PDA

View Full Version : Stories about airports and planes...

Pink shoes
26-06-2011, 22:09
I thought I would start a new thread about things that happen to you at airports.

On our return journey to LGW - Monarch at Tenerife airport told us.....
(a couple) you have only booked one seat for the plane!
Oh looked at me...waiting for me to say something as I was the one who had booked it all online. I said loudly NO WAY!
The girl behind the desk said "don't shout"
The folk in the next que said "that's ok, you have a seat, you can leave him behind!"
I got out more papers. I printed everything out to do with bookings....
Luck would have it I had chosen seats to sit together and even choose the seat numbers. So knew where we should be sitting.
The girl looked again her computer and declared they had given a passenger who had gone through check in one of those seats.
I then asked if they did have another seat on the plane as we had definitely paid for x2 seats together?
Back to her computer again and after a wile said she had given us what they call an emergency seat!!!!
It turned out ok in the end, we had x2 seats sitting together but not the one's we had chosen.

Harmonicaman
26-06-2011, 22:16
Orville and Wilbur Wright made the first manned flight in an powered aeroplane at Kittyhawk USA.

Chicken Shirl
26-06-2011, 22:26
You always make me laugh Harmonica man.:crylaughing:

sundownersvince
27-06-2011, 01:19
I experienced an aborted landing a few years ago at Stansted.....one minute coming in to land as normal.....next, whoosh, back up to about 10,000 feet in no time......... all went very quiet.....

kieraj
27-06-2011, 01:42
we took our grandson to spain for a holiday a few weeks ago, we arrived back in liverpool and went through passport control, they asked him his name, had he had a nice holiday who were we? etc he was 16 months old, I was very amused, did they think we had took him from spain ? I explained that his mum was in the airport waiting for us and should I go and get her, no that won't be necessary was their reply as he looks English.

sundownersvince
27-06-2011, 01:48
ha ha......not Birmingham then..........