PDA

View Full Version : Relocation Moving to Tenerife

orodonnelly
02-01-2018, 01:36
Hello,
My wife and I have been considering moving to Tenerife for some time now as we have been many times, and love the island.
We are coming to Tenerife again in April, but not just to holiday this time.
We are beginning our search to move.

Any advice on the following will help if you can please:
Long term rentals
Paperwork required to work/set up business

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

AndyG
02-01-2018, 07:48
Welcome to the forum! There are not many regular forum contributors at the moment but hopefully you will get some replies! Before we moved here in Nov 2015, we holidayed here several times a year for many years. For the last couple of years before we moved, we visited many different towns and villages along the south coast ( as this was our preferred area) but also in the East and the North of the island. We decided that Playa San Juan was the place we wanted to live and contacted an estate agent in that village to try to arrange a long term rental. We opted to move into rented accommodation in the UK for six months after we had sold our property to give us time to sort everything out including leaving our jobs and planning our move to Tenerife in great detail. Everything went exactly to plan and over 2 years later we are still living in the amazing apartment that the same agent found us and we have loved every minute of our move. I cannot give any advice on working as we both retired early. All I can say is that although unemployment has been falling according to the monthly statistics that are issued, it remains high and finding a secure job appears to be very difficult. Good luck in your planned move!

orodonnelly
02-01-2018, 11:01
Welcome to the forum! There are not many regular forum contributors at the moment but hopefully you will get some replies! Before we moved here in Nov 2015, we holidayed here several times a year for many years. For the last couple of years before we moved, we visited many different towns and villages along the south coast ( as this was our preferred area) but also in the East and the North of the island. We decided that Playa San Juan was the place we wanted to live and contacted an estate agent in that village to try to arrange a long term rental. We opted to move into rented accommodation in the UK for six months after we had sold our property to give us time to sort everything out including leaving our jobs and planning our move to Tenerife in great detail. Everything went exactly to plan and over 2 years later we are still living in the amazing apartment that the same agent found us and we have loved every minute of our move. I cannot give any advice on working as we both retired early. All I can say is that although unemployment has been falling according to the monthly statistics that are issued, it remains high and finding a secure job appears to be very difficult. Good luck in your planned move!Andy, thank you very much for taking you time to reply. I really appreciate any advice I receive.
Our plan is to open a business of our own, so we are not really seeking employment.
What was the name of your estate agent that you used Andy? If you don't mind me asking.

AndyG
02-01-2018, 12:21
I live in Playa San Juan on the south west coast and the agent is EasyLiving Tenerife. They tend only to do rentals on this side of the island as far as I know but you could contact Philip and see if he can help or knows anyone who can if you are looking for a different area? Phone numbers etc will be on their website I am sure.

orodonnelly
02-01-2018, 12:38
I live in Playa San Juan on the south west coast and the agent is EasyLiving Tenerife. They tend only to do rentals on this side of the island as far as I know but you could contact Philip and see if he can help or knows anyone who can if you are looking for a different area? Phone numbers etc will be on their website I am sure.South West is our area of choice Andy. Thanks.
We know the area (as holiday goers) quite well, as a member of my family had a villa in Golf del Sur until last year, when it was sold.
Thanks again.

ddoyle
04-01-2018, 12:48
Delta Properties in Golf Del Sur may be able to help with rental, check their web site or give Betty a ring. Best of luck wit setting up a business.
regards.

orodonnelly
04-01-2018, 14:18
Delta Properties in Golf Del Sur may be able to help with rental, check their web site or give Betty a ring. Best of luck wit setting up a business.
regards.Thanks ddoyle ...
I will look into it...
We are not in any panic, on making a move, but we are meticulous in our planning.
We are coming out to Tenerife in April to begin our search.
And will be out regularly until we are happy.

ronniecee
04-01-2018, 19:58
Hello,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you are looking for. My partner and I decided to move out here in October last year and rented a property through www.immobilien-traum-teneriffa.eu/langzeitmiete-nord-freie-angebote/ its a German website but they speak English if you find anything that takes your fancy. We currently rent in the North of the island but they also have properties in the South. The minimal rental period is normally 1 year. We have in the meanwhile bought a house ( still in the North ) so will be moving out in the next two months. Another good website to search is https://www.idealista.com/de/ you can change the language in the top right hand corner. Good luck to you and the family. Would be nice to know what your businesss is, just in case we could use you?

orodonnelly
04-01-2018, 22:14
Hello,
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you are looking for. My partner and I decided to move out here in October last year and rented a property through www.immobilien-traum-teneriffa.eu/langzeitmiete-nord-freie-angebote/ its a German website but they speak English if you find anything that takes your fancy. We currently rent in the North of the island but they also have properties in the South. The minimal rental period is normally 1 year. We have in the meanwhile bought a house ( still in the North ) so will be moving out in the next two months. Another good website to search is https://www.idealista.com/de/ you can change the language in the top right hand corner. Good luck to you and the family. Would be nice to know what your businesss is, just in case we could use you?Thank you Ronniecee.
As we have been to Tenerife (south) many times, my wife and I have our own businesses.
I have a printing business in northern Ireland, (Ni Flyers - print and design) with customers all over the UK, which will still be running when we do eventually.
I deal with most of my clients online, so can still run it from Tenerife.
My son's will look after the rest from here.

But we are considering a cafe venture in Tenerife.
I am a qualified chef, but left the catering trade quite a number of years ago, bit have always wanted to get back into it for myself.
I will certainly look at the websites you have kindly linked for me...

junglejim
05-01-2018, 07:00
Contact Diana Goldenmaniac on here or at website - very knowledgeable & helpful

http://theonestopproblemshop.com/

willowlily
05-01-2018, 10:49
Thank you Ronniecee.
As we have been to Tenerife (south) many times, my wife and I have our own businesses.
I have a printing business in northern Ireland, (Ni Flyers - print and design) with customers all over the UK, which will still be running when we do eventually.
I deal with most of my clients online, so can still run it from Tenerife.
My son's will look after the rest from here.

But we are considering a cafe venture in Tenerife.
I am a qualified chef, but left the catering trade quite a number of years ago, bit have always wanted to get back into it for myself.
I will certainly look at the websites you have kindly linked for me...

You are doing the right thing take your time do your homework and all will fall into place. There are many catering outfits for sale as I am sure you realise in south Tenerife. I recently saw advertised on facebook a refurbished café/bar in playa paraiso for a modest price and in my opinion in an upcoming area.

orodonnelly
05-01-2018, 11:25
You are doing the right thing take your time do your homework and all will fall into place. There are many catering outfits for sale as I am sure you realise in south Tenerife. I recently saw advertised on facebook a refurbished café/bar in playa paraiso for a modest price and in my opinion in an upcoming area.Yes, willow lily, I am cautious about my intentions, so plan to do it right.
I have seen quite a few, but obviously, price, location, and type of establishment is all going to be key.