PDA

View Full Version : Laws & Regulations Autonomo Social Security Payments reduction confusion

pcoyles
13-03-2018, 14:14
Really need help with this one, I'm not sure if my Gestor has this right.

I've been living in Tenerife for 1yr and 3 months now, I've been Autonomo and paying social security payments as per the reduced amounts depending on the scale.

Unfortunately, I was not paid any money from my clients for 2 months in Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 so I did not have my social security payments in my bank on time. I went to the tax office and I have to pay 2 months payments at the full price, it's about 275 Euros, plus a small fine which is fair enough.

But my Gestor has told me that I have now lost the reduced rate for good now, even if I make all future payments on time for the next 8 months (taking me up to the 2 years where I was eligible for the reduced rates). Is this true? Because I was late a couple of times, I now completely lose the discount from now on?

This seems incredibly harsh to me, I set up a business here and because a couple of my clients never paid me on time, I am now being punished by losing my reduced rated for the rest of the 2 yr period?

Tony the Welder
14-03-2018, 08:18
Really need help with this one, I'm not sure if my Gestor has this right.

I've been living in Tenerife for 1yr and 3 months now, I've been Autonomo and paying social security payments as per the reduced amounts depending on the scale.

Unfortunately, I was not paid any money from my clients for 2 months in Dec 2017 and Jan 2018 so I did not have my social security payments in my bank on time. I went to the tax office and I have to pay 2 months payments at the full price, it's about 275 Euros, plus a small fine which is fair enough.

But my Gestor has told me that I have now lost the reduced rate for good now, even if I make all future payments on time for the next 8 months (taking me up to the 2 years where I was eligible for the reduced rates). Is this true? Because I was late a couple of times, I now completely lose the discount from now on?

This seems incredibly harsh to me, I set up a business here and because a couple of my clients never paid me on time, I am now being punished by losing my reduced rated for the rest of the 2 yr period?

the antonomo social security system is a bit of a minedfield if you are not fluent in spanish as are the normal taxes i always left my payments to my gestor marcus in los chris to sort out , but i belive the reduction you are talking about is as follows 80 percent first 6months , 50 percent the following 6 mouth and 30 persent in the finnal 3 mouth , but please do not take this as correct as things change all the time over here i would recommend contacting some one like j a n n e t , a s k e m , for her imput you can look her up on line