PDA

View Full Version : Health Diabetes type1

rh53
30-03-2018, 10:53
Hi there my wife has been diagnosed with type1 diabetes 3 days ago.She has been released from Santa Cruz hospital yesterday.l am taking blood readings and injecting insulin.Can anyone tell me if l can buy insulin from pharmacy here without prescription.This is all new to us .She is on 2 different insulins.one every 24 hours and the other before meals.lm afraid of running out before flying back 26th april.Do l need to make doctors appointment or can l buy when needed.Any advice would be appreciated.

blondie
30-03-2018, 15:45
Hi there my wife has been diagnosed with type1 diabetes 3 days ago.She has been released from Santa Cruz hospital yesterday.l am taking blood readings and injecting insulin.Can anyone tell me if l can buy insulin from pharmacy here without prescription.This is all new to us .She is on 2 different insulins.one every 24 hours and the other before meals.lm afraid of running out before flying back 26th april.Do l need to make doctors appointment or can l buy when needed.Any advice would be appreciated.

I am surprised that your wife has been discharged from hospital with so little information . You must make an appointment to speak to a nurse
or a Dr . right away , this is not an easy condition to manage safely without a lot more information for you both .

Cousincas
31-03-2018, 09:36
I suggest you take the medication to a pharmacy and ask to buy it. They will tell you if you need a prescription. If you do, take your passport and E111 (don't think it's called that anymore) to the Central Medical and the doctor will issue a prescription.