PDA

View Full Version : Another tragedy that was avoidable.

jolfc
01-06-2011, 13:32
Three Held After Boy Plunges To His Death

1:16pm UK, Wednesday June 01, 2011

Three adults and a teenager have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect after a six-year-old boy fell from an eight-storey balcony and later died.

The young boy has been named locally as Liam Shackleton.

Police were called to Lindsey Mount block of flats in north-east Leeds at around 5.15pm yesterday following reports a child had fallen.

He was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for treatment but did not survive.

Officers say an investigation is under way into the incident.

Relatives have left tributes to the young boy at the scene

Two men, aged 57 and 36, a woman, 28, and a 16-year-old girl - all believed to be at the house when the young boy fell - have been taken into police custody for questioning.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "Three adults have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect. Inquiries are ongoing."

Three adults in that flat how can this happen? :mad:
R.I.P young Liam.

Mods feel free to change my thread title if the one I have put is not appropiate, thank you.

ali marshall
01-06-2011, 14:23
Poor lad,why was the balcony door left open?? My balcony door is constantly locked.The door is so stiff to pull open the owner wanted to fix it,told him no way leave it, least if my 3 year old manages to open it, he cant pull it open enough to get out.Sorry but you need to have eyes in the back of your head with kids and with 4 people there someone should of been watching him.

What a waste of a young life,thoughts go out to the little boys family.

jolfc
01-06-2011, 14:32
Poor lad,why was the balcony door left open?? My balcony door is constantly locked.The door is so stiff to pull open the owner wanted to fix it,told him no way leave it, least if my 3 year old manages to open it, he cant pull it open enough to get out.Sorry but you need to have eyes in the back of your head with kids and with 4 people there someone should of been watching him.

What a waste of a young life,thoughts go out to the little boys family.

According to Sky news it was fitted with a child lock so it could not be opened too far, but this can be taken off so it will tilt open further, all I can think is either Liam managed to open it by taking the child lock off and was not seen doing so or an adult decided to open the window of balcony wider, only time will tell us when more info emerges.

TenerifeFanatic
02-06-2011, 00:22
Thoughts and prayers to heavy hearts feeling this tragic loss.