PDA

View Full Version : Property New to the forum

AndyM
06-04-2018, 17:09
Hi,

My wife and I have now reached the age where the UK is too cold in the winter and wish to rent in Tenerife or similar isle for a couple of months in the autumn and 2 or 3 months in the winter.
We have visited the Canary island many times for holidays but our general conditions for a longer stay are as follows:

We're a couple in early 60's but v active and are looking for somewhere with other expats nearby but also with a real Spanish feel so maybe someplace with decent restaurants and shops. We've stayed in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote but is this maybe too quiet in winter? Would somewhere like Playa las Americas be too busy/touristy?

The apartment need only be 1 bed but mustn't be too cramped (min 65m2) and maybe have a shared pool. We would also like to be within walking distance of the sea/beaches

Any advice on what to expect cost wise really welcome.

AndyM

delderek
06-04-2018, 18:40
Anything within walking distance of sea and beaches is likely to be holiday lets and unlikely to be for long term let at an affordable price. 65m2 is large by normal modern one bed standards, many are tiny at 45/50 m2. Las Americas may not be ideal, Los Cristianos probably will be ideal, but without knowing your budget, it not an easy question to answer.

caroline
07-04-2018, 14:25
Hi,

My wife and I have now reached the age where the UK is too cold in the winter and wish to rent in Tenerife or similar isle for a couple of months in the autumn and 2 or 3 months in the winter.
We have visited the Canary island many times for holidays but our general conditions for a longer stay are as follows:

We're a couple in early 60's but v active and are looking for somewhere with other expats nearby but also with a real Spanish feel so maybe someplace with decent restaurants and shops. We've stayed in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote but is this maybe too quiet in winter? Would somewhere like Playa las Americas be too busy/touristy?

The apartment need only be 1 bed but mustn't be too cramped (min 65m2) and maybe have a shared pool. We would also like to be within walking distance of the sea/beaches

AndyM

Hi Andy
We have a new modern 2 bed townhouse in Playa de arena Los Gigantes. This year we rented it to a couple in their 60s for jan Feb mar. We have good WiFi, shared heated pool, tv, air con and large terrace and balcony and sea view of la gomera.
If you’re interested please message me and I can show you it online.

AndyM
09-04-2018, 14:21
Hi Andy
We have a new modern 2 bed townhouse in Playa de arena Los Gigantes. This year we rented it to a couple in their 60s for jan Feb mar. We have good WiFi, shared heated pool, tv, air con and large terrace and balcony and sea view of la gomera.
If you’re interested please message me and I can show you it online.

Hi Caroline,

Would be interested for possibly the end of this year sometime (Nov/Dec)
Can you send me details please (website?)
Are there shops/restaurants etc and how easy is it to get to by bus from airport?

AndyM

caroline
09-04-2018, 15:59
Hi again
The property is in the complex adjacent to the new mercadona supermarket. Shops and rests are a 10-15 min walk away, all downhill. It’s uphill home or 4€ in a Taxi.
Transfer from the airport is possible by bus but I’ve never done that. A Taxi is €40 each way but there are many transfer companies with minibuses that will be much cheaper and still door to door.
Here is the link to give you an idea. Ignore the prices there, if you know dates I can negotiate a lower price for longer rental.
Kind regards
Caroline

https://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/los-gigantes/7445197?rSid=0n8

Hi Caroline,

Would be interested for possibly the end of this year sometime (Nov/Dec)
Can you send me details please (website?)
Are there shops/restaurants etc and how easy is it to get to by bus from airport?

AndyM

philly
09-04-2018, 19:42
Hi my name is Phillip. iam a qualified roofer looking for work in Tenerife, can you lead me in the right direction

Tony the Welder
10-04-2018, 10:07
Hi,

AndyM

2weeks in playa blanka or las americas would be to long for me ie playa blanka to quite and las americas just a little bit to much costa del silencio offers every thing i need 65 m2 is a big apartment and 2 or 3 months is more of an holiday let than a long let and the prices will reflect this , but around 700euros a month with bills included if your lucky