PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with the aircon in my car

dede
26-06-2011, 16:54
The aircon in my car isn't blowing cold and i have been told it may be due to the fact that it needs re-gassing. I dont know much about this can anyone help me with advise on this please, or where to take it? my car is 9 years old. thanks in advance.

Markles
26-06-2011, 17:20
Could be lack of gas or could be clutch on air con pump due to a number of possible reasons, what car is it?

reggie
26-06-2011, 19:17
I have seen a mobile guy somewhere, may have been old forum, or a free paper, make sure he checks for leaks before recharging it, otherwise your wasting your money, its about £60 in the UK

dede
26-06-2011, 19:35
Could be lack of gas or could be clutch on air con pump due to a number of possible reasons, what car is it?

Hi its a fiat stilo 1.6v,

tracey
26-06-2011, 19:42
Just make sure you get the receipts for any parts

welsh wendy
26-06-2011, 20:40
The aircon in my car isn't blowing cold and i have been told it may be due to the fact that it needs re-gassing. I dont know much about this can anyone help me with advise on this please, or where to take it? my car is 9 years old. thanks in advance.

We deal with a/c in the UK. The system should first be checked for leaks. Could be something minor like a seal, might have stone damage to the condenser which is sometimes located in front of the radiator and so gets all the debris, could be electrical fault or, indeed could be natural loss of gas which happens often. I suggest go to someone reputable or you may get ripped off.

Sylla
26-06-2011, 21:02
We had the same with our car ... last summer , it was tested and had a leak , rather than have a new "whatever"? ! we had it re-gassed ....but it now needs doing again ...so we may have the whole new part fixed when it goes for it's MOT next week ....:convertible:

Nic
27-06-2011, 07:31
I have a number for a Spanish guy that did ours when we got the car. Charged 50€ for a BMW 320 but you could ask for a price, he's mobile and comes to you. I'll see if I can find his number for you.

Vortex Wake
27-06-2011, 08:04
Do remember, that the longer the aircon unit is stood idle - the greater chance that a mechanical part will need changing.

Also, whilst most aircon guys will check for leaks prior to filling - the method of leak testing means that you may still loose gas after just a few months.

When did the cars aircon last blow out cold air?

dede
27-06-2011, 09:39
Do remember, that the longer the aircon unit is stood idle - the greater chance that a mechanical part will need changing.

Also, whilst most aircon guys will check for leaks prior to filling - the method of leak testing means that you may still loose gas after just a few months.

When did the cars aircon last blow out cold air?

I cant answer this question as the car is new to me, but thanks for your input

casabonny
27-06-2011, 09:45
Motorworld have the equipment to do this and identify leaks etc.Give them a call.Numbers and contact details in my signature