PDA

View Full Version : How much should I pay a Takeaway Delivery driver in Tenerife?

Incognita
26-06-2011, 11:20
Can anyone give me any advice on how much you would pay a person who delivers takeaways for a bar? I was just wondering if anyone on the forum had any experience of this type of work and knew the going rate. I am basing it on the assumption they would be using their own transport so presumably a mileage allowance would be expected too.
Many thanks in advance

Tfe Translator
30-06-2011, 19:04
Hi, my son was working for a pizza delivery company a few months ago, they were paying him 1000€ + tips for 6 nights a week, from 5pm until 2am. They also supplied the transport for him to use, and as much pizza as he could eat :D

marbro8
30-06-2011, 19:37
Hi, my son was working for a pizza delivery company a few months ago, they were paying him 1000€ + tips for 6 nights a week, from 5pm until 2am. They also supplied the transport for him to use, and as much pizza as he could eat :Dhi, have you got that right? 1000 euros for 6 nights work? pluss tips and transport provided? i think i am coming over to work there myself lol, my bro in law and nephews all work for a pizza delivery place here in the uk and they get about £40 a night pluss tips and then get £1 a pizza after 20 pizzas delivered but have to pay for their own petrol and use there own vehicles

onelegnofeet
30-06-2011, 19:44
hi, have you got that right? 1000 euros for 6 nights work? pluss tips and transport provided? i think i am coming over to work there myself lol, my bro in law and nephews all work for a pizza delivery place here in the uk and they get about £40 a night pluss tips and then get £1 a pizza after 20 pizzas delivered but have to pay for their own petrol and use there own vehicles

Get behind me ..............i'll do it on my disabled wally scooter !!!

avalon2
30-06-2011, 19:46
which pizza delivery is this x i work 6-end of shift and get 6 euros hourly rate . find my own way there and back and get to take home a foil tray of ....... for consumption

marbro8
30-06-2011, 19:52
which pizza delivery is this x i work 6-end of shift and get 6 euros hourly rate . find my own way there and back and get to take home a foil tray of ....... for consumptionthat sounds about right, my bro in law earned £50 the other week for a nights work and then spent the lot on food from there for the family!!!(9 of them) he doesn't even get a discount, and only the kitchen staff get free food not the drivers

slodgedad
30-06-2011, 19:57
The problem with advising how much to pay someone depends entirely on the volume of work.

If you are employing someone to constantly deliver then a salary can be negotiated, but if it's a delivery here and there, then it can be quite expensive.

I know of a bar that had someone on call to do deliveries in their local area and called them out, whenever needed, and expected to pay 1.50 per delivery.

All very well if you are delivering all day but if you get 10 calls a day....Pfft.

Plus the delivery charge has to be added to the cost which puts most customers off.

Pooh
30-06-2011, 20:13
Hi, my son was working for a pizza delivery company a few months ago, they were paying him 1000€ + tips for 6 nights a week, from 5pm until 2am. They also supplied the transport for him to use, and as much pizza as he could eat :D

I assume this is the monthly pay, not weekly?
If so, it would equal about 5.30 per hour.