PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide Travel Insurance for those resident in Tenerife

Linda Gill
16-03-2018, 12:15
Good morning. We are resident in Tenerife and are planning a holiday to Botswana later in the year. Can anyone recommend a good travel insurance company for those aged 65 and 68?

I´ve seen some mentioned in some older posts but maybe there are some new ideas out there..... many thanks for any help given.

Moderator_
17-03-2018, 11:17
Talk to Anne Hobson, Liberty Insurance, 922793866

Linda Gill
19-03-2018, 11:53
Talk to Anne Hobson, Liberty Insurance, 922793866

Thank you. I will certainly give here a call. From the names of companies given in the older posts...... Staysure looks quite promising too, but I would like to compare others of course.

cressrt
19-03-2018, 20:35
We have used Staysure for the last few years, I'm now 62 wife 53, both have declared conditions, can recommend.

Linda Gill
21-03-2018, 09:07
We have used Staysure for the last few years, I'm now 62 wife 53, both have declared conditions, can recommend.

Thank you for this extra reassurance.

seanocelt
25-03-2018, 12:50
Im scrapping Staysure, seem to be horrendous if you dare claim, plus in small print "journey 1st leg must commence in UK", not ideal for ex pats. Not renewing.

blondie
25-03-2018, 13:57
I was with Staysure for a couple of years and cant quite remember why I stopped but there must have been a good reason . I think it was something to do with problems people had when they made a claim.
I have had LV now for a few years but have never had a claim , I wont find out if they are any different till then I suppose . Hope I dont need too :pray:

imablue
25-03-2018, 18:32
Its typical Insurance Companies, you never know how good,helpful and concerned they are about you (except for the premium)until you need to make a claim.
Always said it biggest con ever,but we all need some sort of cover for it seems everything in life..and for death too.

cressrt
25-03-2018, 20:34
The policy we have with Staysure is an Expat, resident in Spain, does not need to be travelling from the UK. Yes they do a UK resident policy as well, you need to ensure you take the correct policy out

Linda Gill
28-03-2018, 09:43
The policy we have with Staysure is an Expat, resident in Spain, does not need to be travelling from the UK. Yes they do a UK resident policy as well, you need to ensure you take the correct policy out

Thanks for all the comments so far - I have now spoken to Staysure and they do have a policy which is for those Resident here in Tenerife. In comparing their policies with Liberty Insurance they do seem to offer the same levels of compensation for considerably less premium.

I have a few more questions to complete any final quote but I will post my final decision in case its helpful. However, as we all know the real proof the pudding is when a claim in made..... and hopefully I won´t be doing that.

seanocelt
31-03-2018, 11:40

I took an expat policy, but small print says journey must commence ex UK.....seems to be revised now

cressrt
31-03-2018, 15:08
This is the current wording:
"You must be a British National, spouse, or dependent of a British National
permanently resident of your home country for six or more of the last twelve months.
You must also be registered with a doctor in your home country, who will grant
access to your medical records. You must purchase your policy before your trip
starts. Your trip must also start and end in your home country."

Linda Gill
03-04-2018, 10:51
This is the current wording:
"You must be a British National, spouse, or dependent of a British National
permanently resident of your home country for six or more of the last twelve months.
You must also be registered with a doctor in your home country, who will grant
access to your medical records. You must purchase your policy before your trip
starts. Your trip must also start and end in your home country."

Hello again. I just wanted to confirm that I did buy the Staysure policy. It seemed the best value for money and I have the documents which clearly state all journeys begin and end in the Canary Isles, specifically Tenerife. We are permanent residents here. What may be awkward for some people is those living here without fully disconnecting from the UK. Eg those who still want UK health service access etc. Or people who spend 6 months here and 6 months in UK.

The requirement is that you clearly have a Home Country......whichever one it may be, that will determine your policy.

I sincerely hope that I won’t be making any claims but if I do, fingers crossed that they settle it fairly and I will let you all know the outcome. Thanks again for comments made.

imablue
08-08-2018, 22:41
Read here ...
how to keep intelligence in suspence