PDA

View Full Version : Utilities Sky Park

imablue
03-01-2018, 19:20
Work started yesterday on the dismantling of Sky Park in Torviscas.
It has been shut for years ,now apparently private enterprises are funding a brand new alternative Health and Well Being centre.
Expovida 2020.....

junglejim
04-01-2018, 00:33
It was a few years ago it was to be one of the station stops for the fabled railway !
At least something positive being done !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNyr0iIkGRg

Looking at the video -the project seems much larger than the present footprint of Skypark ?

Tony the Welder
06-01-2018, 09:41
thank you to imablue and junglejim for the info , hope the health and well being center dose better than the sky park ,it will fit nicely on the plot of land . the sky park was only open for apro 4 yrs . 2002 to 2006 .first time i saw the blue prints for the sky park was in 1998 or 9 it was 6 months later when the main tower arrived in tenerife witch all had to be modified, i was asked if i could spare a couple of week to help out , after working a couple of days a week for , 2, years it was ready to go to the site , the insures not happy with it just been a bolted structure , so it had to welded up solid , so after that and varios other jobs on site my job was done , the 2 week had changed to nearly 2 years and 6 month , i made lot of new friends on the job , most lost lots of money on the project ,it was a lot of factors that lead to it closer , if the original plan witch had been past , had been followed it may have still been here to day ,i just feel sorry for the people that lost money