View Full Version : Foods I do not like

AL JAY
26-06-2011, 14:54
1) Olives

2) Mussels

3) Corn on the cob

4) Asparagus

5) Avacado

What foods would you add to this list? Or do you like any of these?

Harmonicaman
26-06-2011, 14:56
Tripe! (The food, not your thread Al. Haha!).

Andy0210
26-06-2011, 14:59
What about foods you like but they don´t like you?

I was at the Mongolian BBQ last night, the food and ambience was gorgeous, I would highly recommend the place but I have paid a few "visits" late last night and today! :lol:

atlantico
26-06-2011, 15:01
urgh ! liver, Kidneys, heart, etc , etc.

wish I did like them, they look so good !

Suej
26-06-2011, 15:06
Aubergine and Parsnip are the only 2 veg I cannot eat...Love Avacado AJ so I´ll have yours! :hungry:

I also do not like any fish or seafood....:spit: No sick smiley so this will have to do!

PS. include in my hate list all Atlantico´s list above! EEEEEEERRRRRRGHHHH!

sundownersvince
26-06-2011, 15:13
1) Olives

2) Mussels

3) Corn on the cob

4) Asparagus

5) Avacado

Olives, asparagus and avocados are all good for you Al so pass them over......you can have my jellied eels and celery.

AL JAY
26-06-2011, 15:15
There are also a few foods that i think are Hyped up, Oysters & Caviar!!! *shudders*

Harmonicaman
26-06-2011, 15:26
urgh ! liver, Kidneys, heart, etc , etc.

wish I did like them, they look so good !

All of those and more in haggis atlantico.:hungry:

reggie
26-06-2011, 15:27
Lettuce, WTF is that all about, Marzipan, olives, red onions,

caroletenerife
26-06-2011, 15:28
Green bl**dy beans, tapioca, semolina...anything that reminds me of school dinners...except sticky toffee pud of course (minus the lumpy custard)

YOUNG GOLFER
26-06-2011, 15:40
Pasta has to be top of my list...........strawberry's ,Gofio think that's how you spell it YUCK.

Harmonicaman
26-06-2011, 15:45
Pasta has to be top of my list...........strawberry's ,Gofio think that's how you spell it YUCK.
Pasta YG? Pasta must be the most inoffensive of all foods. Without a sauce it doesn't really have a taste, in fact if Pasta was a nation it would be Switzerland! Neutral!:hungry:

sundownersvince
26-06-2011, 15:47
Green bl**dy beans, tapioca, semolina...anything that reminds me of school dinners...except sticky toffee pud of course (minus the lumpy custard)

Frogspawn.......Yuk, remember it well, and my Mum used to make me eat porridge, much preferred Shreddies.

Bazz
26-06-2011, 16:15
Olives
Sardines / Pilchards
Octopus / Calamari
Aubergines
Caviar
Salmon
Sushi
Garlic
Stinky / Blue Cheese
:doctor:

tracey
26-06-2011, 16:27
I am really trying hard to think of food that I dont like!!!
I used to be a very fussy eater but since moving to Spain I will eat mostly anything. :pig:

sundownersvince
26-06-2011, 16:29
Spam...!!!!!

reggie
26-06-2011, 16:36
Shreddies for breakfast everyday, love em, Spam - i can feel a monty python coming on, cant remember last time i had it, bit like a donna kebab, you just wouldnt, would you ?.

primrose
26-06-2011, 16:58
Meat

Garlic

Pasta

Curry

Zara
26-06-2011, 17:34
Sprouts
Cottage Cheese
Snails
Tofu
Crabsticks
Tinned tomatoes

Goforgold
26-06-2011, 17:40
1) Olives

2) Mussels

3) Corn on the cob

4) Asparagus

5) Avacado

No I HATE all of these too!!!

Chris P. Bacon
26-06-2011, 17:48
Tofu
Olives
Haggis
Black pudding
Oysters

LeFrunk
26-06-2011, 17:51
I`l eat anything at all except CABBAGE , vile.

tracey
26-06-2011, 18:16
Having cabbage for dinner tonight (along with steak and Guiness pie and pots. Smells lovely cooking away lol

warbey
26-06-2011, 18:19
Parsnips no matter how cooked.
Turnip
Shell Fish.
Tripe

christa
26-06-2011, 18:28
Top of my list for no-go foods is:
Tripe,

closely followed by:

avocado
tofu
sushi
branston pickle
piccalilly
octupus
any kind of cheese with blue stuff in it
fresh cream

tracey
26-06-2011, 18:33
now I am feeling sorry for the poor (tasty) avocado. So many people dont like it!! Why ?????

Tofu
Olives
Haggis
Black pudding
Oysters

Have to admit to not liking black pudding. A mouth full of blood ewww yuck

warbey
26-06-2011, 18:38
now I am feeling sorry for the poor (tasty) avocado. So many people dont like it!! Why ?????

All the more for the Vampire clique.............lol

marbro8
26-06-2011, 19:25
i love most anything except fig rolls!!! what are they all about? it mostly consists of hard tasteless biscuit, and i remember my grandad once eating pigs brains on toast mixed with milk aaaah it smelt and looked disgusting

DaveRF
26-06-2011, 19:26
Liver, Kidney, coconut. That is about the sum total of what I won't eat.

warbey
26-06-2011, 19:56
Not really a Food as such Al
Mustard.. I hate it..

tracey
26-06-2011, 20:05
wow its amazing how different people are

dede
26-06-2011, 20:14
Anchovies

Smoked salmon

caviar

and probably more of what posh people eat yuck..........................

AL JAY
26-06-2011, 20:14
Im with ya on that one Warbs, years ago i used to take Colemans mustard over to the Reef for a mate of mine who loved it on his ham sarnies! Another one i don't like is Horseradish sauce!

Chris P. Bacon
26-06-2011, 20:18

Avos rock, mashed with a dash of salt, pepper and vinegar on a piece of toast with a fried egg on top :hungry:

Sal
26-06-2011, 20:24
Hate, hate, hate cabbage. :ban:
Probably since I was forced to eat it at school dinners many moons ago!

tracey
26-06-2011, 20:31
Avos rock, mashed with a dash of salt, pepper and vinegar on a piece of toast with a fried egg on top :hungry:

Used to hate them but got a craving (not pregnant) a few months ago and could eat them all the time now. Have not tried them the way you suggest but will!!

Hate, hate, hate cabbage. :ban:
Probably since I was forced to eat it at school dinners many moons ago!

I love all green things!!! Cabbage, sprouts whatever :hungry:

balcon
26-06-2011, 20:33
Marmite
Anchovies
Mackerel
Kippers .............. too many little bones
anything greasy/oily

christa
26-06-2011, 20:57
Avos rock, mashed with a dash of salt, pepper and vinegar on a piece of toast with a fried egg on top

:spit::spit::mopping::mopping: haha.

sundownersvince
27-06-2011, 00:57
It has become very obvious to me (and trust me! I am not God) we all have very different tastes! Hallelulah! Roll out the Crispy Bacon...... Oh Yeh..

Zara
27-06-2011, 09:33
Roll out the Crispy Bacon...... Oh Yeh..

Oh yeah, no butter and a bit of brown sauce on mine please.:hungry:

Jackie
27-06-2011, 10:01
Spam...!!!!!

Try it fried in a sandwich ;)

Have to say there is nothing that I don't eat.. if I really had to say something that I don't like then it would be thick custard, as long as it is thin and watery no problem.

Zara
27-06-2011, 10:09
Tea and even worse tea with sugar http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-large.gif

Suej
27-06-2011, 10:12
What´s Avos rock Crispy?

Sundowner
27-06-2011, 11:18
1) Olives

2) Mussels

3) Corn on the cob

4) Asparagus

5) Avacado

Love them all...................please send food parcel :) and don't forget to put in some oysters and caviar...........oh and a nice bottle of chablis to wash them down :)

You can keep the tripe..................

sunspot
27-06-2011, 13:00
1.Sweetcorn
2.celery
3. Mussles
4. Marmalade
and i cant stand Mustard.............but i love Hearts,liver,kidneys and Marmite...:hungry:

warbey
28-06-2011, 19:28
Question........................

Do those who DONT like Mussels................like Paella....?
cos the smell really puts Me off.......

marbro8
28-06-2011, 19:33
Oh yeah, no butter and a bit of brown sauce on mine please.:hungry:that is one thing i do hate, butter on bacon or sausage sarnies????? there is more than enough grease on the thing without putting more on??? the amount of times i have had to send it back because it has butter on it!!! especially the further south you travel

sunspot
28-06-2011, 19:37
that is one thing i do hate, butter on bacon or sausage sarnies????? there is more than enough grease on the thing without putting more on??? the amount of times i have had to send it back because it has butter on it!!! especially the further south you travel

Thats very true about us southeners,bacon or sausage sandwich with Anchor butter................lush

marbro8
28-06-2011, 19:41
Thats very true about us southeners,bacon or sausage sandwich with Anchor butter................lush

noooooooooooo it's just wrong lol we should start a with or without butter on bacon or sausage sarnie thread, or have a vote?

Sal
28-06-2011, 19:48
Tea and even worse tea with sugar http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-large.gif

With you on that one Zara!!! Coffee for me! :coffee:

I try to be a little bit healthy and have mine with "I can't believe it's not Butter"! :spin:

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 19:50
All the more for the Vampire clique.............lol

Count me in.... I love a bit of black pudding! :hungry::vampire:

It has become very obvious to me (and trust me! I am not God) we all have very different tastes! Hallelulah! Roll out the Crispy Bacon...... Oh Yeh..

white bread, no butter or sauce thanks... I'm saucy enough! Boom Boom! :D

i used to feel the same way, but started having sugar with my tea whilst in hospital last year... still can't take it without! :eek:

with cheese
28-06-2011, 19:59
Count me in.... I love a bit of black pudding! :hungry::vampire:

white bread, no butter or sauce thanks... I'm saucy enough! Boom Boom! :D

i used to feel the same way, but started having sugar with my tea whilst in hospital last year... still can't take it without! :eek:
Prunes..............................yuk

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 20:01
Prunes..............................yuk

Celery & sprouts... both totally useless!

with cheese
28-06-2011, 20:03
Can't interest you in a sprout and celery smoothie, then.

marbro8
28-06-2011, 20:05
Celery & sprouts... both totally useless!try cooked sprouts fryed with bacon, very nice

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 20:07
Followed by prune crumble & custard.... :canwehaveasittingontheloosmileyplease: :D

try cooked sprouts fryed with bacon, very nice

Tried.... Disliked! :(

with cheese
28-06-2011, 20:08
www.canwehaveasittingontheloosmileyplease.com

marbro8
28-06-2011, 20:15
Followed by prune crumble & custard.... :canwehaveasittingontheloosmiley

Tried.... Disliked! :(oh right? the best way to cook a sprout is with plenty of salt and bicarb, i hate them with a bite in them, they are much better salty and mushy, maybe thats why you do not like them max? you have only ever eaten them when they have been cooked by the sprout police?:eyebrows:

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 20:24
oh right? the best way to cook a sprout is with plenty of salt and bicarb, i hate them with a bite in them, they are much better salty and mushy, maybe thats why you do not like them max? you have only ever eaten them when they have been cooked by the sprout police?:eyebrows:

They'd still make me fart....

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

with cheese
28-06-2011, 20:29

:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:

Weight Watchers, only available in UK shops, Fart Free sprouts.

marbro8
28-06-2011, 20:31

:cryinglaughing: :cryinglaughing: :cryinglaughing:lol ok now we are geting down to the real reason you don't like sprouts, it's not the taste it's the after effects:whistle:

MaxineC
28-06-2011, 20:33
lol ok now we are geting down to the real reason you don't like sprouts, it's not the taste it's the after effects:whistle:

The taste is the main reason, honest... the side effects merely seal the deal! :D

Bressin
29-06-2011, 08:46
Hello AL JAY.You don't like these foods it is good because i also don't like to eat asparagus avacado and spinach.I can't eat these food.

Jackie
29-06-2011, 09:46
Celery & sprouts... both totally useless!

When I was little I used to hate sprouts but would eat a plate full of cabbage. Unbeknown to me my mum used to mash up sprouts and make out they were cabbage and I have to admit I love them now haha.

I used to do a similar thing with my daughter. I make homemade meatballs but my daughter just wouldn't eat them when she was young even though there was nothing in them she didn't like. On meatball day I used to make hers into burgers and she ate them no problems;)

Zara
29-06-2011, 10:35
When I was little I used to hate sprouts but would eat a plate full of cabbage. Unbeknown to me my mum used to mash up sprouts and make out they were cabbage and I have to admit I love them now haha.

I used to do a similar thing with my daughter. I make homemade meatballs but my daughter just wouldn't eat them when she was young even though there was nothing in them she didn't like. On meatball day I used to make hers into burgers and she ate them no problems;)

That reminds me of when my daughter was little she said she didn't like cream so when I gave it to her I used to say it was Dream Topping !! To this day we still have a laugh over it.

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 11:25
Hello AL JAY.You don't like these foods it is good because i also don't like to eat asparagus avacado and spinach.I can't eat these food.

But they're all very good for you.... and you've just posted a thread telling us all the things we shouldn't eat!! ??? :D

Davie Thistle
29-06-2011, 11:38
..wellnow!

I don't think there is nothing I wouldn't/couldn't eat!
'specially if my life depended on it!

I think it's my upbringing or being dragged up! has something to do with it!
there were times when I did'nt know where my next meal was comming from!
I really couldn't be that fussy!

So, I won't starve ona Desert Island!!:crylaughing:

Zara
29-06-2011, 13:19
that is one thing i do hate, butter on bacon or sausage sarnies????? there is more than enough grease on the thing without putting more on??? the amount of times i have had to send it back because it has butter on it!!! especially the further south you travel

After 40 odd years away still a northerner at heart. :)

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 13:27
After 40 odd years away still a northerner at heart. :)

I'll drink to that... :cheers:

Sundowner
29-06-2011, 16:04
I'll drink to that... :cheers:

That's no recommendation..........................you would drink to anything. :drinking:

MaxineC
29-06-2011, 16:15
That's no recommendation..........................you would drink to anything. :drinking:

I'm sure I have no idea what you mean.... :whistle:

Debbie_22
01-07-2011, 12:48
Just thought I´d add .... Pears, peach flavour yogart (i like peaches though) and f**k**g HATE Meringues!!! For no apparent reason the thought of the sound they wud make if rubbed together freaks me out.............(soft meringue topping on a cake is acceptable)

Anyone else randomly weirded out by some foods¿?¿?

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2011, 12:50
Pulpo - octopus