was heckled and told to sit down. Minutes later, a number of shareholders milled round Mr Cameron and exchanged angry remarks with him.
The Herald (Oct 2010); the above happened in 1985

"There's nothing worse than sitting in the dressing room at Celtic Park after a defeat, not a word being said, listening to them going mental next door."
Ally McCoist (ex-Rangers striker)

"Rangers like the big strong powerful fellows, with a bit of strength and solidity in the tackle, rather than the frivolous, quick moving stylists like Jimmy Johnstone, small, tiptoe-through-the-tulips type of players who excite people."
Willie Waddell, Rangers manager 1972

Brian Clough: "What team did you say you support again?"
Man in the studio audience: "RANGERS!"
Brian Clough: "That's not a football team! That's a gang of villains."
The irrepressible Brian Clough on "Sport in Question"

"In every hick town in Caledonia across the pseudo nation, you can see the most ****** up scum who were shat into creation, where a blue McEwans' lager top equals NO imagination!
"Think you're a success?
"Your psyche's a mess!
"Your economy is in distress, you're HUN-believable!!!"
Irvine Welsh, the irrepressible novelist on his opinion about Rangers fans (1996)

'It's not that they weren't penalties - it's just that they're the kind of penalties nobody else gets!'
Not the View fanzine in 2003 after Rangers were awarded three penalties in their 2-2 draw with Dundee in May 2003

"I'd just come from Italy and France which are catholic countries,very warm and friendly,and here I was in Glasgow with some of my team-mates [i.e. fellow Rangers players] hating catholics. I just couldn't understand it and frankly found it ridiculous."
Ray Wilkins on an ESPN documentary said about Rangers (June 2007)

Walter Smith, a two-time former manager of the club and now manager of Scotland, once said to me: “There is a Protestant superiority syndrome around this club . . . you can feel it.”
Graham Spiers quoting Walter Smith (taken from his book on Paul Le Guen's time at Rangers, 2007)

"When I came here in 1964, we had no Catholics," he said. "Not just the playing staff, anywhere. There was no bit of paper, it was an unwritten rule. David Murray changed that and it moved on significantly in 1989 when Maurice Johnston signed. You cannot clear up 80 years of sectarianism in eight months, but we are a huge way down the road."
Sandy Jardine

It was not until the 1960’s that the burning issue of sectarianism reared its ugly head at Ibrox. A former player, Ralph Brand, made the sectarian policy at Rangers public knowledge and around this time the behaviour of Rangers fans was a real problem for the club. In 1963, Rangers fans jeered during the minute’s silence for assassinated Catholic U.S. President John F. Kennedy. Then, in 1967, then vice Chairman Matt Taylor was questioned about Rangers no Catholics policy and he stated that he felt that they policy was “part of our tradition....we were formed in 1873 as a Protestant boys club. To change now would lose us considerable support.”
Vice-Chairman Matt Taylor of Rangers from 1960s

To the Rangers fans: "Stay and vomit in your own home, urinate in the corner of your own sitting room, fight with your own neighbours Celtic (who deserve a medal for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow. Don't come back to Barcelona, you're an embarrassment. And while we're at it, don't play in the Champions League. You're not up to scratch, either on a sporting or human level.
There are noisy supports who, even though they drink large quantities of beer, make friends. Not you lot, because you turn everywhere you go into dumps. You are undesirables."
El Mundo Deportivo Newspaper on Rangers after the Rangers game v Barcelona in the Nou Camp (Nov 07)
Full Article: "Don't come back to Barcelona" (Nov 07)

'Terry Butcher had little idea of the sectarian divide he was stepping into when he arrived at Rangers in the summer of 1986 in a £750,000 deal.But he had been given an inkling as a young pro when he blessed himself before a match and fell foul of senior team-mate Allan Hunter, a Northern Ireland international Butcher said: "I recall one incident at Ipswich before a reserve game when I crossed myself, something I'd seen Alan Brazil do. "Big Allan Hunter was sitting in the stand and after the game he grabbed me and asked me if I was a Catholic. I told him I wasn't. I was an English Protestant. Why, then, he asked, did I cross myself? "I told him it was for luck but he told me to remember I was a Protestant and warned me never to do it again - if I did, he would really sort me out. '
Based on Terry Butcher's book, surprising Ally Hunter would later have Celtic down for his testimonial (in 1981)

"The people in that CCTV footage acted like a pack of wolves. Whatever happened earlier there was no excuse for this level of violence. "
Assistant Chief Constable Justine Curran, the match commander during Rangers' shame in the UEFA Cup Final "Battle of Piccadilly" in Manchester (see link)

"Celtc : Bohemian, Underprivileged.
Rangers : Dour, Establishment."
FourFourTwo magazine describing the two clubs

Lionel Messi, the Barcelona striker, accused the Scottish side of indulging in "anti-football" when the same goalless Ibrox scoreline was achieved against his own team in the Champions League. Now Mutu has expressed his own distaste.
"I've never seen a team play like that at home before, but that is their game, their tactic, and what they believe in," he said. "I thought maybe they would want to make more of a spectacle for the fans. For me, it was an ugly game. They were defending all the time and I just hope we see a bit more attacking, some spectacular"
Mutu (Fiorentina) on Rangers just before 2nd leg game in UEFA cup v Huns (Apr 08)

"Friendly against Rangers , no such thing they'll be on the rampage they are hooligans!"
"The Likely Lads" (English TV show, 1970s)

"Rangers are a big club but unfortunately they are behaving like a little one."
Steve Lomas (St Johnstone Manager, self-admitted Rangers fan as a kid, Jan 2012)

8/10 could have put a bit more effort into this by expanding on a few points and posted far too late in the day to be taken seriously but all in all a good effort

junglejim
21-07-2012, 11:54
It won't allow any more words!
Busy today , preparing nice succulent Leg of Lamb for family dinner and a Marks and Spencer Xmas Pud !
No Jelly & Ice Cream today - just some Eton Mess (to be renamed Ibrox Mess if I can find some Blueberries that are not too bitter!):yum::yum::yum:

seanocelt
21-07-2012, 14:22
Been saving that up since Feb JJ eh?.

junglejim
21-07-2012, 14:51
No that was the spontaneous menu for today's family get together , rather than Sunday (Daughter busy)
I want to watch Ajax - Celtic game at 6 tonight , so all prep done early! Available on several streams and CelticTV.
Davie Thistle will be in raptures , his team beating the Celtic Development team (full of promising players!) 2:0 today.
http://www.celticfc.net/newsstory?item=2821

canary boy
21-07-2012, 21:24
Oh my Lets hope you play that well against the canaries on Tuesday:ashamed::ashamed:

seanocelt
22-07-2012, 00:27
Beaten twice in one day, by the Jags 2-0 and Ajax 4-0. That a record?? Sack the board, cracked crest etc...............dinnae care about any of that, dinnae care about scorelines in friendlies.

BUT; 3 at the back a la Martin O Neil only works with 3 good defenders, hope Lenny disnae try that against Helsinki. An all out full frontal attack at home , thats what we need , 3 to 4 goal cushion, high balls may not work, get Izzy and Forrest in behind them. And 4 at the back , unless we are breaking at speed (Mathews, Izzy, Mulgrew, Rogne). Not saying i know better than Neil, just scared of a 3 man backline and an embarrasing early exit.

Angusjim
22-07-2012, 07:23
Beaten twice in one day, by the Jags 2-0 and Ajax 4-0. That a record?? Sack the board, cracked crest etc...............dinnae care about any of that, dinnae care about scorelines in friendlies.

BUT; 3 at the back a la Martin O Neil only works with 3 good defenders, hope Lenny disnae try that against Helsinki. An all out full frontal attack at home , thats what we need , 3 to 4 goal cushion, high balls may not work, get Izzy and Forrest in behind them. And 4 at the back , unless we are breaking at speed (Mathews, Izzy, Mulgrew, Rogne). Not saying i know better than Neil, just scared of a 3 man backline and an embarrasing early exit.

Think positive it can only get better at least you don't have difficult away tie coming up at Glebe Park:tongue:

Think positive it can only get better at least you don't have difficult away tie coming up at Glebe Park:tongue:

Wakey wakey JJ waiting on your match report from last night :wave:

CaribeCelt
22-07-2012, 10:07

Didn't see the game as I was at work but a mate who watched it sais they were poor...I know it's only a friendly.
What you said above about the 3 at the back is spot on...did Strachan not tinker with the back 4 against Bratislava that night?

junglejim
22-07-2012, 15:44
Sorry AJ - didn't realise you were waiting on my inner thoughts!
Outclassed by younger , fitter team- don't think we''l be doing a 3 at back until we get at least 1 decent centre back in place.
Not at the races yesterday and we'll hopefully learn befor we start playing competitive games - Canary Boy's Norwich coming up , then Inter Milan before Helsinki !
Broken Crest coming up on horizon - total distraction from Big Story - Ally runs Scottish Football 'cause he's a Master Mason !- "Alistair McCoist was initiated into Lodge Thorntree 512 in Thornliebank, Glasgow in 1984"

canary boy
22-07-2012, 17:58
Lost to hertha Berlin yesterday but not a bad performance for the first run out, roll on Tuesday

Isle
22-07-2012, 18:33
I didn´t seen anything of yesterdays game. I think the result speaks
for itself. Ok, its a friendly and it doesn´t mean much. But Celtic
have to be carefully, as a lot of the european away games had been difficult
in the first 30 mins.

junglejim
23-07-2012, 18:30
Hi AJ ! Is this your concession ticket - surely that's not the correct name of you opponents? :ashamed::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Angusjim
24-07-2012, 08:34
Hi AJ ! Is this your concession ticket - surely that's not the correct name of you opponents? :ashamed::crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

I would have thought at you age you would fully understand the word concession:old: don't know what you mean about name of opponents???

I didn´t seen anything of yesterdays game. I think the result speaks
for itself. Ok, its a friendly and it doesn´t mean much. But Celtic
have to be carefully, as a lot of the european away games had been difficult
in the first 30 mins.

Don't worry too much about away games in Europe you will only have one to suffer :laugh::wave:

junglejim
24-07-2012, 09:27
Actually no AJ - if we lose against Helsinki we go into Uefa League qualifier , if we beat Helsinki we are guaranteed at least Uefa Group stage !
I hope you have contingency Insurance on Sunday's Bridies , 'cause so far Trigger hasn't got a licence even to play a Junior team - Cambuslang game off now !:redcard:

Might take a wee drive up on Monday for the cut-price vittels and smokies! :eyebrows:

seanocelt
24-07-2012, 10:56
Oh naw, "bawbees wasted on seemits and sashes" scandal in Angus.

Angusjim
24-07-2012, 13:30
Actually no AJ - if we lose against Helsinki we go into Uefa League qualifier , if we beat Helsinki we are guaranteed at least Uefa Group stage !
I hope you have contingency Insurance on Sunday's Bridies , 'cause so far Trigger hasn't got a licence even to play a Junior team - Cambuslang game off now !:redcard:

Might take a wee drive up on Monday for the cut-price vittels and smokies! :eyebrows:

Glad to see you are already comtemplating defeat from the mighty Helsinki:eyebrows:
Good idea use your bus pass to come up and I will take you to pubs that have pensioner discounts as well :raspberry::tiphat:

Oh naw, "bawbees wasted on seemits and sashes" scandal in Angus.

Teuchter hater!! I am reconsidering my position regarding bringing you bridies at new year in light of your non stop barage of insults :poke:
The Gers will be in town fear not :c2:

canary boy
24-07-2012, 23:59
dum de dum de dum! Thanks for the great night you looneys, we looked a lot sharper tonight , hope frazer is ok

junglejim
25-07-2012, 07:08
dum de dum de dum! Thanks for the great night you looneys, we looked a lot sharper tonight , hope frazer is ok
Hi Canary Boy - yes I ended up going to game last night - a bit low key with about 25,000 attending,but entertaining in parts - Murphy is a statue and Wilson struggling to show any ability!
Had a good laugh at the Green Brigade practicing their routines, helped make the night entertaining and at times better than the footie!
Hope you had a good time !
You can download the full game from here
http://hotfile.com/dl/164364714/5eef5b9/celtic_norwich_full_match-schwarz.flv.html

Glad to see you are already comtemplating defeat from the mighty Helsinki:eyebrows:
Good idea use your bus pass to come up and I will take you to pubs that have pensioner discounts as well :raspberry::tiphat:

Teuchter hater!! I am reconsidering my position regarding bringing you bridies at new year in light of your non stop barage of insults :poke:
The Gers will be in town fear not :c2:
Maybe the nursery rhyme on Solomon Grundy has a hint?

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday.
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy.[1]

Shugstar63
25-07-2012, 11:39
Been in Paris for a couple of days, so thought I should check in.
Really have to applaud you JungleJim,for the longevity of a recent post...perhaps a little more thought should have gone into the content.
It'll probably take me until season 2013/2014 to digest and understand some of it though. I shall however try and address some of the points you were trying to get across.
It may take a few posts, as I've a lot on today....so sorry for boring anyone.

"Sorry Shug you'll have to do better than that - please by all means bring up our illegal actions as a club - not FF/Vanguard Bear/RST myths but show us the evidence - don't comeback and quote turnstile **** unless you can provide evidence of disclosure, conviction and culpability otherwise you are re-enforcing the wide held belief that you are nothing but a Troll , and not a very good one !"

I presume FF is Follow Follow the Rangers fanzine. I have read a couple of articles from it probably around 10-15 years ago. I was not impressed as it was too much concerned with politics & extremely unfunny. So I've never actually bought it.

I did read my mate's "Not the View" in the early 90's....I found it amusing, especially "Have You Seen The Handsome Hun?" In them days the word didn't seem to have the same hatred attached to it......or maybe it had and I didn't notice ?
Vanguard Bear & RST I have no knowledge of so can't really comment on that.

The "special turnstile" story was related on a night out, in the 1980's by a former Celtic player Johannes Edvaldsson or "Shuggy" as your fans christened him. Shuggy became friends with "Shuggie Shuggie swing on the bar" Sproat and the story was that in the late 1970's at Celtic Park, the then chairman of the the club had a personal gate at the ground where all the money passed over was not registered.
Why big Shuggy would make that up I don't know, but certainly not to besmirch the name of Celtic Football Club......perhaps Timmy may be able to shed some light on the matter as I am unsure of the dates he was involved at the club.

JJ....a troll ? Don't know what it is.

"You've done as much walking away from this site as the hordes who ransacked Manchester and beyond but couldn't make an effort to save their beloved team yet turn up in their Thousands for the Sectarian Orange Walks in their McEwan 5 star tops and Tattoos - I would love to watch them "Stars"being blow-torched off !
You and your type's lowest form of argument always comes down to Taig conspiracies and Paedophilia - god you even slag one of your own Grandmaster Suck (Dingwall) as "The confirmed Batchelor" and suggest most of his income never sees the inside of any RFF or support for the team (or Tax/Vatman)- not to mention his famous self supporting Discos in the "Wee Club"- is he still drawing SS ?"

Regarding supporters saving clubs.....Fans unfortunately need a lead on this one...
Think the situations were similar when Celtic were close to going bust.
Fortunately Fergus McCann came forward...If he hadn't it would have been a similar outcome?

Manchester ? My friends and I were there from 9 am in Albert Square.
We had a fantastic day there, meeting with friends & family at lunchtime as they were working in the city.
We left around 5 pm for the outskirts of town , as the City had run out of bevvy, got another carry out then went to the ground, watched the match & got picked up on the edge of the city....we returned to my niece's house, where her & her friends were watching the carnage on TV.
No excuses....I was ashamed....the people who rioted were scum.
Myself & my friends were not party to any of it, though.

"You and your type's lowest form of argument always comes down to Taig conspiracies and Paedophilia"

I take that as an unfounded personal insult...which is a disgrace.:redcard:

Taig.... I have never used & I do not know the proper meaning of it and why it is offensive.....and I am certainly not going to wiki or google or anything else it.

"Paedophilia".....you should be careful talking about such matters on a public forum.
I have not or never will mention anything about such an emotive subject online.

"god you even slag one of your own Grandmaster Suck (Dingwall) as "The confirmed Batchelor" and suggest most of his income never sees the inside of any RFF or support for the team (or Tax/Vatman)- not to mention his famous self supporting Discos in the "Wee Club"- is he still drawing SS"

With all due respect this is bordering on the ludicrous now.

I know nothing of these people, nor do I care to.

JJ.....I am curious as to whether your local off sales was doing a 3 for 1 offer on Mad Dog 20/20 on the day that you posted this.

If not, I am seriously starting to worry about your welfare.:confused:

Better write something about Celtic...since this is your thread.

I see your Club have stared slowly pre season....do you feel that Lennon will have the team ready for the challenges ahead ?

junglejim
25-07-2012, 11:51
My welfare is fine- I've paid all my taxes - as for Mad Dog - as far as I know Mr Adair still resides in Troon having been run out of Belfast by his fellow UVF dealers.
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/scotlandfeatures/4170538/Mad-Dogs-puppy-love.html

Shugstar63
25-07-2012, 13:10

Seano....you've restored my faith !
At least one of you have a sense of humour.
The majority are too concerned spouting rubbish about Sashes, Orange Bands, Freemasonry & UVF criminals and suchlike nonsense.:zzz:
This thread has become reminiscent of The Green Bridgade's under 16 school party.

How well do you feel your side are equipped for the forthcoming season ?

Daft question I suppose as this is a football thread ?:crazy:

junglejim
25-07-2012, 17:53
I think we'll probably win the league , however I worry for the "Team without Bibs" managing to survive after reading today's training match report on their website!
Trigger's Broom-players continued their summer programme this morning by taking to the brand new Ibrox pitch for the first time to train.

In sunny conditions at the stadium, the group warmed up on the magnificent surface then took part in three 30-minute matches while they remain unable to play pre-season friendlies.

In the first game, boss Ally McCoist picked two fairly evenly-matched sides containing both first-team regulars from last term and youth players.

Teenager Barrie McKay gave the team without bibs a lead before Kal Naismith struck twice in a couple of minutes to turn the contest on its head and give his group a 2-1 win.

In the second fixture, McCoist mixed the group up and introduced midfielder Andrew Murdoch for trialist Ian Black as he continues his comeback from a hernia operation.

The former Hearts player showed some nice touches while he was on the park and looked composed, with fellow ex-Jambo Craig Beattie also making a contribution.

With personnel changes made, the non-bibbed team was something close to the starting XI which will play Brechin on Sunday if a transfer of the old company's SFA membership is granted.

And it was no surprise the more experienced side won, with Alejandro Bedoya notching a double prior to McKay's second of the day in a 3-0 victory.

Manager McCoist was vocal throughout as he shouted instructions to his players from the Directors Box.

The final game of the day had less incidents to report as the two teams played out a 2-0 win for the bibbed side, with Kirk Broadfoot and Lee McCulloch scoring.

BIBS (first game): Gallacher; Cole, Goian, Hegarty, Wallace; Bedoya, Wiktorski, Hutton, Edu, Crawford; Naismith.

NON-BIBS (first game): Alexander; Broadfoot, Gasparotto, Bocanegra, Clarke; Mitchell, Black, Macleod; Beattie, McCulloch, McKay.
http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2860603
from the hun website :lol: :lol: :lol: eff me just shows how bad things are when you've to resort to giving a match report on a training session ! :crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Shugstar63
26-07-2012, 01:00
JJ

I have obviously misjudged your good self.
Thinking that I may find reasonable discussion online....I find myself now thinking that discussion on this particular thread is impossible.

Your post asking for evidence regarding my accusations regarding your club's reluctance to declare earnings to the Inland Revenue, thus avoiding corporation tax thus gaining perhaps an unfair advantage over other sides at the time.....well they have been answered.....as you asked.............although I am unsure as to whether you are choosing to ignore or deny this.

I suspected that reasoned debate may be in short supply here.....but .........even I could not have imagined how blinkered some on here are.
I'm reasonably sure that big Shuggy was not a sash wearing, Rangers loving,flute playing masonic hun or was he ?
Still puzzles me that one.

I know that some people are content with allowing their thoughts to be formed by reading nonsense online.......fortunately I do not subscribe to that view.

junglejim
26-07-2012, 07:48
Now you are repeating yourself Shugs !
Scroll back ! Nobody on here is denying that "Back in the Day" Clubs fiddled their turnstile receipts - many Clubs did it , it's part of the folklore and myth- pub talk is not evidence!
Jock Stein was a well known Mason FFS ! The fact that he was treated poorly at the time by CFC still riles with a lot of people !
If you have any evidence by all means bring it to the Forum and discuss it , meanwhile I'll let the facts I bring speak for themselves .
The present fiasco going on at Hampden shows how much the Blazers are fighting to ensure the establishment club is retained in Scottish Football by bypassing virtually every one of their Rules and Article to get them a licence.
Look at how swift justice was meted out to other clubs in the past yet this farago has been going on since last October !
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/CRIMES+%26+PUNISHMENT%3B+Yorkston%3A+You+can%27t+g ive+Rangers+the+same+ban+as...-a0291634944

Isle
26-07-2012, 21:38
I would have thought at you age you would fully understand the word concession:old: don't know what you mean about name of opponents???

Don't worry too much about away games in Europe you will only have one to suffer :laugh::wave:

AJ I`m sure Celtic beat Helsinki.

It doesn´t matter if You lose a friendly or win it 17:0. The season when its about points is important.

Shugstar63
26-07-2012, 21:47
Had a nice chuckle tonight, after being called into work on my day off.
Met by two of your lads ....the famous Green Brigade....in the canteen........"here Shuggy when's Rangers gonna get a licence to play so we can take 10 off you in the Cup?"
I did point out that there was no Rangers. only Sevco Scotland Ltd and I now was following a junior side........"aye right Shug" was the reply.

Now I know these 2 bhoys Stevie & Jamie have a combined IQ of around 8............perhaps you should have a word JJ.....they'll listen :)

Clubs fiddled their turnstile receipts - many Clubs did it , it's part of the folklore and myth- pub talk is not evidence!

Sorry this is not folklore or pub myth......I was at the night out and unless I am mistaken...............Shuggy had a 5 year stint at your club..................
I see the truth for what it is.............as SLF said................... "It's the worst excuse in the world..........but it doesn't make it alrght"

Davie Thistle
26-07-2012, 23:06
..............jeezus H crist!

I go away to majorky for a wee weeks well deserved break,
get hame and see this !!???

can you two lots of ladies no kiss and make up!!??:redcard:

canny leave you lot alone for 5 minutes!
wit you all like!!!:nono:

Incidentally,
the mighty Jagzz won the competition!
beat Smeltic 2.0 and everton 3.1!!:jumping:
First silverware of the season!!:c2:

junglejim
27-07-2012, 06:15
".I was at the night out "
Still trolling a pub story Shugs - it's nearly 40 years old now , give it up FFS!
Your "mates" might listen... well you obviously do too , so take the hint and change the record!:tongue:

Shugstar63
27-07-2012, 07:30
..............jeezus H crist!

I go away to majorky for a wee weeks well deserved break,
get hame and see this !!???

can you two lots of ladies no kiss and make up!!??:redcard:

canny leave you lot alone for 5 minutes!
wit you all like!!!:nono:

Incidentally,
the mighty Jagzz won the competition!
beat Smeltic 2.0 and everton 3.1!!:jumping:
First silverware of the season!!:c2:

Well done on your trophy Davie......

Though every team in the land seem to be scudding Celtic these days, apart from the German bloke Alan.

Traitors to a man , eh? You went to Majorca, I booked up for Costa Del Sol yesterday..........what's up with Reefie ?

First game at the REAL Jags I can make August 18th

junglejim
27-07-2012, 08:25
Aye Davie I was surprise our youngsters didn't do better - trust you to be away after promoting games !
We'll have another go in an official friendly tomorrow against our old '67 adversaries in the Big Cup !
Meanwhile,back at Bibs &Co. ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

Off to Turnberry now to watch some golfers with real Integrity!

Harmonicaman
27-07-2012, 18:21
Aye Davie I was surprise our youngsters didn't do better - trust you to be away after promoting games !
We'll have another go in an official friendly tomorrow against our old '67 adversaries in the Big Cup !
Meanwhile,back at Bibs &Co. ......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnlIWpZSPXU

Off to Turnberry now to watch some golfers with real Integrity!

Brilliant video JJ!:laugh:

Davie Thistle
27-07-2012, 23:36
........Aye well,
here's a wee taster for you!

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highlights/2012-2013/2107_celtic_xi

http://www.ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highlights/2012-2013/2207_everton_xi

A great wee performance from the Jagzz!
even if I say so myself!!!
:jumping:

junglejim
29-07-2012, 07:16
Celtic 1:Inter Milan 1 Friendly.
Nice tribute to Joe McBride RIP and his family from the Club.
Interesting game with good overall performances from Commons , Wanyama and Lustig though disappointing to lose goal in closing minute.
Looking a bit sharper in time for Helsinki game but with Stokes and Common going off injured a little bit of worry over their fitness.
Link to goals
http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/celtic-1-inter-milan-1/

Shugstar63
31-07-2012, 08:28
Oh dear................integrity......moral or otherwise.....us hard working tax payers!!!

junglejim
31-07-2012, 08:38
No problems there Shug ! He took advice on a tax avoidance scheme and got stuffed and PAID the tax for it and is being sued for lawyers fees , he lost money not the taxpayers or paperboy or facepainter !
Still waiting to hear explainations from Walter and Sounness on their EBT's years after they left the club and some shady transfer deals !
I'm sure it will all come out in the end!

CaribeCelt
31-07-2012, 09:32
JJ is the match on T.V. tomorrow night?
Can't see it on any listings.

seanocelt
31-07-2012, 12:52
Celtic TV if your abroad so should be on over here, just not sure its on back home, usually want stadium filled with CL home games before agreement to air. No Sky or ESPN coverage i know of.

Shugstar63
31-07-2012, 13:06
No problems there Shug ! He took advice on a tax avoidance scheme and got stuffed and PAID the tax for it and is being sued for lawyers fees , he lost money not the taxpayers or paperboy or facepainter !
Still waiting to hear explainations from Walter and Sounness on their EBT's years after they left the club and some shady transfer deals !
I'm sure it will all come out in the end!

Oh well JJ.
That's perfectly fine then.............
The fact that his advice was ill advised and he was too stupid to realize that he was entering into the realms of tax evasion absolves your great leader of anything untoward. No change there then.
Celticmindedlogic.com, I salute you!:c2:

I am now extremely amused by this current chapter in Scottish Football.

You and your ilk are brilliant.:lol:

I take it you're holidaying in Egypt this year.......very near Denial I hear.:spin:

junglejim
31-07-2012, 19:39
Caribe - nothing listed , as Sean says tickest still available , will have to wait until tomorrow , I'm sure it will be on somewhere ,
Shugs - welcome back (again) Oh , another Squirrel !- millions of people and companies get advice on tax avoidance schemes , including myself and David Murray - the issue is whether or not HMRC decide that they are bona fide - Neil Lennon chose a scheme that was deemed outside HMRC's rules and as a result lost HIS money - David Murray diddled the tax payer and public out of £134m( that we know of) and has no intention of paying it back - Green & Whyte are blatantly broadcasting how Trigger's Broom will be "Stronger & Debt Free " knowing they have done the country out of millions .
The only people in DENIAL on this are yourselves ! Again , change the record FFS your trolling is becoming a joke!

Late Edit - word back from Irish Rover that game is being shown so it must be on TV somewhere , it;s listed on Premiere sports pay channel .

CaribeCelt
31-07-2012, 20:23
The Dortmund Tim has sent me a link for tomorrow night...always on the ball our Isle:respect:

Isle
01-08-2012, 19:26
The Dortmund Tim has sent me a link for tomorrow night...always on the ball our Isle:respect:

Good that Celtic start today. I´m sure it will be a good season. Hail Hail!

CaribeCelt
01-08-2012, 21:45
Well I thought the Bhoys were good tonight and should have had a few more.
Wanyama was poor tonight and Samaras needs to give the right ball more often,but apart from that a good first competitive match of the season.
I still would have liked one more to take over there but if Celtic play like they played tonight we should be alright.
Definately need a C.B though.
"Hail,Hail"

seanocelt
02-08-2012, 03:42
Dreadful result, good performance. I thought a 3 goal lead was needed due to plastic pitch next week, but we showed them we were miles ahead 2nd half, anyone think ( to my surprise) they didnt like to mix it? Expected a strong ,hard Scandi team but when we threw our limited weight around, they didnt want to know. Murphy, Sammy, Lustig (where the **** is Kayal?) .... bash them about a bit???

junglejim
02-08-2012, 11:04
I agree with you Sean - but Forrest was ineffective for most of game , Kayal is injured and I'm assuming he took off Commons due to his injury on Saturday .
Murphy is a Donkey , invisible against Norwich last week and Bangura is just as useless , at least we've finally dumped Rasmussen !
Again very frustrating at not taking our chances , imperative at this level to convert opportunities and kill games off.
I think we've got enough to finish tie next Wednesday but will need to step up a gear if we get into next knock-out stage .

timmylish
02-08-2012, 13:01
Correct me if I,m wrong I thought that we played rather well in Moscow, the last time we played abroad on an all weather pitch. I know its a different team but same mind set, I hope!

seanocelt
02-08-2012, 13:11
You are correct Timmylish. I saw the goals they scored in the 7 nil game on plastic v Rekjavic , and i fear for our defence, but maybe im over anxious. They look a bit lightweight , hope we can bulldoze them. IF , as is mooted, we will wrap up the SPL by March, wish we could rest players for a month, get them back in competative friendlies in June /July, these qualifiers come to quickly for us in Scotland and indeed England. A lot of positives to take from last night but as you can all no doubt feel, we are in danger of dropping to Europa already, and we dinae want that.

Isle
02-08-2012, 18:50
It was a good start of the season for Celtic. Celtic deserved the victory.
Helsinki look always dangerous on their few chances.
Next week will be a tough away fixture, and I believe Celtic can at least draw there. Hail Hail!

junglejim
04-08-2012, 09:11
Well , SPL season kicks of today against Aberdeen should be a sell-out for League Flag being raised by Sean ( Fallon!).
Disappointed that Charlie Mulgrew is suspended for sending off in friendly against Ajax - why not next friendly ( seems a weird rule).
One eye on today and the other on Helsinki on Wednesday (Premier Sports ) for the team - let's see how it goes in this "Armaggedon " season with all TV companies on board (So much for Donkeyasster's drivel!) Hail Hail!

Isle
04-08-2012, 09:56
I´ve to correct You JJ. All the foucs is on todays game in my opinion. After the game the focus can turn to next wednesday.
I´m sure Celtic will start well in defend the title. Hail Hail!

junglejim
04-08-2012, 10:47
Ok Isle , respect you opinion but Champions League Group qualification gets CFC over £12m in income this year which is important .
I would expect us over the year to do enough to win the domestic title but we have to be financially secure as well !
Selling Ki might help us but CL money means we can strengthen our squad with a decent defence !
As far as I am concerned CL group qualification is more important than today and playing Real Madrid next week !

CaribeCelt
04-08-2012, 11:53
Fully agree JJ.
I would even take a defeat today if it meant we made it to the group stage of the CL.
The Champions League is a must for our club.

Isle
04-08-2012, 18:51
Ok Isle , respect you opinion but Champions League Group qualification gets CFC over £12m in income this year which is important .
I would expect us over the year to do enough to win the domestic title but we have to be financially secure as well !
Selling Ki might help us but CL money means we can strengthen our squad with a decent defence !
As far as I am concerned CL group qualification is more important than today and playing Real Madrid next week !

A 1:0 victory for Celtic vs Aberdeen. Now all the foucs is on the next game on wednesday at Helsinki. Hail Hail!

junglejim
05-08-2012, 06:46
First day victory and Champions flag raised !
Now to focus on Helsinki ! Then Real Madrid freindly!
Thanks for PM Isle !

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 09:19
"Well , SPL season kicks of today against Aberdeen should be a sell-out for League Flag being raised"

Unless the self proclaimed "best fans in the world" have suddenly developed vertigo or your plc have started manipulating the gate receipts again....there looked around 12,000 empty seats at Paradiso yesterday.
Nice to see the Daily Retards SOS worked a treat.....although there were undoubtedly hordes of marauding huns picketing the turnstiles.

Looking for a better turn out at Gasworks Park on Wednesday night....fingers crossed:raspberry2:

junglejim
05-08-2012, 09:43
You really are getting desperate Shugs - another Squirrel ! Deny , Deflect, Obfuscate!
Check Sevco's seats for Tuesday 's first home game for the New Club Trigger's Broom , you'll be doing well to get 20,000! Are you going?
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=894766

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 10:22
You really are getting desperate Shugs - another Squirrel ! Deny , Deflect, Obfuscate!
Check Sevco's seats for Tuesday 's first home game for the New Club Trigger's Broom , you'll be doing well to get 20,000! Are you going?
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?t=894766

jj.....I am running the risk of being repetitive here , not unlike your good self..........
I shall never spend a penny of my hard earned following Sevco....sorry The Rangers ever again.....gave my season ticket up a good few years ago and the last match I attended was in 2008.
I shall post you a photo from Wednesday's match.........pretty poor turnout though yesterday,eh ?
I personally do not care what the crowd is on Tuesday.....it's two diddy teams in a diddy cup match. I predict 16,123
Quite funny you lot really........I shall always support ABC.
End of......"best fans in the world". Ok:)
Time for church.

junglejim
05-08-2012, 10:34
FFS Shug 48,000 in a Scottish game brought into disrepute by SFA/SPL? Triggers Broom/ Corrupt referees/Biased Media on a pissing down day isn't a bad start , over 100,000 at Paradise this week will certainly keep us financially afloat .
You will really have to find something better to Troll about , have a good read in your Bible - Revelations 16 would be a good start for you !

seanocelt
05-08-2012, 12:01
Plus it was live on Sky. C'mon Shug, what's REALLY goin oan? I think its the pain of the penny dropping. I felt it myself, looking at the scores for the SPL at 4.40 pm and REALISING THE REALITY- just who's scores am i looking for, as anyone from the rest could be challengers now? That's why our football will survive despite the talk of it being over without Rangers. (talk hyped by those who stand to lose money, not the average fan).

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 12:49
I believe our friend Shug could be onto something here,tbh.
The crowd was poor at Celtic park yesterday,there is no getting away from that.....Sky T.V.,Weather,Holidays all taken into consideration it still was a bad crowd for opening day.
Was talking to a lad who travelled over with the c.s.c. yesterday and he said the Irish contingent was massively reduced...The Irish fan base has been getting lower year on year and isn't solely down to Rangers' demise..the state of the Scottish game and Celtic's failure in europe has played a big part too...people say,oh they'll be back on the band wagon once the good days return,but I wouldn't be so sure because a lot of the youngsters are looking to England now for teams to follow...sad days imo,my town used to take at least four buses to home games and now it's down to one for the big games only.
I can see the crowds continuing to dwindle at C.P. in the season ahead...that's why,imo,Champions League football is essential.

"Over and Over" "Hail,Hail"

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 13:46
Cheers Caribe.

I made an observation and got slated.
Unfortunately some of your friends are oblivious to the fact that people are allowed to disagree with them without being "desperate."
For the record... the other 4 matches in the SPL were in total around 30,000 short of capacity.
Hardly a great start to the season....Unfortunately as Caribe has hinted at. Poor Fare, Poor Crowds...........

junglejim
05-08-2012, 14:11
Shugs, thanks for your concern ... now move along no window-lickers allowed please !
Now go and raise the same concern on the FF link I gave you earlier and see if they even allow you to comment - their attendance/ST sales are so bad even journalists in their articles are providing the hotline number for ticket sales !(Herald & Record)

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 14:15
As an aside.
I ventured in to my hometown center yesterday with my wife & two friends early doors for a Chinese meal, followed by a few bottles of vino in a local "Celtic minded" establishment.
There were around 30-40 hooped jerseys being worn and the people who were sporting them would have to have traveled by phantom jet to make it back from the East End by the time we got there. I take it a day oot in the boozer was more enticing than seeing a Celtic Legend unfurl the league flag?
Later on a lad in his 20's who was chatting up one of our friends asked me who I supported.....Helen chipped in " he supports Rangers !" The boy retorted there's nae Rangers
I pointed out that I used to follow RFC but was intending to be a paying punter in Larkhall....from this season......"F..k sake they're worse than Rangers"......only in the West of Scotland !
I didn't bother telling him that around half a dozen ex players became regulars? at Celtic Park....I was too busy laughing.
He was more impressed that I have seen the mighty Joy Division live though:)

Shugs, thanks for your concern ... now move along no window-lickers allowed please !
Now go and raise the same concern on the FF link I gave you earlier and see if they even allow you to comment - their attendance/ST sales are so bad even journalists in their articles are providing the hotline number for ticket sales !(Herald & Record)

I'm led to believe that perhaps the people who contribute in Follow Follow talk as much p!sh as you................although since I do not subscribe....this assumption is purely guesswork on my part:ashamed:

junglejim
05-08-2012, 14:34
:Was the minister rough on you today Shugs , you seem to be getting a lot out of your system ?
Withdrawal symptoms already ?
I went to CP last Saturday via train at Bridgeton X where the hordes of huns were on the platform waiting to cause bother with Tims coming off train , luckily the police were there with their dogs and truncheons to corral them in- they tried the same at the end of the game as well - seems old habits die hard !
I also spent yesterday at my local Celtic supporters Club with a few hundred supporters watching the game as I couldn't be Ar**d going up in the torrential rain , it was a nice day inside!
I will be off to Tenerife on Tuesday for 4 months where I will watch them in several Celtic Minded Bars , we're Global you know - I can't see many bars showing division 3 SFL matches though - looks like tough times for the Ibrox Bar and the "New" Bluebell !

OOOH Personal insults ! Looks like you're losing it Shugs - the Larkhall Lurker is finally cracking up! :fishing:

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 15:10
Junglejim.....don't you think perhaps it may be time for you to "f.....g man up wee man " ? (copyright Kevin Bridges)
Your victim card is getting a little thread bare now.
I've never had a bottle chucked at me up the side of Joanna Dees or the "Celtic minded" pub at the Broomloan end, can't recall the name.
Get it over it.......Glesga's full of b€llends......

junglejim
05-08-2012, 15:14
Profanity on a Sunday ! And you just out of Church! :twak::bottomline::popcorn:

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 15:29
I didn't get much out of it today.....only knew one of the hymns.
Really jealous.....4 months in Reefie ? Part-timer.
Gasworks Park on a Wet Wednesday..........bliss.

Best quote of yesterday's day out.

In the toilets......"We were Sh%te the day, weren't we"

Still wondering who he was on about:lol:

junglejim
05-08-2012, 15:43
Was it this Hymn ?
Let Us Join Our Friends Above
Words: Charles Wesley, 1759
Come, let us join our friends above
who have obtained the prize,
and on the eagle wings of love
to joys celestial rise.
Let saints on earth unite to sing
with those to glory gone,
for all the servants of our King Henrik
in earth and heaven are one.

Yes I thought Aberdeen were crap too, especially their Floof keeper !

p.s. You shouldn't hand about Toilets , look what happened to George Michael., one careless Whispa!

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 16:12
Not sure if that's blasphemy .....

Can't remember the name.....was a bit hungover today.
I'm more used to the RC service these days.
See Broony may be a risk for Wednesday....

According to the Gulf News Celtic weren't that impressive yesterday.

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/celtic-must-improve-commons-1.1058002?

Isle
05-08-2012, 16:26
I believe our friend Shug could be onto something here,tbh.
The crowd was poor at Celtic park yesterday,there is no getting away from that.....Sky T.V.,Weather,Holidays all taken into consideration it still was a bad crowd for opening day.
Was talking to a lad who travelled over with the c.s.c. yesterday and he said the Irish contingent was massively reduced...The Irish fan base has been getting lower year on year and isn't solely down to Rangers' demise..the state of the Scottish game and Celtic's failure in europe has played a big part too...people say,oh they'll be back on the band wagon once the good days return,but I wouldn't be so sure because a lot of the youngsters are looking to England now for teams to follow...sad days imo,my town used to take at least four buses to home games and now it's down to one for the big games only.
I can see the crowds continuing to dwindle at C.P. in the season ahead...that's why,imo,Champions League football is essential.

"Over and Over" "Hail,Hail"

Thanks for Your post Caribe. Saw the average Celtic home attendance, of the last 5 seasons and I don´t see it that bad. If there will a average of 48000 for Celtic
ast the end of the season that would be ok for me. 2 sold out games will be missing.
The TV contract is still intact. If I could choose between match a match
at CP or in the net I´ll prefer the live one. Hail Hail!

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 16:37
Thanks for Your post Caribe. Saw the average Celtic home attendance, of the last 5 seasons and I don´t see it that bad. If there will a average of 48000 for Celtic
ast the end of the season that would be ok for me. 2 sold out games will be missing.
The TV contract is still intact. If I could choose between match a match
at CP or in the net I´ll prefer the live one. Hail Hail!

Isle....I normally see that you are the Hoops Fan who talks most sense on here, so I was really surprised when I read your post.
Do you think you would see Signal Iduna Park at 75% capacity on flag day?
Bearing in mind Celtic have now unfurled around 40 flags.

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 16:42
No it's not a bad attendance at all Isle and the live game is obviouly better...but,imo,attendances will drop.
This isn't about the Rangers' demise but the state of Scottish football and the poor quality of the Celtic squad...I would nearly bet YOUR house that come November/December the crowds will be at the 35/38,000 mark...still a decent crowd and a big leap from the days when I first started going to watch the Celtic in the 90,s when the crowds were small and the atmosphere,apart from the Hun games, was brutal,tbh.
We all know radical changes have to be made in Scottish football or the game is going to die on it's feet...what the solution is?I don't know but one is needed and quickly.
We all know the pulling power of the Celtic and the global reach of their support but if I was sitting in the Celtic directors ivory tower I wouldn't be taking the worldwide support for granted.

junglejim
05-08-2012, 16:43
Well , we won't be getting a match report from the other Shug (Keevins) as it seems he's persona non grata at Celtic Park .
Ihope we get 3 points every time we are crap (Allegedly) !
Anyways in Ecumenical Spirit , Pax Vobiscum ! :pope:

Isle
05-08-2012, 16:58
Isle....I normally see that you are the Hoops Fan who talks most sense on here, so I was really surprised when I read your post.
Do you think you would see Signal Iduna Park at 75% capacity on flag day?
Bearing in mind Celtic have now unfurled around 40 flags.

Shugs; Celtic have 43 (league) flags and a star for winning the big one.
We haven´t a flag day here in Germany.
I always write with sense. Of course the league lost a bit
all in all. There is no guranteed for any football club to have
a high average attendance.
Last season Your club has games with attendances around
20000. (Ex Rangers vs Dundee U)
So compare to that 48500 of a possible 60000 is not the
end of the world.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 16:58
No it's not a bad attendance at all Isle and the live game is obviouly better...but,imo,attendances will drop.
This isn't about the Rangers' demise but the state of Scottish football and the poor quality of the Celtic squad...I would nearly bet YOUR house that come November/December the crowds will be at the 35/38,000 mark...still a decent crowd and a big leap from the days when I first started going to watch the Celtic in the 90,s when the crowds were small and the atmosphere,apart from the Hun games, was brutal,tbh.
We all know radical changes have to be made in Scottish football or the game is going to die on it's feet...what the solution is?I don't know but one is needed and quickly.
We all know the pulling power of the Celtic and the global reach of their support but if I was sitting in the Celtic directors ivory tower I wouldn't be taking the worldwide support for granted.

Caribe.....think you have it right.......football in Scotland has been dying on it's feet for ages....bar the odd foray in Europe between 1992-2008......not down to your club, I know, but when your own support "cannot be @rsed "to turn up for the unfurling on league flag day.....I fear the game is finished.
The fact that Scottish Football is rated lower than that of Mali kind of hints there is something wrong.
Yesterday's crowds confirm that fact.......who's to blame ?
Must be the people that run the game ?

You decide.

Isle
05-08-2012, 17:08

Well, Caribe the atmosphere has more to do with boring all seater
stadiums which leds to less atmosphere.
I saw a lot of Celtic games at home even Glasgow derbys. The atmosphere wasn´t always the best. Even in the derbys there where (little) parts when both supports where silence.

I believe at least one standing area, at every club, can solve this problem. Not only at Celtic, in scottish football at all.

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 17:15
Well, Caribe the atmosphere has more to do with boring all seater
stadiums which leds to less atmosphere.
I saw a lot of Celtic games at home even Glasgow derbys. The atmosphere wasn´t always the best. Even in the derbys there where (little) parts when both supports where silence.

I believe at least one standing area can solve this problem. Not only at Celtic, in scottish football at all.

I believe various supporter clubs have appproached the authorities and the plc about the idea.
I can't see it happening...the big-wigs would think it's a step back to the "dark days" of hooliganism on the terraces.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 17:18
Shugs; Celtic have 43 (league) flags and a star for winning the big one.
We haven´t a flag day here in Germany.
I always write with sense. Of course the league lost a bit
all in all. There is no guranteed for any football club to have
a high average attendance.
Last season Your club has games with attendances around
20000. (Ex Rangers vs Dundee U)
So compare to that 48500 of a possible 60000 is not the
end of the world.

Thanks Isle.......unfortunately I have never visited your Stadium, although the atmosphere on TV as I remember always looks magnificent. Very passionate.
I have been to Mercedes Benz Arena Stuttgart and Cologne's stadium, can't remember the name.
In Stuttgart the fans were very friendly, though the police were very rough......Cologne can't really remember : ) Rangers lost both games.

Don't worry my team now Larkhall Thistle JFC have very few fans.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larkhall_Thistle_F.C.

Good luck for the new season !

Isle
05-08-2012, 17:28
I believe various supporter clubs have appproached the authorities and the plc about the idea.
I can't see it happening...the big-wigs would think it's a step back to the "dark days" of hooliganism on the terraces.

Thats right, various supporters have told the authorities.

Who says its a way backward to the hooliganism! Its a question
of not allow the visitors bottles,glasses etc take inside the ground.

You can see that it works in Germany. For examble, look
at the South Stand from Borussia Dortmund, a stand for 25000
BVB fans.

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 18:07
Thats right, various supporters have told the authorities.

Who says its a way backward to the hooliganism! Its a question
of not allow the visitors bottles,glasses etc take inside the ground.

You can see that it works in Germany. For examble, look
at the South Stand from Borussia Dortmund, a stand for 25000
BVB fans.

I am all for it...sure don't the Green Brigade stand the whole 90minutes anyway.
The Scottish football authorities would say it's a backward step...I cant see there ever being standing areas in Celtic park again.
Hope I'm wrong.

seanocelt
05-08-2012, 18:26
Wisnae slating you Shug, just the usual banter, keep the heid now. As for atmosphere/attendances lads; I went to two Cetlic v Aberdeen games in Strachan era, sold out stadium but dire atmosphere. The holidays impact on early season games, and as i said TV coverage. BUT this recession ( i called it hurricane force on this forum 2 years ago, and was slated!) is impacting badly on Tenerife this year, on my in laws in the contruction trade in Tyrone, on my brother's taxi business in Edinburgh. Bound to impact on football too, lets see if EPL suffers. Not defending our crap product though, as Caribecelt says also, many kids simply have no interest in SPL, havent for years. The Omagh CSC would have 25 to 30 for most games (non old firm), then 50 more would pile in for the top EPL games.

Shugstar63
05-08-2012, 18:49
Seano....hope you'd know that my post was not directed at anyone in general.
I have an open mind and have the ability to laugh at myself and the club I once followed.......

Perhaps it may happen globally one day.

County Tyrone? My best friend in work has lots of family in Claddy (excuse if wrongly spelled), but he says his relative, Colin is referred to as "the only prod in the village"

Regarding Scottish crowds....were Celtic Park and Ibrox Park not close to capacity for league matches last year ?

Says a lot regards the Scottish psyche?

CaribeCelt
05-08-2012, 19:06
Seano....hope you'd know that my post was not directed at anyone in general.
I have an open mind and have the ability to laugh at myself and the club I once followed.......

Perhaps it may happen globally one day.

County Tyrone? My best friend in work has lots of family in Claddy (excuse if wrongly spelled), but he says his relative, Colin is referred to as "the only prod in the village"

Regarding Scottish crowds....were Celtic Park and Ibrox Park not close to capacity for league matches last year ?

Says a lot regards the Scottish psyche?

Not far off Shug...It's Clady in Tyrone.

junglejim
05-08-2012, 21:27
Just a quick update on attendance, Celtic's opening game against Dundee United last season was 50,500 and corresponding tie against Aberdeen was 49,200( a Sunday)- the season average was 48,500
So considering all issues , holidays ,weather, Olympics, TV, all the corruption - not a bad turnout ?

from KDS
Is it true that the Ranger's Fighting Fund put in a bid for the 10000 Metres Gold medal? Apparently it hangs on the sash Mo Farah wore.

seanocelt
06-08-2012, 03:44
Ha Ha Ha, c'moan Shug thats funny!! I looked at the opening day attendances over a few seasons, = 10% variance due to home/away Old firm ties, holidays and TV coverage, im not worried. YET!

Shugstar63
07-08-2012, 20:04
I'm currently in my living room, but my mate has just text me to say that there could now be over 45,000 at Ibrox Park....two diddy teams in a diddy cup !
Hang yer heads in shame:lol:

junglejim
07-08-2012, 20:21
Yep good turn out for half price football - lot of cash at gate , wonder if they´ve got wan o they "turnstiles" Shuggs .
McCulloch 1:0
Now a fox on the park -not a good sign!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

Great for East Fife -they´re due half the gate ..... if they get paid !

Shugstar63
07-08-2012, 20:26
Yep good turn out for half price football - lot of cash at gate , wonder if they´ve got wan o they "turnstiles" Shuggs .
McCulloch 1:0
Now a fox on the park -not a good sign!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/6407137.stm

Great for East Fife -they´re due half the gate ..... if they get paid !

"Best Fans in the World" ok

jj... your record is stuck.
48000 flag day Saturday
45000 + Tuesday night diddy cup
Olympics, holidays.....etc etc......:devil:

junglejim
07-08-2012, 20:34
You must be on a Mobius Strip- everytime you walk away ,you keep coming back to Trigger´s Broom !
Nice to see them spending money on players, pity they couldn´t pay their debts as well !

Shugstar63
07-08-2012, 20:45
You must be on a Mobius Strip- everytime you walk away ,you keep coming back to Trigger´s Broom !
Nice to see them spending money on players, pity they couldn´t pay their debts as well !

JJ....as I told young James (Green Brigade) at work.....just because I no longer intend to follow The Rangers......it does not mean that I am going to admire your club any more than I used to.
I hear the panel investigating the EBT issue at RFC plc has been changed to N. Lennon, T Boyd and two members of the Green Brigade under 16 division......may be slightly more impartial.:lol:
Sporting Integrity my eye........

junglejim
07-08-2012, 20:54
What EBT issue? I thought it was about improperly registered contracts ? HMRC /FTT(T) are dealing with RFC(IL) ´s appeal against ruling .
If Harper McLeod says there´s aPrima Facie case and Minty Moonbeams says there isn´t who would you beleive? How´s his Hover pitch and Casino coming along?
Is Campbell Ogilvie still working at SFA ? Impartial or what did you say?
Any ways getting dark and cooler here in Tenerife time for a few beers !
I´m sure you´ll be back tomorrow !