PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Looking to rent a flat for medium term at normal price

olsal
14-12-2017, 18:38
Hello,

Sorry if I post in the wrong thread.

We're a couple looking for a flat to rent in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, around Los Gladiolos (preferably), for at least 4 months. We will arrive in January 2018. We will come for work.

It seems really hard to find a non-vacational let, at a normal price.

Can you give me some guidelines on where I can find real estate agencies or private owners willing to let for less than 1 year / 6 months at a reasonable price ?

Thanks

AndyG
15-12-2017, 09:28
Have you tried milanuncios.com? You can filter to rentals and then choose Santa Cruz but I think most rentals will be for a minimum of 6 months. Good luck!

olsal
15-12-2017, 11:14
Have you tried milanuncios.com? You can filter to rentals and then choose Santa Cruz but I think most rentals will be for a minimum of 6 months. Good luck!

Hey, thanks!

We've tried with everything! Real estate websites (contacted more than 20, I believe), milanuncions, idealista, fotocasa, pisos.com, pisoscompartidos.com etc. We know Spanish quite well and we know how to search for resources.

We can't even find a shared flat, even if we don't actually want it. Besides, almost all shared rooms are offered for single persons. We've also called directly many people, private and companies, still no luck. Many private owners don't answer (maybe because they see a foreign number, we're from Romania). When I manage to get an answer from them on Whatsapp, they always say no, we need to rent if for at least a year, or no longer available.

Trust me, we've done as much as possible... :dontknow:. We've become a little bit desperate, as we don't have a ton of money to spend on vacation flats or hotel rooms for weeks until we find something on the spot !

AndyG
15-12-2017, 14:02
The main issue is possibly that Tenerife is a very popular winter destination so non holiday rentals will mostly have been secured a couple of months ago for the winter season. Even in my area on the south west coast, very few residential properties are now being advertised for monthly rental. I hope you find something suitable!

meelikemeelike
13-09-2018, 08:39
I faced the same problem. I am coming for a traineeship in La Laguna University and we spent a whole month, almost every free minute just on real estate. Finally we just took an airbnb place, first month through airbnb and after that we will pay in cash.