PDA

View Full Version : Should other forums be named?

onelegnofeet
26-06-2011, 10:00
After reading posts this morning i thought i would ask this question to see how members on her feel?
The tread was srated by denouncing posts that treat a youngman who had learning disabilities ,when it started the site it happened on sadly (imo)now has been .
So these are my questions ....
Should when discussing something on this Forum should other sites be named when discussing problems arising on that site .?
Should what happens between members on that site should it spill over onto this forum?
should members other names on other forums be put onto this site ,if they dont do this themselves ?

This is not a post aimed at anyone ,nor to cause issues ,i just wonder how members here feel about being discussed on other forums and there on line names being quoted .
Thanks

with cheese
26-06-2011, 10:06
Is TA another site forum OL it is mentioned but not sure what it is.

candy2411
26-06-2011, 10:15

guess its Trip Advisor...

if a person uses a different name on another forum then I suppose they would prefer to remain sort of anonymous, but then if the same avatar is used they're probably not bothered as its a bit of a giveaway!!!

onelegnofeet
26-06-2011, 10:19

it is though should i mention that ??....................or in your case TA could be Tight @RSE which you need in your neck of the woods ................bloody hell cant even stay on topic on my own thread !!!!

Added after 3 minutes:

guess its Trip Advisor...

if a person uses a different name on another forum then I suppose they would prefer to remain sort of anonymous, but then if the same avatar is used they're probably not bothered as its a bit of a giveaway!!!

Hi Candy (eye candy !! i sound like a stalker !!!lol) i use the same name on all but one of the forums i use ,personally i am not bothered who knows me but i think its others perogative to remain anonymus and not be named on other forums .

candy2411
26-06-2011, 11:54
Hi Oneleg, fair comment.

The post by another poster naming or linking a forum member to another site appears to have gone from the other thread, so no harm done eh!

It was quite late last night( or early this morning whichever you want to look at it) so not many would have seen it

Suej
26-06-2011, 12:10
After reading posts this morning i thought i would ask this question to see how members on her feel?
The tread was srated by denouncing posts that treat a youngman who had learning disabilities ,when it started the site it happened on sadly (imo)now has been .
Should when discussing something on this Forum should other sites be named when discussing problems arising on that site .?
Should what happens between members on that site should it spill over onto this forum?
should members other names on other forums be put onto this site ,if they dont do this themselves ?

This is not a post aimed at anyone ,nor to cause issues ,i just wonder how members here feel about being discussed on other forums and there on line names being quoted .
Thanks
I think leave what goes on on other forums out of this one, would a lot of members on this one be even interested in whatīs going on on another one that they are not part of?...Zzzzzzz It seems a bit of a shame and hasnīt gone unoticed that the internet seems to cross over into reality then the bitchiness creeps in PMīs start flying around, enemies are made. Itīs all Crazy. Blah Blah Blah! itīs only a Forum Enjoy it! :typing:

Brian
26-06-2011, 13:27

Thanks

Threads and posts on public forums by their very nature are open to discussion, comment and disagreement. People hide behind their users names to feel free to pass any comment safe in the knowledge that nobody knows their true identity. If people frequent different forums and have the same user name there will be comparisons between posts made on different sites, which will of course lead to an element of crossover. Whether that is right is down to the integrity of the posters and what is acceptable to some of us is not to many others, wouldn't life be boring if we were all the same.

This is the only forum site that I use, I don't post very often, only when I think that I have something constructive to add to the thread, but my philosophy is that if you are not prepared to be criticized or ridicled, dont post on an open forum and if you don't like something that you are reading, simply don't read it. People do seem to take these sites much to seriousily.

AL JAY
26-06-2011, 13:31
Spot on Brian!!!

Sylla
26-06-2011, 13:39
I agree spot on Brian ......and if you don't agree with a person don't come on the forum with a vendetta against them for ever more ...which seems to happen a lot !

warbey
26-06-2011, 18:35
I would ask the Management of this Forum for guidance.
Not too long ago on a Previous incarnation a good Thread was closed down.
This Thread was factual informative and had over 1600 on the Thread.
This was closed down for what was probably a good reason.

I would think that anything on any normal Forum becomes Public and cannot be
ithdrawn.
What the situation is regarding OTHER Forums would appear to be somewhat less clear.
If a slander is proven then the Forum could be ordered to Delete it for example.